Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: CHARTREUSE SATURDAY  (Read 23209 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
CHARTREUSE SATURDAY
« on: November 24, 2012, 12:23:02 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were slightly Chartreuse and are appearing on a Saturday, and now it is time for you to post until the chartreuse cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: CHARTREUSE SATURDAY
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 12:24:00 AM »

And the word of the day is: BALSAMACEOUS!

Smoke on your pipe and put that in.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 12:46:06 AM »

Topic of the Day:

Fortunately, I have been able to avoid most, if not all, "Black Friday" days.  If I did go out on that day, it probably would've been to go to a movie or to just look around.  I have never "needed" to buy something on Black Friday...at least as far as I can remember.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 03:03:49 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 04:48:31 AM »

Saturday and today is a WORK day....oh well.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 04:53:47 AM »

Deborah Raffin and Larry Hagman.....oh dear.  Two actors I have seen in many things. 

I remember Raffin from Once Is Not Enough.....but mostly from a movie called Touched By Love which was shown REPEATEDLY on HBO the first month I got cable TV in 1982.....she played a nurse who was helping a young girl who suffered from cerebral palsy....by encouraging her to write to Elvis Presley....of course the story took place BEFORE he died....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 04:54:16 AM »

Congrats to DR CILLA LIZ on the new laptop!

ChasSmith

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 05:26:33 AM »

Good morning, all.

Enjoying some INSTANT coffee because the coffeemaker seems to have gone a little south.  I think it needs a good cleaning.

I feel so much better than I did last night.  I needed that solid night's sleep.  I ended up waking up two or three times during the night -- but I don't actually mind that.  As long as it's not due to some discomfort or other, I find it soothing to be awake for moment, look over at the clock, and savor how much sleep I've got ahead of me.  It kind of extends the night. 

(That only works, however, if it's a time when you don't have any demons after you.  If you've got something to worry about, forget it.)

ChasSmith

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2012, 05:37:05 AM »

TOD:

Easy one:  None.

I don't do Black Friday.  Okay, not like the hordes do.  The one year -- was it 2008? -- that there was something I wanted to buy at the Black Friday price, I knew it wouldn't be gone when I got there that afternoon.  It was my first Blu-ray player, a Sony sold at Costco.  I think the going price was $239 and the sale price something like $175.  Yikes!  Isn't that awful?  Now they're what, fifty cents?  But that little player has been a champ and still works beautifully in the room with the truly crappy (at least by my standards now) Costco Vizio LCD screen which also cost way too much money but was the Deal o' the Year in its time.

I'm sure I've picked up DVDs and Blu-rays, in stores and online, on that day, but I otherwise just don't do it.  And it's not like I'm rolling in dough and don't need sales.  Far from it.  But I'm a pretty careful buyer year-round, and I value my sanity.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 05:48:24 AM »

Off to work.

Ginny

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2012, 06:00:34 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  It's Michigan/Ohio State day - Go, Blue!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2012, 06:04:09 AM »

TOD - I am NOT a Black Friday shopper.  The only place I've gone in recent years on the day after Thanksgiving is Kathryn's, my local Vera Bradley enabler retailer.  Didn't even go there yesterday.  My niece and I did shop at Bath and Body Works yesterday, mostly for items for me to contribute next week to a gift drive for needy kids.  I like to give things for older kids because they always get lots of toys for the little ones.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 06:19:05 AM »

Good morning, all.

Happy Saturday!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ben

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 06:19:33 AM »

My new phone is set up and running. It will take some getting used to, the keys are small and it's easy to press something and end up where you don't want to be but since I rarely use it, I don't think it will be too big a problem. I need to go through the PDF User Manual and find out how to shut off the speaker phone.

Jennifer

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2012, 06:21:26 AM »

Yesterday DR Jane asked re: Build A Bears

What a shame.  Do they both have bears?

Oh yes. One has 2. The other has maybe 7. They will go and get some outfits before it closes.

Jennifer

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2012, 06:21:51 AM »

DR CIllaliz so glad you got to see your pet sitter. Hope she can get home soon. !~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ginny

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2012, 06:25:38 AM »

Sorry to hear about Larry Hagman...

John G.

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2012, 06:26:12 AM »

TOD: I went out on a Black Friday morning twice, and never again. Both times I was a victim of somewhat false advertising.

One was for reduced movie tickets at a theater, and the line was around the entire complex. The trick was the sale was limited to the first 150 customers or something like that (and the type on the ad was so tiny it was easily overlooked), so the rest off us standing out in the cold were there for the TV cameras, not the tickets themselves.

The other was caused by an ad from Best Buy that led me to believe all their CDs were on sale, so I grabbed a stack that I wanted, and not one was actually on sale, but I stood in line for more than an hour while waiting. Thankfully, I had a book to read while standing in line -- I remember it being Graham Greene's "The End of the Affair." I didn't buy anything when I heard that they items weren't on sale. That was about eight or nine years ago, and I never returned to the store until this year.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2012, 06:26:17 AM »

DR Cillaliz - thank you for the update on Sharon.  Her determination is inspiring!

ChasSmith

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2012, 06:42:57 AM »

DR John G., while I may have avoided Black Friday madness, I've been duped on things like that in the past -- not reading the fine print carefully, not being aggressive enough in getting to something in time for a deal, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.  In fact, I did that very thing with a stack of CDs at some store last year, thinking they were all on sale.  I hadn't read the signs properly.  Well, we hopefully live and learn.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2012, 06:47:02 AM »

And the word of the day is: BALSAMACEOUS!

Smoke on your pipe and put that in.

Sticks and Stones............

The Song Of The Day Is :  THE PHYSICIAN

Laura

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2012, 07:00:32 AM »

TOD: I remember the last time I went shopping on Black Friday. We went to The Broadway, where they served complimentary doughnuts and coffee in their restaurant. I think DR Sandra was 3 years old.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

ChasSmith

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2012, 07:28:10 AM »

Response #22 on Page 1?

I guess the others are out shopping like maniacs...so we should be looking forward to DOZENS of scintillating posts about their adventures!

Kerry

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2012, 07:32:06 AM »

It's Saturday.  I have a few things I need to get today.  Luckily I can get them at various local small stores since it's Small Business Saturday.  Of course, they way i shop (or don't shop), every Saturday is pretty much Small Business Saturday.
I like boat races.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2012, 07:38:03 AM »

TOD:

I avoid crazy shopping days, like Black Friday.
You can dream…or you can do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2012, 08:12:05 AM »

Good morning, all! The ticklish throat I thought yesterday afternoon was allergies was a full fledged cold by 8pm last night. Today, I am home, staying in bed and sleeping as much as I can. I hope I can shake this thing quickly.

I decided to get out of bed for a bit to help the circulation. Checking my emails, I had to raise hell with Amazon because a shipment I've been expecting was returned to them. On Thirsday, Amazon sent me anemail telling me a delivery attempt had been made and I was not home,soI sent the shipper an email saying I'dbe around all day Friday. No delivery. So,I checked tracking ro learn that delivery attempts were supposedly made last Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday! Curiously, the delivery person left no notification of any delivery attempt and nowmy shipment hasbeen returned. I sent cordial but strongly worded emails to both Amazon and shipper saying thnk you and screw you.

If anyone needs me, I'll be sipping peppermint tea and watching DVDs today.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2012, 08:12:37 AM »

I think we're going to see LINCOLN today.
You can dream…or you can do.

Ginny

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2012, 08:13:29 AM »

Feel better, DR Elmore!

John G.

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2012, 08:31:09 AM »

DR John G., while I may have avoided Black Friday madness, I've been duped on things like that in the past -- not reading the fine print carefully, not being aggressive enough in getting to something in time for a deal, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.  In fact, I did that very thing with a stack of CDs at some store last year, thinking they were all on sale.  I hadn't read the signs properly.  Well, we hopefully live and learn.
I'll live. Learning is another matter.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2012, 08:32:08 AM »

Just finished a fun story on "The Art Lovers' Cookbook: San Antonio." It won't set the world on fire in terms of its recipes, which are easy and dependable. But the artwork in the book is really very nice.
― Voltaire
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up