Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: CHARRO'S CHURROS  (Read 11939 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re: CHARRO'S CHURROS
« Reply #180 on: August 16, 2012, 08:25:48 PM »

I think I have finally parsed through and can summarize the mentality of the internet age

IF YOU WANT TO TAKE AWAY MY LEGAL RIGHT TO BE AN ANONYMOUS, MEAN, HURTFUL PERSON

THAT MAKES YOU A BULLY!

I get how it's done now.  It makes a lot click into place, about how people like the owners of theater chat sites have managed to paint the people who complain about the anonymous venom towards artists on their theater-chat sites as the villains who are trying to silence free speech, as opposed to the people who anonymously mistreat the artists being the villains.

I know a lot of people would could learn this lesson...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #181 on: August 16, 2012, 08:26:04 PM »

Page 7 dance!!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #182 on: August 16, 2012, 08:31:08 PM »

Thesis is off to the Proquest for e-publishing...

Laura

« Reply #183 on: August 16, 2012, 08:59:26 PM »

Great news, DakotaCelt.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #184 on: August 16, 2012, 09:23:34 PM »

It finally got there after the Grad school managed to misplace the committee signature approval sheet...

I was using gently sharpened sticks  and poking their cage..

FJL

« Reply #185 on: August 16, 2012, 09:32:51 PM »

vixmom - Skip appreciates the cooking compliment.

FJL

« Reply #186 on: August 16, 2012, 09:33:20 PM »

Jane - Trip vibes

FJL

« Reply #187 on: August 16, 2012, 09:33:47 PM »

Thesis is off to the Proquest for e-publishing...

Wonderful!

ChasSmith

« Reply #188 on: August 16, 2012, 09:45:36 PM »

Ate a couple of those fried foods on my list.  Drank some iced coffee.  Drinking a Coca-Cola Zero right now.  At this rate I should be up all night.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #189 on: August 16, 2012, 09:51:12 PM »

JMK doesn't live here anymore - he and/or his wife got angry with me - it was silly and e-mail tone was certainly mis-read by them - I was asked for an apology, which I gave instantly even though I explained the tone was mis-read.  Apparently it wasn't good enough - such is life.  Perhaps someday he'll come back.  I cannot count the number of e-mails that I've both received and sent where tone has been completely mis-read - by me and by the reader.  You'd think, however, that we'd learn and just figure that out, but apparently it's a difficult lesson.  I ALWAYS ask now - did you mean so and so or did you mean to sound snippy and normally the reply is oh absolutely not, sorry.

You know I never quite understand this stuff.  Tone-schmone!  Sometimes I just get honking mad and furious at people, really good friends, where bloodcurdling words and accusations and insults are uttered...and you know what, we always get over it, get passed it, and press on.  I'm sure, BK  and I have  been pissed off at each other before. But the pissiness doesn't linger. My god, if you can't occasionally offend or piss off your good friends, who the Hell can you piss off or offend?  People in the internet age may have gotten ruder, but they've also gotten more hyper-sensitive.   

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #190 on: August 16, 2012, 09:56:54 PM »

vixmom - Skip appreciates the cooking compliment.

It is well deserved - he is the best chef I know and a very generous host!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #191 on: August 16, 2012, 10:36:01 PM »

JMK doesn't live here anymore - he and/or his wife got angry with me - it was silly and e-mail tone was certainly mis-read by them - I was asked for an apology, which I gave instantly even though I explained the tone was mis-read.  Apparently it wasn't good enough - such is life.  Perhaps someday he'll come back.  I cannot count the number of e-mails that I've both received and sent where tone has been completely mis-read - by me and by the reader.  You'd think, however, that we'd learn and just figure that out, but apparently it's a difficult lesson.  I ALWAYS ask now - did you mean so and so or did you mean to sound snippy and normally the reply is oh absolutely not, sorry.

You know I never quite understand this stuff.  Tone-schmone!  Sometimes I just get honking mad and furious at people, really good friends, where bloodcurdling words and accusations and insults are uttered...and you know what, we always get over it, get passed it, and press on.  I'm sure, BK  and I have  been pissed off at each other before. But the pissiness doesn't linger. My god, if you can't occasionally offend or piss off your good friends, who the Hell can you piss off or offend?  People in the internet age may have gotten ruder, but they've also gotten more hyper-sensitive.   

Couldn't agree more.  But if you knew what this was really about, and yes, I could print the entire four e-mail history here and people would be scratching their heads and wondering why a spouse got involved.  It was so silly and I tried to make it right even though I had really done nothing wrong.  The offense was taken to a one-line e-mail that made a statement.  No names, no negativity, no nothing, but you'd think I'd hurled a grenade at someone.  As Pogue says, get over it already.  And what does any of that have to do with this board anyway.  This board is not about me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #192 on: August 16, 2012, 10:36:46 PM »

Went to Gelson's and got for the first time this spicy salmon they do and it was quite good and, as we all know, salmon is the most calorie friendly of any fish.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #193 on: August 16, 2012, 10:43:36 PM »

I know I have been absent due to working on my thesis and feeling down... There have been times I did not want to be a downer to others. It is not fair you guys...

Onward and upward!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #194 on: August 16, 2012, 10:44:50 PM »

bk, do you like sushi?

Do you like Korean food? 

Love Bibimbap (I think that is how it is spelt)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #195 on: August 16, 2012, 10:45:44 PM »

bk, do you like sushi?

Do you like Korean food? 

Love Bibimbap (I think that is how it is spelt)

I only like California roll and shrimp, none of the raw stuff.  I don't know that I've ever eaten Korean food.

ChasSmith

« Reply #196 on: August 16, 2012, 10:47:08 PM »

Good evening again, all.  Guess what I did today.  I'll tell you.  I read an amazing book called Kritzerland.  Finished it two minutes ago.  Really wonderful.  Tomorrow's a busier day, but there's no way I'm not diving right into Kritzer Time.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #197 on: August 16, 2012, 11:02:12 PM »

Yay.  Can you imagine reading Kritzerland when it was written and then, with that ending, having to wait a full year before Kritzer Time? :)

ChasSmith

« Reply #198 on: August 16, 2012, 11:04:40 PM »

No way. 

And you got me.  I did NOT expect that.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 11:22:07 PM by ChasSmith »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #199 on: August 16, 2012, 11:08:00 PM »

They are are a fun journey to read...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: August 16, 2012, 11:22:27 PM »

Oh, let's have 200.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #201 on: August 16, 2012, 11:22:46 PM »

Maybe that salmon is starting to make me nauseous - I think it's the glaze.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #202 on: August 16, 2012, 11:44:03 PM »

A Sinatra album is all the way up at #3 on the Billboard charts this week - which is the good news

But it's because they did a 99-cent sale, so I did a parody lyric in the comment box under the article at the Times  :)
(I'VE GOT YOU FOR UNDER A BUCK to tune of I"VE GOT YOU UNDER MY SKIN)

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/15/now-43-compilation-tops-album-chart/

That's great, Fred! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #203 on: August 16, 2012, 11:45:15 PM »

Employment vibes to DRs FJL, Dakota Celt, Danise, and anyone else in need.

~~~DITTO!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #204 on: August 16, 2012, 11:45:52 PM »

I have much to do before my 6:30AM flight tomorrow.  I'm going to spend the weekend with my brother & go to my cousin's daughter's wedding.  My brother isn't going to the wedding so I'll be dividing my time with two groups of family.  I won't be seeing Keith's family or friend's this trip.

Keith is holding down the fort, in other words supervising the work here.  I'll be back late Monday night.

~~~Travel Vibes for DR Jane!!~~~

George

« Reply #205 on: August 16, 2012, 11:46:34 PM »

We are in pretty good shape. Tonight the chorus joined the principals, and we filled most of the holes. We forgot - again! - to run the dialogue scene and underscore before "Bye and Bye." I guess we'll do it tomorrow with the orchestra!

We could use some vibes: Stephen Rea and Philip O'Reilly are both under the weather and I need them well ASAP!

~~~Stay Well Vibes for Stephen Rea and Philip O'Reilly!!~~~

George

« Reply #206 on: August 16, 2012, 11:51:04 PM »

Couldn't agree more.  But if you knew what this was really about, and yes, I could print the entire four e-mail history here and people would be scratching their heads and wondering why a spouse got involved.  It was so silly and I tried to make it right even though I had really done nothing wrong.  The offense was taken to a one-line e-mail that made a statement.  No names, no negativity, no nothing, but you'd think I'd hurled a grenade at someone.  As Pogue says, get over it already.  And what does any of that have to do with this board anyway.  This board is not about me.

And speaking of JMK...I just came across this article today: 

Herb Alpert's 'Whipped Cream Lady' now 76, living in Longview and looking back! :D

She lives here in Washington (although, one of the comments says that she lives in Kelso, not Longview).
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up