Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BK IN THE CITY  (Read 7549 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: BK IN THE CITY
« Reply #90 on: August 20, 2012, 02:00:42 PM »

Four!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #91 on: August 20, 2012, 02:00:53 PM »

Is anyone familiar with the group Celtic Thunder?

They are an all-male group from Ireland that have nice harmonies.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2012, 02:04:01 PM »

I wonder if Elmore has done any busking in Dublin?

Elmore, there is a statue in Dublin that locals nickname the Floosie in the Jacuzzi...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2012, 02:10:12 PM »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2012, 02:15:56 PM »

Elmore, have you had an opportunity to visit the Book of Kells?

FJL

« Reply #95 on: August 20, 2012, 02:22:31 PM »

John G - That's the strange thing.  I'd like to think that even just from their own financial liability point of view, Ann and Mike wouldn't be utterly, ridiculously stupid enough to leave me that physically vulnerable to someone dangerous who might actually be someone who is a real friend who we might see as a friend or neighbor here in our very building, who might actually be that sick or obsessed or deranged. 

But to be honest, the two of them have not thought too rationally about lots of things, so maybe they don't think things through, like the way they handled leaving up the identity of that statutory rape victim for all those days while thousands and thousands of people saw the name, until they finally said "Huh, you think maybe we should have taken that down under the shield law?" "I dunno, Mike, you think we should have?" "I dunno, Ann, whaddayou think?" like dumbos futzing around with people's lives from Wexford PA and who knows where in MikeReynoldsLand.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #96 on: August 20, 2012, 02:26:09 PM »

Just heard from Bonnie's husband that surgery went well and she should be on her way home in an hour or so. Thanks for all the vibes.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #97 on: August 20, 2012, 02:35:27 PM »

"Nice harmonies"?   You're not supposed to be looking at those!

;D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

FJL

« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2012, 02:49:31 PM »

Just heard from Bonnie's husband that surgery went well and she should be on her way home in an hour or so. Thanks for all the vibes.

Wonderful news!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2012, 03:21:17 PM »

Great news!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Doug R

« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2012, 03:25:26 PM »

TOD:

It would have to be one of the many theatre trips to London that The Lovely Wife and I have been taking over the years since 1994, almost yearly, where we see ten to twelve shows.  We both know the city very well by now, and go and just live in a holiday flat with a kitchenette.  The flight over is always nice too, because I will not fly overseas in coach.  We usually fly business and nothing less than premium economy, which has wider seats and lots of the perks of business.  Perhaps the best trip was the one where we flew shortly after  9/11 and got bumped to upper (first) class on Virgin Atlantic.  Flying in style.  And, of course, we're seeing the greatest theatre in the world and brilliant actors.  I've seen close to 150 plays now in London.

But my favourite trip to London may have been my first one when I was going over as the writer of my first two films, HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES and THE SIGN OF FOUR, to see them filmed with Ian Richardson as Holmes.  I stayed for three months, the first month in a great boutique posh hotel, The Duke's, off Picadilly and only a stone's throw from St. James Park and Buckingham Palace.  Then I was moved to a high-rise flat right down the street from Westminister and the Houses of Parliament.  From my window, I could watch the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace.  A chauffeured car picked me up every monring to take me to the studio and then back at night.  I had three months to explore and get to know the city like the back of my hand.  It is the greatest city in the world.  I never tire of it and it's really the only place The Lovely Wife and I ever want to travel to.

Wonderful reminiscence Charles. Thank you. I really enjoyed those Holmes films.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: August 20, 2012, 03:26:27 PM »

Today went well. We have two duets to record, "Bye and Bye" and "Here's A Kiss," both with the two romantic leads, and we'll do them tomorrow. We have two sessions to record them, the Overture, Entr'Acte, Bow, and Exit Music and we are finished. I got all teary saying goodbye to the cast and chorus this evening.

DR JohnG, I'm happy your friend is okay. I'm sorry I missed sending her vibes.

DR Dakotacelt, I bought a book on the Book of Kells last year when I was here. I hear thye lines to see the pages the College elects to show the public is long, and I have no patience and too much to do in my brief time here. Still, I might get to it one of these days.

DR FJL, the whole situation is creepy and I think your curiosity and anger are probably delighting whomever this oaf may be. There's someone who claims to be an acquaintance of mine pulling something similar. I want to know who it is so I can give him a tonsillectomy with my bare hands, but I refuse to obsess about this ass. At some point I'll find out and kill the sonofabitch. Until then, I don't need to think about it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #102 on: August 20, 2012, 03:30:33 PM »

Did any of our East Coast denizens happen to see THE ROAD TO MECCA when it ran this last winter (January to March) with the Roundabout Theater Company.  I just saw that my college roommate was Jim Dale's understudy for that production.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

« Reply #103 on: August 20, 2012, 03:31:00 PM »

TOD:

It would have to be one of the many theatre trips to London that The Lovely Wife and I have been taking over the years since 1994, almost yearly, where we see ten to twelve shows.  We both know the city very well by now, and go and just live in a holiday flat with a kitchenette.  The flight over is always nice too, because I will not fly overseas in coach.  We usually fly business and nothing less than premium economy, which has wider seats and lots of the perks of business.  Perhaps the best trip was the one where we flew shortly after  9/11 and got bumped to upper (first) class on Virgin Atlantic.  Flying in style.  And, of course, we're seeing the greatest theatre in the world and brilliant actors.  I've seen close to 150 plays now in London....

One of the two best trips that I ever took was when my sister, my niece and I went to London.  It was shortly after 9/11, also...we went in December, 2001.  We saw Starlight Express (before it closed in January 2002); Kiss Me Kate with Brent Barrett and Marin Mazzie; and the first two acts of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof with Brendan Fraser, Frances O'Connor and Ned Beatty.  We had to leave early because of the main reason we went to London:  to see a group called Steps.  My niece LOVED them (at the time) and we went to two performances of what turned out to be their very last tour just before they broke up.  I think that at one of the two concerts that we saw (the same concert on two different nights) two members of the group turned in their resignations literally just minutes before going on stage to perform.  The other three members (and their management, I'm sure) were blindsided.

The other best trip was in December 1995 when I went to New York City. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Doug R

« Reply #104 on: August 20, 2012, 03:32:05 PM »

TOD

Probably the first time I flew to New York in 1979. It was the first time I had travelled such a long way and seeing NY was such an adventure.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2012, 03:34:57 PM »

Had a nice long weekend and am now all caught up with the happenings on HHW. It seems like everyone here is traveling about! What fun!

Not me.
“One thing’s universal,

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2012, 03:40:36 PM »

Since I missed DR  Vixmom's birthday......

Thank you Mike!  You look lovely in this frock!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2012, 03:41:01 PM »

Yes, I love them.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2012, 03:56:22 PM »

Well, I'm off.  Today is my dad's 74th birthday and we're going to have dinner at a local restaurant, Ramblin' Jacks.  It should all be quite delish!

Be back later!

Jennifer

« Reply #109 on: August 20, 2012, 04:00:21 PM »

The real song by Pasek and Paul is a very funny funny song, but it's fiction, like - say - I Don't Remember Christmas by Maltby and Shire. 

it just has no place directed as a real person in  a creepy, hostile, inappropriate post by an anonynous stranger.

Are they banning the guy? That is completely inappropriate behavior.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2012, 04:01:38 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Travel vibes for DR Michael Shayne/Mike.

Jennifer

« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2012, 04:01:42 PM »

More vibes for Bonnie. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2012, 04:08:01 PM »

Fred, I can certainly understand your concern. The behavior is beyond creepy and quite juvenile. Can you lie low for a while? Maybe choose a new--anonymous--online identity? Deprive the stalker of your attention. Or you could contact Lisbeth Salander.  ;)

(Honestly, if I knew a good hacker, I'd give you their name!)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2012, 04:08:46 PM »

Glad to hear that DF Bonnie is doing well. Vibes for a speedy recovery.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2012, 04:09:45 PM »

Travel vibes for Jane, who I think is returning on Tuesday.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: August 20, 2012, 04:11:27 PM »

Good weather vibes to BK and all New Yorkers!

Danise

« Reply #116 on: August 20, 2012, 04:11:55 PM »

Super, duper, mega weather vibes for our one and only BK!!!!!!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: August 20, 2012, 04:13:03 PM »

Continued recording vibes to both BK and Larry.

Danise

« Reply #118 on: August 20, 2012, 04:16:28 PM »

I have never been out of the country but hope that someday I will be able to take a trip or two.  I also confess that while I think I was fairly brave in going to NYC  and Salt Lake City by myself, I would want someone with me for those trips. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #119 on: August 20, 2012, 04:17:52 PM »

Healing Vibes for Bonnie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up