Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: CHARTREUSE SATURDAY  (Read 23208 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: CHARTREUSE SATURDAY
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2012, 08:33:56 AM »

Two!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2012, 09:57:57 AM »

Amazon just wrote back that they are sending a second shipment via overnight delivery for Monday at No Charge and forwarding my complaint about the delivery service to their shipping dept. Fantastic!

I have had 3000 mg of vitamin-C, and it's time for some peppermint tea, not chrysanthemum.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2012, 11:01:01 AM »

Well, I'm happy with my new phone

LG530G

It's a low-end phone but for me it's high end. I still have to slog through the 100 page PDF manual and I still won't use it much except when I'm traveling or meeting someone, etc. but it's nice to have a new toy. I've taken out the sim card from the old phone and destroyed it and I'll recycle the old phone at Best Buy.

We also got two new cordless handsets at Best Buy to go with our corded land line phone. The one cordless we had was going wonky and we had a gift card so we decided to use it. I've charged them out here and I'll set them up in the city when we get back tomorrow.

Just had left over pork loin and corn for lunch and we're having roast beast for dinner.

I may take a nap.

Larry, hope you get over the cold soon. It's no fun being sick during the Festive Season.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 01:33:24 PM by Ben »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2012, 11:48:37 AM »

I'm up at long last.  It took me a while to fall asleep but I think I got ten hours of blessed sleep.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2012, 12:39:45 PM »

Health vibes for DR elmore, BK, and any other DRs in need!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 01:01:23 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2012, 12:41:57 PM »

Well, I'm happy with my new phone

LG530G

It's a low-end phone but for me it's high end. I still have to slog through the 100 page PDF manual and I still won't use it much except when I'm traveling or meeting someone, etc. but it's nice to have a new toy. I've taken out the sim card from the old phone and destroyed it and I'll recycle the old phone at Best Buy.

We also got two new cordless handsets at Best Buy to go with our corded land line phone. The one cordless we had was going wonky and we had a gift card so we decided to use it. I've charged them out here and I'll set them up in the city when we get back tomorrow.

Just had left over pork loin and corn for lunch and we're having roast beast for dinner.

I may take a nap.

Larry, hope you get over the cold soon. It's no fun being sick during the Festive Season.

DR Ben, it looks like a cool phone, but you are right; those keys are really tiny.  I would be dialing a lot of wrong numbers.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2012, 12:43:14 PM »

Well, the good news is that HHW is up and running.  The bad news is that there aren't a lot of Dear Readers here posting today.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2012, 12:46:59 PM »

Thanks, DR TCB! I've taken 3000 more mg of vitamin-C. I hope, if I can squelch this cold today, that I can go into Toyland tomorrow and accomplish some work on ROBERTA. On Monday, I have to go to Encores! and help Joshie with IT'S A BIRD, IT'S A PLANE, IT's SUPERMAN.

I worked for a bit on the DEAREST ENEMY libretto, typing the lyrics and dialogue we're using. I'm almost through Act One. I'm now going to watch the BBC series THE PASSION to finish off my BBC NATIVITY and BEN-HUR viewing.  I'll have some chicken soup for dinner.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2012, 12:48:08 PM »

T.O.D.

Back in the Seventies, after I left college, I worked in reatil shoes stores in Seattle, Tacoma, Southcenter (between the two), Portland, and Santa Rosa.  Fortunately this was before "Black Friday became a cultural revolution.  It was always a busy day, but no craziness.

I certainly wouldn't want to work retail today (yesterday), nor would I want to shop on Black Friday.  In fact, my years in retail turned me off to malls and Christmas shopping.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 12:51:29 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2012, 12:50:55 PM »

Thanks, DR TCB! I've taken 3000 more mg of vitamin-C. I hope, if I can squelch this cold today, that I can go into Toyland tomorrow and accomplish some work on ROBERTA. On Monday, I have to go to Encores! and help Joshie with IT'S A BIRD, IT'S A PLANE, IT's SUPERMAN.

I worked for a bit on the DEAREST ENEMY libretto, typing the lyrics and dialogue we're using. I'm almost through Act One. I'm now going to watch the BBC series THE PASSION to finish off my BBC NATIVITY and BEN-HUR viewing.  I'll have some chicken soup for dinner.

If you had a good Chinese Take-out near you, I would suggest Hot and Sour Soup.  My doctor swears by it.  I have treid it and it works.  Just order a quart of it and sit with your face over the bowl as you eat it.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2012, 12:54:58 PM »

If you had a good Chinese Take-out near you, I would suggest Hot and Sour Soup.  My doctor swears by it.  I have treid it and it works.  Just order a quart of it and sit with your face over the bowl as you eat it.

Of course, I am sure that the Hot and Sour uses chicken broth for its stock, so I guess we are back to Jewish Penicillin.
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2012, 01:08:12 PM »

I want Chinese food now!

Jennifer

« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2012, 01:08:32 PM »

I did have matzah ball soup for lunch.

Jennifer

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2012, 01:09:31 PM »

I am trying to finish a really good book. It is the last book in a trilogy (it's a dystopian and the final book is called Reached). But my nieces are here. And everytime I get to a good part one of them runs in and wants to play.

I will have to finish it tonight!

Cillaliz

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2012, 01:21:12 PM »

DR CIllaliz so glad you got to see your pet sitter. Hope she can get home soon. !~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks, she doesn't think she'll be home before Christmas, but she's accepted that and is going to just keep going as long as it takes to get through rehab

Cillaliz

« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2012, 01:24:50 PM »

Today I went out for Small Business Saturday (does every day have a shopping name?). Anyway, I found a few Christmas gifts and was greeted in Book People by none other than Santa Claus alive and in person. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2012, 01:27:06 PM »

The cats are pleased I'm home.  One of them is having some problems, not sure which one. I think it's Callie and I think she's doing better today but it could be Boo.   

Cillaliz

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2012, 01:28:01 PM »

I'm enjoying doing nothing today  I"ve finished off all the left overs but some turkey.  I think i'm going to create some sort of casserole or pasta dish with cheese and turkey

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2012, 01:28:10 PM »

From DR TCB:
I still think she should complain to Trader Joe's.  They usually stand behind their products.

It wasn't worth the half hour drive to return it, and I doubt I would have anyway.  It was perfectly eatable, we simply preferred not to.

Cillaliz

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2012, 01:28:34 PM »

I need to get the humidifier going, I'm really dried out

Cillaliz

« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2012, 01:29:02 PM »

eatable?  Isn't it edible?

Cillaliz

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2012, 01:29:18 PM »

Hey it's a post

Cillaliz

« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2012, 01:29:45 PM »

Nevermind they are both words

Cillaliz

« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2012, 01:29:58 PM »

I like your phone Ben

Cillaliz

« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2012, 01:30:23 PM »

La la la tryin to get to the next page

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2012, 01:30:55 PM »

From DR John G:
The food arrived too soon, so I only got to see a half-dozen or so floats. Most were playing Christmas music, including a few carols I remember from Germany that aren't played too often. One float, however, was playing "Theme from 'New York, New York'," which was oddly out of place at Christmas and in San Antonio. But nobody but me seemed to care.

The December my father passed away I was in L.A. fixing it up to sell & staying with my brother.  A friend of his invited him, and included me, to a party on their boat at the Marina to watch the boat parade.  It was fun.

Cillaliz

« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2012, 01:31:06 PM »

I just realized I forgot to go to the client's wedding reception, now I feel like a heel

Cillaliz

« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2012, 01:31:33 PM »

Let's at least get to page 3

Cillaliz

« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2012, 01:31:43 PM »

We're getting closer

Cillaliz

« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2012, 01:31:50 PM »

and closer