Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL DAY  (Read 10731 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL DAY
« Reply #120 on: June 16, 2012, 05:13:55 PM »

Page 5
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #121 on: June 16, 2012, 05:14:30 PM »

Today I had the Bacon Sundae.  I'm only a little surprised to report that it was delicious.  The vanilla soft serve (which seems to be of a very good quality, but I've never had it by itself), the chocolate and caramel syrups, and the bacon.  Very compatible flavors.

Just what I needed, of course, after last night's Hot Fudge Pudding Cake With Vanilla Ice Cream and Hot Fudge Sauce.

Glad to hear you liked it!

Where do you get the Bacon Sundae?

At Burger King

Cillaliz

« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2012, 05:14:51 PM »

It wasn't too long after that...I think less than a year, and I met DR Jane and her DH Keith, DR George, DR JMK his DW Betsey and their boys at DR JMK's home in Oregon.  After that I went to NYC and was in the first walking and eating tour by DR Jose. I have loved the get togethers since then.  I don't really think of my friends here as net-friends. I think of everyone as a friend.  You don't find many sites where everyone actually gets together like we do.  It is the best site on the internet~!

January 16, 2005, 12:56:30 PM

I knew someone would have that date and time

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2012, 05:15:07 PM »

It wasn't too long after that...I think less than a year, and I met DR Jane and her DH Keith, DR George, DR JMK his DW Betsey and their boys at DR JMK's home in Oregon.  After that I went to NYC and was in the first walking and eating tour by DR Jose. I have loved the get togethers since then.  I don't really think of my friends here as net-friends. I think of everyone as a friend.  You don't find many sites where everyone actually gets together like we do.  It is the best site on the internet~!

Two very fun gatherings!!!!

DR Ginny and I were back in NY for the events that had taken us the previous year, only this time not only did we meet many other DR's joined us & DR Jose organized the walking tour.  It was an exhausting but wonderful day.

Jane

« Reply #124 on: June 16, 2012, 05:15:42 PM »

Also the day we found out what wonderful hosts DR FJL & Skip are.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #125 on: June 16, 2012, 05:15:46 PM »

Today I had the Bacon Sundae.  I'm only a little surprised to report that it was delicious.  The vanilla soft serve (which seems to be of a very good quality, but I've never had it by itself), the chocolate and caramel syrups, and the bacon.  Very compatible flavors.

Just what I needed, of course, after last night's Hot Fudge Pudding Cake With Vanilla Ice Cream and Hot Fudge Sauce.

Glad to hear you liked it!

Where do you get the Bacon Sundae?

At Burger King

I thought you had said that.  They must not offerr them in Washington yet.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #126 on: June 16, 2012, 05:17:23 PM »

It wasn't too long after that...I think less than a year, and I met DR Jane and her DH Keith, DR George, DR JMK his DW Betsey and their boys at DR JMK's home in Oregon. 

January 16, 2005, 12:56:30 PM

I knew someone would have that date and time

I also remember you were a wee bit nervous getting into the car of a couple of strangers to go to the home of more strangers. ;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #127 on: June 16, 2012, 05:17:27 PM »

Two very fun gatherings!!!!

DR Ginny and I were back in NY for the events that had taken us the previous year, only this time not only did we meet many other DR's joined us & DR Jose organized the walking tour.  It was an exhausting but wonderful day.

And MBarnum laid claim to elmore's fire excape.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #128 on: June 16, 2012, 05:17:42 PM »

I remember that well

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: June 16, 2012, 05:17:49 PM »

I met Bruce when I was fourteen. He called me one day and said that I MUST go see ONCE UPON A MATTRESS at the Bluth Brothers Theatre in Culver City. It was my first live theatre experience and my first real musical. I loved it. I auditioned for the next show, LI'L ABNER, and did that show and a couple others. Bruce did several shows there as well, as did Walter Willison and Allen Abelow. An absolutely amazing group of people passed through the theatre during the two years it was in existence. Just knowing Fred and Don Bluth was an experience in itself.

Bruce went off to LACC and I went to UCLA and we lost touch. In 2006, I was doing some web searches when Bruce's name popped up. I went to one of the links (HHW) and yep, same Bruce Kimmel. I emailed him, which was followed by a lengthy phone conversation. He, of course, said I MUST join HHW. (Bruce can be very persuasive.) Thus began my tenure at HHW.

Jane

« Reply #130 on: June 16, 2012, 05:18:29 PM »

At the first gathering in Portland DR JMK invited DR George to stay at his house, which he did, and the rest of us over for dinner.  DR Betsy was a bit nervous about that until a few minutes after we arrived. :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #131 on: June 16, 2012, 05:22:24 PM »

I was nervous about it too, lol.  I was going off to meet a couple I didn't know to drive to the home of someone I didn't know .....  that went away as soon as I met Jane and Keith

Jane

« Reply #132 on: June 16, 2012, 05:24:00 PM »

Keith said there are a couple of NuStep machines at the Y.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #133 on: June 16, 2012, 05:24:22 PM »

Jane, it's the very fact that everything is out of my control that makes me nervous.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2012, 05:26:55 PM »

A friend of mine often participates in a blog that is largely political. He's told me many times about the online  arguments the members get into. There's lots of name-calling and very little listening, and even less respect. That does not interest me! We're friendlier here! I've never heard of another blog where the members actually have get-togethers.

Jane

« Reply #135 on: June 16, 2012, 05:28:56 PM »

I was nervous about it too, lol.  I was going off to meet a couple I didn't know to drive to the home of someone I didn't know .....  that went away as soon as I met Jane and Keith

;D

I was staying with my brother in L.A. & told him I was going out to dinner with, a now ex-DR.  My brother was concerned until I told him Bruce would also be there.

Jane

« Reply #136 on: June 16, 2012, 05:29:42 PM »

Jane, it's the very fact that everything is out of my control that makes me nervous.  :)

LOL  I am fully aware of that. 

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: June 16, 2012, 05:30:31 PM »

Now I MUST take care of a few things.

TTFN.

Jane

« Reply #138 on: June 16, 2012, 05:32:49 PM »

A friend of mine often participates in a blog that is largely political. He's told me many times about the online  arguments the members get into. There's lots of name-calling and very little listening, and even less respect. That does not interest me! We're friendlier here! I've never heard of another blog where the members actually have get-togethers.

Because of my experience here I actually asked one of my Facebook Bernese Mountain Dog friends if I made it to Chicago would he pick me up on his way to the dog Specialty gathering I had wanted to attend in Gettysburg. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #139 on: June 16, 2012, 05:40:47 PM »

I tried to post some photos from the 2005 walking and eating tour, but it says the folder is full.  Can someone PM me the photobucket info so I can try to do it that way.  I don't remember the user name and password.

Jennifer

« Reply #140 on: June 16, 2012, 05:41:16 PM »

I wonder if they have this in Canada.

FJL

« Reply #141 on: June 16, 2012, 05:42:09 PM »

I remember that well

And don't forget Toby and Dylan, always ready to help if food were to drop to the floor

Cillaliz

« Reply #142 on: June 16, 2012, 05:44:06 PM »

I remember that well

And don't forget Toby and Dylan, always ready to help if food were to drop to the floor

:)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2012, 05:46:48 PM »

Because of my experience here I actually asked one of my Facebook Bernese Mountain Dog friends if I made it to Chicago would he pick me up on his way to the dog Specialty gathering I had wanted to attend in Gettysburg. 

And what was his answer?
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #144 on: June 16, 2012, 05:49:37 PM »

I heard on Entertainment tonight that House Hunters isn't real, that one of the couples had already purchased a home and they found two others to fake them looking at.  My response is "so what".   

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #145 on: June 16, 2012, 05:53:03 PM »

Thoughts would be appreciated on this.  We're in the early planning stages for taking the boys to Europe next summer.  Here's what I'm proposing

Flying from Portland to Philadelphia
1=2 days in Philly to see the Liberty Bell, Constitution Hall, etc.
Train to NYC
2-3 days in NYC, see a show and the sights maybe meet with HHW-ers
Plane to London
4 days in London
Tower, Millennium Plaza, Museum, Buckingham Palace, West End
Train to Paris
2-3 days in Paris
Louvre, Eiffel Tower, Champs, etc.
Train to Venice
2-3 days in Venice
St. Marks, etc.
Train to Rome
3-4 days in Rome
Ruins, Vatican, etc.
Fly home
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

« Reply #146 on: June 16, 2012, 05:56:37 PM »

I remember that well

I tried not to drop any-figured they had enough anyway without my help ;)

Jane

« Reply #147 on: June 16, 2012, 05:57:47 PM »

And what was his answer?

Yes, except I didn't go to Chicago until after the Specialty was over.  I figured with two big dogs in the car I was safe.  He is also one of my favorite Berner people, very funny guy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #148 on: June 16, 2012, 06:09:13 PM »

Thoughts would be appreciated on this.  We're in the early planning stages for taking the boys to Europe next summer.  Here's what I'm proposing

Flying from Portland to Philadelphia
1=2 days in Philly to see the Liberty Bell, Constitution Hall, etc.
Train to NYC
2-3 days in NYC, see a show and the sights maybe meet with HHW-ers
Plane to London
4 days in London
Tower, Millennium Plaza, Museum, Buckingham Palace, West End
Train to Paris
2-3 days in Paris
Louvre, Eiffel Tower, Champs, etc.
Train to Venice
2-3 days in Venice
St. Marks, etc.
Train to Rome
3-4 days in Rome
Ruins, Vatican, etc.
Fly home

Very energetic itinerary.  When do you stop and breathe?
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #149 on: June 16, 2012, 06:11:32 PM »

I remember that well

I tried not to drop any-figured they had enough anyway without my help ;)

LOL!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up