Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: AND ON THAT NOTE (A)  (Read 10133 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: AND ON THAT NOTE (A)
« Reply #120 on: August 05, 2012, 06:11:31 PM »

Page five!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #121 on: August 05, 2012, 06:12:17 PM »

Prayers and vibes for the temple members and families in Wisconsin.
Many. What a horror.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2012, 06:15:08 PM »

All the rewrites are done on the paper, which is partially about Hiroshima, so turning it in tomorrow on the anniversary of the bombing will be a coincidence.

Now I can get back to watching my bootleg of the Donna Murphy Encores version of Follies. Not great video, but the sound is really pretty good.
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: August 05, 2012, 06:28:20 PM »

All the rewrites are done on the paper, which is partially about Hiroshima, so turning it in tomorrow on the anniversary of the bombing will be a coincidence.

Now I can get back to watching my bootleg of the Donna Murphy Encores version of Follies. Not great video, but the sound is really pretty good.

Please tell me that Ms. Murphy played Hattie.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jennifer

« Reply #124 on: August 05, 2012, 07:08:17 PM »

I'm going to look at exercise bikes while I'm at the mall.  My friends do long distance biking trips.  They are already talking about planning some short trips on flat land so I can get started with them, but I'm thinking I need to start getting my legs in shape and start building my stamina before I even try that

I thought that your bike had an electric option. Couldn't you use that if you get too tired on bike rides with more experienced riders?

John G.

« Reply #125 on: August 05, 2012, 07:15:14 PM »

Please tell me that Ms. Murphy played Hattie.
Actually, Ms. Murphy as Phyllis is fairly amazing, even when she flubs a lyric in "The Story of Lucy and Jessie." It's Elmore's favorite, Victoria Clark (and that connection will ever be made), who's a bit too insipid as Sally. Victor Garber is a really good Ben Stone, likeable despite being fatuous.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #126 on: August 05, 2012, 07:16:34 PM »

Mimi Hines was Hattie, and she too, flubbed a lyric, but she simply started the song over again and made it seem as if Hattie had caused it. It was a great bit of adlibbing.

Joanne Worley was Stella.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2012, 08:03:06 PM »

It's been a long one. Night, all.
― Voltaire

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #128 on: August 05, 2012, 08:35:39 PM »

Good morning, all.

Another order of elevator and a/c VIBES for DR Elmore!

Which brings us to:

Following two solid months of wonderfully solid performance, the eventually-to-be-replaced central a/c here popped its circuit breaker last night.  First time all season.  I reset it and it started up again, and it will most likely keep working that way, but I'll have to keep a closer eye on it and give it long breaks whenever possible.

I'm grateful, though.  I never dreamed I'd get these two excellent months out of it.  And at least it isn't a matter of waiting on landlords or management companies to get off the dime.  The whole replacement process can be done within a couple of days.  It only requires my taking a deep breath, picking up the phone, and committing to forking over........ $6,000. 

Or, as Tucker would exclaim in "The Ruling Class"....... six thousand smackers!

we make do with fans
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2012, 08:36:52 PM »

My glasses broke this morning so it's fortunate that I ordered a new pair last week, which I'm picking up on Friday. Until then, I'll stumble around trying not to bump into things.

oh dear!   New spectacle vibes for Doug R

vixmom

« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2012, 08:41:15 PM »

ELEVATOR REPAIR VIBES FOR ELMORE

vixmom

« Reply #131 on: August 05, 2012, 08:45:26 PM »

From DR Vixmom:
We have not flown in 4 years -  I was surprised (unpleasantly) to learn that we now have to pay for checked extra to check luggage - no free bags - that we had to pay to select our seats ( I did spring for the bulkhead seating though -  in for a penny in for a pound!) and that we needed to buy a new lock for the luggage that allows the TSA to open our luggage if they choose to inspect it

I am also not sure what to expect at security re body scans and pat downs/feel ups etc

Surprised!  I have to laugh.  This is example how we don't really pay attention unless something relates to us.  Discussions of luggage fees have been plentiful. 

Don't forget to take your shoes and belt off & put them in the box they give you.  Keep your eyes on your belongings & don't leave jewelry or other valuables visible.  Keith tucks his into the toes of his shoes.

If by chance you get pulled out for the body inspection don't stress about it.  It is almost funny.  I always do mine in the open though they offer you a private room.

I guess I thought that all the changes were happening only to US airlines and I kind of expected that since we were flying Air Canada their luggage and flight assignment policies would have stayed constant.....a forlorn hope as it turns out

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #132 on: August 05, 2012, 09:04:05 PM »

It is my duty to report that we spent the day without electric power due to s strong thunderstorm about 5 a.m. this morning.

Whew!

Now things have returned to what is known in these parts as normal.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #133 on: August 05, 2012, 09:04:23 PM »

Show vibes for MR BK....

Travel vibes for DR MATTHEW.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #134 on: August 05, 2012, 09:05:00 PM »

We have a dress rehearsal tomorrow night for MILLIE and another one Tuesday night.

So.....I am thinking about that!

vixmom

« Reply #135 on: August 05, 2012, 09:33:00 PM »

I believe it is my duty to report that I am nowhere near ready to travel

nor is anyone in this family

I am going to stop worrying about it

vixmom

« Reply #136 on: August 05, 2012, 09:38:36 PM »

thank you all for your advice -- I do not wear belts  and I usually try to wear a dress and sandals when I fly -   I am not sure I am bringing my laptop -  my in-laws live in a remote area and do not have wireless access so I do not know if there is any point in trying to bring it 

ChasSmith

« Reply #137 on: August 05, 2012, 09:41:02 PM »

How did it get to be 12:40 AM already?  ???

No wonder my eyes are ready for a rest.

Globe-trotting VIBES for all you travelers!

vixmom

« Reply #138 on: August 05, 2012, 09:42:50 PM »

Vixdad is intending on bringing all sorts of electronic devices - cameras, computers, ipods, minature helicopters ... I suggested he should go to the airport now and perhaps he would be through  by next Saturday

vixmom

« Reply #139 on: August 05, 2012, 09:53:25 PM »

my concern is that we have to do this security thing three times - out of New York, then Toronto and then Calgary.....I am particularly concerned about Toronto as the layover time is relatively short and from past experience it appears that there apparently is  a rule that  every living person in Canada is required to report to Toronto airport whenever we travel,  and get in the security line

Laura

« Reply #140 on: August 05, 2012, 09:57:24 PM »

The only electronics he needs to take out is the laptop. Just tell him to wind the cords for everything up neatly so they can see what it is.

USUALLY once you go through security, you are in the secure area. You would only need to go through the checkpoint again if you change terminals. (Las Vegas is an exception, I found out. Right after buying a bottle of water.)
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Laura

« Reply #141 on: August 05, 2012, 09:57:50 PM »

Are you going to check luggage?
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

vixmom

« Reply #142 on: August 05, 2012, 09:59:54 PM »

I just read about Wisconsin -   prayers  for the families and friends of the victims ---

vixmom

« Reply #143 on: August 05, 2012, 10:03:35 PM »

Are you going to check luggage?

I think w may end up needing one  communal bag for the three of us -- we are going for 2 weeks ( 3 weekends) and I am not sure we will be able to get away with just the carry ons -  much as I would like to avoid checking luggage

Laura

« Reply #144 on: August 05, 2012, 10:10:33 PM »

For two weeks you need to check bags. Then you wouldn't have to worry about the  3 oz liquid rule and all that. It would be much easier to get through the security lines.

Check into the security rules for Canada, though. They may not be the same as the US. And I know nothing about coming back into the US through customs.
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: August 05, 2012, 11:01:33 PM »

Page five?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: August 05, 2012, 11:02:05 PM »

Back from an absolutely fantastic show - everything went beautifully and it was a jam-packed room.  More in the notes.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: August 05, 2012, 11:02:27 PM »

I came home to an e-mail from Mr. Sondheim - I'll talk about that in the notes, too.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #148 on: August 05, 2012, 11:53:38 PM »

Well, I have been most errant and truant this weekend.  We had performances of "Titus" each night (all have been good shows) and on Saturday, Theater Artists Olympia had a garage sale...in the VERY hot weather.  Even though I was in shade, I feel like I have a sunburn, but I didn't turn pink.  That's good.  After the show last night, we had a cast party at Kevin's house.  Kevin and I were in "Romeo & Juliet" together.  He's a great guy and his wife Jim (yes, his female wife goes by the name of Jim...long story and I don't remember it) is a very nice person, too. :) I was one of the last two to leave the party at about 3:30 am. 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #149 on: August 05, 2012, 11:53:57 PM »

I slept (or at least stayed in my bed) until about 4:00 this afternoon.  I watched some TV, took a shower and got to the theater for our last show this weekend.  After the next three days off, we only have our last four performances and it's over. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up