Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LACK OF A TITLE OR THE DEVIATED SEPTUM  (Read 12139 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE LACK OF A TITLE OR THE DEVIATED SEPTUM
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2013, 02:07:38 PM »

PAGE THREE DANCE!!

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2013, 02:07:51 PM »

From yesterday:

Loved the photo of Ginny and Doug R!

Happy 32nd Anniversary to Ginny and Richard!!

~~~Travel Vibes for Ginny and Richard!!~~~

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2013, 02:08:03 PM »

From Today:

A Very Happy Birthday to Charles Pogue!! ;D

George

« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2013, 02:08:14 PM »

I hope Ginny and Richard got out of Heathrow!

~~~Ditto!!~~~

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2013, 02:15:54 PM »

I've done seven pages so far - very happy.  Four more later, and if I do another two before the Staitmans get here, I'll only have a couple to do later to finish the chapter I'm on.  This was a hard chapter, because I have a tiny respite from all she's  been doing.  I tend to do this in every book but I never remember that I've done it.  I figure that before we go into hyperdrive on the last four chapters, a tiny respite is welcome.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2013, 02:24:51 PM »

Around 2:00pm the office internet went out again. This happened in December and lasted 3-4 days. I hope this doesn't become a regular occurrence.

I had a lovely meeting with my friend Ben Davis. I want him to record the football hero in ROBERTA.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

KevinH

« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2013, 02:29:01 PM »

Happy Birthday to DR Charles Pogue!

KevinH

« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2013, 02:30:05 PM »

More travel vibes for DR Ginny and DH Richard!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2013, 02:36:55 PM »

Around 2:00pm the office internet went out again. This happened in December and lasted 3-4 days. I hope this doesn't become a regular occurrence.

I had a lovely meeting with my friend Ben Davis. I want him to record the football hero in ROBERTA.
Was that Bob Hope?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2013, 02:42:14 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2013, 02:42:41 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to DR CHARLES POGUE!!

May you have a lovely day!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2013, 02:44:28 PM »

(Late) travel vibes to DR GINNY and DS RICHARD. (I was thinking of you earlier. Does that count?)

Head-cold-go-away vibes to the same!

Belated Happy Anniversary also to the same!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2013, 02:48:25 PM »

Was that Bob Hope?

Nope. Ray Middleton.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2013, 02:49:02 PM »

(Late) travel vibes to DR GINNY and DS RICHARD. (I was thinking of you earlier. Does that count?)

They must have been held up. They should be home by now.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2013, 02:50:06 PM »

TOD:

Last night I started a British TV series called INJUSTICE. It's written by Anthony Horowitz. Given how brilliant FOYLES' WAR was, I'll gladly watch anything by him. I'm not in love with it, but I've only watched the first episode.

The adaptation of Minette Walters' first novel, THE ICE HOUSE, FINALLY went to DVD about two months  ago. I've been watching that for the fifth (?) time. (Had it on tape.) I still think it's brilliant. It was the first time I'd seen Daniel Craig and, even after so many viewings, I still think it's an excellent performance. A really haunting story, too. 

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2013, 02:56:32 PM »

This long weekend will probably be a Waiting for God marathon. We don't have Season 4 because it's out of the library but last night we watched Season 1 and we will probably watch Seasons 2 and 3 this weekend. Perhaps by then Season 4 will be back and then later in the month we can watch Seasons 4 and 5 (the final season). Then it's on the One Foot in the Grave. They have all 6 seasons at the NY Public Library.

We have also been watching

The Grand

on Acorn TV. It's a Brit TV drama from 1997.

I always liked WAITING FOR GOD. Stephanie Cole is, of course, in DOC MARTIN, also.

I LOVE THE GRAND!! Fine withering remarks even without Maggie Smith. And Mark McGann is sooo slimy as the ruthless slumlord. One of my favorite scenes is when the hall porter describes a suspect to police. Great entertainment!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2013, 02:59:30 PM »

The lady in the NJ Beth Bath and Beyond yesterday was stabbed 24 times by a young mental case who should have been locked up: in December he burned to death a cat in a pet carrying case. I suppose they'll plead him insane, but I hope he's put away for a long time.  The lady is in serious condition and her baby was unharmed.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 03:23:27 PM by elmore3003 »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2013, 03:00:00 PM »

I am trying to wrap my head around the concept (and the execution) of a Cocktail Conference.
Imagine being in my head the morning after, my friend.

Anyway, it's a big old fundraiser for four days in which liquor flows freely. Last night, the group took over the Majestic Theater and had several dozen cocktail stations throughout featuring all sorts of complex and lively libations. As I promised Matthew last night, I will post a few recipes later.

Tonight, we go on river boat cruises through the River Walk area with more libations, followed by an after-hours party with more libations. That goes until 2 a.m.

During the days, which I can attend today because of work, there are bartender competitions with highly coveted prizes for this hand-crafted cocktail world, which is its own subgroup. Also, there are seminars on everything from ice to classic gin cocktails.

And attendance at this is required by your job, right?   ;)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2013, 03:05:56 PM »

The lady in the NJ Beth Bath and Beyond yesterday was stabbed 24 times by a young mental case who should have been locked up: in December he burned to death a cat in a pet carrying case, I suppose they'll plead him insane, but I hope he's pt away for a long time.  The lady is in serious condition and her baby was unharmed.

My God! I hadn't heard the details.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2013, 03:06:46 PM »

TTFN.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2013, 03:19:12 PM »

The lady in the NJ Beth Bath and Beyond yesterday was stabbed 24 times by a young mental case who should have been locked up: in December he burned to death a cat in a pet carrying case, I suppose they'll plead him insane, but I hope he's pt away for a long time.  The lady is in serious condition and her baby was unharmed.

It was just on the news. All I'd heard yesterday on the news was that she'd been stabbed and was medivac'd from the mall. Today they showed her husband, who was a mess, and gthe stabber after arraignment.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 03:22:32 PM by elmore3003 »

George

« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2013, 03:21:17 PM »

:o Holy crap!  Hopefully he will be removed from society for good!

Doug R

« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2013, 03:34:25 PM »

They must have been held up. They should be home by now.

I think their plane, as well as everyone else's, was severely delayed departing London. There were also hundreds of cancellations - and it' s still snowing!

John G.

« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2013, 04:00:29 PM »

I am trying to wrap my head around the concept (and the execution) of a Cocktail Conference.
Imagine being in my head the morning after, my friend.

Anyway, it's a big old fundraiser for four days in which liquor flows freely. Last night, the group took over the Majestic Theater and had several dozen cocktail stations throughout featuring all sorts of complex and lively libations. As I promised Matthew last night, I will post a few recipes later.

Tonight, we go on river boat cruises through the River Walk area with more libations, followed by an after-hours party with more libations. That goes until 2 a.m.

During the days, which I can attend today because of work, there are bartender competitions with highly coveted prizes for this hand-crafted cocktail world, which is its own subgroup. Also, there are seminars on everything from ice to classic gin cocktails.

And attendance at this is required by your job, right?   ;)
My second job, as it were, yes. It is work. Hard labor.  ;)
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2013, 04:01:18 PM »

That is terrible.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2013, 04:01:54 PM »

Well, I'm leaving work for liquid work. Writing a story about it last night was hard. I just wanted to sleep. Or drink some more.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2013, 04:02:17 PM »

The sauna after my workout just now got rid of a few toxins, I hope.
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2013, 04:06:48 PM »

Hopefully DR GINNY & RICHARD are in the air....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2013, 04:07:10 PM »

The tab at the bottom of the page for HHW today reads:  The lack of a tit.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2013, 04:32:59 PM »

This long weekend will probably be a Waiting for God marathon. We don't have Season 4 because it's out of the library but last night we watched Season 1 and we will probably watch Seasons 2 and 3 this weekend. Perhaps by then Season 4 will be back and then later in the month we can watch Seasons 4 and 5 (the final season). Then it's on the One Foot in the Grave. They have all 6 seasons at the NY Public Library.

We have also been watching

The Grand

on Acorn TV. It's a Brit TV drama from 1997.

On Wednesday I'm seeing Lincoln for free with a friend from SAG and on Tuesday the 29th I'm seeing the stage version of

Cinderella

we love One Foot in the Grave  i have been thinking about buying the complete series for years but it is so expensive it - alas our library does not have it -   enjoy!!

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up