Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: FALL ASLEEPING  (Read 14330 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: FALL ASLEEPING
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2012, 12:40:10 PM »

Page four!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2012, 12:40:39 PM »

Back from stuff.  I'm afraid that after two months of biting my tongue I just went ballistic with the workers who are doing heaven knows what to the house across the street, which we're now finding out may not belong to the daughter of Annette.  They've been taking up every parking space around, including all the spaces in front of my house.  They eat their lunch in the shade on my lawn by the street.  And today, having to squeeze into the only tiny place available I'd had it.  I began getting very angry and none of the fellow standing around would even answer or look in my direction.  Finally, one of the tree trimmers came to me and asked if I wanted to see the boss - yes was my answer and a minute later I had the boss.  I told him that other people actually live in this neighborhood and that we've had it day in and day out with all the spaces being taken by workers.  He promised it would not happen again, apologized, and had five of the trucks instantly moved.  Frankly, I think they're prepping the house to sell - you can see in the windows see-through things hanging where there were never things hanging and there's no furniture anywhere.

I don't think I would want to cross you this week.  So, just ignore my pay Pal complaint when you get it.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 12:43:04 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2012, 12:46:19 PM »

I on the other hand am headed for work.  Perhaps FOLLIES will be awaiting me on my return.

I have my packages sent to my work because someone will always be there to sign for deliveries, so I'll have to wait until Monday...at the earliest.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2012, 12:47:03 PM »

You won't believe it - someone DID open a paypal dispute saying they haven't received Follies yet.  I took the gloves off and if the e-mail I wrote goes through (he's on AOL and obviously a complete idiot) he will understand just how quickly he'd best shut it down.  He's in Palm Springs and probably will get his CD today, but I have his tracking info (waiting for the helper to get it) and I will provide it to paypal and they will shut him down.

Not only that - it's not even a complaint so that I could have responded right on paypal - he took it directly to a dispute so that I can not respond.  What an ASS.  I'm calling paypal when I get back.

The nerve of some people! >:(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2012, 12:47:13 PM »

Paypal dispute has been closed.

Good!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2012, 12:47:25 PM »

That man (or woman) only buys CDs of shows they have seen with the cast that they saw?  How sad.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2012, 12:48:44 PM »

That man (or woman) only buys CDs of shows they have seen with the cast that they saw?  How sad.

I would have a very small collection of CDs.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2012, 12:50:46 PM »

I thought the AC was included.  Are the other appliances built in ;)

Sorry, I am probably wrong.

I re-read it and you could be correct.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2012, 12:51:22 PM »

I thought the AC was included.  Are the other appliances built in ;)

Sorry, I am probably wrong.

I re-read it and you could be correct.

I guess we are both trying to read Ben's mind.   ;)
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2012, 12:57:32 PM »

Larry, hate to open a can of worms for you but if your landlord replaces your stove and fridge, he has the right to increase your rent to cover the cost. Even if you purchase the appliances, he can still raise your rent, in perpetuity, for new appliances. It's part of a rent-stabilized lease. I know, I've looked into the situation. You may be able to negotiate the increase with the landlord. Just be aware of his advantage in this matter.

Thanks, DR Ben. I am aware they could do that. Even so, I need a new stove and fridge. Even if they rase my rent $10/month, I can live with that. I might not be happy at $20 or 30.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2012, 12:57:43 PM »

:)

Jane

« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2012, 12:58:40 PM »

I'm heading out to meet a friend for lunch.  After lunch we are going to pick up some flowers to take to a woman in our book group who is recovering from a stroke.  The woman sounds great on the phone & I believe is progressing well.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2012, 12:58:52 PM »

You notice I didn't say that anyone was trying to read elmore's mind!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2012, 12:59:49 PM »

I'm heading out to meet a friend for lunch.  After lunch we are going to pick up some flowers to take to a woman in our book group who is recovering from a stroke.  The woman sounds great on the phone & I believe is progressing well.

~~~~~~~~~~Vibes to your book group friend!~~~~~~~~~~~~
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2012, 01:01:09 PM »

That was a word  to the wise.

FOLLIES arrived, along with Bach Motets. Which should I listen to?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2012, 01:06:53 PM »

The guy who complained about the musicians not being listed is - a musician who, in fact, played on the Follies revival.  I told him if he wanted to call Tunick and get me a list of the original band that I'd put it on the website, as we do for our soundtracks.  That seemed to make him happy.  elmore probably knows him.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: July 28, 2012, 01:13:59 PM »

The guy who complained about the musicians not being listed is - a musician who, in fact, played on the Follies revival.  I told him if he wanted to call Tunick and get me a list of the original band that I'd put it on the website, as we do for our soundtracks.  That seemed to make him happy.  elmore probably knows him.

The last time I asked about a name, it created quite a stir. I'm not asking.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2012, 01:29:25 PM »

That was a word  to the wise.

FOLLIES arrived, along with Bach Motets. Which should I listen to?

I don't know, who is older?  Bach?  Or Sondheim?
“One thing’s universal,

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2012, 01:31:13 PM »

THe Follies CD has not arrived in today's post :(    This seems to happen when a new release comes out from Kritzerland and the country gets it before the Bay Area - somewhere IN California.   <sigh> This is not a paypal dispute. 

George

« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2012, 01:31:27 PM »

~~~Vibes for Your Friend!!~~~

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2012, 01:33:07 PM »

After watching the rather stuffy Lord Sebastian Coe speak last night, it was depressing to realize that I am older than he!
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2012, 01:36:52 PM »

Saturday afternoon greetings!  I went this morning to the Methodist church that Richard and I used to attend for the memorial service for a special long-time member.  She had been a good friend of my mother-in-law's and was very tolerant during the several years that I sat behind her in the Temple Choir.  Sat with my niece Jennifer, who, along with her husband, just did a big favor for me.

I may have mentioned that Richard is at the seminary in Wisconsin until after church next Sunday.  Just before I left this morning our smoke detector started chirping, indicating that the batteries need to be replaced.  I can't reach it and was not about to get up on a step ladder.  I told Jen about it and she and Scott just stopped by to disconnect it for me.  Rob and Mary Linda will be here tomorrow and he'll put it back up after I get new batteries - it takes 2 and, of course, I only have one of the right size.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2012, 01:37:30 PM »

Has anyone heard any buzz on the street about the upcoming CHAPLIN?
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2012, 01:38:13 PM »

After the memorial service and reception, I met my successor Genevieve for lunch and did a couple of errands in the Dayton 'burbs.  When I got home, FOLLIES was in my mailbox!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2012, 01:38:37 PM »

Well, I must be going.  I have to take a shower and make myself presentable for this barbecue that I've been invited to.  I expect to be back before the show tonight.  I can't imagine it lasting four hours...but you never know. :)

Have a good day, all!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2012, 01:39:24 PM »

Saturday afternoon greetings!  I went this morning to the Methodist church that Richard and I used to attend for the memorial service for a special long-time member.  She had been a good friend of my mother-in-law's and was very tolerant during the several years that I sat behind her in the Temple Choir.  Sat with my niece Jennifer, who, along with her husband, just did a big favor for me.

I may have mentioned that Richard is at the seminary in Wisconsin until after church next Sunday.  Just before I left this morning our smoke detector started chirping, indicating that the batteries need to be replaced.  I can't reach it and was not about to get up on a step ladder.  I told Jen about it and she and Scott just stopped by to disconnect it for me.  Rob and Mary Linda will be here tomorrow and he'll put it back up after I get new batteries - it takes 2 and, of course, I only have one of the right size.

"It Takes Two"  A good name for a song.
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #116 on: July 28, 2012, 01:52:21 PM »

I went on a butterfly walk at the arboretum. Just as we were finishing, we found this very large two-tailed swallowtail sipping minerals from the damp sand.

http://andthisiswhatisawtoday.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 01:54:16 PM by Laura »
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2012, 01:55:13 PM »

I went on a butterfly walk at the arboretum. Just as we were finishing, we found this very large two-tailed swallowtail sipping minerals from the damp sand.

http://andthisiswhatisawtoday.blogspot.com/

Great photos as always.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2012, 01:57:28 PM »

I just saw that comment from "dramedy" on All That Chat.  I'm howling with laughter.  He only buys CDs of cast albums of casts he's seen.  Oh, lord.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #119 on: July 28, 2012, 02:02:03 PM »

I just saw that comment from "dramedy" on All That Chat.  I'm howling with laughter.  He only buys CDs of cast albums of casts he's seen.  Oh, lord.

I'm howling too.   He doesn't deserve a newly restored cast album... goes back to what I said about having to pass a test to qualify for a copy of something as special as the new Follies disk
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up