Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: CHARRO'S CHURROS  (Read 11941 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
CHARRO'S CHURROS
« on: August 16, 2012, 12:14:24 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes told you what would happen if you were caught giving away the secret of pulling your dough, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently watching Charo eat her churros,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: CHARRO'S CHURROS
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 12:15:06 AM »

And the word of the day is: BELLETRISTIC!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 12:25:35 AM »

A Very Happy Birthday to DR Vixmom!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 01:12:51 AM »

Good Evening!

Today's "long rehearsal" day ended up being not so long. We were scheduled to end at 9:00pm, but ended up releasing the cast at 7:15pm. In other words, it was a very good day of rehearsal.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 01:18:07 AM »

And after rehearsal, we headed on over to the the Lucie Stern Auditorium to catch tonight's staged reading of Being Earnest - which is musical version of Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest. The Music is by Paul Gordon and Jay Gruska, with the Book and Lyrics by Mr. Gordon.

What a fun show! The writers basically took Wilde's original script and dropped some songs into it. However, they transplanted the action to the 1960's - and the songs are 1960's style. Surprisingly, Wilde's original book fits well in that period. It would be fun to see the show in a full production.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 01:19:48 AM »

And after the show, I met up with DR Matthew! It turned out he was rehearsing in the same building, so... After his rehearsal and my show, we headed out to grab a beer and to talk. And, yes, it was a very "exciting meeting"! :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 01:25:58 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

Basically any fried bread product: donuts, beignets, crullers, loukamides, puri, funnel cakes, fritters, etc., etc., etc.

However, there's also tempura, fish and chips, pakoras, samosas, egg rolls, lumpia, squash blossoms, croquetas, etc., etc., etc.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 01:26:41 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DR VIXMOM!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 01:26:50 AM »

And now...

Sleep. -And I get to sleep in too since we don't start till 1:00pm! :)

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Doug R

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 01:40:23 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR VIXMOM!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 03:15:16 AM »

Good morning, all! Today we will begin in late afternoon to rehearse the six principals' numbers: Annalene, Jim, Kim, Philip, Rachel, and Hal. Then, after dinner break, we meet the chorus at 6:00 to run their material, give them some business, and put them together with the principals at 7 and see how it goes. Some of it's going really well, but I feel there are two many 2/4 numbers that the conductor assumes are marches, and I need to keep asking him to slow down. I thought we'd been over that a month ago, so it's a bit frustrating. I know it will all calm down once we're with the orchestra and I know he's a very good conductor, but the lyrics and Mr Hart's rhymes, which are thick and intricate, need to be clear as crystal. So, I know we'll get there, but I hate the tension at times.

Tomorrow, the orchestra! My favorite day.

BK, I loved your email this morning! It was such a nice surprise, and I've played the tracks over and over.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 03:17:24 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Positive, Happy & Healthy Vibes & Xylophones to Everyone!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 03:38:06 AM »

Birthday wishes to vixmom

FJL

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 03:51:41 AM »

Dakota,

you must understand something about your job situation, and I hope something comes up tomorrow once you go in with a happier feeling: 

It really is the economy.  No one is trying to reassure you or comfort you. 

So many qualified people are not working.  Many people who are working steadily are holding on with vice grips to jobs in which they are treated terribly by employers who know they can do so, which 5 years ago they never would have kept.

I'm an attorney, a CPA, a Harvard law grad, I'm a very capable writer, I send out at least ten resumes a week - and in the last two years have only worked for days in a row here and there, that's it -

I've had one job offer in that time (with zero fringe benefits by the way), and it was so low financially that even the unemployment insurance office analyzed it and totally agreed  that forcing me to take it would be damaging permanently to my career, so they OK'd my turning it down and continuing collecting benefits instead, as it was such a low offer which seemed to be taking advantage of the economy.

I say this not to recite my resume or to get pity (although pity is always enjoyable :) ) - but to say:

It really is the economy, Dakota.  Nobody is handing you a line to make you feel better. 
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 03:55:56 AM by FJL »

DR Iris

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 04:29:47 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO VIXMOM!

ChasSmith

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 04:46:37 AM »

Good morning, all.

I haven't had a churro in years, and could really enjoy one right now with my COFFEE.

But I did enjoy a nice lunch or two at Casa Cugat, where Charo was nowhere to be seen!  Which is just about all the evidence we need to conclude that she was in the kitchen pulling the dough.  Because, otherwise, let's face it, she would have been out there eating churros.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 05:04:44 AM by ChasSmith »

ChasSmith

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 04:47:23 AM »

Happy Birthday to VIXMOM!!!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 04:49:47 AM »

Good morning, all.

Happy birthday, Vixmom!

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 04:54:39 AM »

TOD: Haven't met too many fried foods I dislike, from squash blossoms to ravioli to butter. But I almost never fry anything at home. A recent exception was an attempt to make crab crabs for the first time. Quite wonderful. I think they're near the top of the list. Churros with a stout cup of dark Spanish chocolate would be just about unbeatable for desserts, or just plain doughnuts, or Oreos, or moon pies. Well, just give 'em all to me.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 05:12:56 AM »

I just went back to Spencer & Marks for another pair of trousers. I will get some lunch and shortly walk over to Walton's for rehearsal.

I forgot DR vixmom's birthday earlier, but I did send her an e-card, which I doubt she'll see until she's back from the Canadian wilds.

Happy Birthday, DR vixmom!

Ben

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 05:20:54 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 05:21:24 AM »

I LOVE Marks & Spencer's.

Our dear departed friend from Nottingham used to send us Christmas goodies from Marks & Sparks every year.

Ben

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 05:21:54 AM »

Happy Vixmom Day.

Hope she's having fun and decompressing in Canada!

Ben

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 05:23:16 AM »

FJL

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 05:36:16 AM »

A Sinatra album is all the way up at #3 on the Billboard charts this week - which is the good news

But it's because they did a 99-cent sale, so I did a parody lyric in the comment box under the article at the Times  :)
(I'VE GOT YOU FOR UNDER A BUCK to tune of I"VE GOT YOU UNDER MY SKIN)

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/15/now-43-compilation-tops-album-chart/

Kerry

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, 05:44:39 AM »

A Very Happy Birthday to DR Vixmom!!
I like boat races.

FJL

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2012, 05:48:09 AM »

I think I have finally parsed through and can summarize the mentality of the internet age

IF YOU WANT TO TAKE AWAY MY LEGAL RIGHT TO BE AN ANONYMOUS, MEAN, HURTFUL PERSON

THAT MAKES YOU A BULLY!

I get how it's done now.  It makes a lot click into place, about how people like the owners of theater chat sites have managed to paint the people who complain about the anonymous venom towards artists on their theater-chat sites as the villains who are trying to silence free speech, as opposed to the people who anonymously mistreat the artists being the villains.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 05:54:59 AM by FJL »

Laura

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2012, 05:55:54 AM »

Happy Happy Birthday, DR Vixmom!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jennifer

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2012, 06:14:12 AM »

Happy Birthday to DR Vixmom!

Jennifer