Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: JUGGLING  (Read 14812 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
JUGGLING
« on: January 19, 2013, 12:12:58 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had all the balls in the air, and now it is time for you to post until the juggling cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: JUGGLING
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 12:13:37 AM »

And the word of the day is: MENTOR!

Ginny

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 03:21:46 AM »

Saturday morning greetings from HOME!  We boarded the plane in a timely manner and then sat for 5+ hours as the weather deteriorated.  When we finally landed at Newark, we'd missed our connection to Dayton.  They got us on a flight to Cincinnati and Rob and Mary Linda picked us up and brought us home.  Today we'll retrieve Richard's car from Dayton.  By the time I fell into bed, I'd been up for 24 hours.

And I'm sick...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 04:13:25 AM »

Hurray!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 04:13:45 AM »

Oh I guess I should have read the ENTIRE post before I wrote.

Boo!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 04:14:21 AM »

Today is a work day.  Oh well.

Interview vibes for THE VIXTER.

Continued writing vibes for MR BK.

Note to self:  New OTB episode is up tomorrow.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 04:14:43 AM »

Dog is still asleep even though I am up and the lights are on.

ChasSmith

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 04:34:39 AM »

Good morning, all.

Up too early for a Saturday morning.  But there could be worse things to complain about.

ChasSmith

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 04:36:40 AM »

A big WELCOME HOME to DR Ginny and DH Richard!

The 5+ hours is one of my worst nightmares that I haven't yet had to endure.  But enduring it while having a cold???   OY!  Get some well deserved rest!

Doug R

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 04:41:57 AM »

Saturday morning greetings from HOME!  We boarded the plane in a timely manner and then sat for 5+ hours as the weather deteriorated.  When we finally landed at Newark, we'd missed our connection to Dayton.  They got us on a flight to Cincinnati and Rob and Mary Linda picked us up and brought us home.  Today we'll retrieve Richard's car from Dayton.  By the time I fell into bed, I'd been up for 24 hours.

And I'm sick...

So sorry you didn't get away on time Ginny. The TV news here has been full of complaints from passengers who similarly had to sit on planes for many hours yesterday waiting to take off. That's an appalling way to treat people.

Ginny

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 04:42:38 AM »

Thank you, DR ChasSmith.  I only hope I didn't infect a bunch of other people.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 04:45:01 AM »

And I'm sick...

So sorry you didn't get away on time Ginny. The TV news here has been full of complaints from passengers who similarly had to sit on planes for many hours yesterday waiting to take off. That's an appalling way to treat people.

After 3 hours, they offered the option of getting off, but said there would be no way of getting back on and your checked baggage would go to Newark.  We didn't really see any point to leaving the plane.

ChasSmith

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 04:45:54 AM »

Very interesting, about the 21 chapters.  Never would have noticed that, either.  But, once knowing it, it's just another little thing to appreciate.  There's something comforting about consistency, even with something that would not seem to matter in and of itself.

ChasSmith

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 04:52:08 AM »

And I'm sick...

After 3 hours, they offered the option of getting off, but said there would be no way of getting back on and your checked baggage would go to Newark.  We didn't really see any point to leaving the plane.

Horrible.  There's something so lacking in our system and our facilities, that people need to be trapped on a plane for hours without options.  Getting off but not getting back on?  And that "option" is only presented after three hours of boring, constrained entrapment?

Ginny

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 05:08:45 AM »

By the time we got to the 3-hour mark, we'd pulled away from the gate and taxied to the line-up for a runway that was closed before our turn.  Because our original gate was by then occupied by an arriving flight, we were in a holding area.  Anyone who chose to get off was bussed back to the terminal.  I don't know if anyone opted to leave the plane.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 05:17:02 AM »

I have opted to go to work.

Michael

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 05:39:13 AM »

good morning to all
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 05:48:19 AM »

One of my co-workers is leaving after almost 10 years.
I want to give a little gift. I want to make a cd of "Good-bye" songs.

This is what I have so far

Be Back Soon (Oliver)
So Long Dearie (Hello, Dolly)
So Long Farewell (The Sound of Music)
As If We Never Said Goodbye (Sunset Blvd)
Don't Like Goodbyes (House of Flowers)
Goodbye For Now (Reds)
Goodbye (The Producers)
We Musn't Say Goodbye (Stagedoor Canteen)
The Promise (I'll Never Say Goodbye)

Most of these are gut wrenching ballads. I need some upbeat songs. Any suggestions?
Never stop dreaming.

Ben

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 05:58:03 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 05:58:09 AM »

One of my co-workers is leaving after almost 10 years.
I want to give a little gift. I want to make a cd of "Good-bye" songs.

This is what I have so far

Be Back Soon (Oliver)
So Long Dearie (Hello, Dolly)
So Long Farewell (The Sound of Music)
As If We Never Said Goodbye (Sunset Blvd)
Don't Like Goodbyes (House of Flowers)
Goodbye For Now (Reds)
Goodbye (The Producers)
We Musn't Say Goodbye (Stagedoor Canteen)
The Promise (I'll Never Say Goodbye)

Most of these are gut wrenching ballads. I need some upbeat songs. Any suggestions?

Goodbye (The Prince's Farewell) from Little Me

Laura

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 06:09:24 AM »

Bye-Bye Birdie.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Jennifer

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 06:34:21 AM »

And I'm sick...

I'm glad you made it home. But I wish they would realize these things before they board people. So unfair. Why should someone have to sit for 5 hours. And then to tell people they could get off but not back on and then lose their luggage?  I am claustrophobic and would have been very unhappy to sit there for so long.

Jennifer

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2013, 06:36:03 AM »

By the time we got to the 3-hour mark, we'd pulled away from the gate and taxied to the line-up for a runway that was closed before our turn.  Because our original gate was by then occupied by an arriving flight, we were in a holding area.  Anyone who chose to get off was bussed back to the terminal.  I don't know if anyone opted to leave the plane.

I'll bet they didn't tell people it would be an extra 2 hours. :)

But who would be willing to miss their flight and possibly lose their luggage.

Since the weather was so bad did they give people the option BEFORE getting on the plane not to board (reschedule).

Jennifer

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, 06:40:21 AM »

BK instead of ordering another version of DOWNTON ABBEY for the Christmas episode you could always wait until it airs in a few weeks on PBS and then record it.

Ginny

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 06:51:46 AM »

And I'm sick...

I'm glad you made it home. But I wish they would realize these things before they board people. So unfair. Why should someone have to sit for 5 hours. And then to tell people they could get off but not back on and then lose their luggage?  I am claustrophobic and would have been very unhappy to sit there for so long.

DR Matthew, the one good thing about yesterday's flight was that it wasn't fully booked.  The seats are 3-3-3, and few, if any, middle seats were occupied.  Richard and I had aisle seats across from each other, so it was pretty comfortable.  At least for the first few hours...

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2013, 06:52:07 AM »

And the word of the day is: MENTOR!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  GIVE A LITTLE WHISTLE

Ginny

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, 06:52:50 AM »

Doctor's appointment at 10:30 - bye for now!

Laura

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2013, 07:04:56 AM »

Glad you made it home safely, Ginny. Sounds like you had a great trip, up until the last twelve hours.

Honestly, though, you wouldn't have wanted to have taken off if the weather was unsafe. But how frustrating to have to sit and wait for so long.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2013, 07:05:11 AM »

Good morning, all! 

DR Ginny, I am happy to hear that you finally did land in Middletown, OH. I had a similar ordeal once, but my only aggravation was that by the time plane took off, I'd finished the book I planned to read on the flight, and all I could do during the actual flight was read the ailrlines literature. Oy! Thank you for the post card. I hope you will be feeling better quite soon.

I slept late: whatever drugs I've for the pains in my neck and shoulders are not strong enough to knock me out so it takes forever to get to sleep.  It was niceand chilly in the apartment around 7:30, so I decided to stay inside the comforter rather than get up and face the day.

I will shortly begin the laundry, write up the corrections on the Moross score, and think about a trip to the market.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Kerry

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2013, 07:13:35 AM »

Sending Healthy Satrurday Vibes to Everybody!
I like boat races.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up