Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: AN EVENING WITH STEVE  (Read 8616 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: AN EVENING WITH STEVE
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2012, 06:06:14 PM »

I have the Lackberg book here but haven't read it, obviously - I'm trying to find the movie with subtitles.  I love the Swedish film of Let the Right One In.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2012, 06:56:12 PM »

Tonight we are going to watch THE ARTIST.  The tv is larger in Craig's room so I figure it will be a good movie to watch in there.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2012, 07:02:41 PM »

'night

Cillaliz

« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2012, 07:07:35 PM »

More news from Dublin: Jonathan's father and partner were broken into last night, beaten up with crow bars and interrogated by armed raiders.  I feel so sorry for him! I'm waiting for further news.

Oh my, that is terrible. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2012, 07:14:52 PM »

This morning I went to Sioux Falls to visit my brother.  He's doing well but has a really long way to go.  He was very glad to have me keep him company, but also didn't get much sleep last night so he was very tired.   When he has company, he chats and apologizes when he falls asleep.  I finally suggested that I should leave so he could sleep all afternoon before his wife came back.   He decided that was a good idea. I'm really glad I went. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2012, 07:15:56 PM »

The associated press called my office about a new client, but I wasn't there so I was mentioned as not returning their call, lolghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhcx\

that last line was Ricky walking across the keyboard

Cillaliz

« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2012, 07:17:40 PM »

I went to the jail when I got back because I didn't have time on Friday to go visit the same client.  I was very glad to find out he bonded out so my guilt at not visiting yesterday when I was really pooped out, was eased somewhat

Cillaliz

« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2012, 07:20:57 PM »

Last night I watched Abraham Lincoln v. The Zombies. It gave me a whole new view of history :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2012, 07:23:08 PM »

This afternoon was REALLY hot out.  After lunch I came home and ended up taking a 5 hour nap.   If I was that tired I can't imagine how tired everyone who was with David for the past few days must be.   He told them not to go back to Sioux Falls tonight so they can get rest.

Cillaliz

« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2012, 07:23:41 PM »

Just had a text from him.  He's thanked me for visiting and is going to bed now.   

Cillaliz

« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2012, 07:25:46 PM »

The cats slept with me all day.  It was nice.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2012, 07:29:14 PM »

Page four?  Do I need to do something CONTROVERSIAL?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2012, 07:29:19 PM »

Tack.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2012, 07:29:24 PM »

Bra.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2012, 07:29:30 PM »

Puss puss.

Cillaliz

« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2012, 07:32:46 PM »

I want to check for the northern lights tongiht, but I'm afraid it will be cloudy

Cillaliz

« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2012, 07:33:14 PM »

We had about .10 inches of rain today.  In the upper 90s and will stay there for days Yuck

Cillaliz

« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2012, 07:39:28 PM »

Time to find something to eat. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2012, 07:57:31 PM »

We had .10 inches of extreme heat today.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2012, 07:57:36 PM »

Tack.

FJL

« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2012, 08:11:07 PM »

The associated press called my office about a new client, but I wasn't there so I was mentioned as not returning their call, lolghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhcx\

Is that for real, Cilla, or are you kidding around?   Am i being a humorless yutz, or are you saying when they say so-and-so didn't return our request for comment like it's a big deal, all it means is that they made a call and they didn't reach the person and didn't wait to hear back yet before they went right to press???????  Maybe I'm just being humorless (meaning that I think what the AP does is ridiculous, that is)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 08:14:23 PM by FJL »

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2012, 08:20:19 PM »

I just came across this article:  Judy Kuhn and Melissa Errico Cast in ‘Passion’ Revival!

I remember when I first heard of Melissa Errico and at times I really thought that I was listening to Judy Kuhn.  I think that they have very similar voices...and I love them both. :D
What a cast.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2012, 08:21:17 PM »

Is that for real, Cilla, or are you kidding around?   Am i being a humorless yutz, or are you saying when they say so-and-so didn't return our request for comment like it's a big deal, all it means is that they made a call and they didn't reach the person and didn't wait to hear back yet before they went right to press???????  Maybe I'm just being humorless (meaning that I think what the AP does is ridiculous, that is)
That's business as usual for journalists. Especially on Saturdays.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2012, 08:23:00 PM »

From DR John G:

Jane, your Sam is featured in a fun musical number staged to "Dance to the Music" in an episode called "The Coup." Great fun.

Thank you.  I'll look for it.
I finished the first season, and his character did grow and develop. He's featured in the last two episodes a fair bit.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2012, 08:24:22 PM »

A couple of days ago I got an e-mail from a lady looking to sell a Follies poster with the great BYRD art.  She asked if I could steer her somewhere to sell it - I asked her for a photo and told her I could find her a buyer in ten seconds and to send me the price she wanted.  This is no ordinary poster - this is a 4 foot by 6 foot huge subway poster - it's amazing.  I bought it in ten seconds.  Just have to figure out how to safely ship from NY to LA - I told her to go to a UPS Store kind of place and that I knew it would probably cost a hundred or more to ship, but they know how to do it.  If it's a professional shipper the glass will be fine - if not, I'll have her remove the glass and I'll replace that here.
Color me green with envy.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2012, 08:26:19 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Let's just say that I don't wish to repeat last week.
Vibes for a better week ahead.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2012, 08:28:02 PM »

Watching "Pennies from Heaven" for the first time in years. The Steve Martin version. It's not as good as the original, but it really sweeps me up in it. I remember the day it opened, I sat through it twice back to back.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2012, 08:33:40 PM »

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Sioux-City-man-charged-in-deadly-crash-3705795.php

It's an AP story.  I don't think it's a big deal that I didn't return the call, but they put it in the article. But if you're asking what happened, they left a message on my voicemail late Friday afternoon and I didn't get the message until this afternoon. It was in the paper this morning.  It just means what it says, that you haven't returned the call. 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 08:38:08 PM by Cillaliz »

John G.

« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2012, 08:35:47 PM »

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Sioux-City-man-charged-in-deadly-crash-3705795.php

It's an AP story.  I don't think it's a big deal that I didn't return the call, but they put it in the article.
I'm kinda surprised though that they mentioned you by name. That seems odd to me.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2012, 08:35:58 PM »

One more.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up