Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LUDDITE WHO KNEW TOO MUCH  (Read 11266 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE LUDDITE WHO KNEW TOO MUCH
« on: May 22, 2013, 12:24:56 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes knew too much, and now it is time for you to post until the Luddite cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE LUDDITE WHO KNEW TOO MUCH
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 12:25:41 AM »

And the word of the day is: PASQUINADE!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 12:41:12 AM »

BK, the test site looks pretty good.  I figured out how to get to the homepage, the "www.haineshisway.com" equivalent.  Will the final homepage have the current and previous notes like the test site does right now or will it eventually become more like what the current version is, where we click past the notes (with or without an Unseemly Button) to get into the website-proper? 

Does that makes sense?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 12:55:38 AM »

Well, I need to go to bed.  In the morning, my sister is having everyone over for brunch.  I'm taking the morning off from work but will go in later.  I have a meeting at 1:30 that I can't get out of...so I'll go for the meeting and probably stay until I have to leave for rehearsal.  We've been having some problems with a couple of the microphones but hopefully that can be fixed tonight.  We'll see.

Good night, all.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 03:30:05 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Doug R

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 04:16:59 AM »

It's a work day so I'll be off soon.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 04:51:14 AM »

Good morning, all.

First day back to work.

Continued vibes to all, especially TCB and Jeanne.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 04:54:25 AM »

I agree on "Half a Sixpence," but I was glad to see it. Still wonder why they cut another of my favorites from the score, "The Party's on the House."
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Michael

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 05:29:12 AM »

Good morning to all.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 05:32:41 AM »

All I remember about Half A Sixpence was the first film to play the Seville theater in Montreal after The Sound of Music play the theater for 2 1/2 years.

Half a Sixpence run was cut short after the theater had a fire. The film didn't move to another theater.
Never stop dreaming.

Kerry

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 05:36:44 AM »

It should be more than Wednesday.
I like boat races.

Laura

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 05:49:31 AM »

Good morning.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

ChasSmith

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 05:55:27 AM »

Good morning, all.

Enjoyed a decent sleep, one reason being that I'd decided early yesterday afternoon that it was suddenly time to fire up the air conditioner for the first time this season.  Attempting to slog through the afternoon and evening with just fans was no longer an option.  So I went through my ritual of gently hosing down the outdoor unit very nicely, figuring that the spring pollen, if nothing else, would be making it work harder (and the old girl doesn't need to work any harder than necessary, lemme tell you).  Went back inside, set the thermostats, and - Voila! - it played the Hallelujah Chorus.

ChasSmith

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 05:57:21 AM »

An hour or two later, all was cool, dry bliss -- and it even made the evening's movie watching (a fine black-and-white double feature, HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL and TOO LATE BLUES) comfortable and fun.

So, the house was nice and cool and I turned the A/C off for the night, which worked perfectly.  We'll still need it later today, at least, then the temperatures are supposed to go back down for a while.

ChasSmith

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 05:58:20 AM »

Sadly, I don't think it's going to be a very nice Memorial Day weekend.  Those are all too often cool and/or rainy here.  But we did have two absolutely great ones in a row, so I guess we're due for that again.

ChasSmith

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 05:58:36 AM »

Just rambling on here.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 06:01:50 AM »

Wednesday....we are having our read thru tonight, but first I have to take some GREEN SCREEN photos of the little kids in YOU'RE A GOOD MAN, CHARLIE BROWN.

I asked for two sentences from each mother about their child....because I said this is a slide show in the lobby with each slide of two kids running for not longer than 15 seconds.....

This is what I have so far:

Amaya is 12 years old and will be a 7th grader at North Clay Middle School. This is Amaya's first time at Putnam County Playhouse and is having a great time meeting everyone in the production. Amaya would like to thank Mr. Brad Sandy for letting her be a part of this production. Amaya has been on stage since the age of 6 and loves every minute of it! She has been in the following productions Pied Piper, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Paulina's Pizza Palace, Music Man, Meet Me In St. Louis, The Rockin Tale of Snow White, The King and I, Annie, and The Aliens are Coming. Amaya won Best Supporting Actress Runner Up for her role as Tootie in Meet Me In St. Louis with Terre Haute Community Theatre. When Amaya is not on stage she is busy with weekly voice lessons and playing soccer year round. Enjoy the show!!

AND:

Be not afeard!   Addison Hughes may be full of noises, but he aims to give delight and hurt not.    The Greencastle Middle School student has previously appeared in Putnam County Playhouse productions of Cinderella, Footloose, and The Tempest (Youth Workshop), where he channeled his inner beast into a curl-encrusted portrayal of Caliban.   In the last year, Addison has appeared on the GHS stage as The World's Tallest Munchkin in The Wizard of Oz, and as Verges in Much Ado About Nothing at DePauw's Festival of Shakespeare.   In the spirit of tooting his own horn, Addison also enjoys playing the trumpet in the school band.

Editing is something I do very well:

Amaya attends North Clay Middle School. She loves performing & soccer.

Addison attends Greencastle Middle School. He enjoys being in plays and playing the trumpet.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

ChasSmith

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2013, 06:06:28 AM »

I had never seen TOO LATE BLUES and was pleasantly stunned at how great it is -- everything BK said in the announcement for the CD, and then some.  

It's a great starter film for anyone who hasn't seen any Cassavetes.  It's far from being hardcore Cassavetes.  It's accessible, but nevertheless hard hitting.  I'm no expert on Cassevetes but I'm prone to appreciating his stuff, so I just love this one.

ChasSmith

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 06:07:45 AM »

OMG, DR Jrand62.

Thank the Ye Gods you are good with the scissors.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2013, 06:14:48 AM »

Good morning, all! Another day of vacation, and I slept late. Tomorrow I'm heading down to Toyland, just to stay busy.

I have nothing more to report at the moment. I need coffee and some breakfast.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2013, 06:14:56 AM »

And since we're all talking about it, I've never seen any incarnation of HALF A SIXPENCE.  

I got the original cast album as a member of the RCA Record Club (we were a Columbia Record Club family, then I branched out into RCA at some point).  Listened to it some and I guess I sort of liked it (how's that for wishy-washy? or is it namby-pamby?), but that's as far as my relationship with it ever went.  The film came out as I was starting college and I was awful about getting to the new movie musicals during those years.

From what I'm reading here, I'll leave the film alone for now and look forward to seeing someone do the stage version at some point.  And I shall take that album out and give it a spin.

ChasSmith

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2013, 06:24:52 AM »

In other news, I'm going to see the Taylor-Burton CLEOPATRA on the big screen in a real theater this evening.  Or what normally passes for a real theater these days.  But the local AMC is renovated and quite decent, and has, whether by accident or design, given absolutely flawlessly presentations of the other one-time showings of THE BIRDS and LAWRENCE OF ARABIA over the past year or so, and I'm hoping for an equally fine experience at this one -- which I hate to admit I've only ever seen on DVD.

John G.

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2013, 06:27:50 AM »

Love your editing skills, JRand.
― Voltaire

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2013, 06:28:03 AM »

We watched a very good movie last night, A LATE QUARTET with Christopher Walken and Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Highly recommended.
You can dream…or you can do.

ChasSmith

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2013, 06:29:56 AM »

We watched a very good movie last night, A LATE QUARTET with Christopher Walken and Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Highly recommended.

I must see that.

ChasSmith

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2013, 06:33:46 AM »

BTW, another nice thing about the local AMC is that one of the managers is a close friend, so I get in free for everything -- even the special presentations -- which makes a helluva difference in how I feel about going out to movies these days.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2013, 06:36:08 AM »

Well DR CHAS SMITH - I can't possibly be as exciting as when CLEOPATRA opened in Indianapolis in July, 1963, and Loew's Theater brought in marching bands, majorettes, local television, AND Frances Farmer to comment on the event. 

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2013, 06:37:09 AM »

Frances loved her opera length gloves.
Even in Indiana in the summer time.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2013, 07:16:44 AM »

37 degrees and snow  :o   Our poor petunias.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2013, 07:18:45 AM »

Wednesday.

I thought it would never get here.

It should be Friday, already!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up