Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELLO, DELI  (Read 20472 times)

Cillaliz

Re: HELLO, DELI
« Reply #300 on: April 26, 2012, 08:17:40 PM »

VIBES TO DR JOHN G'S SISTER~~~~~~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #301 on: April 26, 2012, 08:20:50 PM »

Tonight my neighbor across the street invited me in to see his house.  He's lived there for about 3 years now, lol.  Anyway, he has a lot of art by 3 of my friends.  I mean A LOT.  They had all told me they did work for him and asked if I've seen it, lol. I guess word got back to him that I told them I've never been in his house.   He has an incredible view from his deck.  Anyway, it was very nice of him to be neighborly.  He's a pretty private guy.  I told him I'd show him my house after I've cleaned

Cillaliz

« Reply #302 on: April 26, 2012, 08:22:18 PM »

He also said he knows a guy who does small carpentry jobs.  He's going to have him get in touch with me to take a look at my basement room that has never quite been finished and give me an estimate.  I'm excited about that

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #303 on: April 26, 2012, 08:49:03 PM »

Vibes for your sister, John.  I literally have never been the same since my bout with kidney stones a few years ago.  That's when this chronic back problem I have started.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #304 on: April 26, 2012, 09:31:38 PM »

Zucky's was on Wilshire near 5th or 6th.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #305 on: April 26, 2012, 09:33:45 PM »

Had an absolutely stellar Melody rehearsal - she was focused, joyful, and wonderful, and all notes had been perfectly addressed.  I had only four tiny thing - two songs needed better ending positions on the buttons - that we did easily - and I thought of two short, funny things to add at two different places - she loved them and they're now in.  One is a nod to Pogue - when Melody early in her patter says that she's just turned fourteen, I had her add - "Be afraid, be very afraid."  And she says it brilliantly.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #306 on: April 26, 2012, 09:34:16 PM »

Then we went out for pie - well, I had a chicken salad sandwich first, since I hadn't eaten since ten in the morning.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #307 on: April 26, 2012, 09:34:29 PM »

We haven't done eleven pages in quite some time.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #308 on: April 26, 2012, 10:16:16 PM »

And now, I'm leaving work.  But I MUST be home before it's too late.  I am wearing my last pair of clean underwear (TMI, I know ;)) so I NEED to do laundry tonight.  Shouldn't be problem.

Be back later.

Well, I just put in my second load of laundry and have finished tonight's episode of "Grey's Anatomy."
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #309 on: April 26, 2012, 10:16:36 PM »

Another really nice review on amazon for the new book - another from someone I don't know, which is always nice - it's at the top:

http://www.amazon.com/Album-Produced-By/product-reviews/1468560581/ref=cm_cr_dp_synop?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending#R2XGPM7BFX3R8W

Very nice!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #310 on: April 26, 2012, 10:19:25 PM »

First report is the inspection went very well.  We probably won't get the buyers' list of imperious demands until Saturday.

1. new roof
2. replace all windows
3 new boiler.hot water tank'
4 replace all floors - prefer mahogony will settle for old growth oak
5 re-tile all baths and replace all fixtures
6 put in new granite counter tops and  restaurant quality stainless steel fixtures in kitchen
7 reduce purchase price by 50%

8. Install  IMAX Theatre

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

George

« Reply #311 on: April 26, 2012, 10:20:12 PM »

Vibes needed for my sister, Linda. Like me, she is prone to kidney stones (she's passed hundreds over the years). She passed three around Easter. Now, she's facing surgery on Monday because she has two stones that are too large for her to pass, so they have to remove them. One, she says, is in the shape of a piece of candy corn.

I had the same procedure with one stone a few years ago and wouldn't want to repeat it.

~~~Kidney Stone Surgery Vibes for John G.'s Sister!!~~~

DERBRUCER

« Reply #312 on: April 26, 2012, 10:34:24 PM »

I live in Phoenix. I don't think we have any delis.

They don't have any here in Iowa either

Wanna bet?

Maccabee's Glatt Kosher Deli
1150 Polk Blvd, Des Moines, Iowa

USER RATING (1 SOURCES)
Overview The only kosher deli in town! - Highest quality glatt kosher - Meats, poultry & judaica

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #313 on: April 26, 2012, 10:55:50 PM »

Someone asked about the Carnegie in Beverly Hills.  NE corner of Beverly Dr. and probably Dayton Way,

ALL ABOUT THE CARNEGIE DELI

Seeking the solace of salami and the balm of brisket amid the aftershocks of the 1993 earthquake, a long line of people gathered outside Nate 'n Al's, the venerable show-biz delicatessen here. When some customers grew antsy at the wait, a counterman reminded them that they had a choice: they could always go down the block to the Carnegie Deli.

The Carnegie Deli. In New York, the sound of those words would have been like chicken soup to shattered nerves. But something was evidently lost in transit between Seventh Avenue and 54th Street, site of the flagship Carnegie, and the corner of North Beverly Drive and Dayton Way, its West Coast outpost. At Nate 'n Al's that morning, no one even budged.

Today, the Venetian blinds at the Carnegie Deli here are pulled shut, and the glass door is covered with the greasy white paper normally used to wrap sandwiches too thick to finish. After several lean years, it became increasingly clear that this Carnegie couldn't cut the mustard. Two and a half months ago, it quietly closed.

It was not as if Los Angeles had no delis. In addition to Nate 'n Al's, there is Langer's (famous for its pastrami, but in a dicey neighborhood); Art's in Studio City (where, as they say, "every sandwich is a work of Art"); the Stage in Century City (from which Mr. Davis once ordered half a pound of nova, a pint of cream cheese and six bagels daily for his "early-morning nosh"); Jerry's Famous Deli (said to have the best chicken soup, but also serving "Chinese" and "Mexican" food), and Canter's on Fairfax, a slightly down-at-the-heels place with a good bakery.

He brought in Mr. Trager, who ran the New York Carnegie for seven years and spent much of his childhood at Murray's Sturgeon Shop on the Upper West Side. But some things could not be so easily imported. Local health codes and the spacious, ritzy site kept Pat Kuleto, the noted San Francisco restaurant designer, from recreating the endearingly chaotic quality of the original Carnegie, as did the tendency of Californians to sit around forever.

"Everyone is looking for a power table in L.A.," Mr. Trager said. "You 'lunch' in L. A. In New York, you eat."

der Brucer

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up