Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SPRING AWAKENING OR WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE RIDEOUT?  (Read 12505 times)

Laura

Re: SPRING AWAKENING OR WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE RIDEOUT?
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2012, 07:59:04 AM »

Good morning. And good vibes to Danise at work today. And to Elmore for his doctor's appointment.

And to all of us!

Ginny

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2012, 07:59:52 AM »

Last night I went to a neighbor's house to discuss Major Pettigrew's Last Stand, which was a big hit with all of us.  We decided we'd cast Geoffrey Rush as the Major in a movie version.

Got home just in time for the UC/OSU basketball game, from which the Bearcats will NOT advance.  I hate to admit it, but Ohio State is a very good team.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2012, 08:02:16 AM »

I bet Sissy reading TKAM would be wonderful.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2012, 08:02:20 AM »

I have been remiss in congratulating DR Cillaliz on her court victory and offering job vibes to DR Danise!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2012, 08:02:42 AM »

Reviews are in for last night's midnight showing of HUNGER GAMES:

Betsy: 4.5
Zach:  3.5

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2012, 08:02:45 AM »

Also, clean-bill-of-health vibes for DR Elmore!

JMK

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2012, 08:04:07 AM »

I first listened to the OBC of SPRING AWAKENING on a car trip north to Tacoma, where I had been hired by THE SONDHEIM REVIEW to do a quick write up on a Tacoma Symphony Bernstein-Sondheim concert.  IIRC, I met Jed, Ann and Tom (but not George, I seem to think) at a sweet little downtown restaurant before the show.  George, were you there?  Maybe you were and I'm having Half-heimers.

Ginny

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2012, 08:04:20 AM »

My book group will be reading HUNGER GAMES for May.  And something called AMERICAN RUST for June.

JMK

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2012, 08:04:54 AM »

I've never seen the show, but I deeply love a lot of the music.  Duncan's pop albums are gorgeous.  I perform some of his songs regularly at my gigs.

JMK

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2012, 08:05:27 AM »

Fox was up in arms with their "Culture Warriors" yesterday about HUNGER GAMES.  Oy and vey.

Laura

« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2012, 08:08:16 AM »

I gave away my tickets to Spring Awakening. I think I made Kerry go.

Ginny

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2012, 08:17:51 AM »

Maybe y'all can help me with some detective work.  The car in which I rode to Columbus and back Wednesday had SiriusXM satellite radio and we listened to the Broadway channel the whole trip.  On the trip home, Seth Rudetsky was playing the whole cast album from an unfamiliar version of THE SOUND OF MUSIC.  We missed the intro and were home before it ended, so we didn't hear any of his commentary.  Maria was not Mary Martin, Julie Andrews, or Rebecca Luker, but she sounded almost child-like and had a very breathy voice.  The kids sounded very British and Suzy thought maybe it was an Australian cast.  Overall, it didn't sound to me like a very good production and I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas as to who the Maria might have been?

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2012, 08:30:39 AM »

Last night I went to a neighbor's house to discuss Major Pettigrew's Last Stand, which was a big hit with all of us.  We decided we'd cast Geoffrey Rush as the Major in a movie version.

Got home just in time for the UC/OSU basketball game, from which the Bearcats will NOT advance.  I hate to admit it, but Ohio State is a very good team.
Is this in any way related to that "Miss Pettigrew" movie with Frances MacDormand? Or is it just the coincidence of using the same name.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2012, 08:31:54 AM »

Maybe y'all can help me with some detective work.  The car in which I rode to Columbus and back Wednesday had SiriusXM satellite radio and we listened to the Broadway channel the whole trip.  On the trip home, Seth Rudetsky was playing the whole cast album from an unfamiliar version of THE SOUND OF MUSIC.  We missed the intro and were home before it ended, so we didn't hear any of his commentary.  Maria was not Mary Martin, Julie Andrews, or Rebecca Luker, but she sounded almost child-like and had a very breathy voice.  The kids sounded very British and Suzy thought maybe it was an Australian cast.  Overall, it didn't sound to me like a very good production and I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas as to who the Maria might have been?
It wasn't the Petula Clark recording, was it?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2012, 08:32:55 AM »

Fox was up in arms with their "Culture Warriors" yesterday about HUNGER GAMES.  Oy and vey.
Of course. The movie denigrates the 1%. What else would you expect?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 08:57:28 AM by John G. »
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2012, 08:49:35 AM »

BK:  Seeing "Those Calloways"....is this the Disney film on DVD or a stage production?  If the latter, is it a musical?

LOVE the movie...it's gorgeous visually, and the Steiner score is wunnerful wunnerful!

Liz and Ann Hampton Callaway are Those. Callaways :)

Ginny

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2012, 08:50:17 AM »

DR John G, I've just listened to some clips of that recording on iTunes and I don't think that's the one.

Ginny

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2012, 08:52:21 AM »

Is this in any way related to that "Miss Pettigrew" movie with Frances MacDormand? Or is it just the coincidence of using the same name.

I think it just happens to be the same name.

JMK

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2012, 08:56:58 AM »

DR John G, I've just listened to some clips of that recording on iTunes and I don't think that's the one.

Ginny, there's an email link on the Sirius Page for Channel 72 (On Broadway), plus Seth has a Facebook page.  Just ask him.

Ginny

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2012, 08:58:15 AM »

Thanks, DR JMK, I just might try that.  I did look on the Sirius website for a playlist, but they don't seem to be archived.

Ben

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2012, 08:58:16 AM »

I'm not sure if it is, but you might have heard the recent London production which starred Connie Fisher. She won a television reality show in England and was chosen as the lead in the new production.

Ginny

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2012, 09:13:02 AM »

I'm not sure if it is, but you might have heard the recent London production which starred Connie Fisher. She won a television reality show in England and was chosen as the lead in the new production.

Clips on Amazon sound close, DR Ben.  I remember now we also thought she sounded like she had retainers in her mouth or something.  I've emailed Seth via his website - maybe he'll get back to me.

Ginny

« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2012, 09:22:18 AM »

Well, Seth emailed me right back and said his on-air shift had ended at 9pm, so he didn't know.  I've "Liked" the  Sirius Broadway channel on Facebook and posted my question on their wall.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2012, 09:44:44 AM »

Yesterday afternoon we decided to enjoy the glorious spring weather by taking the two new dogs to the beach and for a walk on the Boardwalk. The newbies had no problem getting in the car and enjoyed the ride. (As we exited the drive you could hear the howls of disappointment from the blondes  left behind.)

Both Moose and Zev enjoyed walking on the sand; Moose would have nothing to do with the surf, but Zev walked right up and stared at it - as each wave came in he backed up a few inches to keep his paws dry.

They both enjoyed meeting people and other dogs on the walk along the Boardwalk - Zev was the most surprising, he walked right up to strangers to meet them - the shyness seems to have disappeared. He met two bull terriers who got a bit snippy and Zev just backed up a foot and gave them a "How rude!" look - no return growls. Moose is still a lease tugger, but Zev just trots along without tugging.

We took a break at a boardwalk bench

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

JMK

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2012, 10:08:51 AM »

I'm assuming Zev is Jewish.

FJL

« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2012, 10:12:04 AM »

Job vibes to Danise!

Laura

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2012, 10:13:24 AM »

Do you own the two new dogs, or are they fosters you are socializing for adoption?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 10:27:17 AM by Laura »

FJL

« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2012, 10:13:35 AM »

Ben or Doug or anyone who might know - Any news from London on the Susan Boyle musical?

DERBRUCER

« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2012, 10:26:29 AM »

TOD;
Living Room – Hugo BR
Woody’s Room: - Dr. Who – The Awakening $ Rango
In the mail:
Moneyball – BR
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy – BR
Once – DVD

Woody has decided to expand our 1538 Record (1322 Titles) DVD DataBase to list all of the extras; he’s finished the Box Sets, Animation, and Musicals and is up to “Day the Earth Stood Still-1951’ of the regular shelving. – 842 Disks so far.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2012, 10:31:51 AM »

I'm assuming Zev is Jewish.

He was named after Zefram Cochrane who invented the Warp Drive; I interchange Zev and Zef - easier on the lower lip.

der Brucer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up