Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: STUFFED TO THE GILLS  (Read 13253 times)

FJL

Re: STUFFED TO THE GILLS
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2012, 03:55:48 PM »

FURNACE VIBES FOR DR JMK!

Likewise from us

KevinH

« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2012, 03:56:54 PM »

Busy all day but nothing done.

Not busy all day and nothing done.

KevinH

« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2012, 03:57:51 PM »

Vibes for TCB

KevinH

« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2012, 04:00:20 PM »

Watching the Lucy-Desi 1 hour shows.  I must have seen them before but really don't remember some.   The Tallulah Bankhead episode is the best, I would say.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2012, 04:05:40 PM »

Watching the Lucy-Desi 1 hour shows.  I must have seen them before but really don't remember some.   The Tallulah Bankhead episode is the best, I would say.

My all-time favorite!  "When Miss Bankhead is bored, Miss Bankhead will let you know."
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2012, 04:06:31 PM »

Zach is 13.  I didn't go to the midnight showing (Betsy did), but her take was there were actually more girls than boys there.

I'm sure in general there would be way more girls. But i was just curious if his group of friends (that didn't like the movie) were mostly boys.

I wonder if the teen girls will go crazy over this like they have over Twilight.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2012, 04:15:32 PM »

It has turned out to be a nice day except for the wind.  I still needed to bundle up some for a morning hike.  As we left the trails & were walking the path to the parking lot I was just about blown over.

We took Sherlock to the pet store & to Best Buy with us.  He enjoys going into store & shopping with us, might be all the attention he receives. ;)

There was a little dog in a shopping cart yapping away at Sherlock.  Finally they went to a different section.  I don't know why they didn't just turn the cart around so the dog couldn't see Sherlock anymore.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2012, 04:18:02 PM »

Some dogs just can't behave in public, Jane. Took me a few years to learn.  ;)
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2012, 04:49:38 PM »

As mentioned, books will be here Monday afternoon and probably ship Tuesday morning.  For those who've been waiting for the e book version, the Kindle is available now at amazon (and remember, you can download for free a Kindle app if you don't have Kindle) - it's only 3.99 right now, so check it out.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007NYFIVW

I'm trying to figure out if I can really download a Kindle app to my Nook Color.  I'll double check with DR TD about this.  I noticed he has all of your other books on his Nook, but then they are available through Barnes & Noble.

Jane

« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2012, 04:50:12 PM »

Some dogs just can't behave in public, Jane. Took me a few years to learn.  ;)

;D

They can't all be as good as Sherlock. :)

Ben

« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2012, 05:05:56 PM »

I'm surprised the book isn't available at Barnes and Noble. It's usually the Sony store that doesn't have an e-book version.

Jane

« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2012, 05:06:54 PM »

Bruce can you explain why B & N or Google Books doesn't have it?

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2012, 05:25:31 PM »

Camp doesn't begin to explain this bizarre Ann Miller number in which she mixes the tap dance and the frug in some sort of groovylicious number that has her being stripped by camp boys in spider tuxes. And the orchestrations just keep getting weirder as the number goes along.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CpMoT9T3m48

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2012, 05:35:46 PM »

That was great, John. Who was in the green dress at the end?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2012, 05:36:16 PM »

Beautiful photo, John!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jennifer

« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2012, 05:43:46 PM »

I'm surprised the book isn't available at Barnes and Noble. It's usually the Sony store that doesn't have an e-book version.

I am also surprised.

Jennifer

« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2012, 05:44:08 PM »

Brrrr it was cold here today.

Jennifer

« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2012, 05:44:32 PM »

Summer is over and we are back to Winter/Spring. I wonder if i'll be able to read bike this week.

Jennifer

« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2012, 05:45:24 PM »

Trying to decide if i should read or watch some things on my PVR.

KevinH

« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2012, 05:46:23 PM »

Page 3?

Jennifer

« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2012, 05:51:17 PM »

I just finished a book where i had an interesting problem.

I loved the book. It was really good and interesting.

BUT there was a reveal near the end that was a big reveal.  But it was completely predictable right from the beginning. And the fact that it hadn't been revealed, yet was so obvious to me BUGGED THE HECK OUT OF ME FOR THE ENTIRE book. So i only gave it 4/5. If i had not known the reveal i would have given it 5/5.

Now i have no idea what % of people could predict the reveal. I am so curious about this. I did read some reviews that said they also knew the reveal. But did the rest not?

I know sometimes in books things shock us. And sometimes we think various scenarios could happen but we are not sure.  But I was 99% positive that this thing would occur. And it made me enjoy the book less wondering if the author thought people could not figure it out.

I just wish so much that the author had not mentioned something twice in the beginning. Because when it was only mentioned once i really did not put everything together.

Jennifer

« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2012, 05:51:54 PM »

Page 3?

I thought I would post a bit and see if i could at least move us to page 4.

KevinH

« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2012, 05:54:13 PM »

That was great, John. Who was in the green dress at the end?

Kate Smith?

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2012, 05:55:17 PM »

I just posted my review for the book above on goodreads. I sort of mentioned that some things were predictable and that it made me enjoy the book less. But i did not want to go into the rant like i did above. Because i know some people read reviews before reading the book. I knew if i said that the end reveal was obvious that then people would be more aware. And they'd probably surely be able to see the reveal coming.

That is also why i didn't name the book here. Although i don't know that too many here read popular recent YA books.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 05:56:56 PM by Jennifer »

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2012, 05:56:09 PM »

What was the book, Jennifer?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

KevinH

« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2012, 05:59:36 PM »

Speaking of Ann Miller, remember this classic commercial?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIfXlmioWrs&feature=related

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2012, 06:00:03 PM »

Yes, it looks like Kate Smith to me--looks like an old HOLLYWOOD PALACE from those footlights and the thrust on the stage.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jennifer

« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2012, 06:01:07 PM »

What was the book, Jennifer?

I'll leave some space in case anyone doesn't want to know the title. Since i hate book spoilers.

jlj onw ton oi io oi io iofoid on oioi only the only onne tow wo tow oi o  three the only one oi oiu oiu ljwejklrejklrljk
soououoauvknkaljuiofdsiuofdsajkdfjfoidu jk jkl jkl kjl fdsuifodufopdufdjflejroeurj jl the only oijo iu one who one 12 aloiuiof on
It is actually a very interesting book (maybe your wife would enjoy it). It's called Cinder. It's a retelling of the Cinderella story but in a dystopian setting. IT's the future and Cinder is a mechanic and cyborg. It got really good reviews from YA book bloggers. And i absolutely loved it except for my one problem. The next book is going to focus part on Cinderella and part on Little Red Riding Hood.
uio  the onl on oioi only the only onne tow wo tow oi o  three the only one oi oiu oiu ljwejklrejklrljk soouo uoauv knkal juiofdsiuofdsajkdfjfoidu jk jkl jkl one oiiou  only now that ki i doidiodiou oui iou oui oiu oiu oiu oiu oiu oui one two

Jane

« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2012, 06:04:20 PM »

I just finished a book where i had an interesting problem.

I loved the book. It was really good and interesting.

BUT there was a reveal near the end that was a big reveal.  But it was completely predictable right from the beginning. And the fact that it hadn't been revealed, yet was so obvious to me BUGGED THE HECK OUT OF ME FOR THE ENTIRE book. So i only gave it 4/5. If i had not known the reveal i would have given it 5/5.

Now i have no idea what % of people could predict the reveal. I am so curious about this. I did read some reviews that said they also knew the reveal. But did the rest not?

I know sometimes in books things shock us. And sometimes we think various scenarios could happen but we are not sure.  But I was 99% positive that this thing would occur. And it made me enjoy the book less wondering if the author thought people could not figure it out.

I just wish so much that the author had not mentioned something twice in the beginning. Because when it was only mentioned once i really did not put everything together.

You still gave it a good rating in spite of the annoyance.  For me it isn't so much rather I figure it out or not, more rather if I think the "reveal" is stupid or not.

Jane

« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2012, 06:05:38 PM »

I just posted my review for the book above on goodreads. I sort of mentioned that some things were predictable and that it made me enjoy the book less. But i did not want to go into the rant like i did above. Because i know some people read reviews before reading the book. I knew if i said that the end reveal was obvious that then people would be more aware. And they'd probably surely be able to see the reveal coming.

That is also why i didn't name the book here. Although i don't know that too many here read popular recent YA books.

You could have put in a spoiler "don't read any farther unless you have read the book"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up