Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: JERKY CAM  (Read 9450 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
JERKY CAM
« on: May 09, 2012, 12:03:10 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were jerky, and now it is time for you to post until the jerky cows come home - otherwise known as beef jerky.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: JERKY CAM
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 12:03:56 AM »

And the word of the day is: CASUISTRY!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 12:06:00 AM by bk »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 12:42:26 AM »

I just became a Kickstarter backer for BD Wong's live recording of Skip's Herringbone. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 04:07:28 AM »

I just became a Kickstarter backer for BD Wong's live recording of Skip's Herringbone. :)

Skip says thanks so much, George!     

(It's an interesting approach that they're taking!)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 04:09:16 AM by FJL »

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 04:41:27 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ben

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 04:46:16 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 04:56:07 AM »

Good morning, all!  Another bad night of sleep, thanks to all this madness concerning this man in LA who wants an acknowledgement for all of his work I'd appropriated in my recording notes. Yesterday afternoon, I got a fawning, rather smarmy email from him about our previous friendly discourses on Herbert, period style, etc. I found it all interesting since I hadn't communicated with this person since 2008; I did try a couple of years ago in Feb. 2010 to reach him, as did the Library of Congress, but he had relocated and certainly never bothered to provide me, or them, with a new email address to contact him.

Unfortunately for him, he had attached his original email in which he never yells plagiarism, but certainly makes it clear that I didn't have an original thought in my notes since they all came from his research, lectures, etc. It certainly negates all of his good cheer in his email to me. So, after several hours thought, I decided I didn't want to capitulate and give in to what is essentially emotional blackmail; why is he so desperate to be acknowledged? It all creeps me out and pisses me off.

This morning, I am back to Toyland to wait for Fed Ex to cart some boxes to the Library of Congress. While waiting, I shall edit a few scores for ROBERTA.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 05:08:12 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 05:13:15 AM »

why is he so desperate to be acknowledged? It all creeps me out and pisses me off.

Larry, do you mean you really don't understand his personal or professional need to be acknowledged or thanked - or do you suspect an ulterior motive?  If it's the latter, that you suspect an ulterior motive that he will point to the thanks and get something financial out of you, get something in writing (like have him send you an e-mail) that if you thank him, it is not a sign that he is due any authorship or money, just to make this all go away in an amicable manner.

FJL

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 05:16:43 AM »

Ooh, Larry is only 33 posts away from a major major milestone!!!!!!!!

FJL

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 05:17:00 AM »

Or is that old news?

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 06:08:36 AM »

Family starts arriving today for our niece's impending graduation from Reed (my old alma mater).
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012, 06:09:19 AM »

I am listening to Alex North's score for The Shoes of the Fisherman.  I burst out laughing when the waltz theme started--I had an image of the Pope dancing around the Vatican.  :)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2012, 06:10:28 AM »

Good morning, all!  Another bad night of sleep, thanks to all this madness concerning this man in LA who wants an acknowledgement for all of his work I'd appropriated in my recording notes. Yesterday afternoon, I got a fawning, rather smarmy email from him about our previous friendly discourses on Herbert, period style, etc. I found it all interesting since I hadn't communicated with this person since 2008; I did try a couple of years ago in Feb. 2010 to reach him, as did the Library of Congress, but he had relocated and certainly never bothered to provide me, or them, with a new email address to contact him.

Unfortunately for him, he had attached his original email in which he never yells plagiarism, but certainly makes it clear that I didn't have an original thought in my notes since they all came from his research, lectures, etc. It certainly negates all of his good cheer in his email to me. So, after several hours thought, I decided I didn't want to capitulate and give in to what is essentially emotional blackmail; why is he so desperate to be acknowledged? It all creeps me out and pisses me off.

This morning, I am back to Toyland to wait for Fed Ex to cart some boxes to the Library of Congress. While waiting, I shall edit a few scores for ROBERTA.

If this happens, then DR JMK can ask for acknowledgement on any Frances Farmer article, post, or commentary since MOST use his information (and by extension some of mine) - and every web story on Allison Hayes should mention me, since the publication of my Inner Web BIO of her, every article mentions information published first in my research....and usually some of my photos (cropped as I cropped them) as well.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2012, 06:10:56 AM »

I am listening to Alex North's score for The Shoes of the Fisherman.  I burst out laughing when the waltz theme started--I had an image of the Pope dancing around the Vatican.  :)

Did it look a lot like the photo DR ELMORE posted yesterday?  ;D

JMK

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2012, 06:28:36 AM »

If this happens, then DR JMK can ask for acknowledgement on any Frances Farmer article, post, or commentary since MOST use his information (and by extension some of mine) - and every web story on Allison Hayes should mention me, since the publication of my Inner Web BIO of her, every article mentions information published first in my research....and usually some of my photos (cropped as I cropped them) as well.

Oh, believe me, I've asked.   ;D  My first real inkling of what this grand new internet age was all about was when a bitch admin on Wikipedia purloined all of my research on Frances for Wikipedia's article, but she got some stuff wrong.  When I tried to get it corrected, she set up a fake account for herself, accused me of having done it, and then got me banned.  I actually emailed Jimbo Wales and gave him the story, and I was reinstated but it left me with a really bad taste in my mouth.  It's one of the reasons I've advised BK and others not to take the bait on these online forums and get involved in conflicts.  It's like arguing with a friggin brick wall.  Except brick walls are more intelligent.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2012, 06:32:16 AM »

I bought a camera on EBAY, so we shall see if it arrives and if it works.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2012, 06:32:53 AM »

Amen DR JMK.

Like the claim that one member of a band whose name I will not mention on a family site was the son of Allison Hayes and Gavin MacCleod.....ridiculous.....although he finally took that information off Wikipedia.  :P
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 06:37:25 AM by Jrand61 »

JMK

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2012, 06:33:03 AM »

My allergic reaction to this scented screener has gone from bad to worse.  The entire end of my nose swelled up yesterday and became extremely painful.  I soaked it last night, but it's still red and sensitive (kind of like Frances, LOL).  :)

JMK

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 06:35:59 AM »

I just received my shipping notification from Home Depot that this ultracool waterfall fountain I ordered for our courtyard entrance here at Chez K is on its way:

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 06:37:55 AM »

Just add water.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 06:41:04 AM »

Well....politics is a dirty business....

The Democrats could NEVER defeat Richard Lugar.....never.....and so I am sure (and I know people who did this) - several Democrats asked for Republican ballots in the primary yesterday to vote for his opponent on the Republican ticket....so that he will be out of the running for the Senate in November, and their candidate has a good chance to win....because said Republican candidate is someone MANY Republicans will NOT support.

Backhanded way to get him out of Washington. 

John G.

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2012, 06:41:39 AM »

Nice fountain. How tall?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2012, 06:42:19 AM »

Well....politics is a dirty business....

The Democrats could NEVER defeat Richard Lugar.....never.....and so I am sure (and I know people who did this) - several Democrats asked for Republican ballots in the primary yesterday to vote for his opponent on the Republican ticket....so that he will be out of the running for the Senate in November, and their candidate has a good chance to win....because said Republican candidate is someone MANY Republicans will NOT support.

Backhanded way to get him out of Washington. 
All politics am ugly now. This is like the GOP running candidates as Democrats in Wisconsin.
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2012, 06:42:53 AM »

Oh, believe me, I've asked.   ;D 

Exactly, JMK.  Getting thanks and being acknowledged in any effort can matter in and of itself, as something to show friends as a point of personal pride and colleagues as a point of business stature - if you're convinced somehow that you deserve it for some reason, even with no ulterior legal motives. 

BUT if this guy is being so incredibly persistent, and if anyone in a deciding position fears an ulterior legal motive, then I'd say get it in writing that the person understands you (the person giving the thanks for the time or info or the support or whatever) feel he does NOT deserve it, but are just doing it to AVOID any legal complication rather than allow any to be created by the thanks or acknowledgment.   

And if the "thanked" person is not willing to put that in writing, that's normally a sign that he is entertaining doing something legal down the road, isn't it?

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2012, 06:46:10 AM »

And the word of the day is: CASUISTRY!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  PRETTY LITTLE PICTURE

Kerry

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2012, 06:46:56 AM »

Wednesday greetings and Better-Than-Wednesday-Vibes to all.
I like boat races.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2012, 06:53:36 AM »

BK-

How Wonderful That HE and SHE Rhyme

Question-IYHO -How Do You Feel About Women or Men Singing Songs that specifically are written for a Man Or Woman without changing gender?

For Example-Tony Bennett sings-THE MAN WHO GOT AWAY as written without changing The Lyric to THE GIRL WHO GOT AWAY

JMK

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2012, 06:54:36 AM »

Nice fountain. How tall?

A little over 4 feet.  It should scale nicely in the space.

JMK

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2012, 06:55:18 AM »

For Example-Tony Bennett sings-THE MAN WHO GOT AWAY as written without changing The Lyric to THE GIRL WHO GOT AWAY

I understand that's now illegal in North Carolina.

JMK

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2012, 06:56:59 AM »

Oh, believe me, I've asked.   ;D 

Exactly, JMK.  Getting thanks and being acknowledged in any effort can matter in and of itself, as something to show friends as a point of personal pride and colleagues as a point of business stature - if you're convinced somehow that you deserve it for some reason, even with no ulterior legal motives. 

BUT if this guy is being so incredibly persistent, and if anyone in a deciding position fears an ulterior legal motive, then I'd say get it in writing that the person understands you (the person giving the thanks for the time or info or the support or whatever) feel he does NOT deserve it, but are just doing it to AVOID any legal complication rather than allow any to be created by the thanks or acknowledgment.   

And if the "thanked" person is not willing to put that in writing, that's normally a sign that he is entertaining doing something legal down the road, isn't it?

My particular issue may or may not be the same as what Larry is going through.  I have a copyrighted piece that broke new information and it has been used all over the place, usually without my consent.  But my bottom line has always been, I'm more about the truth being known than receiving credit for having uncovered it, so in the long run, it's relatively fine.  :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up