Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: POWER  (Read 13461 times)

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
Re: POWER
« Reply #120 on: March 26, 2012, 04:31:50 PM »

I just got back from taking my wife to the emergency room where she got 3 stitches in her finger.

That's what she gets for chasing me around the house with a carving knife.

;)

She hasn't been having a good time lately.  How is her back?

Better than it was.

Thanks for asking.
You can dream…or you can do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #121 on: March 26, 2012, 04:34:52 PM »

Glad you a feeling better DR MBARNUM.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #122 on: March 26, 2012, 04:35:49 PM »

I am reading SHADOW OF THE TITANIC.

I did not realize that Madelaine Astor had such a hard life after returning to New York.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

MBarnum

« Reply #123 on: March 26, 2012, 04:36:40 PM »

DR Danise,

I don't recall how many times an hour they said that I stopped breathing, but now it is down to an average of 3 times an hour with the air mask on (my machine records the info while I sleep).

Most nights the mask doesn't bother me, but once in awhile I do find it annoying...mainly when I am trying to sleep on my side and the mask sort of goes askew and leaks air.

It is fortunate that I am OK with staying single, because I am pretty sure my nights of romance are over now that I look like this when I sleep:

MBarnum

« Reply #124 on: March 26, 2012, 04:38:23 PM »

Thanks DR JRand.

If my memory is correct, former DR Jason has to wear a sleep apnea mask, also.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2012, 04:54:03 PM »

DR Danise,

I don't recall how many times an hour they said that I stopped breathing, but now it is down to an average of 3 times an hour with the air mask on (my machine records the info while I sleep).

Most nights the mask doesn't bother me, but once in awhile I do find it annoying...mainly when I am trying to sleep on my side and the mask sort of goes askew and leaks air.

It is fortunate that I am OK with staying single, because I am pretty sure my nights of romance are over now that I look like this when I sleep:

Nonsense, just search Craigs List for M4MWWLFM

(Male for Male with weird looking face mask)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jennifer

« Reply #126 on: March 26, 2012, 04:57:46 PM »

I'm finding a good number of eBooks that I've downloaded are religious, very Christian/G_d in your face religious.  I expected the reviews to warn me & they didn't.  I've read many books that deal with religion & enjoy them, it is when I feel the book is about converting me that I don't appreciate it.

Ebooks are a different case for me. Since many of the ones available daily are not by well known authors (or authors i've read) i need to see people's opinions before i buy it.

Jennifer

« Reply #127 on: March 26, 2012, 05:00:04 PM »

I am curious for those who read a lot do you keep track of how many books you have read so far this year? I've read 32.Although that is way less than most people i know wo read alot.  Also it does not include kids books (I read a lot to my nieces). Although if it is a kids chapter book that is 60-130pages then I do include it (Goodreads keeps track of all the books for me). It does include novellas and a couple of shorter stories. But does not include alot of ebooks tha i have on my kindle- like cooking books/joke books/kids ebooks...
  I don't keep track at all.  I just read one book until I'm done and then pick up the next.  I'm reading Twilight right now.  I saw it at the Goodwill for a buck and thought, what the heck.  I was just wondering if the smaller book is the same as the larger size.  I mean is the smaller book like the movie script (seems to be) or was there more to the story in the large size.  Does what i just typed make any sense?

Is it the paperback? Is it the movie cover?

I am guessing it would have to be the same as the regular book 1 in the series (there are 4 books).

Vibes for Thelma.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  It has the movie cover but it's a smaller paperback.  Not like the one with the apple in the hand.

Is it this book?

http://www.amazon.com/Twilight-The-Saga-Book/dp/0316038377/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1332806194&sr=1-1

Unless it's the movie companion or the illustrated movie guide it should be the regular first book.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #128 on: March 26, 2012, 05:02:16 PM »

Here's something...I bought a pocket watch from Amazon and it just arrived a few minutes ago!  HERE is a link to the listing and here's a not-so-large picture:
  I like the watch DR George.  Much nicer then the old type that had the hunter and deer or some such.  My Dad's was like that and I hated it because I don't like hunting.  I never understood why he liked it either because he didn't hunt.

Thanks, Danise!  My first pocket watch was silver-toned and had a stag (but no hunter) on the front in gold-tone.  It was quite nice, but I didn't take very good care of it (I was still in high school or even middle school at the time). ::)

I don't know what happened to it, either. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #129 on: March 26, 2012, 05:02:16 PM »

Time for Dancing With The Stars!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #130 on: March 26, 2012, 05:02:52 PM »

DR Danise,

And you know this bit of information...HOW??

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #131 on: March 26, 2012, 05:21:54 PM »

(constantly getting lost, for instance.)

Are you saying you don't get lost anymore?  If so I should get tested to see if I can be cured as well.

Jane

« Reply #132 on: March 26, 2012, 05:26:39 PM »

My doctor had put me on a treatment over a year ago which we hoped would make me feel more energetic, and as it was not making any difference in how I felt, I finally decided to go in for a sleep test....really glad that I did. Sleep Apnea causes a lot of medical problems, including diabetes, heart attack, stroke, and dying in your sleep.

The depression has disappeared and the anxiety has lessened considerably. I don't take my 2 to 3 hour naps during the weekend any more and I actually feel like going out to the gym! My concentration is also much, much better. I image over the next few months I will see even more improvements.

I'm glad it has made a big difference for you & you are doing much better.  I hope you continue to improve.

The doctor suggested Keith watch me because of other symptoms.  I never mentioned the gasping.

Jane

« Reply #133 on: March 26, 2012, 05:27:24 PM »

I just got back from taking my wife to the emergency room where she got 3 stitches in her finger.

;)

Better than it was.

Thanks for asking.

CONTINUED HEALING VIBES!!!

Jane

« Reply #134 on: March 26, 2012, 05:28:45 PM »

Thanks DR JRand.

If my memory is correct, former DR Jason has to wear a sleep apnea mask, also.

Yes, and it too made a big difference for him.  I wonder if he took it to Japan with him.

Jane

« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2012, 05:30:25 PM »

DR Danise,

;D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2012, 05:30:52 PM »

DR Danise, when you mention sleeping with a mask, is that a CPAP mask for Sleep Apnea?

While I was away from HHW for those few months I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and I have been using a CPAP machine nightly since mid December.

I now look like something from ALIEN when I retire to bed.

No, Mikey, you look nothing like Sigourney Weaver when you sleep!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2012, 05:31:15 PM »

How does a person who reads half the night do a sleep clinic ;)

Jane

« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2012, 05:40:13 PM »

Speaking of reading, I just finished the book I began last night.  It was only 170 pages and I sped read through the last half of the book.  I skipped all the LONG conversations with G-d & the repetitious angst.  This would have made a very good short story.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2012, 05:49:30 PM »

I hope Danise will drop in here tonight.  I got the phone in the mail today.  It was here when I cam home from the cardiologist's office.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2012, 05:52:21 PM »

Good. :)

Did the cardiologist say anything of interest?

Ginny

« Reply #141 on: March 26, 2012, 06:03:31 PM »

I hope Danise will drop in here tonight.  I got the phone in the mail today.  It was here when I cam home from the cardiologist's office.

Oh, good!  I'd held off mailing the stylus until the phone arrived.  First thing tomorrow morning!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Michael

« Reply #142 on: March 26, 2012, 06:24:38 PM »

Tried again to listen to the radio show and this time it worked.
Never stop dreaming.

Danise

« Reply #143 on: March 26, 2012, 06:41:47 PM »

DR Jane, I have no memories of gasping for air. Not everyone does.  That is why a lot of people have no clue that they have Sleep Apnea.

My doctor had mentioned a few times over that last couple of years that I ought to get tested for Sleep Apnea, but I paid little attention until I took the trip to Los Angeles and really noticed how utterly exhausted I felt the whole time and how confused I seemed to be much of the time while I was down there (constantly getting lost, for instance.)

Also, anxiety and depression was rearing its ugly head more and more over that last few years despite my taking meds for both, and despite having not had a problem with either since the mid 90s.

My doctor had put me on a treatment over a year ago which we hoped would make me feel more energetic, and as it was not making any difference in how I felt, I finally decided to go in for a sleep test....really glad that I did. Sleep Apnea causes a lot of medical problems, including diabetes, heart attack, stroke, and dying in your sleep.

The depression has disappeared and the anxiety has lessened considerably. I don't take my 2 to 3 hour naps during the weekend any more and I actually feel like going out to the gym! My concentration is also much, much better. I image over the next few months I will see even more improvements.
  I do the gasping if I sleep without the mask.  Odd because I'm awake enough to know what is  happening and that I NEED my mask but I can't wake up enough to put it on.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #144 on: March 26, 2012, 06:42:41 PM »

;)

Better than it was.

Thanks for asking.
  Vibes for DR Druxy's wife!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #145 on: March 26, 2012, 06:44:01 PM »

Sorry I had to step away for a moment with a phone call from Thelma.  She's waiting until to morrow for the results.  Thank you all for the vibes for her.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #146 on: March 26, 2012, 06:44:49 PM »

Good morning, all! I slept well, with a curious dream that I was in a hospital working as an anestheniologist, God knows where that came from!

Oh great, elmore, you are coming out here to be my anestheniologist.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Danise

« Reply #147 on: March 26, 2012, 06:45:47 PM »

DR Danise,

Roll over brother, why do you think I've said that my knight either rode over the hill, saw me and turned back or just got lost!  :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #148 on: March 26, 2012, 06:48:51 PM »

Here's something...I bought a pocket watch from Amazon and it just arrived a few minutes ago!  HERE is a link to the listing and here's a not-so-large picture:
  I like the watch DR George.  Much nicer then the old type that had the hunter and deer or some such.  My Dad's was like that and I hated it because I don't like hunting.  I never understood why he liked it either because he didn't hunt.

Thanks, Danise!  My first pocket watch was silver-toned and had a stag (but no hunter) on the front in gold-tone.  It was quite nice, but I didn't take very good care of it (I was still in high school or even middle school at the time). ::)

I don't know what happened to it, either. :-\
  I still have my Dad's in the jewelry  box.   Friday was the 34th anniversary of my Dad's passing.  He's been gone longer than I had time with him.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #149 on: March 26, 2012, 06:51:26 PM »

I'm so very glad the phone finely made it~   I had stopped at the UPS store where I sent it and they were able to tell me it was delivered today.  I sent you a message on Facebook to make sure you knew it was at your front door!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up