Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: FALL ASLEEPING  (Read 14229 times)

ChasSmith

Re: FALL ASLEEPING
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2012, 08:53:10 AM »

UNBELIEVABLE.

ChasSmith

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2012, 09:02:38 AM »

Just watched a little of the opening ceremonies in 3-D.  It's quite impressive, even given that in certain shots the resulting resolution on TV is more akin to standard def than high def.  But well worth enjoying for a while.  I didn't get up at 5 a.m. to see the beginning, so I'm hoping this channel will repeat again later on so I can see the Danny Boyle extravaganza in 3-D.

ChasSmith

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2012, 09:03:25 AM »

But also:  No voice-over network commentaries!   :)

ChasSmith

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2012, 09:04:48 AM »

Some nice "Follies" comments so far on CastRecL !!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2012, 09:05:31 AM »

I've been to Best Buy; the only portable air conditioner brand they're carrying is Frigidaire. the price is $379, which is good, but I had a lot of questions - like if I plug it into a regular power strip will I blow every fuse in the apartment - but I couldn't get any clerk to give me the time of day. I finally left, and on the way out, I stopped a clerk and told him they had employed a lot of asses and left.

So, I am still not sure of how to proceed. I sent an email to my landlord this morning, telling him I was still awaiting his return phone call and that we should discuss a new stove and refrigerator since I'm still using the ones that were here when I moved in 33 years ago.

The air is so humid it's like walking through a fog. Ugh.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 09:22:18 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2012, 09:07:27 AM »

I'm thinking about a cold bath and doing nothing else today but watch tv.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2012, 09:08:31 AM »

TOD:

I've worn so many hats over the years, that it is difficult to pick only one thing that has given me pleasure, so I'll break my answer down into categories.

PUBLICIST:

The Best Song Oscar campaign for "A World That Never Was," written by Paul Francis Webster and Sammy Fain

PLAYWRIGHT:

JOLSON

SCREENWRITER:

CHEYENNE WARRIOR

BOOK:

MY FORTY-FIVE YEARS IN HOLLYWOOD AND HOW I ESCAPED ALIVE
You can dream…or you can do.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2012, 09:13:04 AM »

Fall Asleeping - exactly the title of my notes about Spring Awakening   I'm just so afraid I'm going to be ask to MD it and I'll suck it up, dive into the piece and like it.  I really don't, though. 
I saw the original production. What I remember most is seeing John Kander in the audience. And a few pieces of Bill T. Jones' choreography.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2012, 09:14:31 AM »

I've been to Best Buy; the only portable air conditioner brandthey're carrying is Frigidaire. the price is $379, which is good, but I had a lot of questions - like if I plug it into a regular power strip will I blow every fuse in the apartment - but I couldn't getany clerk to give me the time of day. I finally left, and on the way out, I stopped a clerk and told him they had employed a lot of asses and left.

So, I am still not sure of how to proceed. I sent an email to my landlord this morning, telling him I was still awaiting his return phone call and that we should discuss a new stove and refrigerator since I'm still using the ones that were here when I moved in 33 years ago.

And people wonder why Best Buy is on the verge of going under some time in the next year or so.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2012, 09:15:45 AM »

The guy responded with a one-sentence reply that was snippy and concluded with sorry for the inconvenience - not addressing one single point in my e-mail about having the courtesy to contact us first (we're easy to contact - phone numbers, e-mail - it's all on the site and easy to find) or doing a complaint.  Then he wrote back and said he's not an expert on paypal, etc. and that he was on the phone with them to shut it down.  I responded and reiterated all the points of my first e-mail, told him I'm happy to get his tracking number to him, and to let me know when the dispute was dismissed, which it STILL isn't.

John G.

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2012, 09:18:37 AM »

In honor of the new Follies, I'm watching the bootleg of the Papermill Playhouse production. Fairly good video and often very good sound. Really enjoying most everybody in the cast. Dee Hoty's singing "Could I Leave You?" now.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2012, 09:25:40 AM »

I am listening to BK's recording of THE BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS. The original production, with Carlin Glynn, Henderson Forsyth, and Susan Mansur, is one of the most brilliant, funny, and heartbreaking shows I've ever seen.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2012, 09:26:54 AM »

Good Morning! Good Afternoon!

I'm up, I'm up... And Julia Murney's mom is about to make pancakes!
Make Your Own Luck.

ChasSmith

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2012, 09:29:22 AM »

No "Follies" sightings in Western Connecticut today, but I just got two other great packages --

From Amazon (SINGIN' IN THE RAIN Blu-ray), and Amazon UK (Masters of Cinema TOUCH OF EVIL, THE LOST WEEKEND, DOUBLE INDEMNITY).
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 10:05:20 AM by ChasSmith »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2012, 09:31:25 AM »

Last night's rehearsal dinner was amazing. Funny, moving and joyous! A swath of rain just moved over the area, and, hopefully, it will stay clear until this afternoon. The actual ceremony is short, and that's the only part of the nuptial festivities that were rehearsed "en plain air". Everything else can take place under the big tent that's been set up on the property.

*The Officiants are Moisés Kaufman and Doug Wright. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2012, 09:32:06 AM »

He's "trying" to get hold of Paypal.  Meanwhile, I've already provided paypal with the tracking information, and I also sent the guy the tracking information, which shows his package arrived at the Palm Springs post office at eight this morning.  So, I don't know if that means he'll have it today or Monday but it will be one of those two days.  And it shows that it was shipped on Thursday.  He's trying to call paypal - I told him to just go on their site and shut it down.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2012, 09:34:45 AM »

BK - I had read the press releases about that SPRING AWAKENING concert, but just had to wonder, "Didn't they just do a production of SA in LA?"

On a related note: If there's ever an open call for a production of SPRING AWAKENING in NYC, try your best to be nowhere near the audition venue. The Drama!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2012, 10:02:50 AM »

Hopefully, FOLLIES will be waiting for me at my mail place on Monday.
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2012, 10:19:32 AM »

Well, whoever did the video of Follies skipped the ending. It gets to the point where Phyllis says "I'm right here" to Ben and then nothing. Oh well.
― Voltaire

Danise

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2012, 10:26:32 AM »

Hi all!  There is indeed  FOLLIES sighting right here in beautiful uptown Seffner, FL!   I went out and ran a few errands, came home, opened my mailbox and there it sat!  I quickly brought it into the home environment and will enjoy it shortly after I get everything purchased put away.

The dogs made out like bandits again.  They got everything from food to treats, a new ball (I bought that because it was the kind that Toby likes and the last time I needed to replace it I had to go to 4 different Walmarts to find it) and a large economy popper scooper.  Not the most glamorous purchase but one of lives necessaries.  All thirty dollars of it.

I also got my hairs cut.  Then I had to come home because one of the things I hate is all the little hairs that are on your neck when they get done.  It didn't take long with the heat to make me start to sweat and those hairs were tickling.  Couldn't wait to get home and take a quick shower.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

John G.

« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2012, 10:35:26 AM »

It arrived in the mail!
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2012, 10:47:00 AM »

And...

Time to get ready for today's wedding... Guess I should have packed my Welllies.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2012, 10:47:42 AM »

First Post!  Yay!

I have bad news.  I woke up because I was HOT.  Had to get the ladder and go into the attic.  You guessed it.  The pan was full of water.  What's scary is that only took 2 days instead of 2 weeks!  I shall have to call the company on Monday.

:(

Jane

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2012, 10:51:02 AM »

TOD: About 15 years ago, when I was living in Florida, I found myself in charge of the newspaper office that I working in for about 15 days straight. We covered -- and dealt with -- freak floods, local politics, murders, all the great things that newspaper life is all about. On the last day, we got word that a pod of whales was threatening to beach themselves because one of the mothers had a sick calf. So, I got a photographer up in an airplane to get images of the pod, and I arranged for a reporter to get on a boat to go interview the rescuers that were trying to head them off. I also talked the rest of us into getting on the boat. Off we went. Every energizing trip, and the rescue attempt was successful, even though the calf did not survive. We had everything written, edited and in before deadline, and it was good work. I still have a photo hanging in my house of the pod. Oh, yeah, and the competition didn't have the story, which is always a good feeling on top of everything else.

Great story!

Jane

« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2012, 10:53:16 AM »

I've been to Best Buy; the only portable air conditioner brandthey're carrying is Frigidaire. the price is $379, which is good, but I had a lot of questions - like if I plug it into a regular power strip will I blow every fuse in the apartment - but I couldn't getany clerk to give me the time of day. I finally left, and on the way out, I stopped a clerk and told him they had employed a lot of asses and left.

And people wonder why Best Buy is on the verge of going under some time in the next year or so.

Overall I've been pleased with the service in our local store.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2012, 10:53:20 AM »

Well, I am looking forward to comments.  Someone has already complained about one page of the booklet - the song list (which is on the inlay card) - we simply used the insert of the song list that came with the LP, which we thought was fun.  It's a little hard to read but isn't really there other than for fun and, of course, it doesn't have One More Kiss because that wasn't on the LP.  Otherwise he thought it was great.  There's one post on the Cast Recordings Facebook page - all the stuff I've seen so far have said it's a revelation and like you're hearing it for the first time.  This guy clearly likes it, but basically just says it sounds smoother (it does) and with the vocals clearer and the balances better.  All good.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2012, 10:53:35 AM »

Did a three-mile jog and shall now go do stuff.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2012, 10:54:04 AM »

DR FJL, I just found your call. You must have called during my search down Broadway for air conditioners. I'm sorry I missed you, but thanks for the information.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2012, 10:59:54 AM »

Paypal dispute has been closed.

ChasSmith

« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2012, 11:07:15 AM »

And that's reason enough to move on to...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up