Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: ON SET  (Read 16460 times)

Ginny

Re: ON SET
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2012, 12:53:08 PM »

And I am home from Toyland. So far, it's been a good day.

;D
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2012, 01:05:13 PM »

I have a question for DR Jane, or BK who probably knows this as well.

Stats.  Or Stat's.  For burgers?  DR Jane mentioned it when we were talking about Beverly Hills and it sounded slightly familiar.  I subsequently found a couple of notes from those years indicating I went there, but I'm completely blank on what it was, where it was, anything about it, and the word "stats" is making for an impossible Google search.  I'd love to fill in a memory here.

I found this.  It isn't much.
http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/598665

I remember the thousand island dressing which I have always preferred on a hamburger. 

I also remember cheese in the middle of the burger and rye bread.  We always ate at the one on Wilshire & Doheny.

Mmmm, thousand, just like my Hamlet favorite.

Thank you, DR Jane.  Mine would have been the Wilshire near Doheny one.  Was it a coffee shop style jernt on the north side of Wilshire?  Did they serve breakfast as well as hamburgers and lunch stuff?

ChasSmith

« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2012, 01:07:00 PM »

"Sorry, but we've removed a number of posts sharing memories of Stats."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2012, 01:13:51 PM »

Topic of the Day:

"That's what she said."
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2012, 01:14:37 PM »

I've never heard of "This." 

I don't get it. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2012, 01:16:35 PM »

On a happier note (F-natural), I'm again listening to the (non-Anthony) "Newly Remixed and Remastered" Follies. :D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #96 on: October 16, 2012, 01:29:30 PM »

Is anyone else getting blank pages at EBAY?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ben

« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2012, 01:32:13 PM »

Put the Blame on Meme

Hate to be a difficult person but it rhymes with "team" Some folk do say "mame" but most folk say meeme to rhyme with team or beam or gleam, etc.

Ben

« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2012, 01:34:21 PM »

I don't go to ebay but I went just now to see and I get pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages of pictures. Don't know what your problem is JR but it works for me.

And now I have cookies from ebay in my history which I will go and delete.

Doug R

« Reply #99 on: October 16, 2012, 02:00:53 PM »

Some DRs might know Sara Shane best from the Gordon Scott Tarzan film

Ah yes! I remember her well. She was most attractive in "Tarzan's Greatest Adventure".

George

« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2012, 02:24:09 PM »

I don't go to ebay but I went just now to see and I get pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages of pictures. Don't know what your problem is JR but it works for me.

And now I have cookies from ebay in my history which I will go and delete.

I had no troubles either, JRand.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2012, 02:54:57 PM »

Thanks DR BEN and DR GEORGE - maybe I should restart my computer and see what happens.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #102 on: October 16, 2012, 02:57:26 PM »

I went to eBay.  All the pages were there.  But I didn't need anything (?!?!?) so I left

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2012, 03:05:36 PM »

T.O.D.

This is my answer to Topic of the Day.

"I hear what you're saying!"
Networking
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 03:22:25 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #104 on: October 16, 2012, 03:18:06 PM »

LOL....EBAY is working fine in SAFARI....so I must have clicked something in my FIREFOX browser that did something or other.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2012, 03:18:32 PM »

And DR MBARNUM was correct, as soon as I got into EBAY, I spent $15.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #106 on: October 16, 2012, 03:39:26 PM »

Stats.  Or Stat's.  For burgers?  DR Jane mentioned it when we were talking about Beverly Hills and it sounded slightly familiar.  I subsequently found a couple of notes from those years indicating I went there, but I'm completely blank on what it was, where it was, anything about it, and the word "stats" is making for an impossible Google search.  I'd love to fill in a memory here.

I remember the thousand island dressing which I have always preferred on a hamburger. 

I also remember cheese in the middle of the burger and rye bread.  We always ate at the one on Wilshire & Doheny.

Thank you, DR Jane.  Mine would have been the Wilshire near Doheny one.  Was it a coffee shop style jernt on the north side of Wilshire?  Did they serve breakfast as well as hamburgers and lunch stuff?

The Hamlet thousand island was nowhere near as good.

They served all sorts of other foods besides hamburgers.  I recall ordering delicious BLT's.

It wasn't "fancy" like the Hamlet so I guess you could say it was more like a coffee house. 
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 03:41:17 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #107 on: October 16, 2012, 03:40:31 PM »

"Sorry, but we've removed a number of posts sharing memories of Stats."

No wonder doing a search didn't come up with anythings except references to statistics.

ChasSmith

« Reply #108 on: October 16, 2012, 03:56:39 PM »

They served all sorts of other foods besides hamburgers.  I recall ordering delicious BLT's.

It wasn't "fancy" like the Hamlet so I guess you could say it was more like a coffee house. 

Okay, I think I know which clump of brain cells it was.  And it's funny, because I've remembered that particular place a few times over the years but could never put a name to it.  And I know it wasn't there for too much longer after I'd found it.

Jane

« Reply #109 on: October 16, 2012, 05:09:44 PM »

Okay, I think I know which clump of brain cells it was.  And it's funny, because I've remembered that particular place a few times over the years but could never put a name to it.  And I know it wasn't there for too much longer after I'd found it.

It was a sad day for me when they closed.

Saturday nights my parent's usually went out to dinner with friends.  Before leaving my father would often go pick my hamburgers from Stats for us kids.  Once my brother began driving I had to alternate with the Apple Pan because it was his favorite place.  I didn't really like the Apple Pan yet it is still rated one of the best hamburger places.  He also liked their pie which to me was just ok.  No apple pie has ever compared to my mother's. 

My brother still likes to get a hamburger & slice of pie there and I, of course, wouldn't eat at Stats today.

Cillaliz

« Reply #110 on: October 16, 2012, 05:11:25 PM »

DR Cillaliz, have you and your mom been watching DANCING WITH THE STARS?

Minus Bristol, and possibly Kirstie (although she was super entertaining last night) I think the level is unbelievable. I am so impressed. My favorites are: Shawn/Derek (the past 2 weeks they have been exceptional), Apollo/Karina. And last night I became fans of Melissa/Tony (love how she is trying to include so much difficulty) and Kelly/Val (they were so good last night).

If it isn't Bristol or Kirstie that goes it's gonna be really sad. I'm sort of hoping that those two go first so we can have all superior dances.

Have you been talking to my mother?  :)

Jane

« Reply #111 on: October 16, 2012, 05:28:24 PM »

We received our  invitation to our niece's wedding today.  I just noticed how the envelope is addressed, Mr Keith & Mrs Jane ......

Is this the modern way of addressing a couple?

Cillaliz

« Reply #112 on: October 16, 2012, 05:57:08 PM »

Makes me think of Mr. Eddie's Father

Cillaliz

« Reply #113 on: October 16, 2012, 05:57:46 PM »

Don't know why

Cillaliz

« Reply #114 on: October 16, 2012, 05:59:01 PM »

For those who don't do FB or haven't seen it...this is great

http://youtu.be/CI8UPHMzZm8

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: October 16, 2012, 06:11:38 PM »

As far as I know, the only two Stat's were on Pico near Robertson (the one we ate at) and the one on Wilshire near La Cienega (one block east) - I don't believe there was ever a Stat's at Wilshire and Doheney.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: October 16, 2012, 06:13:06 PM »

Had a sandwich and no fries or onion rings, did errands and whatnot, had to watch all the Outside The Box footage and take notes for the editor, which took most of the afternoon, and picked up one little package (Ontrac of course hadn't delivered but subsequently has, so I'll just get that tomorrow) and I'm now home and relaxing.

Jane

« Reply #117 on: October 16, 2012, 06:31:02 PM »

As far as I know, the only two Stat's were on Pico near Robertson (the one we ate at) and the one on Wilshire near La Cienega (one block east) - I don't believe there was ever a Stat's at Wilshire and Doheney.

I thought I went to Pico & Robertson then didn't read about one there and figured it was me.  Thank you.  I feel so much better now.  I have absolutely no recollection of a second Stat's.  I just remember turning right on Pico from Motor and driving the short distance (remember when there wasn't any traffic and it only took a few minutes) to the restaurant.

ChasSmith

« Reply #118 on: October 16, 2012, 06:41:04 PM »

Plot thickens.  Case reopened.

I got Wilshire & Doheny from that board Jane found.  If that's wrong, my small coffee shop near there is once again a mystery.

What this takes is sitting down in front of old city directories.  I have a few from my other home towns, and they're worth their weight in gold.

Jane

« Reply #119 on: October 16, 2012, 06:43:51 PM »

Plot thickens.  Case reopened.

I got Wilshire & Doheny from that board Jane found.  If that's wrong, my small coffee shop near there is once again a mystery.

What this takes is sitting down in front of old city directories.  I have a few from my other home towns, and they're worth their weight in gold.

I wish you had one for this area.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up