Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: COMING HOME  (Read 13456 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: COMING HOME
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2012, 06:37:41 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2012, 06:37:50 AM »

Page two!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2012, 06:41:48 AM »

TOD: I guess I am one of those who retreats from all just in order to get work done. When I was in the throes of getting the book done last fall, I had to check into a hotel room away from it all just to get work done on time.

I may have to do that in the near future with my college papers.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2012, 06:42:36 AM »

travel vibes for Bruce

Comfort and joy vibes for Elmore and Elmore's Neck. (That's the title of my next novel: Elmore's Neck.)
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2012, 06:56:41 AM »

Travel vibes for the esteemed MR BK.

Thanks to DR KEVIN and DR GEORGE for the pictures.

I think there needs to be a baby in an upcoming episode of Outside the Box.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2012, 06:59:21 AM »

TOD:

I just try to focus on the task at hand.  If I am at the theatre, I cannot do anything about what is happening at the store - and vice versa.

Two things I have learned......your life is like a chest of drawers.....if ALL of the drawers are open at once, it is chaos.  Only open the drawer you need at the moment.....and don't open the sock drawer if you are looking for underwear.  No more than ONE drawer should be open at any given time.

AND - we all have baggage.  You cannot pick up one more thing unless you set something down....if you are carrying baggage for someone else, put it down.  Only carry what belongs to you.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2012, 06:59:34 AM »

Please deposit $35 in my PayPal account.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2012, 07:10:02 AM »

I'm here at the airport now.  I was originally going to leave the hotel at nine-thirty, but folks told me it could take an hour to ninety minutes, so i got nervous and left at nine instead.  The ride to the airport, even with a bit of traffic on 34th Street, took thirty-three minutes.  Then I hunkered down for an hour-long journey through security.  Since when one purchases extra legroom you get to use a special faster line, I asked where it was.  I was told it wasn't because there WAS no line at all.  And there wasn't.  It took me all of seven minutes to get through security (and no scanner this time).  So, I've got a nice two-hour wait now, but I'm happy to be here safe and sound and keep sending excellent vibes and xylophones for a safe, secure, and on-time flight and that the very gray weather goes away or doesn't get worse before I leave.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2012, 07:14:03 AM »

I need to run down to Toyland, stop next door and see my accountant, and then head back uptown.  I haven't figured out why my taxes aren't ready yet.

Before I go, I'm having a bit of Chobani yogurt, which has replaced Dannon as my fave yogurt. Today's flavor: black cherry. I'm fond of the peach and the pomegranate as well.

and I am off.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2012, 07:15:34 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Excellent Super Mega Vibes and Xylophones for BK's travel! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2012, 07:16:51 AM »

And now I am off to the subway. Nothing is on the stove and the burners are off!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2012, 07:19:41 AM »

TOD:

When in trouble or in doubt:
Run in circles.
Scream and shout!

::)
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2012, 07:20:35 AM »

Actually, when I am under "stress," I tend to closet myself, so that I can work things out.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2012, 07:21:01 AM »

Safe trip BK.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2012, 07:24:13 AM »

It is a Winter Wonderland in Lake Oswego, Oregon.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Laura

« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2012, 07:39:32 AM »

Good morning. Today I have something on my cell phone calendar that I have no clue about. I have "exec meeting" at 3:30 -- I have checked with them because the time, day, and location are not the usual thing. I checked with the other board that I am on, and they are not meeting today either. SO I guess I will have to wait until 3:45 to see who calls to ask why I am late.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ginny

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2012, 07:47:27 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  It's a beautiful day here in flyover country and I just may take my first outside walk of 2012.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2012, 07:47:51 AM »

Travel vibes for BK - wave when you fly over Ohio!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2012, 08:00:23 AM »

Greetings from Toyland!

I will send several emails , try to see my accountant (Oy!) and then head back uptown.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2012, 08:17:49 AM »

I have seen my accountant - all is good - and I think I am about ready to head home. I know there's something I need to pick up at the Duane Reade pharmacy around the corner from Toyland, but i cannot think of it! My first guess is heavy meds, but I don't think that's it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2012, 08:18:40 AM »

Subway vibes for DR ELMORE.

Continued travel vibes for MR BK.  Wave as you fly over Indiana.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2012, 08:26:44 AM »

My late, wonderful and very bright grandmother once told me:  "Nothing on this earth is worth worrying over if it's going to affect your health."

I've lived by that guidance. 

Yes, I will, on occasion, awaken in the middle of the night and have a mild panic attack about things I haven't done and should have done.  I do my best to calm myself, set my mind on other things and then go back to bed.  It always works out.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2012, 08:30:17 AM »

TOD:

I just try to focus on the task at hand.  If I am at the theatre, I cannot do anything about what is happening at the store - and vice versa.

Two things I have learned......your life is like a chest of drawers.....if ALL of the drawers are open at once, it is chaos.  Only open the drawer you need at the moment.....and don't open the sock drawer if you are looking for underwear.  No more than ONE drawer should be open at any given time.

AND - we all have baggage.  You cannot pick up one more thing unless you set something down....if you are carrying baggage for someone else, put it down.  Only carry what belongs to you.

I agree with all this "free" advice!  :D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

John G.

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2012, 08:31:20 AM »

My late, wonderful and very bright grandmother once told me:  "Nothing on this earth is worth worrying over if it's going to affect your health."

Wise woman, your grandmother.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2012, 08:57:28 AM »

I have boarded the plane. Sitting one row in front of me and across the aisle is an orchestrator I've worked with many times, Steve Orich

MBarnum

« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2012, 09:10:10 AM »

DR Cillaliz, yes the Border Patrol agents are my least favorites....very egotistical, even though they did do a nice gesture for the Alabama guys on the last episode.

MBarnum

« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2012, 09:18:27 AM »

I am now caught up with season 2 of THE WALKING DEAD. I was unable to watch the first 8 episodes but did read the recaps on-line, which was fine. ON DEMAND had episodes 9 through 12, which I watched last night and I believe the final episode of season 2 airs this Sunday.

Much of this season reminded me of the movie PANIC IN YEAR ZERO, but with flesh eating zombies*

And the two male leads do tend to overact a bit this season, which I found a bit annoying. Of course it looks like most of the cast**is going to get eaten in the final episode, so that annoyance may be only temporary.

* I have noticed that the zombies are always played by 20-something extras....surely, there must be child zombies and elderly zombies, also.

** in this show being a main character is no guarantee that you won't be unexpectantly killed off in any given episode.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2012, 09:20:04 AM »

The southern team on TAR is from Kentucky not from Alabama.

Ginny

« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2012, 09:49:32 AM »

*gasp*

Just returned from my first outside walk of 2012.  It's almost 80o outside and our neighborhood is hilly.  15 minutes outside is a lot harder than 30 in the basement!

Ben

« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2012, 10:00:38 AM »

It's 61 degrees here and goes back and forth between sunny and cloudy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up