Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BERRIES  (Read 8233 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: THE BERRIES
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2012, 05:35:27 PM »

Vixmom, typically the earnest money is held in escrow until closing.  But because the buyers put so little down (way less than 1%), our realtor added a clause that they had to release those funds as soon as the appraisal came in.  It kind of "hooks" them into the deal, or at the very least gives us a pittance for our time and trouble should the deal not close.

so your realtors handle all these things for you?  No lawyers?

Not in this case.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2012, 05:36:58 PM »

A non-Ask BK Day question for BK (or possibly RLP):  I am filling in my Hugo Montenegro collection and got the FSM release of The Undefeated, which also includes Hombre.  Lukas includes a "mystery track" from the Hombre trailer which evidently includes library music, one cue of which he states will make Jerry Goldsmith fans laugh out loud.  I do not recognize this music.  Does anyone know what it is?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2012, 05:43:31 PM »

A non-Ask BK Day question for BK (or possibly RLP):  I am filling in my Hugo Montenegro collection and got the FSM release of The Undefeated, which also includes Hombre.  Lukas includes a "mystery track" from the Hombre trailer which evidently includes library music, one cue of which he states will make Jerry Goldsmith fans laugh out loud.  I do not recognize this music.  Does anyone know what it is?

Never mind, Google was my friend.  The Loner Theme.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2012, 06:11:53 PM »

Vixmom, typically the earnest money is held in escrow until closing.  But because the buyers put so little down (way less than 1%), our realtor added a clause that they had to release those funds as soon as the appraisal came in.  It kind of "hooks" them into the deal, or at the very least gives us a pittance for our time and trouble should the deal not close.

so your realtors handle all these things for you?  No lawyers?

No lawyers in California either.  I don't recall one in NJ either, just Massachusetts & Connecticut. 

Jane

« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2012, 06:12:58 PM »

We have lived in so many states it is hard to keep the closing details straight. 

ChasSmith

« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2012, 06:16:00 PM »

Yeah, the lawyer involvement is crazy here in Connecticut.  The real estate folks say you don't HAVE to use one, "but most everyone else does, so you'd be crazy not to as well".

Jane

« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2012, 06:26:05 PM »

We were glad the company Keith worked for paid for the fees.

Jane

« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2012, 06:26:40 PM »

DR Chas we lived in Woodbridge for one year.

Jane

« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2012, 06:33:02 PM »

Last night I kind of had a meltdown from everything & couldn't stay asleep.  I read most the night to keep out of my own brain.  Poor Keith had it worst than I did.  He had a nightmare with the two of us & Sherlock, very unusual for him, which was so bad it won't even tell me about it. :(

Needless to say I'm tired.

Jane

« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2012, 07:30:07 PM »

'night

Laura

« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2012, 07:45:01 PM »

Vixmom, in my vast experience with real estate purchases (that is a joke, by the way), we have never used lawyers. The realtors and the title people did the paperwork.

We bought a house, I sold my mother's house, and we bought my son a condo. No lawyers needed.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2012, 07:46:08 PM »

Today we saw the tour of La Cage aux Folles. It was probably the best show they have done for years (although we also loved South Pacific).

Sadly, the star could not sing, but Zaza brought down the house.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

ChasSmith

« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2012, 07:57:09 PM »

Going to see a "Gypsy" matinee tomorrow.  Community production with some folks I know.  I'd been asked to play "strings" on keyboard (they were having trouble getting people) but couldn't due to last week's road trip.

JMK

« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2012, 09:02:00 PM »

We just got back from a really interesting performance that one of Betsy's co-workers was in.  It was in this huge warehouse that was virtually unfindable, even with Google directions.  The warehouse houses a dance class where they work with these giant 2 or 3 story tall pieces of silk that they climb and do routines in and on.  Here's a not very good pic from my phone:

JMK

« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2012, 09:05:11 PM »

Let's see if this bigger one will post now:

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2012, 09:29:38 PM »

Last night I kind of had a meltdown from everything & couldn't stay asleep.  I read most the night to keep out of my own brain.  Poor Keith had it worst than I did.  He had a nightmare with the two of us & Sherlock, very unusual for him, which was so bad it won't even tell me about it. :(

Needless to say I'm tired.
More vibes of comfort.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2012, 09:30:27 PM »

Vixmom, in my vast experience with real estate purchases (that is a joke, by the way), we have never used lawyers. The realtors and the title people did the paperwork.

We bought a house, I sold my mother's house, and we bought my son a condo. No lawyers needed.
Was this with George Hamilton?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #137 on: May 19, 2012, 11:20:24 PM »

Just got in from seeing "The Avengers" - it was fun.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: May 19, 2012, 11:26:29 PM »

Back from a fun and good meal at Genghis Cohen and seeing Doug Haverty's play, Aftershocks.  My evenings are always brighter when spent in the company of the Family Hollis.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2012, 12:19:16 AM »

It seems that my stomach problems have resurfaced and basically incapacitated me for the past few days and this morning has not startd off well. I've been sleeping a lot. My insurance company has given the go ahead to repeat a test I did last year that was not completely successful the first time.

~~~Vibes for Mike!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #140 on: May 20, 2012, 12:22:47 AM »

Today, "Good Night Moon" had a good audience.  I didn't get to eat anything until after the show, then I came home and watched four of the last five episodes of "Who Do You Think You Are?" and the last two episodes of "Cougar Town."  I still have a lot of TV watching to catch up on. 

Just had to share. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #141 on: May 20, 2012, 12:23:23 AM »

Now, I need to ketchup on all of today's posts.

George

« Reply #142 on: May 20, 2012, 12:26:15 AM »

Topic of the Day...ditto to all! :P

George

« Reply #143 on: May 20, 2012, 12:32:33 AM »

Last night, we had a great opening night for "Good Night Moon."  The audience was more than 75% filled...and since the place only holds about 120 people, it was a pretty full house.  Everything went really well.  At the beginning of the final preview the night before, I accidentally set off a sound cue early.  Last night, I accidentally set of a sound cue early at the end of the show.  Spoo.

It'll be perfect this afternoon. :D

To perfection! :)

Thanks Jane, but it wasn't perfect...again. ::) Maybe tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up