Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELL BENT FOR LEATHER  (Read 46358 times)

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
Re:HELL BENT FOR LEATHER
« Reply #270 on: October 24, 2003, 11:12:18 PM »

DR Jason:  I am not seeing your picture on your posts.  I can see the rectangle where the picture should be, and up in the upper left hand corner a little box with a red "X" in it.  Can other Dear Readers see Jason's picture or is this a problem only on my computer?
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #271 on: October 24, 2003, 11:30:49 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen..

Completely unprecedented here at HHW - a QUADRUPLE entry in Juliana's Journal - all in an effort to get everyone up to date and thoroughly MODERN!  Enjoy....

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #272 on: October 24, 2003, 11:34:25 PM »

Favourite BK's "Schwartz" and "Judy Kuhn".
Hope you enjoy your weekend on the matress Matthew. Some of us can only use our memories!

I am so glad that your memories manage to last for, at least, twenty-four hours.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Dennis

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #273 on: October 24, 2003, 11:45:04 PM »

Ben...two things.  Thank you very much for your help on getting me "pinned."  Your instructions worked.
I also like "The Gay 90's".  It's a lot of fun and I agree about Jason Graae.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #274 on: October 24, 2003, 11:54:57 PM »

Alright, I've given in and added a pic.  It's not at all the best one of me (this was backstage Fiddler on the Roof, thus the freakin' huge beard), but it's the only one I could find on my computer right now.  I'll try to track down a better one...soon!

Jed:  And you have the nerve to make fun of my Captain Kagaroo tie???
“One thing’s universal,

Jason

« Reply #275 on: October 24, 2003, 11:57:27 PM »

Well, Dear Readers, my worst nightmares have come true. Two of them, in fact, both dealing with the same subject matter. Not only did I just catch a mouse in my supposedly mouse-proofed apartment, I heard the damn thing die! I quite literally turned out my lights, climbed into my supposedly mouse-proofed bed and the moment I closed my eyes I heard SNAP! and then I heard what was probably the most horrifying part... You all know that when you behead a chicken, its body tends to jump and run about for a few moments before "dying?" Well, apparently a mouse can flop and jump and scramble while its head is caught in a mousetrap. I was led to believe that they died instantly. Apparently not. The trap was about six inches from where I had placed it, and the mouse--honest to God--was about five inches long from nose to tail. It was a long mouse!! Cute, long and deader than Michael Crawford's career.

My hope is that this mouse has been trapped inside my apartment since Monday afternoon, and that the chewing and gnawing sounds I heard was the mouse trying to chew and gnaw it's way OUT of my apartment. I'm thinking that it was in here for so long, and I cleaned out my apartment so well, that it finally became hungry enough to go for the bait on the trap. I'm also deceiving myself into thinking that this is the self-same mouse that knocked over the picture on my bureau. I'd sleep much better thinking those things. Being the pessimist that I am, however (I do live in New York City, for crying out loud), I am inclined to think that the mice have found another way in and that this is going to be quite the power struggle between man and rodent.

On a happier note, I failed to mention that I will not be going home for Thanksgiving this year. Wait, that didn't come out right. That's not the good news--I'm actually quite disappointed that I can't go home--but the good news is that my boss at the Met and his wife have invited me and my friend Jennifer to their home in Long Island to spend the holiday with them. These are the very people who had us to their home for Easter, as well. They're wonderful, wonderful people who have taken the two of us in as their own, I believe, and I am so grateful to have them in my life. Yay for happy things! Boo for mice...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #276 on: October 25, 2003, 12:10:40 AM »

Amazing, absolutely amazing.  We beat yesterday, and not just because of a bunch of small posts.  I could just not put up the new notes until later in the morning, but we're doing so well without padding that I don't want to.  We'll break three hundred, I feel it - may take awhile, but we'll do it.  I don't think there are many boards on the Internet that can lay claim to this many posts, and believe me much of what is considered posts on other boards doesn't hold a candle to the content here.  Especially the board that claims to have eight hundred posts a day - hogwash - I'd like to see if they had even half of what we did today.  Bravo to all of you for making the change - I cannot speak highly enough of your effort.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #277 on: October 25, 2003, 12:23:31 AM »

Jason:  I am glad you can still makes jokes even while living on the green mile.   I will keep my fingers crossed that all of the mouse's cousins had previously moved out.

George:  I also loved the production of Follies at the 5th Avenue a couple of years ago. I loved seeing the show, but the book for the second act is where the show falls apart (IMHO).   Edie Adams was also in that production.  I had always loved Miss Adams, and I was so excited to see her in person, but I was so disappointed that she had gotten so heavy. Looking at my photo, she could probably say the same thing about me, but then I am not getting paid what she is paid to perform.  Besides, I am just big boned.

Laura II:  Is that really Josh Harnett in the photo?  Where was it taken?  It looks like he came over to your house to pick you up for a date.  Even if you don't like his movies, he is a hottie!

Danise:  I am so sorry to hear that you too lost a family member this week.  My deepest sympathies.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #278 on: October 25, 2003, 12:36:25 AM »

In about a half-hour I'll be posting the new notes, and starting tomorrow's posts, so if you want to post anymore tonight, do so.

Tomovoz

« Reply #279 on: October 25, 2003, 12:44:42 AM »

TCB you are so right! That's why I keep going back. I need to be reminded what to do.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #280 on: October 25, 2003, 12:57:44 AM »

New notes are up, and I'm closing down these here posts and opening up the new ones.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up