Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: NATCH, GLORIA, NATCH  (Read 8749 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: NATCH, GLORIA, NATCH
« Reply #90 on: July 03, 2012, 12:49:40 PM »

Page 4
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #91 on: July 03, 2012, 12:52:52 PM »

Wow. That sounds like fun. I think Ebersole would make a good choice of Desiree. Very different from Catherine ZJ/Bernadette. I loved her in "Gray Gardens" and her days on Saturday Night Live. I also hear she was an amazing Lily Garland in "On the Twentieth Century."

DR Elmore and I saw her as Ado Annie on Broadway - 32 (yikes!) years ago.

You were allowed to date in the 8th grade?

LOL - you're too kind, DR TCB!

Of  course, I think that Richard might be in trouble for trasporting a minor across state lines.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2012, 12:57:24 PM »

Page 4?  This will not do.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2012, 12:58:13 PM »

Richard wasn't with me on that trip to NYC in 1980.  I was there for the American Library Association convention and played hooky a couple of times to play with DR Elmore, who had recently moved there.  This was in June/July and Richard and I became engaged September.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2012, 12:58:57 PM »

I'm about to brave the heat to do some errands.  Thank goodness my car is air conditioned.

Bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Doug R

« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2012, 01:00:09 PM »

DR DOUG R - according to the Chinese - dreaming of rats is a harbinger of good luck.

That's a relief.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #96 on: July 03, 2012, 01:09:36 PM »

Richard wasn't with me on that trip to NYC in 1980.  I was there for the American Library Association convention and played hooky a couple of times to play with DR Elmore, who had recently moved there.  This was in June/July and Richard and I became engaged September.

Oh, alright, as long as you were with Uncle Elmore.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #97 on: July 03, 2012, 01:13:28 PM »

DR DOUG R - according to the Chinese - dreaming of rats is a harbinger of good luck.

That's a relief.

Unless the rat in the dream is eaitng popcorn!
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #98 on: July 03, 2012, 01:32:41 PM »

Underpants!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: July 03, 2012, 01:47:02 PM »

Back from a sandwich and onion rings, and picking up a couple of packages - a new Swedish crime show starring Rolf Lassgard (Wallander, Beck), so that will be fun, and a lovely gift elmore bought me - the new book about Henry Mancini by John Caps.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2012, 01:57:44 PM »

Wow. That sounds like fun. I think Ebersole would make a good choice of Desiree. Very different from Catherine ZJ/Bernadette. I loved her in "Gray Gardens" and her days on Saturday Night Live. I also hear she was an amazing Lily Garland in "On the Twentieth Century."

No, we did not see her, nor Laurence Guittard. She had already left the show ro play Guenevere in CAMELOT with Richard Burton. We saw Susan Bigelow as Ado Annie and Joel Higgins as Curly.

I worked with La Ebersole on a Chicago Humanities Festival concert several years ago. If it's not about her, she isn't fun to be around. It was about Harold Arlen and she sang a terrific "Man That Got Away," but she was like Godzilla looking for Tokyo, a real bundle of charm.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 02:01:04 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Doug R

« Reply #101 on: July 03, 2012, 02:00:20 PM »

It's a long time since I had a burger so I had one this evening with bacon, cheese, egg and fries. Which was as good as it sounds.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2012, 02:05:17 PM »

Well, Wednesday afternon before July 4 is as horrifying as the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, with everyone trying to get out of town. I got to the bus stop as the No 7 bus pulled out and had to wait 30 minutes for the next one. Traffic crept up Sixth Avenue and i had to contend with a ginormous black woman and her four children, the youngest of whom was around 3 and needs two things: some discipline and to be kept in a coma 24/7. It was aslow ride from hell.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: July 03, 2012, 02:05:50 PM »

Back from a sandwich and onion rings, and picking up a couple of packages - a new Swedish crime show starring Rolf Lassgard (Wallander, Beck), so that will be fun, and a lovely gift elmore bought me - the new book about Henry Mancini by John Caps.

Enjoy, Brucie!  As soon as I saw it, I thought of you.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: July 03, 2012, 02:08:50 PM »

I'm pondering dinner options: pastrami on rye or Chinese? or Mexican?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2012, 02:19:37 PM »

I bought a tree trimming device and it's quite heavy.  I just spent an hour outside trimming the much-needed trimming of tree branches and leaves off the tree in front of my house.  I believe I have pulled every muscle in my upper body and it's just taken me five entire minutes to type this post.

FJL

« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2012, 02:24:25 PM »

Well, Wednesday afternon before July 4 is as horrifying as the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, with everyone trying to get out of town. I got to the bus stop as the No 7 bus pulled out and had to wait 30 minutes for the next one. Traffic crept up Sixth Avenue and i had to contend with a ginormous black woman and her four children, the youngest of whom was around 3 and needs two things: some discipline and to be kept in a coma 24/7. It was aslow ride from hell.

But the good news is it's Tuesday, so you still have Wednesday to look forward to!!!!!!!!   :)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2012, 02:30:21 PM »

No, we did not see her, nor Laurence Guittard. She had already left the show ro play Guenevere in CAMELOT with Richard Burton. We saw Susan Bigelow as Ado Annie and Joel Higgins as Curly.

I worked with La Ebersole on a Chicago Humanities Festival concert several years ago. If it's not about her, she isn't fun to be around. It was about Harold Arlen and she sang a terrific "Man That Got Away," but she was like Godzilla looking for Tokyo, a real bundle of charm.
Well  then, I'll just stay in the audience and not get any closer.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2012, 02:46:33 PM »

She was good in the revival of BLITHE SPIRIT but it was All About Her; I'm sure she was in Hog Heaven. i prefer to work with team players.

ChasSmith

« Reply #109 on: July 03, 2012, 03:18:08 PM »

It's a long time since I had a burger so I had one this evening with bacon, cheese, egg and fries. Which was as good as it sounds.

Want!

I haven't had a burger with egg in years.  In fact, I've only ever had one in one place, and because I'm a good reader I know it's one that MR BK will recognize:  Hamburger Hamlet -- a place I miss more than I can say, and I could speak more of it sometime when I'm not about to run out the door for a fireworks par-tay.

Had to check real fast, though -- according to the World Wide Web, it still exists in a few locations.  I wonder if the food and ambience are ANYTHING like they used to be.  (I shall assume not.)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2012, 03:25:29 PM »

The postman delivered my copy of the new lorenz Hart biography today. I guess I will spend the evening checking it out.

I decided on Chinese food for dinner. It's just arrived.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 03:30:20 PM by elmore3003 »

MBarnum

« Reply #111 on: July 03, 2012, 03:48:18 PM »

Speaking of postmen, DR ChasSmith, you copy of LURE OF THE SWAMP and REFORM SCHOOL GIRL are on their way to you now.

When watching REFORM SCHOOL GIRL, note that one of the girls at the reform school is played by my dear friend Diana Darrin.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: July 03, 2012, 04:24:05 PM »

Waiting to do a telephonic interview about the book with the woman who writes for Marilyn Beck's syndicated column.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: July 03, 2012, 04:28:48 PM »

Waiting to do a telephonic interview about the book with the woman who writes for Marilyn Beck's syndicated column.

Give 'em hell!

KevinH

« Reply #114 on: July 03, 2012, 04:37:37 PM »

I loved Christine in Grey Gardens.

KevinH

« Reply #115 on: July 03, 2012, 04:38:54 PM »

I kept thinking it was Friday all day today.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: July 03, 2012, 04:56:12 PM »

Phoner was really fun.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: July 03, 2012, 04:56:24 PM »

Haven't we been on page four for just a wee bit too long?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: July 03, 2012, 04:57:54 PM »

Just read that Andy Griffith has died.

Goober died in May, Andy died today, I fear that Gomer is not far behind them.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: July 03, 2012, 05:05:29 PM »

Just one more..........
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up