Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: CHARRO'S CHURROS  (Read 12111 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: CHARRO'S CHURROS
« Reply #120 on: August 16, 2012, 03:36:50 PM »

FJL, I'm a bit worried about Monday night.  We're doing three sessions that day with the orchestra and I'm concerned that the final session may not wrap till seven or eight - I'm trying to get clarification on the schedule now and will let you know.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: August 16, 2012, 04:06:41 PM »

We are in pretty good shape. Tonight the chorus joined the principals, and we filled most of the holes. We forgot - again! - to run the dialogue scene and underscore before "Bye and Bye." I guess we'll do it tomorrow with the orchestra!

We could use some vibes: Stephen Rea and Philip O'Reilly are both under the weather and I need them well ASAP!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #122 on: August 16, 2012, 04:11:33 PM »

hello from Montreal
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #123 on: August 16, 2012, 04:12:11 PM »

Happy b day to Vixmom!
Never stop dreaming.

Laura

« Reply #124 on: August 16, 2012, 04:18:53 PM »

Today is also Mae-Ling Goldstein's birthday. It is not necessary to wish her a happy birthday, as she does not know that she is a recurring character on this web site and I am not going to tell her.

Mae-Ling is ten years old. How can that be? I remember when she was born, and it doesn't seem that long ago.

I got her a junior copy of Peter Pan.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #125 on: August 16, 2012, 04:29:31 PM »

We are in pretty good shape. Tonight the chorus joined the principals, and we filled most of the holes. We forgot - again! - to run the dialogue scene and underscore before "Bye and Bye." I guess we'll do it tomorrow with the orchestra!

We could use some vibes: Stephen Rea and Philip O'Reilly are both under the weather and I need them well ASAP!

VIBES!!!!

I'm sorry I'll miss your Dublin stories over the weekend.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: August 16, 2012, 05:18:06 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Just listened to Bruce's podcast. Quite interesting.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2012, 05:19:09 PM »

Recording vibes to DR Elmore. I'm glad the trouser issue was resolved.   :)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2012, 05:19:50 PM »

Employment vibes to DRs FJL, Dakota Celt, Danise, and anyone else in need.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2012, 05:20:27 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DR VIXMOM!!! 

I hope you are having a WONDERFUL vacation!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: August 16, 2012, 05:25:32 PM »

Re: soda pop/soft drinks:

I was never a big fan, although they were certainly ubiquitous when I was growing up. I do recall when A&W root beer became popular and I did enjoy root beer floats. There was an A&W drive-in on Sepulveda, just south of Venice Blvd, which became a semi hang-out when I was in junior high.

To me they were soft drinks and I was surprised when I moved to the East and heard them referred to as pop or sodas.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2012, 05:27:51 PM »

Glad to hear that DR Matthew saw his dad and it went well.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: August 16, 2012, 05:29:31 PM »

Travel vibes and vacation vibes to DR Matthew!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2012, 05:32:27 PM »

TOD:

I try to avoid fried foods, but I do enjoy pakoras and samosas and sweet potato fries.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: August 16, 2012, 05:34:49 PM »

Has anyone heard from DR JMK?

KevinH

« Reply #135 on: August 16, 2012, 05:37:54 PM »

Happy Birthday to DR vixmom!

KevinH

« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2012, 05:39:12 PM »

Regarding yesterday's discussion: in Buffalo we said pop (and they still do).  Not soda pop, just pop.

And they also say "do you want to go to the show?"  meaning going to a movie. 

KevinH

« Reply #137 on: August 16, 2012, 05:40:05 PM »

Travel vibes to all who are travelling!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2012, 06:19:27 PM »

Tonight after rehearsal, I'm off to Walt Disney World.  It seems a little surreal at the moment, as I'm going alone and meeting people there.  I guess it hasn't hit me.

Good Morning, DR Matthew. -And, yes, it was a great pleasure finally meeting you in person last night. Have a good day, a good rehearsal, a good flight, and a great time at Walt Disney World. Enjoy the surrealness of it all. *And if you don't want to wait in line to see "Finding Nemo", just text me. ;)

Each time I've seen "Finding Nemo-The Musical" I've fallen asleep.  Not because of the content, but because it's an air conditioned theatre and a chance to sit down.  My friend Mark does a great impression of me watching the show. (and sleeping)
That's what friends are for.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #139 on: August 16, 2012, 06:20:09 PM »

Has anyone heard from DR JMK?
Yes, has anybody heard a word from him?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2012, 06:22:44 PM »

Just got "End of the Rainbow," the CD, from the library. Have no idea what to expect given what's been posted about the show.

ChasSmith, thank you for the DVD. It arrived today. Will watch it this weekend.

And waves of wellness vibes for Elmore and cast. 
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2012, 06:26:29 PM »

JMK doesn't live here anymore - he and/or his wife got angry with me - it was silly and e-mail tone was certainly mis-read by them - I was asked for an apology, which I gave instantly even though I explained the tone was mis-read.  Apparently it wasn't good enough - such is life.  Perhaps someday he'll come back.  I cannot count the number of e-mails that I've both received and sent where tone has been completely mis-read - by me and by the reader.  You'd think, however, that we'd learn and just figure that out, but apparently it's a difficult lesson.  I ALWAYS ask now - did you mean so and so or did you mean to sound snippy and normally the reply is oh absolutely not, sorry.

Cillaliz

« Reply #142 on: August 16, 2012, 06:42:36 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VIXMOM!!!!!!

Danise

« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2012, 06:53:43 PM »

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday to DR Vixmom!  May you be get some much deserved REST!!!!!!!!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2012, 06:54:33 PM »

Vibes to DR Elmore that all goes well and better then expected!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #145 on: August 16, 2012, 07:04:08 PM »

Dakota,

you must understand something about your job situation, and I hope something comes up tomorrow once you go in with a happier feeling: 

It really is the economy.  No one is trying to reassure you or comfort you. 

So many qualified people are not working.  Many people who are working steadily are holding on with vice grips to jobs in which they are treated terribly by employers who know they can do so, which 5 years ago they never would have kept.

I'm an attorney, a CPA, a Harvard law grad, I'm a very capable writer, I send out at least ten resumes a week - and in the last two years have only worked for days in a row here and there, that's it -

I've had one job offer in that time (with zero fringe benefits by the way), and it was so low financially that even the unemployment insurance office analyzed it and totally agreed  that forcing me to take it would be damaging permanently to my career, so they OK'd my turning it down and continuing collecting benefits instead, as it was such a low offer which seemed to be taking advantage of the economy.

I say this not to recite my resume or to get pity (although pity is always enjoyable :) ) - but to say:

It really is the economy, Dakota.  Nobody is handing you a line to make you feel better. 
I read this post from DR FJL to DR Dakota and I thought to myself that I should be ashamed of myself because I have a job and yet a seek another.  Vibes to both of you, not me because as bad as things are, I am pulling a paycheck.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

FJL

« Reply #146 on: August 16, 2012, 07:14:28 PM »

Dakota,

you must understand something about your job situation, and I hope something comes up tomorrow once you go in with a happier feeling: 

So many qualified people are not working.  Many people who are working steadily are holding on with vice grips to jobs in which they are treated terribly by employers who know they can do so, which 5 years ago they never would have kept.

I'm an attorney, a CPA, a Harvard law grad, I'm a very capable writer, I send out at least ten resumes a week - and in the last two years have only worked for days in a row here and there, that's it -

I've had one job offer in that time (with zero fringe benefits by the way), and it was so low financially that even the unemployment insurance office analyzed it and totally agreed  that forcing me to take it would be damaging permanently to my career, so they OK'd my turning it down and continuing collecting benefits instead, as it was such a low offer which seemed to be taking advantage of the economy.

I say this not to recite my resume or to get pity (although pity is always enjoyable :) ) - but to say:

It really is the economy, Dakota.  Nobody is handing you a line to make you feel better. 
I read this post from DR FJL to DR Dakota and I thought to myself that I should be ashamed of myself because I have a job and yet a seek another.  Vibes to both of you, not me because as bad as things are, I am pulling a paycheck.

Not at all, Danise, really, I hope that's not the feeling I conveyed to anyone  - I just wanted Dakota to know that what's going on is very unlikely to have anything to do with her disability.. 

But for yourself, of course, remember in this economy what they seem to keep saying on CNN - that an improvement in quality of life is as good as an improvement in money in today's environment.

Danise

« Reply #147 on: August 16, 2012, 07:18:46 PM »

DR Dakota, I know you  have heard me talk about him before, but I do truly recommend using Joseph Clough work to help with your confidence.  He has helped to make a world of difference just since May for me.  I feel so much better about myself since I started using his methods.  He really is a nice young man who seems to have himself together far beyond his years.

I have come think of him as friend though our emails and posts on Facebook (sorry BK).  When I told him about this chance at a different job, he sent me an email saying he was glad that I had kept him in the loop and he was proud of me.  I thought that was very sweet of him. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #148 on: August 16, 2012, 07:21:11 PM »

Happy Birthday Vixmom!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Danise

« Reply #149 on: August 16, 2012, 07:23:41 PM »

Dakota,

Not at all, Danise, really, I hope that's not the feeling I conveyed to anyone  - I just wanted Dakota to know that what's going on is very unlikely to have anything to do with her disability.. 

But for yourself, of course, remember in this economy what they seem to keep saying on CNN - that an improvement in quality of life is as good as an improvement in money in today's environment.

I understand.  And in my case it isn't money that is making me want to change jobs--like I said, there is a good chance I would really lose money by taking it but it would get me out of my current situation with the supervisor I have while keeping my retirement and vacation/sick time on the books.  If Glenda (who retired) was still my supervisor, this job wouldn't even be a topic for discussion. 

Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up