Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: AN EVENING WITH STEVE  (Read 8455 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: AN EVENING WITH STEVE
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2012, 07:52:01 AM »

The more I think about last night, he probably thought I was one of the group of people who were donors.  I don't know what he thought, but I am bringing it up - he knew I was coming backstage because HE arranged it.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2012, 07:52:58 AM »

I've started working on a new play; a multiple character one about Hollywood Legends.

No, I'm not going to reveal the names of the subjects, but it is a very juicy story.

::)
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2012, 07:54:45 AM »

We watched THE DEVIL'S DOUBLE last night.

Though it contains some brutal, very disturbing scenes, it's an excellent film with a terrific performance by Dominic Cooper.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2012, 08:56:14 AM »

More news from Dublin: Jonathan's father and partner were broken into last night, beaten up with crow bars and interrogated by armed raiders.  I feel so sorry for him! I'm waiting for further news.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2012, 09:01:06 AM »

More news from Dublin: Jonathan's father and partner were broken into last night, beaten up with crow bars and interrogated by armed raiders.  I feel so sorry for him! I'm waiting for further news.

That's terrible.  Please keep us informed.

Ginny

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2012, 09:41:47 AM »

How awful - hope they're OK...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2012, 10:37:02 AM »

I found the story:
http://www.i4u.com/2012/07/dublin-ireland/couple-bray-tied-during-burglary-ordeal

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/irishsun/irishsunnews/4428733/Couple-left-tied-up-by-armed-burglars.html
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 10:38:52 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2012, 10:53:48 AM »

Interesting notes on your close personal friend, BK. Makes such statements all the more revealing. Did he say if he's working on something new (a "Sunday in the Park" reference)?

I don't know how involved he is, but a director in California is doing something with his work and the poetry of Bukowski. I can hardly wait.

Yes, but that show is supposedly staying only in California, much as I would love to see it
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2012, 10:54:53 AM »

that is terrible. 
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2012, 11:58:51 AM »

MBarnum, I can't remember if anyone told you but "Smash" had a Bollywood scene. It's in the episode Publicity and it's about 25 minutes, if you want to fast-forward to it.

http://www.nbc.com/smash/episode-guide/

― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2012, 12:00:06 PM »

I found the story:
http://www.i4u.com/2012/07/dublin-ireland/couple-bray-tied-during-burglary-ordeal

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/irishsun/irishsunnews/4428733/Couple-left-tied-up-by-armed-burglars.html

DR Elmore, this sounds very similar to what happened to Loyce's friends here in town.  Remember they were telling us about it at a party a few Christmases back?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2012, 12:18:41 PM »

Back from various and sundried doings and goings.  I went and had bacon and eggs and toast.  Then I took a rather brisk and energizing two-and-a-half mile walk west on Ventura Blvd.  I never do that, so it was kind of pleasant, actually.  Then I went to Staples for a few supplies, then did some errands and whatnot, picked up no packages, and am now home, wilted from the humidity and heat, which is high in both instances.

Doug R

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2012, 12:38:31 PM »

Last night's forecast was for an improvement in the weather. I wonder, therefore, why it was that I woke up with torrential rain and it's continued raining for most of the day.

Doug R

« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2012, 12:39:48 PM »

Had another fun day filing masses of paper.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2012, 12:48:20 PM »

I have been watching the British sitcom MIRANDA. Lots of slapstick. I think it's a hoot.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2012, 01:06:25 PM »

I found the story:

DR Elmore, this sounds very similar to what happened to Loyce's friends here in town.  Remember they were telling us about it at a party a few Christmases back?

I thought the same when I read the articles. 

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2012, 01:14:47 PM »

:o

~~Vibes!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2012, 01:30:12 PM »

I just came across this article:  Judy Kuhn and Melissa Errico Cast in ‘Passion’ Revival!

I remember when I first heard of Melissa Errico and at times I really thought that I was listening to Judy Kuhn.  I think that they have very similar voices...and I love them both. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Danise

« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2012, 01:59:27 PM »

I guess I owe the folks in dublin an apology. 

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2012, 02:00:17 PM »

John had a nice service.  I met a lot of good people there who knew  him.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 02:05:29 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2012, 02:02:51 PM »

I found out I misread the script the doctor gave me.  I thought it said "spiral KUB" but the way it was on the script was

spiral
KUB

In other words 2 different tests.  Who knew?

The tech sure thought it was funny that I came up with a whole new kind of test. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2012, 02:32:12 PM »

Oh my gosh, that is horrible!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2012, 02:36:35 PM »

Interesting notes on your close personal friend, BK. Makes such statements all the more revealing. Did he say if he's working on something new (a "Sunday in the Park" reference)?

I don't know how involved he is, but a director in California is doing something with his work and the poetry of Bukowski. I can hardly wait.

Yes, but that show is supposedly staying only in California, much as I would love to see it

You are allowed to go to California - without a passport.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2012, 02:42:45 PM »

You are allowed to go to California - without a passport.

At least I think you are.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2012, 02:56:03 PM »

I guess I owe the folks in dublin an apology. 

Why?
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2012, 03:33:18 PM »

OMG is it hot here today!

Jennifer

« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2012, 03:33:51 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2012, 03:36:54 PM »

Still on Page 2?

Oh, no no no, this will not do!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2012, 03:37:31 PM »

I finished Season 1 of MIRANDA, and I'll watch Season 2 tonight/

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2012, 03:38:00 PM »

After that, I'll read a bit of the new Lorenz Hart biography and go to bed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up