Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FUN DAY  (Read 9309 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THE FUN DAY
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2012, 07:11:23 AM »

Page two!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2012, 07:12:38 AM »

It's spring break here this week, and the traffic was so light this morning that I made the 12 miles to work in 20 minutes. It usually takes 45 minutes to 1:15 depending on how asleep the other drivers on the road are.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2012, 07:33:02 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  I slept like a rock last night and the later sunrise enabled me to sleep in a bit.  It's pouring rain here in SW Ohio - perfect for making a double recipe of chili in the crockpot.  I'll dish out enough for Richard's dinner and take the rest to the AAUW supper at the book sale site.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2012, 08:20:51 AM »

Continued rehearsal & performance vibes to MR BK & Co.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2012, 08:22:19 AM »

I got to use the Evil Eye today in the WalMart Parking Lot when some man in a mini van couldn't wait a few seconds for me to cross with my cart before pulling into a parking space.....

He got the Evil Eye twice.....once while sitting in his van STILL on the phone....and again when he got out and looked at me to see if I was looking at him.....yes....he got the Evil Eye.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2012, 09:03:10 AM »

Ditto!
I've been shut out of the site for the past 10 minutes or so with "too many connections." WTF does it mean?

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2012, 09:04:42 AM »

I've finished another project, which I just sent to New World Records in two parts and I am on to another job. Oy!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2012, 09:13:22 AM »

Me too....but we ARE back!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2012, 09:13:50 AM »

Yes DR JMK - the TAR drama is coming from the BB duo.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2012, 09:38:57 AM »

Allergies?  Cold?  Whatever it is ... Go away NOW!!!

Jennifer

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2012, 09:44:34 AM »

RE: last night's THE AMAZING RACE

I personally devolved into helpless giggles last night during TAR's crying jags.  Having never watched Big Brother, I'm "new" to this couple.  Were they like this on that show?  How could a doctoral candidate be paired with such a whining loser?

The interesting thing is on her first time on Big Brother Rachel was not that well liked (by viewers). But last time (she actually won the show) she was actually much more well liked. It was very interesting.

I actually like her a lot. She is a really fierce competitor and very athletic. You'll notice that when she is doing well at things she does much better than when things go wrong (as you can see by last night's show).

This past season of Big Brother (also Brendan's 2nd time on the show) people/viewers were actually really hating on Brendan (who i like much less than Rachel).

I think the show (TAR) is definitely going to focus on anytime Rachel gets upset. They think it makes good tv.  I actually also like the other Rachel team on TAR (who were also fighting). Mostly because i prefer super competitive teams.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2012, 09:52:45 AM »

I personally devolved into helpless giggles last night during TAR's crying jags.  Having never watched Big Brother, I'm "new" to this couple.  Were they like this on that show?  How could a doctoral candidate be paired with such a whining loser?

Is Brendon a doctoral candidate?  On his two Big Brother appearances, he was the dumbest cluck in the house...each time.  How he and Rachel matched up is beyond me.  She's beyond screechy, needy, whiny and "entitled."

Brendon may be a different person on TV and with Rachel.  Do you know what he's studying?

As for Rachel, I do not believe she was more "well liked" by the public.  When it came to the final voting by the ousted competitors, Rachel was the lesser of two evils.   BB has been resolved that way a number of times...very unpopular competitors winning it all.  The worst of all time was Maggie during Season 6.   The final choice was her or Yvette and they were both allies.   Yvette's girlfriend and parents liked "the other side", not Yvette's side.  Maggie's friends were mostly silent. It was BB's worst moment, IMO.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 09:57:40 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2012, 10:18:13 AM »

DR elmore I completely understand your concerns about a fire & wanting to stay home.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2012, 10:22:03 AM »

I've done some research I found my annoying problems of pages sticking & not turning are definitely a complaint with the Nook Color.  I also have tips on how to prevent or fix it next time it happens.  A couple of them I've already discovered but am very happy to have a couple of more options to try.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2012, 10:34:23 AM »

Ditto!

~~~DITTO, TOO!!~~~
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 10:36:15 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2012, 10:35:17 AM »

~~~Very Safe Travel Vibes for BK!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2012, 10:36:14 AM »

am very happy to have a couple of more options to try.

A hint for continuing marital bliss:

Don't use the phrase "I'm exploring options" to Keith without explicit clarification

der Brucer (whose SmartPhone seems to have left him logged on all night)
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

John G.

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2012, 10:37:44 AM »

Getting work done today. I like that.
― Voltaire

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2012, 11:03:51 AM »

Is Brendon a doctoral candidate?  On his two Big Brother appearances, he was the dumbest cluck in the house...each time.  How he and Rachel matched up is beyond me.  She's beyond screechy, needy, whiny and "entitled."

Brendon may be a different person on TV and with Rachel.  Do you know what he's studying?

As for Rachel, I do not believe she was more "well liked" by the public.  When it came to the final voting by the ousted competitors, Rachel was the lesser of two evils.   BB has been resolved that way a number of times...very unpopular competitors winning it all.  The worst of all time was Maggie during Season 6.   The final choice was her or Yvette and they were both allies.   Yvette's girlfriend and parents liked "the other side", not Yvette's side.  Maggie's friends were mostly silent. It was BB's worst moment, IMO.

A couple of their "confessionals" last night mentioned his doctoral work, but I can't recall what it was in--I want to say science of some kind.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2012, 11:05:11 AM »

DR elmore I completely understand your concerns about a fire & wanting to stay home.

Thanks, DR Jane! It will take me a couple of days to get over my concerns about a fire.

FJL

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2012, 11:08:51 AM »

Wonderful seeing the group at Joe Allen's yesterday.

JMK

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2012, 11:09:12 AM »

Oy, is it windy here!  The wind woke us all up last night at about 3 a.m. and it has continued unabated.  There are trees down all over the place, including a gigantic oak branch in the courtyard here at the church I work for.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2012, 11:09:22 AM »

And the forecast is for snow tonight.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2012, 11:15:21 AM »

I believe he is getting his PhD in physics and has a couple of degrees as well....he is working on some kind of cancer research....Brendan from TAR.....

Ben

« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2012, 11:15:21 AM »

It is 66 degrees, sunny and beautiful in Manhattan.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2012, 11:30:26 AM »

I believe he is getting his PhD in physics and has a couple of degrees as well....he is working on some kind of cancer research....Brendan from TAR.....

Brendon of Brendon and Rachel from TAR and BB?

Brendon who, during the last BB, was often chastised by Rachel for what he did with his cell phone before BB started.    I'm thinking "all book sense and no common sense".
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2012, 11:31:26 AM »

George

« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2012, 01:02:14 PM »

A lull.

George

« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2012, 01:02:34 PM »

Well...

George

« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2012, 01:02:44 PM »

...since we're so close...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up