« Reply #180 on: March 26, 2012, 07:37:12 PM »

VIBES  for TCB
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: POWER
« Reply #181 on: March 26, 2012, 08:15:19 PM »

DR Danise, when you mention sleeping with a mask, is that a CPAP mask for Sleep Apnea?

While I was away from HHW for those few months I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and I have been using a CPAP machine nightly since mid December.

I now look like something from ALIEN when I retire to bed.

I must say that I feel sooooo much better now, however. Not 100%, but much, much better.

I feel like I should be saying, "One of us! One of us!"

It's the most wonderful machine in the world. Better than a blender or a mixer.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #182 on: March 26, 2012, 08:17:00 PM »

Vixmom, re:  your post about ordaining gays, etc.  I had just been hired as Music Director by a large Episcopalian congregation here, with a wonderful liberal British Priest whom I adored, when the very next week Gene Robinson was ordained.  The next Sunday DURING SERVICES about 75% of the congregation stood up en masse and walked out, never to be seen again.  Unbelievable.

I am very sorry to hear this  - unfortunately IMHO, there are far too many people who claim to be followers of Christ who fail to actually understand his teachings  about loving your neighbor as yourself,  and who are instead fixated on a couple of verses in Levitticus - I wonder if these same people who are so concerned about men "knowing" other men are also as stringent about following the dietary laws, the clothing laws, the laws  affecting women,  particularly during certain times of the month , etc etc etc

here endeth my sermon for the day 
Well, I certainly never wear poly-cotton blends.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #183 on: March 26, 2012, 08:20:02 PM »

DR Danise,

I don't recall how many times an hour they said that I stopped breathing, but now it is down to an average of 3 times an hour with the air mask on (my machine records the info while I sleep).

Most nights the mask doesn't bother me, but once in awhile I do find it annoying...mainly when I am trying to sleep on my side and the mask sort of goes askew and leaks air.

It is fortunate that I am OK with staying single, because I am pretty sure my nights of romance are over now that I look like this when I sleep:

Your nights of romance aren't over. Just sleep during the day. Works for vampires.

I have a bipap machine because I was registering something like 119 occurrences of apnea per hour. Severe, in other words.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #184 on: March 26, 2012, 08:21:54 PM »

Watched SMASH, ate popcorn, going to bed - 'night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #185 on: March 26, 2012, 08:30:55 PM »

Finally rehearsal has ended.  Our MD who is new to us, like most first timers, didn't quite get the vibe so she was not as well prepared as others who do this regularly for us.  Also, this particular show isn't actually based on one of my albums, so there was quite a bit of arranging to be done - only two charts are from things I recorded, and I actually don't have either chart - I'll go to storage tomorrow to see about retrieving those.

Cillaliz

« Reply #186 on: March 26, 2012, 08:34:31 PM »

I watched SMASH too.  The story better get moving somewhere or they are going to lose me

MBarnum

« Reply #187 on: March 26, 2012, 08:44:49 PM »

TOD: Spy films

I love Jean Dujardin's two OSS 117 films as well as some of Ken Clark's 1960s Italian spy films.

AANKEN is a very good 1960s Bollywood spy film as is JAAL SAAZ starring Dara Singh and Bambi.

Bambi?

LOL!

This is the actress Bambi....she is adorable...but only made a few films. She is the one who comes out to sing a little nightclub ditty.

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPqUyh7DUuQ]

MBarnum

« Reply #188 on: March 26, 2012, 08:48:12 PM »

Speaking of Aliens, bipaps, and Bambi...I am off to bed! Nighty night!

Laura

« Reply #189 on: March 26, 2012, 09:22:38 PM »

"That's a lotta hamsters."

John G.

« Reply #190 on: March 26, 2012, 09:29:35 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #191 on: March 26, 2012, 09:45:07 PM »

For all of our Titanic lovers out there:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2WH8mHJnhM&feature=player_embedded#!

LOL!  On that sour note, I am going to sleep....night all

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #192 on: March 26, 2012, 10:40:33 PM »

Books did eventually arrive at four-thirty.  The helper gave the UPS a piece of her mind - he didn't care.  The photo problem was fixed and they look great.  I've sold so many more books on the site than ever before and may actually have to order another fifty immediately.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #193 on: March 26, 2012, 11:32:48 PM »

Here's something...I bought a pocket watch from Amazon and it just arrived a few minutes ago!  HERE is a link to the listing and here's a not-so-large picture:

purty!

Thanks.  I agree. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #194 on: March 26, 2012, 11:34:42 PM »

Obviously it was too late to do any shipping yesterday so all books will go out tomorrow morning.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up