Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: A DEMENTED JIMINY CRICKET  (Read 17550 times)

Jennifer

Re: A DEMENTED JIMINY CRICKET
« Reply #210 on: August 02, 2012, 05:25:59 PM »

I am looking for a real-life Lisbeth Salander - anyone know such a person?

For some reason I was thinking you meant someone that looked like her. And then I read Kristin Chenoweth and cracked up. :)

(saw you meant good with computers).

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #211 on: August 02, 2012, 05:28:58 PM »

And today we have a dress-code problem with the Hibernian Club, where I am staying. "Jackets are required at all times." No, sir. Find me a new lodging.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #212 on: August 02, 2012, 05:30:27 PM »

DR JANE!!!!!  I have worked very hard all day not to see who won the all around at tonights women's gymnastics.  It is my favorite event of the whole Olympics....And you liked the photo on facebook so it came up on my page.  ARG!!!!!  I know you didn't mean to do that but man....

I am so sorry.  I feel terrible I didn't think of that.  If I hadn't just read a story about the person I wouldn't have liked it.  I will not like anymore Olympic photos again.

Jane

« Reply #213 on: August 02, 2012, 05:32:41 PM »

I "unliked" the photo.  Did doing so remove it?

Ginny

« Reply #214 on: August 02, 2012, 05:32:58 PM »

Back from my art classes, during which I received notice that I did, indeed, win the contest on Kathryn's Facebook page!  Thank you to everyone who "liked" my photo - I'll post another one of my Grand Traveler when I get it.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #215 on: August 02, 2012, 05:38:36 PM »

DR JANE!!!!!  I have worked very hard all day not to see who won the all around at tonights women's gymnastics.  It is my favorite event of the whole Olympics....And you liked the photo on facebook so it came up on my page.  ARG!!!!!  I know you didn't mean to do that but man....

I am so sorry.  I feel terrible I didn't think of that.  If I hadn't just read a story about the person I wouldn't have liked it.  I will not like anymore Olympic photos again.

I'm not mad at you.  I know you didn't mean to spoil anything, you would never do something like that on purpose.   It's not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things.  I don't know any details about what happened, so there may still be drama or other fun things to watch.  It just shocked me to see it right there when I tried so hard not to know.  I accidentally heard the winner of a swimming race I was looking forward to.  Guess tonight isn't my night to be surprised.

Cillaliz

« Reply #216 on: August 02, 2012, 05:39:21 PM »

Back from my art classes, during which I received notice that I did, indeed, win the contest on Kathryn's Facebook page!  Thank you to everyone who "liked" my photo - I'll post another one of my Grand Traveler when I get it.

congrats DR Ginny.  Now that's a photo I'm glad everyone "liked"

Cillaliz

« Reply #217 on: August 02, 2012, 05:40:41 PM »

I don't know, I "hid" the photo as soon as I saw it.

Jane

« Reply #218 on: August 02, 2012, 05:40:57 PM »

While I feel bad I don't think you are mad at me personally.  I'm glad you told me.  I didn't even realize "liking" the photo would share it with everyone of my friends. 

Jane

« Reply #219 on: August 02, 2012, 05:41:14 PM »

I don't know, I "hid" the photo as soon as I saw it.

;D

Jane

« Reply #220 on: August 02, 2012, 05:41:35 PM »

:)

Ginny

« Reply #221 on: August 02, 2012, 05:42:07 PM »

DR Cillaliz, you (and others):

Dead Tree Alert: Don't Fear the Spoiler

You may or may not agree with it, but I hope you find it interesting  ;)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #222 on: August 02, 2012, 05:44:06 PM »

DR Ginny does your book group ever change the book you plan to read after deciding on it?

I had to change our September book when we switched hostesses & have an unhappy member.  Since the original hostess had a stroke I didn't expect flack about it.  Funny because another member was thrilled not to have to read the original book.

Ginny

« Reply #223 on: August 02, 2012, 05:44:13 PM »

NPR ruined most of tonight's Olympics for me and Facebook finished it off.  Not that I think they'll show the story that was revealed on Facebook - a Middletown girl won the gold for women's judo.

Ginny

« Reply #224 on: August 02, 2012, 05:45:14 PM »

DR Ginny does your book group ever change the book you plan to read after deciding on it?

I had to change our September book when we switched hostesses & have an unhappy member.  Since the original hostess had a stroke I didn't expect flack about it.  Funny because another member was thrilled not to have to read the original book.

No, but I had a big hostessing flap back in January that I'm still tiptoeing around...

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #225 on: August 02, 2012, 05:49:25 PM »

And today we have a dress-code problem with the Hibernian Club, where I am staying. "Jackets are required at all times." No, sir. Find me a new lodging.

Is that the same place you stayed last time?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #226 on: August 02, 2012, 05:50:25 PM »

I assume we can all borrow it when we need it.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #227 on: August 02, 2012, 05:51:05 PM »

DR Cillaliz, you (and others):

Dead Tree Alert: Don't Fear the Spoiler

You may or may not agree with it, but I hope you find it interesting  ;)

Interesting.  It isn't always the end that is spoiled, often it is how the story unravels that is ruined.  I hate when someone tells me a joke before I see it.  There delivery is usually never as good.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #228 on: August 02, 2012, 05:51:36 PM »

I'm not mad at you.  I know you didn't mean to spoil anything, you would never do something like that on purpose.   It's not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things.  I don't know any details about what happened, so there may still be drama or other fun things to watch.  It just shocked me to see it right there when I tried so hard not to know.  I accidentally heard the winner of a swimming race I was looking forward to.  Guess tonight isn't my night to be surprised.

Oh, I  can tell you exacttly what happens....................
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #229 on: August 02, 2012, 05:52:56 PM »

No, but I had a big hostessing flap back in January that I'm still tiptoeing around...

:o

When we switched hostesses I wasn't about to tell the new hostess what book she had to discuss.  Personally I was also glad the book was changed. :)

Danise

« Reply #230 on: August 02, 2012, 05:53:42 PM »

When I got home tonight, Sheena came out from the doghouse so I guess she got out but couldn't get back in.  She really wanted in the house and the AC.  Poor girl.  I bet she was hot today.  She is stretched out by my feet.  She didn't take the splint off like I thought she would.  She's such a good girl.

Do you think she will go outside again tomorrow knowing she can't get back in the house?
Most certainly.  Funny that now I'm home she waits by the door for me to open it for her.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #231 on: August 02, 2012, 05:54:15 PM »

My facebook page is filled with Olympic spoilers. I guess it is good I haven't been watching the Olympics.

Ginny

« Reply #232 on: August 02, 2012, 05:54:28 PM »

Thursday morning greetings!  I'm in a bit of a rush, because I have to be in the northern Cincinnati 'burbs at 12:30 for my Zentangle class, followed by my Copic Marker class.  Have a couple of stops to make along the way.

My gosh, our Ginny has become a hippie!

DR TCB, Zentangle is so reminiscent of the "op art" of the 1960s.  Also, my dad's high school biology drawings.  I've framed some of those to hang in our kitchen - things like the cross-section of an orange, etc.

Jane

« Reply #233 on: August 02, 2012, 05:54:39 PM »

When I got home tonight, Sheena came out from the doghouse so I guess she got out but couldn't get back in.  She really wanted in the house and the AC.  Poor girl.  I bet she was hot today.  She is stretched out by my feet.  She didn't take the splint off like I thought she would.  She's such a good girl.

Do you think she will go outside again tomorrow knowing she can't get back in the house?
Most certainly.  Funny that now I'm home she waits by the door for me to open it for her.

Vibes all is well tomorrow!!!

Ginny

« Reply #234 on: August 02, 2012, 05:55:56 PM »

I assume we can all borrow it when we need it.

My VERA is your VERA, DR TCB!

Cillaliz

« Reply #235 on: August 02, 2012, 05:58:43 PM »

My facebook page is filled with Olympic spoilers. I guess it is good I haven't been watching the Olympics.

I had to hide all the US Olympic team posts, lol, they post more spoilers than anyone

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #236 on: August 02, 2012, 06:00:51 PM »

Nathan Adrian who won the Gold in last night's 100 meter freestyle event is from Bremerton, WA.  Just up the road from me.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #237 on: August 02, 2012, 06:01:05 PM »

She must know that the splint is there to help her. Good thing you made the preparations for her just in case

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #238 on: August 02, 2012, 06:01:23 PM »

What happened to the good restaurants?

Sung to the tune of "Class" from CHICAGO:

Whatever happened to good rest'rants and nice waiters and fair prices?

That's all I got...anyone want to continue? :D

George, did you figure out who Gabe is?

Yes, he's playing Titus' brother, Marcus.

Is the cane part of his character, or does he use it offstage, as well?

The actor is able-bodied...the cane is a prop and was actually used in TAO's production of "A Bucket of Blood" this spring.  What's cool is that it actually has a sword in the cane part!  This is sort of what it looks like, but I've never seen the handle up close, so I'm pretty sure that it doesn't have the reclining lady that's shown here...but you get the idea:

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #239 on: August 02, 2012, 06:01:35 PM »

Nathan Adrian who won the Gold in last night's 100 meter freestyle event is from Bremerton, WA.  Just up the road from me.

Cool!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up