Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE THREE STAGES  (Read 39875 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THE THREE STAGES
« Reply #120 on: April 10, 2012, 05:10:10 PM »

Page five!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #121 on: April 10, 2012, 05:11:45 PM »

end of rant

You might have some fun with countering that if they posed for the picture, it becomes "public domain".  You can post it if you want to.

They did pose for the photos!   I unfriended my sister, sister in law and a few other people (no one here).  I'm just not in the mood to put up with this
I'm glad you did that. I'm planning on getting rid of a few after I get through with taxes.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

KevinH

« Reply #122 on: April 10, 2012, 05:17:27 PM »

I finished "Record Produced By" during my travels!  I really enjoyed it!  And I hadn't realized that DR elmore would be such a big part of it!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #123 on: April 10, 2012, 05:23:37 PM »

Well, I must leave...it's early for me, I know.  Tonight, TAO is having our regular board meeting and I think that the play reading committee (of which I am a member) will be discussing play selections, a bit.  I have a play that I was supposed to read but haven't, yet.  So, I have some time now and will read it while I eat.  It's not too long.  It's also a local author, so that's pretty cool.  But the bulk of tonight's meeting will probably be the discussion of WHERE we're going to do our next show, Titus Andronicus.  We lost our space and hopefully someone was able to find another place to place our play. :)

Be back later.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: April 10, 2012, 05:26:12 PM »

I have to say, the Sondheim show really sounds good now - all that crazy nitpicking trying to take a horrid recording and make it palatable, well, it's much more than that now.  I guess my engineer and I did good :)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #125 on: April 10, 2012, 05:40:19 PM »

The ship re-tracing the maiden voyage of the Titanic has had to make a U-turn to shore so that a sick passenger can be taken off.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/10/travel/titanic-cruise-diverted/index.html?eref=igoogledmn_topstories
Wow, that story makes me glad I didn't spend my life savings to take the trip this year

Fear of rough seas is why I didn't take my dream vacation to New Zealand & Australia.

John G.

« Reply #126 on: April 10, 2012, 06:02:47 PM »

I have to say, the Sondheim show really sounds good now - all that crazy nitpicking trying to take a horrid recording and make it palatable, well, it's much more than that now.  I guess my engineer and I did good :)
And how long will we have to wait before we get to hear this beauty?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #127 on: April 10, 2012, 06:05:26 PM »

Boardwalk Empire first season just came in. First episode is quite enjoyable. Danny Burstein had a small scene. Love Kelly Macdonald.
― Voltaire

KevinH

« Reply #128 on: April 10, 2012, 06:06:13 PM »

I finished "Record Produced By" during my travels!  I really enjoyed it!  And I hadn't realized that DR elmore would be such a big part of it!

Of course I meant "Album Produced By!"

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #129 on: April 10, 2012, 06:07:41 PM »

Mugs went to anyone of the first thirty-five people who ordered from the US.  They would have been too expensive to send overseas, hence the magnets went to the overseas buyers.

:o Obviously I shouldn't have received a mug. Should I send mine back?

No, send it to me.  My wife wants one, too.

::)
You can dream…or you can do.

Ginny

« Reply #130 on: April 10, 2012, 06:10:06 PM »

DR John G, I just put the first Boardwalk Empire disc at the top of our Netflix queue.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Michael

« Reply #131 on: April 10, 2012, 07:58:33 PM »

BK

Are you going to record their future STAGE shows?
Never stop dreaming.

John G.

« Reply #132 on: April 10, 2012, 08:05:07 PM »

Made it to episode four of "Empire," but I'm fading. Night, all.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: April 10, 2012, 09:58:08 PM »

BK

I'll be recording this year's show.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: April 10, 2012, 09:58:45 PM »

Back from the reading - it's not really a musical but a play with songs.  Proofing the Bacharach master, which sounds great.

Jane

« Reply #135 on: April 10, 2012, 10:27:08 PM »

Sherlock doesn't feel well. We don't know why.  His temp is normal.  I doubt we will get much sleep tonight watching he doesn't get worse.  JMK will understand our extra concern to watch for symptoms of bloat, not that we have seen any yet.  Poor baby is very restless.  Keith is searching the internet looking for things related to restlessness.

Jane

« Reply #136 on: April 10, 2012, 11:33:52 PM »

I just finished reading Album Produced By............ 

I'm lying awake thinking about it. I enjoyed the "feel good" ending.

George

« Reply #137 on: April 10, 2012, 11:56:31 PM »

Great news! 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #138 on: April 10, 2012, 11:56:40 PM »

BK

I'll be recording this year's show.

Hoo and Ray!

George

« Reply #139 on: April 11, 2012, 12:01:09 AM »

Well, I must leave...it's early for me, I know.  Tonight, TAO is having our regular board meeting and I think that the play reading committee (of which I am a member) will be discussing play selections, a bit.  I have a play that I was supposed to read but haven't, yet.  So, I have some time now and will read it while I eat.  It's not too long.  It's also a local author, so that's pretty cool.  But the bulk of tonight's meeting will probably be the discussion of WHERE we're going to do our next show, Titus Andronicus.  We lost our space and hopefully someone was able to find another place to place our play. :)

Be back later.

Good news and not so good news...the good news is that we have a good possibility on a space!  A local theater group (Olympia Little Theatre; they're one of Washington state's longest running theater groups) might be able let us use their theater.  TAO has actually performed there in the past, so we have a history of using it.  We'll find out officially after their next board meeting. :D

George

« Reply #140 on: April 11, 2012, 12:01:22 AM »

The not so good news has to do with the play that I read this evening before the meeting...it's not so good.  And the subject just isn't what we do.  It's about a (fictional) woman and her life from age 16 to her 60s...from 1830s into the 1860s.  The dialogue was very stilted and the whole show just made me ask (in my best BK voice) what's the point??  It really didn't make any sense.  Oh, well.

George

« Reply #141 on: April 11, 2012, 12:01:35 AM »

One idea was brought up that everyone liked:  do a festival of one-acts.  I don't think anything like that has been done in the local theater community.  The guy who came up with the idea had done it at The Evergreen State College the last three years and he wants to continue with something like that now that he's graduated.  We'll see how that goes. 

George

« Reply #142 on: April 11, 2012, 12:01:41 AM »

So, it was a pretty good meeting, overall. :D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: April 11, 2012, 12:15:37 AM »

I just finished reading Album Produced By............ 

I'm lying awake thinking about it. I enjoyed the "feel good" ending.

Yay!  Now if we can just get you and KevinH and others to write a review on amazon or even Goodreads, that would be most wonderful and helpful.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up