Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BEST PLAY  (Read 9373 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re: THE BEST PLAY
« Reply #150 on: June 17, 2012, 07:23:59 PM »

Thank you DR Vixmom-wish you could have joined us.

me too!!  I was back at work that morning and missed the fun!  That walking eating tour was  wonderful!!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #151 on: June 17, 2012, 07:25:09 PM »

Made an herb-crusted chuck roast for dinner with celery, cabbage, carrots and daikon roasted at the bottom, a salad with herbs from the garden and a finely aged bottle of red. Cherries for dessert.

I made Vixdad and My Dad get in my car and drove them to a restaurant where I paid for them to eat dinner

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #152 on: June 17, 2012, 07:31:04 PM »

Made an herb-crusted chuck roast for dinner with celery, cabbage, carrots and daikon roasted at the bottom, a salad with herbs from the garden and a finely aged bottle of red. Cherries for dessert.

I made Vixdad and My Dad get in my car and drove them to a restaurant where I paid for them to eat dinner
I like the way you think.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #153 on: June 17, 2012, 07:32:33 PM »

Watching a bad bootleg of Brett Barrett in "Annie Get Your Gun" with somebody named Reba something in it, too. Too bad the closeups are washed out. Still, the vocals are good. Excellent, in fact.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #154 on: June 17, 2012, 07:32:50 PM »

Was it still alive? I usually smash them with rocks. Although I probably wouldn't do that in a restaurant.
That's the best definition of etiquette I've seen in ages.  ;D
Well, of course you have to use the RIGHT rock, one should never EVER  use a mussel rock when smashing crawdads and vice versa 

I tend to use rounded river rocks. I have been known to stomp them with my boots as well. Another thing I probably wouldn't do in a restaurant.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

John G.

« Reply #155 on: June 17, 2012, 07:33:54 PM »

I just read this headline:
"Plague Confirmed in Oregon Man Bitten by Stray Cat"

The story states the man was bitten while trying to take a dead rodent out of the cat's mouth.  It didn't explain WHY he was doing that.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/plague-confirmed-man-save-mouse-16577682#.T96LB7VrPxo
I read that yesterday. Who knows why anybody does anything. Scary, scary story.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #156 on: June 17, 2012, 07:34:29 PM »

Loved all of the photos today.
― Voltaire

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #157 on: June 17, 2012, 07:45:07 PM »

Watching a bad bootleg of Brett Barrett in "Annie Get Your Gun" with somebody named Reba something in it, too. Too bad the closeups are washed out. Still, the vocals are good. Excellent, in fact.

Word on the street was that Reba was 100% better than Bernadette.  Shocking, isn't it?  <sarcasm>

Ben

« Reply #158 on: June 17, 2012, 07:50:38 PM »

Reba was wonderful as AO. She should have been in the show from the beginning.

vixmom

« Reply #159 on: June 17, 2012, 07:56:43 PM »

Was it still alive? I usually smash them with rocks. Although I probably wouldn't do that in a restaurant.
That's the best definition of etiquette I've seen in ages.  ;D
Well, of course you have to use the RIGHT rock, one should never EVER  use a mussel rock when smashing crawdads and vice versa 

I tend to use rounded river rocks. I have been known to stomp them with my boots as well. Another thing I probably wouldn't do in a restaurant.

keep that up and the Game Warden will be back

vixmom

« Reply #160 on: June 17, 2012, 08:02:31 PM »

I like descriptions of all the wonderful things you cook!  Good thing for you you live so are away or I would be showing up unannounced at dinner time EVERY day!  I bet you and FJL's DP would get along well - he is a fantastic cook (besides being a fantastic songwriter!)

John G.

« Reply #161 on: June 17, 2012, 08:03:53 PM »

Reba was wonderful as AO. She should have been in the show from the beginning.
Barrett is also better vocally than Tom Wopat. They both make it a real pleasure to listen to, even if the video isn't great.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #162 on: June 17, 2012, 08:05:34 PM »

I like descriptions of all the wonderful things you cook!  Good thing for you you live so are away or I would be showing up unannounced at dinner time EVERY day!  I bet you and FJL's DP would get along well - he is a fantastic cook (besides being a fantastic songwriter!)

I'm glad for your sake that you can't drop by, either. You'd always be welcome, but I never know when I'm going to be home, so you might have to wait awhile. And it can get hot on the stoop.
― Voltaire

vixmom

« Reply #163 on: June 17, 2012, 08:14:47 PM »

I'm glad for your sake that you can't drop by, either. You'd always be welcome, but I never know when I'm going to be home, so you might have to wait awhile. And it can get hot on the stoop.

:D

vixmom

« Reply #164 on: June 17, 2012, 08:15:51 PM »

well it is getting on  to late so good night all!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #165 on: June 17, 2012, 08:28:41 PM »

We are back from dinner at The Claim Jumper.  They screwed up our reservation, brought several wrong things that we didn't order, and were incredibly slow to boot.  However the manager came over and apologized and they threw in a free pizza, so I'm relatively satisfied.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #166 on: June 17, 2012, 08:32:26 PM »

Glad to hear that DR George's mum had a wonderful Birthday! 

Thanks, Danise! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #167 on: June 17, 2012, 08:36:34 PM »

Today, we went to my sister's house for brunch (vegan waffles and "sausage" and real chicken eggs, for those who wanted...my dad wanted).  We got him two, count 'em TWO gift cards for Barnes and Noble.  One for actual books and one for the coffee shop...although he knows that both cards can be used purchases from either store. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #168 on: June 17, 2012, 08:39:46 PM »

I then came home and took a nap.  I've also been watching some TV and am waiting for the new summer season of "Falling Skies" to start.  The first two episodes will be broadcast one right after the other.

George

« Reply #169 on: June 17, 2012, 08:41:14 PM »

I also am downloading the digital copy of "To Kill a Mockingbird" that I bought a couple of months ago.  I found the Blu-ray/DVD combo and forgot that it included a digital copy.  I didn't want the ability to download to expire. 

George

« Reply #170 on: June 17, 2012, 08:41:55 PM »

And now, back to Page 1 to ketchup on all the posts.

George

« Reply #171 on: June 17, 2012, 08:43:00 PM »

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!!!!!

DITTO!!

Your father's name is Ditto?? :-)

Well, if he can call my sister, "Happy" (the name of my parents' cat), then I can call him Ditto.

:D

George

« Reply #172 on: June 17, 2012, 08:48:44 PM »

Received this charming update from Zach via text:

Hey, Dad, I'm not dead.

Nice to know.

George

« Reply #173 on: June 17, 2012, 09:03:22 PM »

Then we had a nice lunch at the Red something Grill - Red Eye?  It's a fish place, so I had them make me a platter of lobster, crab, and shrimp and cocktail sauce.  It was very fresh and good.  But there was this mini-creature on the plate for decoration and the waitress, who was funny, asked if I'd like it removed.  I picked it up, remarked that it looked like some Bert I. Gordon creature and handed it to her.  As she moved it it made a little green poop on a plate.  It was howlingly amusing.  For dessert, it was a bucket of mousse and a bucket of whipped cream.  This they ladle onto a plate until you say stop.  I only allowed a medium portion of both, and ate about half of it, but boy was it good.  Here's the proof:

Wow...a bucket of mousse AND whipped cream??  Sounds absolutely yummy!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #174 on: June 17, 2012, 10:12:28 PM »

Dinner was good.  I'm tired from doing basically nothing but the normal Sunday morning church thing.  Ugh

ChasSmith

« Reply #175 on: June 17, 2012, 10:41:59 PM »

Back from a delightful cabaret evening with MR BK and the East Coast Singer. 

At table were DR Elmore, former DR Producer Julie, DR yrs truly, along with actor/singers Milla (sp?) and Crista Moore.  It was especially enjoyable being my first ever Lanny Meyers show, not to mention my first live BK event.  Thanks for the opportunity, and may there be many more.

George

« Reply #176 on: June 17, 2012, 10:49:17 PM »

That's great, ChasSmith!  Someday, I hope to make it to NYC and visit with the gang!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up