Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: POWER  (Read 13452 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: POWER
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2012, 03:34:37 PM »

Craig loves working as a teacher's aid at the elementary school & has decided to be a special education teacher.  Sometime this week he plans to decide which school/program he will attend.  He has excellent options to chose from.

Danise

« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2012, 03:43:02 PM »

Evening all.  Just got home a little while ago.  Had to go to the sleep dr.  It's time for my bi yearly "sleep over" so next Friday night I have to go to the center at nine in the evening.  Yawn.  I never can sleep good while I'm there.  They want me to try to sleep without the  mask but I'm so trained to wearing now that I can't sleep without it!  At least I didn't at the last test.  They had to give up and let me sleep with it.

I went to the UPS store and they were able to look up my shipment to Dear TCB.  Their records show that the package was delivered TODAY!  I'm hoping that he is charging the phone up as we speak but I did send it with a full charge.

Thelma had a fall and I'm hoping that she is ok.  She wouldn't hear about going to the doctor but I guess her pain got the best of her because I got a text at work that she was going.  The last I heard was that she had an appointment to have an X-ray done.  Vibes for my very dear friend, Thelma, would be very much appreciated.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2012, 03:44:03 PM »

Gloriously hot and sunny here in Prague. Recording sessions going well.

So glad that you got there safe and having good time!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2012, 03:46:39 PM »

I am curious for those who read a lot do you keep track of how many books you have read so far this year? I've read 32.Although that is way less than most people i know wo read alot.  Also it does not include kids books (I read a lot to my nieces). Although if it is a kids chapter book that is 60-130pages then I do include it (Goodreads keeps track of all the books for me). It does include novellas and a couple of shorter stories. But does not include alot of ebooks tha i have on my kindle- like cooking books/joke books/kids ebooks...
  I don't keep track at all.  I just read one book until I'm done and then pick up the next.  I'm reading Twilight right now.  I saw it at the Goodwill for a buck and thought, what the heck.  I was just wondering if the smaller book is the same as the larger size.  I mean is the smaller book like the movie script (seems to be) or was there more to the story in the large size.  Does what i just typed make any sense?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2012, 03:49:32 PM »

Here's something...I bought a pocket watch from Amazon and it just arrived a few minutes ago!  HERE is a link to the listing and here's a not-so-large picture:
  I like the watch DR George.  Much nicer then the old type that had the hunter and deer or some such.  My Dad's was like that and I hated it because I don't like hunting.  I never understood why he liked it either because he didn't hunt.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2012, 03:50:35 PM »

Vibes for Thelma!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2012, 03:50:55 PM »

I am off to a bored board meeting - bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Danise

« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2012, 03:51:38 PM »

Furnace repair is scheduled and I will not be charged.
  Hoo and Ray!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jennifer

« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2012, 03:53:18 PM »

I am curious for those who read a lot do you keep track of how many books you have read so far this year? I've read 32.Although that is way less than most people i know wo read alot.  Also it does not include kids books (I read a lot to my nieces). Although if it is a kids chapter book that is 60-130pages then I do include it (Goodreads keeps track of all the books for me). It does include novellas and a couple of shorter stories. But does not include alot of ebooks tha i have on my kindle- like cooking books/joke books/kids ebooks...

I don't keep track of the number of books that I read.  At our library, we have a kids summer reading program and an adult winter reading program where participants need to keep track of what they read, but I personally don't do that.

I've never done it before last year when i joined Goodreads. I love that site. IT lets you put in all the books you've read, and all the books you want to read. And then you enter the books as you read them. And you review them. It keeps track of everything.

Jennifer

« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2012, 03:54:50 PM »

DR Jennifer - Wow, I find 32 books in 3 months pretty impressive!  My goal for this year is 52, which is a book a week and I'm already a couple of weeks behind.  I keep a list in the "Books" section of my "planner," which is now more of a memo notebook because I'm using the calendar on my iPhone.  I've experimented with some web-based tools, but the list seems to work best for me.  One website I do depend on is FictFact, because it lets you keep track of your favorite series and what you've read.

Most of the book people i know are already at 50+ books.  I have 75 books as my record. I am trying though to read 2 books a week.

Jane

« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2012, 03:55:27 PM »

DR Danise,

VIBES FOR YOUR DEAR FRIEND THELMA!!!

MBarnum

« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2012, 03:56:00 PM »

DR Danise, when you mention sleeping with a mask, is that a CPAP mask for Sleep Apnea?

While I was away from HHW for those few months I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and I have been using a CPAP machine nightly since mid December.

I now look like something from ALIEN when I retire to bed.

I must say that I feel sooooo much better now, however. Not 100%, but much, much better.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2012, 03:56:09 PM »

Thelma had a fall and I'm hoping that she is ok.  She wouldn't hear about going to the doctor but I guess her pain got the best of her because I got a text at work that she was going.  The last I heard was that she had an appointment to have an X-ray done.  Vibes for my very dear friend, Thelma, would be very much appreciated.

~~~Vibes for DR Danise's DF Thelma!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2012, 03:56:15 PM »

I've never kept track of the number of books I've read.  I'm guessing I average 2 books a week or more which would be about the same number of books as DR Jennifer or less. 

Maybe I'll count for the next couple of weeks.  Last night I finished one book and began another one which means I've read half a book so far. ;)

Oh i thought you kept track on goodreads. You don't enter the books as you read them? If it wasn't for that site i would never keep track. This is my second year keeping track and i find it so neat.  It really helps me keep track of what i want to read too.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #104 on: March 26, 2012, 03:57:21 PM »

I went to the UPS store and they were able to look up my shipment to Dear TCB.  Their records show that the package was delivered TODAY!  I'm hoping that he is charging the phone up as we speak but I did send it with a full charge.

Speaking of deliveries Danise, I sent you several copies of the ANDERSON episode on Friday.  You should get them very soon!  Enjoy!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #105 on: March 26, 2012, 03:58:02 PM »

DR Jennifer - Wow, I find 32 books in 3 months pretty impressive!  My goal for this year is 52, which is a book a week and I'm already a couple of weeks behind.  I keep a list in the "Books" section of my "planner," which is now more of a memo notebook because I'm using the calendar on my iPhone.  I've experimented with some web-based tools, but the list seems to work best for me.  One website I do depend on is FictFact, because it lets you keep track of your favorite series and what you've read.

Most of the book people i know are already at 50+ books.  I have 75 books as my record. I am trying though to read 2 books a week.

I spend too much time here to read that many anymore ;)

Jane

« Reply #106 on: March 26, 2012, 03:58:44 PM »

I've never kept track of the number of books I've read.  I'm guessing I average 2 books a week or more which would be about the same number of books as DR Jennifer or less. 

Maybe I'll count for the next couple of weeks.  Last night I finished one book and began another one which means I've read half a book so far. ;)

Oh i thought you kept track on goodreads. You don't enter the books as you read them? If it wasn't for that site i would never keep track. This is my second year keeping track and i find it so neat.  It really helps me keep track of what i want to read too.

I probably should have but I don't.  I use it mostly to read reviews others have written.

Jennifer

« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2012, 03:59:09 PM »

I don't keep track at all.  I just read one book until I'm done and then pick up the next.  I'm reading Twilight right now.  I saw it at the Goodwill for a buck and thought, what the heck.  I was just wondering if the smaller book is the same as the larger size.  I mean is the smaller book like the movie script (seems to be) or was there more to the story in the large size.  Does what i just typed make any sense?

Is it the paperback? Is it the movie cover?

I am guessing it would have to be the same as the regular book 1 in the series (there are 4 books).

Vibes for Thelma.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MBarnum

« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2012, 03:59:37 PM »

TOD: Spy films

I love Jean Dujardin's two OSS 117 films as well as some of Ken Clark's 1960s Italian spy films.

AANKEN is a very good 1960s Bollywood spy film as is JAAL SAAZ starring Dara Singh and Bambi.

Jennifer

« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2012, 04:00:06 PM »

I probably should have but I don't.  I use it mostly to read reviews others have written.

I also like to see reviews others have written for the books i read. But only after i finish the book.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2012, 04:01:44 PM »

The news on CBS at 6:30 has a segment on James Cameron's trip to the Titanic wreckage.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2012, 04:04:21 PM »

DR Danise, when you mention sleeping with a mask, is that a CPAP mask for Sleep Apnea?

While I was away from HHW for those few months I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and I have been using a CPAP machine nightly since mid December.

I must say that I feel sooooo much better now, however. Not 100%, but much, much better.
  I had to laugh when I read your post DR MBarnum because I too have thought that if someone broke into the house and I sat up in bed I might scared them to death.  You have to remember that I also have to use my bit (mouth guard) because I grind my teeth as well.

Man, I am just a medical mess am I not?  Diabetes, high BP, Sleep apnea, arthritis, kidney stones, divertiulatius (spelling), teeth grinding,, gout in my hands and I could go on and on.  I'm a doctors dream for all the money they make off of me.

Like you, it's not 100% but I could never go back to the way it was before.

Are you a 50/50?  Mine is one the worst because the doctor said out of every hour, I breath 30 minutes and don't breath 30 minutes.  Not at the same time--it's l like breath a minute stop breathing for minute but it adds up.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2012, 04:05:32 PM »

I'm finding a good number of eBooks that I've downloaded are religious, very Christian/G_d in your face religious.  I expected the reviews to warn me & they didn't.  I've read many books that deal with religion & enjoy them, it is when I feel the book is about converting me that I don't appreciate it.

Danise

« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2012, 04:05:35 PM »

Speaking of deliveries Danise, I sent you several copies of the ANDERSON episode on Friday.  You should get them very soon!  Enjoy!
  Thank you so very much.  I have so many people who didn't see the show that want to and I didn't want to give my last copy out.  :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2012, 04:06:33 PM »

Is it the paperback? Is it the movie cover?

I am guessing it would have to be the same as the regular book 1 in the series (there are 4 books).

Vibes for Thelma.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  It has the movie cover but it's a smaller paperback.  Not like the one with the apple in the hand.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2012, 04:06:54 PM »

I also like to see reviews others have written for the books i read. But only after i finish the book.

I rarely read an entire review until after I finished the book.  I just try to get a general feel & rating before selecting a book.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2012, 04:13:33 PM »

I just got back from taking my wife to the emergency room where she got 3 stitches in her finger.

That's what she gets for chasing me around the house with a carving knife.

;)
You can dream…or you can do.

Jane

« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2012, 04:13:39 PM »

I'm glad it is working.  Keith insists, the doctor said for him to look for it, that I don't have sleep apnea.  I have wondered because I often wake up gasping for air, but only just as I'm falling asleep.  During the night I only do that as a result of a nightmare or from a fat cat sitting on my chest.  Since we don't have cats anymore I only have memories of waking up gasping for air & seeing two eyes staring at me.  While that sounds like a nightmare it was funny vs scary.

Jane

« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2012, 04:14:16 PM »

I just got back from taking my wife to the emergency room where she got 3 stitches in her finger.

That's what she gets for chasing me around the house with a carving knife.

;)

She hasn't been having a good time lately.  How is her back?

MBarnum

« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2012, 04:31:12 PM »

DR Jane, I have no memories of gasping for air. Not everyone does.  That is why a lot of people have no clue that they have Sleep Apnea.

My doctor had mentioned a few times over that last couple of years that I ought to get tested for Sleep Apnea, but I paid little attention until I took the trip to Los Angeles and really noticed how utterly exhausted I felt the whole time and how confused I seemed to be much of the time while I was down there (constantly getting lost, for instance.)

Also, anxiety and depression was rearing its ugly head more and more over that last few years despite my taking meds for both, and despite having not had a problem with either since the mid 90s.

My doctor had put me on a treatment over a year ago which we hoped would make me feel more energetic, and as it was not making any difference in how I felt, I finally decided to go in for a sleep test....really glad that I did. Sleep Apnea causes a lot of medical problems, including diabetes, heart attack, stroke, and dying in your sleep.

The depression has disappeared and the anxiety has lessened considerably. I don't take my 2 to 3 hour naps during the weekend any more and I actually feel like going out to the gym! My concentration is also much, much better. I image over the next few months I will see even more improvements.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up