Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: CHOREOGRAPHY  (Read 12985 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:CHOREOGRAPHY
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2004, 01:53:07 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmm......does MR BK demonstrate choreography the way John Smithee demonstrates choreography?

Lots of great photos....I think DR JOSE should learn the dances as well.

In the CD player - JEEPERS CREEPERS

In the DVD player - LORD OF THE RINGS, RETURN OF THE KIND

VCR - DUBARRY WAS A LADY
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2004, 01:54:29 PM »

Page Three Dance  ;D

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2004, 02:06:52 PM »

FYI - I decided against going to the MANCHURIAN screening. Food or no food, I don't want to see it. Anyway, I got invited to a barbecue that very night to watch Kerry accept his nomination. I'm sure the food will be just as good. I hope, however, that there will be no MANCHURIAN scenes played out at the Convention.

Danise

« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2004, 02:12:16 PM »

Afternoon all!

I thought I would be back on line last night but I guess I was more tired than I thought.   :D

Thank you all again for the good vibes/thoughts.  I'm very sure they had a great deal to with how good I'm feeling.  And I am feeling very good.  Like yesterday never happened.  Could you ask for anything better than that?

If you don't believe me, ask Jane.  She was kind enough to call me this morning and can testify that I sound ready to roll.  

I'm waiting for things to cool down a bit and then I am going to take the dogs for a walk.  I fully plan on going back to work on Monday, if my boss will let me.  

I have to make a Choreographay statement.  I of the 4 left feet (2 left feet just wouldn't cover how bad I am).  I of the "Ain’t got no rhythm” fame.  I of the “She who has stepped on more feet than the feet who were dancing with her” club.  Salute you!  The only time I have been even a half way good dancer was when my Dad danced with me in his arms.    ;D

Tonight the new amphitheater opens in Tampa.  I haven’t seen any lists of who is going to be playing there but I hope that Meat Loaf comes to town sometime soon.    

I finely got the print up to an acceptable size on the new computer.  I haven't really had time to play with it.  I was going to try down loading (or that considered up loading--I get them confused) some of my video camera tapes but found I need a S-line.  I will go to Radio Shack or some such place and get one tomorrow.  

I also want to get some good dirt.  I'm in a planting mode again.  Since I've been so disapointed by the Four O'clocks I planted in the ground, I am going to try again by planting them a planter and baby them until I can transplant them to the ground.  I want the white, multi colors, etc.!  I found a new color on E-bay called Custard and Cream so I ordered some seeds.  Can't wait for them to arrive so I can get them planted.  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2004, 02:17:53 PM »

Hi Danise.  I'm still looking forward to photos of your 4 o'clocks.  :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2004, 02:20:55 PM »

Ah....summer flowers.  I have a bunch of Naked Ladies in my front yard!

Michael

« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2004, 02:25:48 PM »

From Montreal>

Fav Jerry Goldsmith scores. The Omen for which he won his only oscar. (According to IMDB he was nomiated 17 times) Star Trek: The Motion Picture with its majestic main title score.

I also liked his theme to the TV series The Waltons
Never stop dreaming.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2004, 02:27:08 PM »

Ah....summer flowers.  I have a bunch of Naked Ladies in my front yard!

Whatever floats your boat! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2004, 02:31:11 PM »

Hehehehe....I don't think they are unique to Indiana....but they proliferate in the summer!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2004, 02:33:20 PM »

In my DVD player:  "Who Killed Teddy Bear?"  a DVD-R that I got from eBay!  The first copy that I got was defective. :'( After 25 minutes and 19 seconds, it froze.  There was nothing on the disc after that!  I e-mailed the seller and yesterday I got the replacement.  It's all there! :D I scanned through the entire movie to make sure that it's all there and it is.  Also, I think that the "swimming pool scene" was inspiration for a similar costuming choice for David Duchovny in an episode of "The X-Files!" ;D It was very similar! ;)

In my CD player:  the 1968 complete cast recording of Irma La Douce, courtesy of DR François!  It's the entire show!  After that will be "Glorious Gershwin" with the BBC Concert Orchestra, Mary Carewe and Michael Dore...also from François.  Thanks, :-* and Thanks, again! :-*

In my VCR:  last night's episode of "The Graham Norton Effect," and something else that I taped, but I don't remember what it is.  It'll be a surprise...I hope.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2004, 02:36:30 PM »

And I should have added how wondeful Danise sounded on the phone, and very very happy to feel so good.  :)  It made my day to talk to her.

Now I'm off to do errands I should have done a couple of hours ago.  I really didn't want to leave the house until Keith was done mowing the law in this heat.  

Danise

« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2004, 02:36:49 PM »

Humm, Naked Ladies--I've never heard of that flower.  Dare I ask for a photo?   :D

I went out to take some pictures of the flowers I have but they are still closed.  I guess it's so hot they are sleeping in!  It's 5:36 and they are four o'clocks.  Hummm.....  As soon as they open, I will snap a picture and post it for you.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Panni

« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2004, 02:42:26 PM »

Glad to hear you're feeling so terrific, Danise!

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2004, 02:44:39 PM »

Awhile back I posted that a friend had successfully bid on Ethel Merman's dress.

I just heard that it arrived. And it still REEKS of cigarette smoke.

Danise

« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2004, 02:53:04 PM »

Sorry guys, I stepped away to make myself a sandwich.

Thank you, Panni.  I haven't even taken one pain pill.  

I'm sorry to hear your not feeling so good.  Sometimes a case of the blues is harder to fight than a illness.  Be gentle with yourself and try to think or do things that make you happy.  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2004, 03:13:12 PM »

Glad to hear you are doing so well, Danise.

~~~~~~ to Panni

The car is fixed and the family is on their way home.

I had a bit of a moving accident today. I tried to move something too large and dropped it on myself. Ouch.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Danise

« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2004, 03:34:11 PM »

Double Ouch, DRLaura!  Be careful!  Don't hurt your back!  I've never done it and I do my share of stuff I shouldn't do but people keep telling me that if you hurt yourself you will be sorry.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Panni

« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2004, 03:37:15 PM »

DR Laura - Ouch!

Robin

« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2004, 04:14:50 PM »

The weekly Medea Czech goes a little something like this:

On deeveedee: Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell and Donovan's Brain.

On CD: Like BK, I've decided to remember some of the great scores Jerry Goldsmith has given us: Chinatown, A Patch of Blue, Studs Lonegan, and the Varese CD of The Other/The Mephisto Waltz.

In the VHS player: today's episode of Jeopardy!  Michael and I finally broke down and bought a cheap VCR last week.  

What I'm reading: The Faith Healers by James Randi.  What these charlatans get away with is nothing less than appalling.  
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2004, 04:50:04 PM »

Who ever thought I'd know anyone who'd seen CHU-CHEM?

But did anyone see:
The Zulu and the Zayda

I did! The most excellent Yaphet Kotto starred in it with some old yid, in Los Angeles a zillion years ago - and i ushered for it!!!

PennyO

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2004, 05:00:13 PM »

Yaphet Kotto is indeed most excellent.

The first time I saw him was in The Great White Hope. I can't imagine even James Earl Jones giving a more powerful performance.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2004, 05:01:49 PM »

Oy - still having trouble with all this technical stuff - what a spaz... I meant to have the "Yes, i saw it" comment below the quote... ah, me

I did enjoy that show. There was only one musical number i vaguely remember - Oysgezechnet, or something like that. The old guy teaching Yiddish to the Zulu. I remember it was all as political as heck, lots of (for that time) rather lucid, if inflammatory, rhetoric. And every time I see Yaphet Kotto in a movie, even now, I remember him from that play - he was so still, so present - even his silence was eloquent.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2004, 05:06:50 PM »

More on Yaphet Kotto: sometimes I watch the De Niro-Grodin movie, Midnight Run, just for Kotto's performance. He is so absolutely true, every minute - no seams showing ever, nothing but the truth, and he makes me laugh without my ever seeing how he does it.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2004, 05:08:45 PM »

Dan, looks like we're alone here, and i'm headed for the showers after a long afternoon in the yard... more later, bro.
PennyO

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2004, 05:21:22 PM »

Is "The Bourne Supremecy" a sequel to "Bourne Yesterday"?
And the final film in the series will be "Bourne Free."
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2004, 05:30:15 PM »

While doing our shopping for the week or so, der Brucer and I picked up The Bourne Identity on DVD.  But we aren't playing it yet.  Der B is watching Stargate on the SciFi channel.  Damon will have to wait.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2004, 05:51:13 PM »

I am off to the Cinegrill, Dear Readers, located within the historic Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, deep in the heart of Hollywood, U.S.A.  I shall be seeing and hearing Miss Maureen McGovern in a program entitled:  "Sultry Songs On A Hot Summer's Night--A celebration of Arlen, Ellington, Gershwin and more."

You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Jane

« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2004, 06:12:54 PM »

I saw Ann's name when I came on, now she is gone.  I do hope she has left the airport by now.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2004, 06:16:46 PM »

DRLaura-ouch.  Yesterday we went to Costco and when we returned I opened the back of our SUV and a heavy box of computer paper fell on my big toe.  It is sore when I touch it but no damage was done.  I hope you haven’t done more than that.  You must have just been getting excited the family will be home soon.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2004, 06:19:08 PM »

And the final film in the series will be "Bourne Free."

Belay that "final film" notion.

Nothing exceeds like a successful series.

On the drawing board:

"Bourne on the 4th of July";

"Bourne to Be Wild";

"Natural Bourne Killers"; and

"A Star is Bourne".
« Last Edit: July 23, 2004, 06:31:10 PM by RLP »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up