Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: JULY IS BUSTING OUT ALL OVER  (Read 10828 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
JULY IS BUSTING OUT ALL OVER
« on: July 01, 2012, 12:26:41 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were busting out all over, and now it is time for you to post until the busting out all over cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: JULY IS BUSTING OUT ALL OVER
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 12:29:55 AM »

And the word of the day is: AVOCATION!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 12:46:30 AM »

Wouldn't it be fun to have a whole page of posts before morning?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 12:48:02 AM »

Here's a photograph of the East Coast Singer and me right after the second show.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 12:48:30 AM »

In the background is Shelly Markham on the left, and Lanny Meyers on the right.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 12:49:40 AM »

And here's a photo from the first night - this is Sami (on the left) and Sara Staitman.  Sami will be playing a prominent role in an Outside the Box episode, and Sara will be in another one.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 12:50:24 AM »

I am my own frenzy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 12:50:39 AM »

Well, to bed, to bed for this sleepyhead.

Doug R

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 03:13:41 AM »

Nice to see those pictures.

KevinH

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 03:13:58 AM »

Good morning!

KevinH

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 03:14:30 AM »

Yes, nice photos, BK!

Doug R

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 03:15:36 AM »

I cooked bacon and egg for breakfast after which I got the laundry going and cleaned the microwave. Time now for coffee.

Doug R

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 03:19:11 AM »

I see that the AFI have a 70mm screening of PORGY AND BESS in September. I assume this isn't a new print? I saw the film when it was first released and it's a great shame that it's been unavailable for so long. Unfortunately I didn't see it in its 70mm roadshow presentation but saw it on general release - at a very packed cinema I recall. 

Ben

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 04:27:22 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2012, 04:28:27 AM »

Good Morning

I Will Be On Vacation For One Week to Return On July 9..See Ya Then

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 05:12:14 AM »

Good morning, all.

Have a great vacation, ArnoldMBrockman.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 05:15:45 AM »

Good morning, all!

DR ArnoldMBrockman, enjoy your holiday! I hope wherever you go or whatever you are doing, you are out of the heat, enjoying cool refreshment and good times with friends and family. I look forward to your report.

I have another lazy day and I am looking forward to it. I have to find those BALLET BALLADS proofs and get to work on them.

DR TCB, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's condition.

DR JohnG, before you watch that dreadful Puppet People film, get very drunk.

I don't know if we should be happy or concerned that DR MBarnum is seeing MAGIC MIKE today; much as I hopeand pray to God for a cure for his erotomania, I fear this may only aggravate it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 05:20:46 AM »

Good morning to all
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2012, 05:23:05 AM »

Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2012, 05:26:10 AM »

Last night I watched a VHS copy of the 1953 Disney film THE SWORD AND THE ROSE, which I hadn't seen since its first release when I was six or seven. After all the seasons of THE TUDORSwith their bumping humping grinding nudity and skinny Henry VIII, it was interesting to see Disney's take on a Victorian novel's look at the same Tudor court. I quite enjoyed the film. The color was beautiful, and late in the film, when Glynis Johns as Mary Tudor, Henry VIII's sister, slugged villain Michael Gough with an oar, I had a sense of deja vu and was back in the Middletown OhioParamount Theatre, where I first saw the film.

It was interesting to see a film where Katherine of Aragon isn't a suffering victim of Henry's adultery but a bitch, and I womder if the pretty young thing dancing the La Volta with Henry was Anne Boleyn. I loved the actor playing Henry, and both Richard Todd and Glynis Johns  look like fantasies of  Disney heroes and heroines. It was a great deal of fun, and I've discovered that the film isavailable on DVD as a "special" to members of the Disney Movie Club. I may have to join to get myself a copy.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Doug R

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2012, 05:43:16 AM »

Good Morning

I Will Be On Vacation For One Week to Return On July 9..See Ya Then

Arnold - With today's technology, where you can be in the desert or the middle of the ocean and still get on the internet, that's no excuse.  ;D

Doug R

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2012, 05:49:27 AM »

Last night I watched a VHS copy of the 1953 Disney film THE SWORD AND THE ROSE, which I hadn't seen since its first release when I was six or seven. After all the seasons of THE TUDORSwith their bumping humping grinding nudity and skinny Henry VIII, it was interesting to see Disney's take on a Victorian novel's look at the same Tudor court. I quite enjoyed the film. The color was beautiful, and late in the film, when Glynis Johns as Mary Tudor, Henry VIII's sister, slugged villain Michael Gough with an oar, I had a sense of deja vu and was back in the Middletown OhioParamount Theatre, where I first saw the film.

It was interesting to see a film where Katherine of Aragon isn't a suffering victim of Henry's adultery but a bitch, and I womder if the pretty young thing dancing the La Volta with Henry was Anne Boleyn. I loved the actor playing Henry, and both Richard Todd and Glynis Johns  look like fantasies of  Disney heroes and heroines. It was a great deal of fun, and I've discovered that the film isavailable on DVD as a "special" to members of the Disney Movie Club. I may have to join to get myself a copy.

Never saw that - it would be interesting to see it. Unfortunately Disney haven't taken much interest in making available their early '50s live action films.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2012, 06:22:53 AM »

Never saw that - it would be interesting to see it. Unfortunately Disney haven't taken much interest in making available their early '50s live action films.

I don't recall ever seeing that one either.
You can dream…or you can do.

Kerry

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2012, 06:50:32 AM »

Happy Canada Day to all you guys up there!
I like boat races.

ChasSmith

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2012, 06:58:01 AM »

Good morning, world.

Heat and cooling and safety and health VIBES to all.  Have we heard from any of our DRs in the path of yesterday's storm?

Here's to July, when the corn is, or should be, as high as an elephant's eye.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2012, 07:28:52 AM »

hello, good bye

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2012, 07:32:41 AM »

Alas, I was e&t yesterday.  I was a tough day.  Starting with breaking up another dog fight with DD's 2 & 3 and of course being injured in the process.  Not a good way to start the day.  Legally Blonde callbacks went well and I do believe we have all but 1 person for our cast providing everyone accepts.  We'll know more later in the week.  I played and sung a wedding in the afternoon which was great.  Then the DP and I went to PF Changs for dinner, got some frozen yogurt and came home.  Upon coming home, there was this HUGE party two doors down from us and a live mariachi band had just begun to play.  So, I sat in my backyard like so much fish and listened to the band until it got too chilly to be outside. 

That was my Saturday.   Now I'm off to church for the morning and I'll plan on catching up around these parts in the afternoon.  I need a nap already.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2012, 07:32:46 AM »

Shocking and sad news about DR TCB's classmate.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2012, 07:34:34 AM »

Such lovely photos from MR BK.

Yes DR CHAS SMITH - I am hoping that MR BK's recording of FOLLIES is my ticket to understanding the show - or at least liking it a little more.  I think I have all of the Midnite Movie series DVD's......I enjoy most of them.....

DR JOHN G I hope you enjoy Miss June Kenney in her defining role in ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE......

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2012, 07:35:24 AM »

Today is July 1 - and shortly I will be on my way to the theatre to begin construction on the set of THE CURIOUS SAVAGE.  Hopefully we will have plenty of people there, and everyone will be in a good mood.....  One out of two would be okay.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up