Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LUSTY MONTH OF MAY  (Read 12665 times)

MBarnum

Re: THE LUSTY MONTH OF MAY
« Reply #150 on: May 01, 2012, 04:01:38 PM »

DR Ginny, I am certainly glad you were not gone with the wind!

MBarnum

« Reply #151 on: May 01, 2012, 04:03:57 PM »

Speaking of Gone with the Wind, back in the 80s I had a cassette tape of oldies which had some guy singing that song. I loved his version of it, but have no clue who it was singing and, thus, have not been able to procure a copy of it on CD.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #152 on: May 01, 2012, 04:11:45 PM »

Speaking of PETER & THE STARCATCHERS, its TONY-nommed director Roger Rees will be directing Skip's show HERRINGBONE at a downtown theatre called Dixon Place for two nights - May 21 and 22

Info and a pretty cool poster are at

http://www.dixonplace.org/html/Wong_May12.html

Congrats to Skip!  Fred, the concert is going to be recorded!  Do you know if it'll be an audio or video recording (or both)...and when will it be available for purchase?? :D

I have no idea, I've just been assuming audio only, but hmmmm.... interesting question.

Just wishful thinking on my part. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #153 on: May 01, 2012, 04:16:43 PM »

I have a question. What do you do if you find a bird's nest on top of a big round light next to a door? It is the oddest sight. Is there a way to check if there is anything in it (like eggs). Would turning the light on help/hinder?  If it was empty i would probably remove it (it can't stay where it is). But i am afraid to touch it.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: May 01, 2012, 04:25:47 PM »

I have a question. What do you do if you find a bird's nest on top of a big round light next to a door? It is the oddest sight. Is there a way to check if there is anything in it (like eggs). Would turning the light on help/hinder?  If it was empty i would probably remove it (it can't stay where it is). But i am afraid to touch it.

You ignore it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: May 01, 2012, 04:44:44 PM »

Picked up some packages, but one from overseas is VERY overdue now.  Hopefully tomorrow. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: May 01, 2012, 04:46:10 PM »

Had an appointment at the Genius Bar at Apple - I wanted to see the best way to get stuff from my laptop onto my desktop - it's so easy now it's ridiculous - thanks to something in the Lion operating system called Air Drop.  You just drag stuff there and it immediately shows up in Air Drop on the other computer - you drag it onto your desktop and voila.

KevinH

« Reply #157 on: May 01, 2012, 04:57:52 PM »

I'm happy that Jayne Houdyshell was nominated for Follies. I thought she was great!

KevinH

« Reply #158 on: May 01, 2012, 04:58:20 PM »

I'm rooting for Danny Burstein for Lead Actor in a Musical.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #159 on: May 01, 2012, 05:00:07 PM »

Can you get a ladder and look inside without disturbing it?

KevinH

« Reply #160 on: May 01, 2012, 05:00:27 PM »

Telephonic conversation done - I think we might do a Lieber and Stoller Kritzerland evening later in the year.

BK--are you still considering doing a show in NYC?

Jane

« Reply #161 on: May 01, 2012, 05:05:30 PM »

From the news story I'm reading:

HOLY CRAP THERE'S A GATOR LEAPING OUT OF THE WATER AND BITING ME!
(Not a direct quote.)

LOL I wonder what he really said. ;)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #162 on: May 01, 2012, 05:26:29 PM »

Ditto.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #163 on: May 01, 2012, 05:27:03 PM »

From the news story I'm reading:

HOLY CRAP THERE'S A GATOR LEAPING OUT OF THE WATER AND BITING ME!
(Not a direct quote.)

LOL I wonder what he really said. ;)
Reminds me of those parties I wrote about the other day.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #164 on: May 01, 2012, 05:28:01 PM »

I'm rooting for Danny Burstein for Lead Actor in a Musical.
Me, too.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #165 on: May 01, 2012, 05:29:02 PM »

Trying something new  tonight that I picked up at the farmers market: Duck eggs. The farmer said you used them the same as regular eggs only they were larger and had larger yolks. That they did. A frittata is baking in the oven now.
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #166 on: May 01, 2012, 05:33:50 PM »

It's not that high. If i put my glasses on and got a big chair or small ladder i could see in.

If there is nothing in there i am guessing it is alright to move it? But what do i do if there is something in there?  It is the strangest place i have ever seen a nest. But I really don't think i can leave it. The light needs to be turned on. And i'm scared something is gonna fly out of there when i open the door.

Ginny

« Reply #167 on: May 01, 2012, 05:41:08 PM »

Ditto.

Thanks, DRs MBarnum and JohnG!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #168 on: May 01, 2012, 05:55:30 PM »

Trying something new  tonight that I picked up at the farmers market: Duck eggs. The farmer said you used them the same as regular eggs only they were larger and had larger yolks. That they did. A frittata is baking in the oven now.

DS Bryan likes ducks eggs very much.  A few years back we were given some fresh from the ducks.  I think I should have done something besides scramble them.  I didn't request more eggs.

Jane

« Reply #169 on: May 01, 2012, 05:57:35 PM »

It's not that high. If i put my glasses on and got a big chair or small ladder i could see in.

If there is nothing in there i am guessing it is alright to move it? But what do i do if there is something in there?  It is the strangest place i have ever seen a nest. But I really don't think i can leave it. The light needs to be turned on. And i'm scared something is gonna fly out of there when i open the door.

If eggs are in there I would leave them and watch for the mother/parents and use a flashlight instead of the porch light.  I've had birds nest that close to the door and it is worrisome. 

VIBES THE NEST IS EGG FREE!!!

Jane

« Reply #170 on: May 01, 2012, 05:58:53 PM »

DR Jennifer the sooner you check the less chance there are eggs in there.  It is best, from now on, to watch for the nest being built and destroy it before it is finished.

Jennifer

« Reply #171 on: May 01, 2012, 06:00:50 PM »

If eggs are in there I would leave them and watch for the mother/parents and use a flashlight instead of the porch light.  I've had birds nest that close to the door and it is worrisome. 

VIBES THE NEST IS EGG FREE!!!

If there are eggs in there then what does one do? Watch for the mother and do what?

If there are no eggs then i feel bad taking down the nest. But really how can you think building a nest on top of a light is a good idea? :)  There are so many trees!

Jennifer

« Reply #172 on: May 01, 2012, 06:01:58 PM »

DR Jennifer the sooner you check the less chance there are eggs in there.  It is best, from now on, to watch for the nest being built and destroy it before it is finished.

I will check tomorrow.  This is the first time i saw it (when i went to use the BBQ). I was shocked. It hasn't been very nice here for the past week. So it could have been done any time in between.

Jane

« Reply #173 on: May 01, 2012, 06:02:29 PM »

I would feel worse removing a nest with eggs, which I suppose is the reason I haven't done so.

Jennifer

« Reply #174 on: May 01, 2012, 06:03:51 PM »

DR Cillalilz did you see last night's DANCING WITH THE STARS?  I think they are all fairly decent (besides Melissa). But i think last night the choreography was the star. Namely Derek. That routine he did (with the vampire) was unbelievable.

To me sometimes a dancer can be quite good (but not quite as good as some) yet the choreography can be excellent. That can make a big difference. Loved it.

Jennifer

« Reply #175 on: May 01, 2012, 06:04:55 PM »

I would feel worse removing a nest with eggs, which I suppose is the reason I haven't done so.

Me too. How long would it take for them to hatch if there are eggs in there?  I would not want to move them. But really it is such a bad place for a nest.

Jane

« Reply #176 on: May 01, 2012, 06:05:18 PM »

Let us know what your find.  Other's more qualified might have something to say.  We have had similar experiences and just did our best not to disturb the eggs or babies until after they were gone.  Then we pulled down the nest and made sure a new one wasn't built in the same area. 

Jennifer

« Reply #177 on: May 01, 2012, 06:05:20 PM »

Do birds sleep at night? I wouldn't want to peek in there tomorrow and have one fly out at me :)

Jane

« Reply #178 on: May 01, 2012, 06:05:50 PM »

Me too. How long would it take for them to hatch if there are eggs in there?  I would not want to move them. But really it is such a bad place for a nest.

Bad if you turn the light on or bad as in not stable?

Jennifer

« Reply #179 on: May 01, 2012, 06:06:25 PM »

Let us know what your find.  Other's more qualified might have something to say.  We have had similar experiences and just did our best not to disturb the eggs or babies until after they were gone.  Then we pulled down the nest and made sure a new one wasn't built in the same area. 

I'll let you know tomorrow. Maybe DR Laura will know what to do. I didn't look today because it was drizzling. And i didn't have my glasses on. So i would have had to stick my face right in there to get a look. :)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up