Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SHAKING OF THE BOOTY  (Read 20375 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:THE SHAKING OF THE BOOTY
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2004, 11:05:22 AM »

Oh, my gosh, that sounds fabulous.

DR George: My mom and I prepare our meatloafs (meatloaves?) on a broiler pan for that same reason...it makes it much less greasy. I've noticed up here that everyone has brown gravy with their meatloaf. We've never done meatloaf with a brown gravy...we've always used ketchup or some sort of tomato sauce. Is that weird to most of you, or is ketchup a pretty standard meatloaf accoutrement?

My dad thinks that ketchup/catsup on meatloaf is sacrilege!  My sister, my niece and I all use ketchup (my preferred spelling) on meatloaf.  And mashed potatoes with meatloaf is a must!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2004, 11:07:12 AM »

Now Jackie, you eat your greens or no dessert for you!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2004, 11:07:20 AM »

My sister's "secret" way to cook meatloaf is that she cooks it on a pan like this:

so that the fat and grease drip away from the meatloaf while it cooks.  It really does make for a better meatloaf!

My meatloaf pan is actually a pan within a pan, so that the grease all drains into the lower pan leaving the meatloaf with far less grease.  Of course, if I make it with ground turkey, I don't have to worry about the grease.

I do like the spinach idea MBarnum.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

MBarnum

« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2004, 11:08:29 AM »

If the meatloaf has onions in it I use ketchup also. I don't care for onions in my meatloaf and the ketchup sort of drowns out the taste of them.

Why am I getting so hungry today. I just don't know.

MBarnum

« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2004, 11:10:05 AM »

Off work in 50 minutes then running to a big estate sale at a big old house downtown! This is the 3rd estate sale they have had at that house....tons of stuff...they are now selling stuff that was in the basement, attic, and closets. Can't wait to see what is there this time (not that I need to buy anything).
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 11:10:26 AM by MBarnum »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2004, 11:12:44 AM »

I see on the news that al-Qaida has beheaded American hostage Paul Johnson.  What a world.  What a world.

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jennifer

« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2004, 11:31:42 AM »

I have never been to an estate sale.  What is it like?  And are most people just regular people?  Or are many of them looking to resell the stuff they buy?

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2004, 11:32:49 AM »

My new favourite quote:

For all those would-be screenwriters who feverishly clutch their Syd Field or worship at the shrine of Robert McKee or some other guru who has never written a successful screenplay.  Who constantly ask stupid questions about character arcs  and how long should a script be and on what page Act One should end on...this one's for you...

"If you can't write a play without being taught - don't!"
--George Bernard Shaw--

MBarnum

« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2004, 11:44:38 AM »

I have never been to an estate sale.  What is it like?  And are most people just regular people?  Or are many of them looking to resell the stuff they buy?

A little of both usually.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2004, 11:46:32 AM »

I am drinking a Cherry Coke and eating cereal right out of the box. I have a cat on my lap.

New York shirt I got in New York, the only clean pants I could find, brand new saddle shoes.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jed

« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2004, 12:14:11 PM »

Darn you all!!!  I've been craving fried chicken for a week or two, and here it becomes a topic of discussion!  

I shall not, however, be giving in to this craving tonight, for I am going to my grandparents' house for a simply yummilicious Greek dinner.  For years and years, my grandparents would always auction off a Greek dinner for 8 at the local Rotary/Chamber of Commerce auction.  The dinner never failed to bring in big bucks for the auction.  Been a few years since they did one, but they decided to give it a go again this year.  Last night was the dinner, so tonight is leftover night for the family. :D

MBarnum's spinach meatloaf sounds rather good to me... two wonderful foods in one!  As for what to put on meatloaf, it's usually ketchup for me.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2004, 12:44:55 PM »

Can you believe I forgot to wish Dear Reader Laura II a happy birthday? I must have been preoccupied getting my cat to keep his paws out of my box of cereal. Happy birthday, Dear Reader Laura II!!
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jennifer

« Reply #102 on: June 18, 2004, 12:45:25 PM »

Where did everyone go?

To eat fried chicken? :)

I wish I knew of some place around here that made good fried chicken.  But alas the only place that I know makes fried chicken is KFC.

François de Paris

« Reply #103 on: June 18, 2004, 12:57:35 PM »

H A P P Y  B I R T H D A Y  W I S H E S   T O  D E A R  R E A D E R

L A U R A  !........

Media check:

Main room cd player;

Oh, Captain!  - OBC -

The Most Happy Fella  - new complete TER/Jay version with glorious Emily Loesser!

Barbara Cook Xmas album.

cd player in attic: nothing.
cd player in guest room: nothing.
cd palyer in car#1: nothing.
cd player in car#2: nothing.
cd player in romper room: nothing.
cd player in yatch: nothing.
cd player in bathroom; nothing.
cd player in ......... etc, etc, etc.....

What do you feel, Morales?

"Nothing!".......... ;D

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #104 on: June 18, 2004, 01:17:56 PM »

I started BROKEN ARROW this afternoon, and it, too, is a Fox non-anamorphic, probably one of the last they did before doing their transfers with anamorphic enhancement. The picture is very sharp for a standard letterbox, but one is sad to think how much better it would have looked enhanced for widescreen TVs.

I've always liked this movie despite ridiculous lapses in logic and continuity.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2004, 01:19:28 PM »

I fry chicken once a week for myself. I have a deep fat fryer, and just have to have it, like a drug. I usually fry enough for two meals.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #106 on: June 18, 2004, 01:23:27 PM »

Dessert dessert dessert!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2004, 01:33:41 PM »

For lunch I had the McDonald's Bacon Ranch salad with crispy chicken in the new "adult happy meal," except I got a large diet Coke (the official drink here at HHW) instead of the water.  I got the happy meal because I wanted the pedometer.  This evening starts the American Cancer Society's Thurston County 24-hour Relay-For-Life and I want to see how many steps I'll take on the track.  I'll keep track and post either tomorrow or Sunday.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 01:36:14 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jason

« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2004, 01:35:59 PM »

Is anyone here as big a fan of COLD fried chicken as I am? Oh my gosh, I'd rather have it cold than hot, honestly. In fact, my dad always fries up two meals' worth and puts half of it in two big Ziplock bags and pops it in the fridge. I inevitably have some around midnight or so and then snack on it for the next day or two til it's all gone. And it's generally known throughout my house that those bags of chicken are mine--HANDS OFF!

Jennifer

« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2004, 01:59:03 PM »

What is an adult happy meal?

Matt H.

« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2004, 02:00:08 PM »

I'm so addicted to fried chicken that I can eat it cold or hot. When I fry up enough for two meals, I sometimes DO get the urge to eat it cold late at night and have been known to steal it out of the frig. But I do try to show some self-control MOST of the time and let it stay until the next day. However, I will zap it in the microwave if I have it for a hot meal the next day. Warmed over is never as good as fresh and hot and not as good as cold, but it's better than nothing!

Jennifer

« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2004, 02:00:20 PM »

I don't know cold fried chicken! :(

Matt H.

« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2004, 02:01:44 PM »

Since we're talking food, I have to admit that I baked a triple chocolate fudge cake this afternoon. Just used a mix, so it's nothing fancy, but I haven't had a cake in a long, long time and was really hungry for one. I'll use this as my dessert for a few days.,

Jennifer

« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2004, 02:04:10 PM »

Okay now I feel deprived!

Where can I find a good fried chicken recipe where I don't need to deep fry it.  Or is there no point in me trying this if I have no clue what I'm doing.

Jennifer

« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2004, 02:07:45 PM »

Why do food topics always make me crazy?

Now all I need is for someone to mention Chinese food, so I can be obsessed with that all week.

Matt H.

« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2004, 02:08:15 PM »

My goodness, here I was just talking a couple of days ago about A TREE GROWS IN BROOKLYN, and I see it's coming on the Fox Movie Channel on Sunday at noon. I will finally get to see this all the way through. I'm so looking forward to it.

Matt H.

« Reply #116 on: June 18, 2004, 02:09:11 PM »

Well, Jennifer, all I can say is that I will be having Chinese food tomorrow afternoon. There is a wonderful Chinese buffet a couple of miles from the house, and I eat there for lunch almost every Saturday afternoon.

Laura II

« Reply #117 on: June 18, 2004, 02:14:20 PM »

To all of you Dear Readers:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Thank you SO very much for the birthday
wishes!!
[/move]

So far, I've celebrated with getting a hepatitis B shot for school in August. Woohoo! A couple of friends and I are going to Olive Garden tonight for dinner, though, so that should be nice!

All of this talk of food makes me smile. :)

Jane, hope you and Keith have a safe trip, and I hope Echo continues to get better!

Congrats on the 50,000 posts!

Again, thanks for all of the sweet, colorful messages! I really appreciate them! Have a wonderful night!!
"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

Jennifer

« Reply #118 on: June 18, 2004, 02:14:20 PM »

Ah look it's the BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!

Yeah!

George

« Reply #119 on: June 18, 2004, 02:16:48 PM »

Well, Jennifer, all I can say is that I will be having Chinese food tomorrow afternoon. There is a wonderful Chinese buffet a couple of miles from the house, and I eat there for lunch almost every Saturday afternoon.

Are you going to save some and have "Chinese Food in Bed?" (a BK reference!!)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up