Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL DAY  (Read 10788 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL DAY
« Reply #150 on: June 16, 2012, 06:12:13 PM »

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Laura

« Reply #151 on: June 16, 2012, 06:19:24 PM »

Our first dust storm of the summer has rolled in.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

KevinH

« Reply #152 on: June 16, 2012, 06:26:18 PM »

TOD:  I saw a post by BK on allthatchat.com that had a link to HHW.  I realized at some point that BK was the producer of Brent Barrett's CDs and a few others I had.  

I sent BK an email and asked if he thought he might be doing another CD with Brent.  He answered that Brent was very busy at the time but that they might do one at some point.    

He also mentioned that he had had webtv and was interested that I still had it at that point.

I lurked on the site on and off for a couple of years!  I finally joined in the fall of 2009.  I've enjoyed very much meeting BK and many HHW members!

Ginny

« Reply #153 on: June 16, 2012, 06:26:41 PM »

Yep, recumbent cross trainer, DR Jane!

If our Y has one I'll give it a try.  I was progressing on the regular cross trainer when I realized it simply hurts my shoulders, in a bad way, too much.  I do weights and a couple of other exercises for my shoulders plus swimming once a week.  I use weights for my legs, 10 minutes on a recumbent bike, 20 minutes on the stairmaster, and 1 mile or more on the treadmill.  I run on and off during the mile and do it in about 13 minutes.  If I have extra time & jog longer I go an extra half mile.

That's quite a workout, DR Jane!  Be careful with the NuStep, because your arms move in opposition to your feet and I'd worry about your shoulder.  I suppose you could just not hold onto the hand grips and exercise just your legs, but be careful not to get smacked in the face!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #154 on: June 16, 2012, 06:28:28 PM »

Thoughts would be appreciated on this.  We're in the early planning stages for taking the boys to Europe next summer.  Here's what I'm proposing

Flying from Portland to Philadelphia
1=2 days in Philly to see the Liberty Bell, Constitution Hall, etc.
Train to NYC
2-3 days in NYC, see a show and the sights maybe meet with HHW-ers
Plane to London
4 days in London
Tower, Millennium Plaza, Museum, Buckingham Palace, West End
Train to Paris
2-3 days in Paris
Louvre, Eiffel Tower, Champs, etc.
Train to Venice
2-3 days in Venice
St. Marks, etc.
Train to Rome
3-4 days in Rome
Ruins, Vatican, etc.
Fly home

Depends what they are into.   Does trekking through the Colosseum in Rome in the heat appeal to them?  I have always read not to travel in Italy & other countries in August.

I asked Craig since he has traveled throughout Europe & also took a trip with Keith when he was thirteen.  At 13 he didn't like Paris & loved it as an adult.  He suggested there isn't a lot for teens to do in Venice ( I say, & he agrees, it's beautiful but very expensive)  Craig asked if you have  thought about Germany (Munich maybe) or the beaches of Spain?

I've never been to the Amalfi Coast or Rome but think it might be more fun staying in someplace like Positano after your tour of cities.

I think Philly is a great city for Americans to visit and that they will enjoy NY & London.

Jane

« Reply #155 on: June 16, 2012, 06:28:56 PM »

Thoughts would be appreciated on this.  We're in the early planning stages for taking the boys to Europe next summer.  Here's what I'm proposing

Train to NYC
Plane to London
4 days in London
Train to Paris
2-3 days in Paris
Train to Venice
2-3 days in Venice
St. Marks, etc.
Train to Rome
3-4 days in Rome
Ruins, Vatican, etc.
Fly home

Very energetic itinerary.  When do you stop and breathe?

;D

Jane

« Reply #156 on: June 16, 2012, 06:29:17 PM »

Our first dust storm of the summer has rolled in.

:(

Jane

« Reply #157 on: June 16, 2012, 06:33:43 PM »

If our Y has one I'll give it a try.  I was progressing on the regular cross trainer when I realized it simply hurts my shoulders, in a bad way, too much.  I do weights and a couple of other exercises for my shoulders plus swimming once a week.  I use weights for my legs, 10 minutes on a recumbent bike, 20 minutes on the stairmaster, and 1 mile or more on the treadmill.  I run on and off during the mile and do it in about 13 minutes.  If I have extra time & jog longer I go an extra half mile.

That's quite a workout, DR Jane!  Be careful with the NuStep, because your arms move in opposition to your feet and I'd worry about your shoulder.  I suppose you could just not hold onto the hand grips and exercise just your legs, but be careful not to get smacked in the face!

Except for the face smacking part it sounds like the cross trainer.  If I give the NuStep a try I won't go more than a minute to begin with.

I like the routine I have now.  Occasionally I try something new only to find it bothers my back or shoulders.  Rotating machines keeps me from getting too bored.  When I first began going I mostly used the treadmill & had to hold on to keep my balance.  I feel much stronger now & I think the work outs are why my swimming is improving.

Ginny

« Reply #158 on: June 16, 2012, 06:38:03 PM »

Train to NYC
Plane to London
4 days in London
Train to Paris
2-3 days in Paris
Train to Venice
2-3 days in Venice
St. Marks, etc.
Train to Rome
3-4 days in Rome
Ruins, Vatican, etc.
Fly home

Very energetic itinerary.  When do you stop and breathe?

Whew - I'm exhausted just reading this plan!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #159 on: June 16, 2012, 06:38:50 PM »

I heard on Entertainment tonight that House Hunters isn't real, that one of the couples had already purchased a home and they found two others to fake them looking at.  My response is "so what".  

I'm not surprised.

Ginny

« Reply #160 on: June 16, 2012, 06:39:16 PM »

Except for the face smacking part it sounds like the cross trainer.  If I give the NuStep a try I won't go more than a minute to begin with.

I like the routine I have now.  Occasionally I try something new only to find it bothers my back or shoulders.  Rotating machines keeps me from getting too bored.  When I first began going I mostly used the treadmill & had to hold on to keep my balance.  I feel much stronger now & I think the work outs are why my swimming is improving.

Now that my feet have healed after walking around New York and Washington, I'm thinking about trying out the pool next week.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: June 16, 2012, 06:39:17 PM »

And it's time for bed. I have to be up by 6:30 am to have the laundry in the washers at 7:30. While that's going on, i have to finish the edit of the 1798 Irish rebellion, and  put together a piece on the music in EILEEN. My hoped-for finish time tomorrow is still 3pm and I hope I can ccomplish it I want to have a good time tomorrow night at the Metropolitan Room with no guilt and no cancellation.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #162 on: June 16, 2012, 06:39:38 PM »

Actually, what surprises me is that they've kept that quiet for so long.

Jane

« Reply #163 on: June 16, 2012, 06:44:13 PM »

Now that my feet have healed after walking around New York and Washington, I'm thinking about trying out the pool next week.

Think about trying out an easy water aerobics class and feel free not to do all of the exercises or only a few of each to begin with.  After going to several classes I began going on my own & continued the exercises I liked.  From there I worked my way up to doing laps.  You might find the class fun & stick with it.  I found the exercises more of a workout than I expected them to be.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #164 on: June 16, 2012, 06:50:17 PM »

TOD:  I saw a post by BK on allthatchat.com that had a link to HHW.  I realized at some point that BK was the producer of Brent Barrett's CDs and a few others I had.  

I sent BK an email and asked if he thought he might be doing another CD with Brent.  He answered that Brent was very busy at the time but that they might do one at some point.    

He also mentioned that he had had webtv and was interested that I still had it at that point.

I lurked on the site on and off for a couple of years!  I finally joined in the fall of 2009.  I've enjoyed very much meeting BK and many HHW members!

A couple of years?  I feel so violated!
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #165 on: June 16, 2012, 06:53:02 PM »

Yes, DR Jane, water exercising is what led me to the Y in the first place.  I had a pretty bad flare up of achilles tendonitis in May and attributed it, in part, to doing my walking on the concrete basement floor.  Just had to give my ugly blisters some time to clear up!

Jane

« Reply #166 on: June 16, 2012, 06:55:04 PM »

DR JMK you might think about giving yourself an extra day in London while you adjust to the time change.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: June 16, 2012, 07:00:42 PM »

« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 07:02:56 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #168 on: June 16, 2012, 07:03:42 PM »

Hi all, I had a ton of things to do today and I didn't get hardly anything done.  Just didn't feel that good and even took a nap this afternoon.  I did manage to get the the yard mowed in the cool of the evening but I feel pooped and will be off to dreamland shortly.

I was posting on another board and Bruce started posting there too.  He mentioned his board and I started lurking.  One night the topic was about Errol Flynn who I have always loved.  I made a post and next thing I knew, I was part of the HHW family.  I've never been happier.  You all have seen me though the good times and the bad.  I hope you know that I adore you all and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. 

I will never forget the NY gathering.  Or the first time I went Ice Skating and had to call DR Jane to tell her, only she wasn't there and poor DH Keith had to hear me chatter on about how excited I was about it.  He was so nice about it.  Or the very first time I went to NY and met DR Elmore.  I'll never forget his kinds when he gave me his business card and told me if I got lost or scared to find the nearest starbucks (because of them being on every corner) and to call him and he would come get me.  Or the book reading with Bruce.  I felt shy going in and wasn't sure where to sit so I grabbed a seat towards the back and Bruce said "You'll be more comfortable  up here."  I remember shyly saying, "I'm Danise" and he said, "I know who you are"  that made me feel so welcome.  And how the whole gang walked together to go get something to eat afterwards. 

I remember going to see Penny's play and how good it was.  I remember the walking tour and the jokes and good food we had.  And after that long day of eating and walking we went to see DR FJL and Skip.  No one went to bed hungry that night after the spread they provided. In fact, I think I waddled back the hotel room.

I remember meeting DR Ben and DH Ant who made me feel so at home. 

I've never met DR TCB but I somehow feel a bond with him as well.  I hope to someday meet all of the very Dear DR's I haven't in a another gathering where EVERYONE can be there.

I remember, I remember.........  :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #169 on: June 16, 2012, 07:05:05 PM »

Danise: You asked about the brand of fridge I got. It's a Hotpoint - a British label (actually made in Poland) whose parent company in U.S. is General Electric.
  I don't think i've every heard of a Hotpoint.  I hope it works long and well for you, DR Doug R!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #170 on: June 16, 2012, 07:08:32 PM »

DR Danise Keith enjoyed your call. :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #171 on: June 16, 2012, 07:09:35 PM »

I've never met DR TCB but I somehow feel a bond with him as well.  I hope to someday meet all of the very Dear DR's I haven't in a another gathering where EVERYONE can be there.

I feel the same bond with you DR Danise!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #172 on: June 16, 2012, 07:09:54 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #173 on: June 16, 2012, 07:13:37 PM »

DR Danise Keith enjoyed your call. :)
  I'm glad.  I know I sounded like a little kid--I was that excited.  And then the next day I hurt in places I didn't know I had!  :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #174 on: June 16, 2012, 07:14:36 PM »

I feel the same bond with you DR Danise!
  **hugs**
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #175 on: June 16, 2012, 07:18:12 PM »

'Night all. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #176 on: June 16, 2012, 07:20:08 PM »

Oh, before I forget--the time the ladies of HHW went to have our makeup done by Bobbi Brown.  I didn't know who that was, still don't really but it was fun.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #177 on: June 16, 2012, 07:25:03 PM »

I still use two of the products.

Jane

« Reply #178 on: June 16, 2012, 07:25:10 PM »

'night

Ginny

« Reply #179 on: June 16, 2012, 07:26:10 PM »

I still use two of the products.

I did, too, until they discontinued one of them!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up