News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: POWER  (Read 13281 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: POWER
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2012, 12:00:02 PM »

Very nice DR GEORGE.....do you have a fob?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2012, 12:01:03 PM »

Page Three Flowers From my Sister Dance.  ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2012, 12:02:53 PM »

Full notes are up and I hope are interesting, so give 'em a look.  Power is obviously back - it came on a little over three hours after it had gone down.

In my world three hours isn't too bad. ;)

Jane

« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2012, 12:04:25 PM »

We've been up since the pre-crack o' for Betsy's imminent departure for D.C.  She's trying to get into the Holocaust Museum tomorrow for her one "touristy" thing.
A touristy thing? Is this like my parents taking me to Flossenburg when I was a kid?

;D

Jane

« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2012, 12:05:13 PM »

Furnace repair is scheduled and I will not be charged.

:)

Jane

« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2012, 12:07:33 PM »

Here's something...I bought a pocket watch from Amazon and it just arrived a few minutes ago!  HERE is a link to the listing and here's a not-so-large picture:

NICE WATCH!!!

Jane

« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2012, 12:09:47 PM »

Monday afternoon greetings!  I've been up since 9am, but still in my robe and slippers because of a book - SARAH'S KEY.  The local campus library where I used to work is having a discussion of it Wednesday, so I started it on Saturday thinking, if I could finish it by then, I go.  Well, by this morning I was close enough to the end and engrossed enough that I just had to read until I was done.  Now I have a whole day - tomorrow - to think about and read some background.

I too was engrossed reading this book.  I was pleased with the movie adaptation.

Jane

« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2012, 12:10:25 PM »

Page Three Flowers From my Sister Dance.  ;D

:)

Ginny

« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2012, 12:14:12 PM »

Monday afternoon greetings!  I've been up since 9am, but still in my robe and slippers because of a book - SARAH'S KEY.  The local campus library where I used to work is having a discussion of it Wednesday, so I started it on Saturday thinking, if I could finish it by then, I go.  Well, by this morning I was close enough to the end and engrossed enough that I just had to read until I was done.  Now I have a whole day - tomorrow - to think about and read some background.

I too was engrossed reading this book.  I was pleased with the movie adaptation.

I'm thinking of suggesting it to my book group for our annual potluck dinner and movie night in August.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2012, 12:14:18 PM »

Monday afternoon greetings!  I've been up since 9am, but still in my robe and slippers because of a book - SARAH'S KEY.  The local campus library where I used to work is having a discussion of it Wednesday, so I started it on Saturday thinking, if I could finish it by then, I'd go.  Well, by this morning I was close enough to the end and engrossed enough that I just had to read until I was done.  Now I have a whole day - tomorrow - to think about and read some background.

I mentioned the film some time ago, Ginny, which I had to review.  I liked it a lot more than the somewhat similar THE DEBT.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2012, 12:25:39 PM »

I'm thinking of suggesting it to my book group for our annual potluck dinner and movie night in August.

I thought you might.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2012, 12:42:47 PM »

Very nice DR GEORGE.....do you have a fob?

It did come with a chain that's the same color as the watch.  It looks fairly substantial.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2012, 12:43:15 PM »

Here's something...I bought a pocket watch from Amazon and it just arrived a few minutes ago!  HERE is a link to the listing and here's a not-so-large picture:

NICE WATCH!!!

THANKS, JANE!

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2012, 12:59:57 PM »

I am curious for those who read a lot do you keep track of how many books you have read so far this year? I've read 32.Although that is way less than most people i know wo read alot.  Also it does not include kids books (I read a lot to my nieces). Although if it is a kids chapter book that is 60-130pages then I do include it (Goodreads keeps track of all the books for me). It does include novellas and a couple of shorter stories. But does not include alot of ebooks tha i have on my kindle- like cooking books/joke books/kids ebooks...

Jennifer

« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2012, 01:01:45 PM »

think that nap I took yesterday screwed up my regular sleep. I did not go to bed till after 1am.

Jennifer

« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2012, 01:03:32 PM »

It is so cold here now. Yuck. I still cannot believe how the weather could have been so hot last week and now it is something like low 30s.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 03:52:30 PM by Jennifer »

George

« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2012, 01:04:56 PM »

I am curious for those who read a lot do you keep track of how many books you have read so far this year? I've read 32.Although that is way less than most people i know wo read alot.  Also it does not include kids books (I read a lot to my nieces). Although if it is a kids chapter book that is 60-130pages then I do include it (Goodreads keeps track of all the books for me). It does include novellas and a couple of shorter stories. But does not include alot of ebooks tha i have on my kindle- like cooking books/joke books/kids ebooks...

I don't keep track of the number of books that I read.  At our library, we have a kids summer reading program and an adult winter reading program where participants need to keep track of what they read, but I personally don't do that.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2012, 01:23:53 PM »

We've been up since the pre-crack o' for Betsy's imminent departure for D.C.  She's trying to get into the Holocaust Museum tomorrow for her one "touristy" thing.
A touristy thing? Is this like my parents taking me to Flossenburg when I was a kid?

;D
I kid you not. There are slides somewhere of me with my cowlicks and wearing lederhosen, pointing to bullet holes in one of the walls.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2012, 01:38:50 PM »

Back from a sandwich and sweet potato fries.  Called the mail place - no sign of UPS yet, which means the helper will probably have to pick it all up - very, very annoying.

Doug R

« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2012, 01:51:59 PM »

Gloriously hot and sunny here in Prague. Recording sessions going well.

Ginny

« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2012, 02:09:23 PM »

DR Doug R - have a wonderful time in Prague!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2012, 02:14:20 PM »

DR Jennifer - Wow, I find 32 books in 3 months pretty impressive!  My goal for this year is 52, which is a book a week and I'm already a couple of weeks behind.  I keep a list in the "Books" section of my "planner," which is now more of a memo notebook because I'm using the calendar on my iPhone.  I've experimented with some web-based tools, but the list seems to work best for me.  One website I do depend on is FictFact, because it lets you keep track of your favorite series and what you've read.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2012, 02:21:48 PM »

I loved that city for the very short time I was there.

But whatever you do, don't go looking for the Infant of Prague.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2012, 02:29:06 PM »

I've never kept track of the number of books I've read.  I'm guessing I average 2 books a week or more which would be about the same number of books as DR Jennifer or less. 

Maybe I'll count for the next couple of weeks.  Last night I finished one book and began another one which means I've read half a book so far. ;)

Jane

« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2012, 02:36:09 PM »

;D
I kid you not. There are slides somewhere of me with my cowlicks and wearing lederhosen, pointing to bullet holes in one of the walls.

I would like to see one of those photos.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2012, 02:36:51 PM »

Great! :)
I love Prague.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2012, 02:45:32 PM »

No UPS yet - helper will definitely be picking everything up. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2012, 03:03:47 PM »

And still no UPS.  I think I actually told our MD three-thirty not three, so if UPS arrives in the next fifteen minutes I'll still be able to go get it - it's infuriating.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2012, 03:12:33 PM »

DR John G, I have not seen the Orson Welles broadcast of KING LEAR. It's my favorite Shakespeare and and hour and 15 minutes is too short for me.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2012, 03:29:51 PM »

Last night I went to bed with plans to check out flights to NY today.  This morning Craig said he will probably be moving in the Spring so I have decided to stay home.  I love you DR New Yorker's and Ginny, however, I want to spend as much time with Craig as possible before he leaves for the East Coast again.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up