Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: CHARTREUSE SATURDAY  (Read 23355 times)

Cillaliz

Re: CHARTREUSE SATURDAY
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2012, 01:31:57 PM »

WHEW!!!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2012, 01:33:14 PM »

From Bruce:
The pie from the East Coast Singer did not have a smooth journey I'm a afraid - when I finally removed the tin foil the contents of the pie were all on one side and there was no smoothing it out, I'm afraid.  I had a little bit, but it was a little too wrecked to enjoy.  Now I'm hungry.

I'm sorry.  I never imagined I could ship a pie and now I know I won't attempt it.  Even messed up I would have expected it to still taste good, what a shame.  The thought was extremely nice.

Jane

« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2012, 01:35:39 PM »

DR Matthew I enjoyed reading about your fun evening.

Jane

« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2012, 01:47:10 PM »

DR Cilla when you mentioned putting a gown, etc on I thought it was for Sharon's protection.  I didn't imagine she would still be contagious  :o

I hope the friend who feinted won't stay away for good.  Obviously you have a stronger disposition ;)
I'm very excited for you finally getting to see her.

Sharon's attitude it fantastic.  I'm sure she also has her dark moments as well.  Will this upcoming surgery be her last?  I hope so.

VIBES SHE WILL GO TO A TOP NOTCH REHAB HOSPITAL!!

Jane

« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2012, 01:50:16 PM »

Topic of the Day:

Fortunately, I have been able to avoid most, if not all, "Black Friday" days.  If I did go out on that day, it probably would've been to go to a movie or to just look around.  I have never "needed" to buy something on Black Friday...at least as far as I can remember.

When the boys were young I basically completed my holiday shopping before Thanksgiving.  Only once did Keith & I go to the toy store on Black Friday.  It wasn't as bad as I feared.  I can't imagine going anywhere these days.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2012, 01:51:48 PM »

DR CIllaliz so glad you got to see your pet sitter. Hope she can get home soon. !~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks, she doesn't think she'll be home before Christmas, but she's accepted that and is going to just keep going as long as it takes to get through rehab

Good for her.  That is great news.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2012, 01:53:34 PM »

FEEL BETTER VIBES FOR DR ELMORE!!!

Jane

« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2012, 01:55:15 PM »

Amazon just wrote back that they are sending a second shipment via overnight delivery for Monday at No Charge and forwarding my complaint about the delivery service to their shipping dept. Fantastic!

I have had 3000 mg of vitamin-C, and it's time for some peppermint tea, not chrysanthemum.

Do you have any zinc for your cold?

Good for Amazon!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2012, 01:56:00 PM »

I am trying to watch the Florida / Florida State game; but so far it has been bits and pieces of football squeezed into promos for ONCE UPON A TIME.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2012, 01:58:58 PM »

From DR John G:
The food arrived too soon, so I only got to see a half-dozen or so floats. Most were playing Christmas music, including a few carols I remember from Germany that aren't played too often. One float, however, was playing "Theme from 'New York, New York'," which was oddly out of place at Christmas and in San Antonio. But nobody but me seemed to care.

The December my father passed away I was in L.A. fixing it up to sell & staying with my brother.  A friend of his invited him, and included me, to a party on their boat at the Marina to watch the boat parade.  It was fun.

They have sailboat and big boat parades each Christmas in Florida. Those were wonderful, too. A bit different from the barge floats on the small river that floats through downtown San Antonio.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2012, 01:59:22 PM »

FEEL BETTER VIBES FOR DR ELMORE!!!
Mega doses.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2012, 02:00:09 PM »

I want Chinese food now!
That sounds really good. I may have to do that for dinner tonight.
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2012, 02:00:59 PM »

The Safeway man just delivered my order for the week. Oh gosh!  Did I some how order a pumpkin pie and whipped cream.  Well, guess I will have to some of it.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2012, 02:02:50 PM »

Well, I'm happy with my new phone

LG530G

It's a low-end phone but for me it's high end. I still have to slog through the 100 page PDF manual and I still won't use it much except when I'm traveling or meeting someone, etc. but it's nice to have a new toy. I've taken out the sim card from the old phone and destroyed it and I'll recycle the old phone at Best Buy.

We also got two new cordless handsets at Best Buy to go with our corded land line phone. The one cordless we had was going wonky and we had a gift card so we decided to use it. I've charged them out here and I'll set them up in the city when we get back tomorrow.

I'm glad you are happy with your phone.  I don't care for those little keypads.

We should get new cordless phones.  So far I haven't seen any I want.

John G.

« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2012, 02:03:52 PM »

Well, I went to Costco this morning and spent too much. Then I went to a liquor store and managed to get one gift scratched off my list, and while I was there I thought of another gift to get someone else to finish off that gift list. At this rate, I will have Christmas gifts fairly under control, though the rest of the season will still be a mess juggling all there is to do.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2012, 02:04:30 PM »

I am trying to finish a really good book. It is the last book in a trilogy (it's a dystopian and the final book is called Reached). But my nieces are here. And everytime I get to a good part one of them runs in and wants to play.

I will have to finish it tonight!

;D

I feel very guilty about my lack of patience with my young children when I was nearing the end of a book.

Laura

« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2012, 02:05:44 PM »

Hello. I went to the arboretum today for their autumn leaf festival. It has been so warm here that the trees aren't in peak color yet. So I may get to go again this week.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Jane

« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2012, 02:06:31 PM »

eatable?  Isn't it edible?

I wondered if anyone would comment.  I looked it up and eatable, which popped into my head first, is old fashioned but correct.  I line from Dicken's was used as an example ;)

Jane

« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2012, 02:06:43 PM »

Jane

« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2012, 02:07:14 PM »

I just realized I forgot to go to the client's wedding reception, now I feel like a heel

Oh no!!  You can say you were at the hospital.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2012, 02:08:27 PM »

From DR John G:
The food arrived too soon, so I only got to see a half-dozen or so floats. Most were playing Christmas music, including a few carols I remember from Germany that aren't played too often. One float, however, was playing "Theme from 'New York, New York'," which was oddly out of place at Christmas and in San Antonio. But nobody but me seemed to care.

The December my father passed away I was in L.A. fixing it up to sell & staying with my brother.  A friend of his invited him, and included me, to a party on their boat at the Marina to watch the boat parade.  It was fun.

They have sailboat and big boat parades each Christmas in Florida. Those were wonderful, too. A bit different from the barge floats on the small river that floats through downtown San Antonio.

Sounds pretty.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2012, 02:09:24 PM »

The Safeway man just delivered my order for the week. Oh gosh!  Did I some how order a pumpkin pie and whipped cream.  Well, guess I will have to some of it.

Safeway delivers!  Is that your local Safeway or do most of them?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2012, 02:14:15 PM »

I believe they all deliver.  Try pulling up Safeway.com and click on Grocery Delivery.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2012, 02:18:02 PM »

I believe they all deliver.  Try pulling up Safeway.com and click on Grocery Delivery.

If you have a busy schedule, you can lock in a One Hour Window for delivery @ $12.95, but if you are in no hurry, you can pick a Four Hour Window and it is only $6.95.  For me, either way, it is a bargin.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2012, 02:18:26 PM »

Back from picking up no packages - I was really hoping the replacement card would be here today so I could avoid all these end of the month auto pays not working - oh, well.  I did some driving around and now I have to go eat something.

ChasSmith

« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2012, 02:23:29 PM »

Christmas boat parades!  Now there's something I haven't been around or thought about in such a long time.  Sometimes they can be really nice.

ChasSmith

« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2012, 02:24:33 PM »

Lazy day here -- haven't even left the house -- but I needed this.

ChasSmith

« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2012, 02:27:05 PM »

BK, did you shake off that threat of a cold okay, or still working on it?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2012, 02:27:42 PM »

If you have a busy schedule, you can lock in a One Hour Window for delivery @ $12.95, but if you are in no hurry, you can pick a Four Hour Window and it is only $6.95.  For me, either way, it is a bargin.

And your first delivery is FREE.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2012, 02:28:13 PM »

Am trying to get over my aversion to making pie crust from scratch. That, of course, means having to make pies. Today it will be a side-by-side comparison of Kentucky transparent pies, one with cream and the other without. The one without is likely the traditional transparent pie, because the filling sets up like a pecan pie filling without the nuts. With cream, it sounds more like chess pie. I think the sounds of both are winners.

Then sometime in the next week, there'll be a medieval mushroom pie, which has 2 pounds of mushrooms and 2 cups of grated Swiss cheese baked in a pie crust. That sounds like a main course for a meatless meal to me, with some greens and lettuces from the backyard as a side salad.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up