Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: DAMN NOTES  (Read 3592 times)

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
Re: DAMN NOTES
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2015, 07:49:15 AM »

Would JOHNNY BELINDA be considered a "sudser"?

That's the first one I really like that comes to mind..
You can dream…or you can do.

ChasSmith

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2015, 08:03:53 AM »

Well, I just got notified that they really could use my presence at today's ANNIE rehearsal, so I shall grant them that wish.  Which means I now need to get off my own butt here and get some things done beforehand.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2015, 08:42:42 AM »

You could have told them "tomorrow."
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

ChasSmith

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2015, 08:55:13 AM »

Yes, if only I weren't at the dentist getting a filling "tomorrow".

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2015, 09:17:46 AM »

Home from City Center.  I have two numbers "The Bend In the Road" and "The Top of the Hill."

I will be a mess at the reading next week.  I always cry during "The Butterfly" and "Happy Birthday."
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Kate

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2015, 09:21:01 AM »

Hello All:

Nice to be back!

Kate

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2015, 09:22:17 AM »

TOD;

RUDY
GENERAL HOSPITAL, SECRET STORM, ONE LIVE TO LIVE(many years ago).
THE ENCHANTED COTTAGE
PHILADELPHIA
MARTY

Kate

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2015, 09:22:59 AM »

SEE YA LATER!!

Hope everyone had a Wonderful Easter and Passover!

Michael

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2015, 09:31:25 AM »

Good Morning.  And it's Tuesday, too.

If it's Tuesday

It must be Belgium
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2015, 10:22:33 AM »

From DR Jennifer:
Don't turn your wifi on.  I am pretty sure that if you move they still wouldn't delete your account unless 1) they know you moved 2) your card expired.

I thought of that, however, I will want my wifi on my Nook if I don't have a computer.

I am thinking, if there is time, we should buy me a large laptop and transfer all my stuff from my computer to the laptop.  I could use a new computer so why put mine into storage.

Jane

« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2015, 10:25:07 AM »

From DR Jennifer:
What would be annoying having to renew your library card every year?  How else will they know that people still live in the area?  We have to show proof of residence.

Once when I didn't use my card for awhile I received an email asking to verify I still lived here.  Using the card on a regular basis no one asks.  I can't recall any area I lived that required me to prove my residency every year.  Of course if I went into the library on a regular basis it wouldn't be a big deal.  For some people it is difficult to go to the library.

Jane

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2015, 10:26:47 AM »

From DR George:
All the books that I downloaded are still there because it doesn't sync up with Amazon and OverDrive to turn them in and remove them from my Kindle.

Don't you return your library books?

I decided I do not like using my kindle app on my Nook and will only do so if it is the only way to read the book, or Keith already purchased it.

Jane

« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2015, 10:27:54 AM »

DR TCB the library books are automatically returned once they expire, if your wifi is on.  You can't extend the renewal. 

Jane

« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2015, 10:30:50 AM »

DR MIKE that story makes me dizzy.

Since I have a headache I could not, or chose not to, follow it ;D

Jane

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2015, 10:32:42 AM »

Hi DR Kate.  It is nice to see you.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2015, 11:32:02 AM »

Good morning, all!  It is another day of running about.  I will get to my accountant this morning and deal with a tax inquiry. Then, City Center, where Joshie has workwatng for me.  I believe he and Rob will be off at an "ethnic orchestra" rehearsal with the bazouki and other Greek instruments for ZORBA.

DR George, I am very fond of Tartuffe, but it's really one of Moliere's more serious comedies.  There used to be on VHS a production from the Royal shakespeare Cmpany with Anthony Sher that was quite good; it's never shown up on DVD.

This one's also very good:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0228925/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3

Thanks for the info, Larry.  Unfortunately, the library where I work doesn't have "Tartuffe" on any VHS or DVD format.  I did place a hold on an L.A. Theatre Works sound recording, so I'll listen to that.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2015, 11:39:37 AM »

In other news, I just accepted a short gig playing for a couple of singers performing songs from MAN OF LA MANCHA for a fundraiser Sunday afternoon. 

The venue, about a 45-minute drive from here, sounds interesting:  http://thegarytheolivia.com/  -- and I remember how our musical director for SHE LOVES ME was especially happy to have landed that post for their LA MANCHA in August.

Congrats, ChasSmith!  MAN OF LA MANCHA is one of only two shows that I performed in two different productions (the other is Cannibal! The Musical!).  I played Sancho Panza in the second production.  That was the first time that I had ever played one of the leads of a show. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2015, 11:40:19 AM »

I saw Married To Broadway last night.
Great singers all and one of the best versions of Music of The Night (and I'v heard many, many version of the years) But the who thing is crying out for a reality tv series. What follows is mostly true.

There was husband and wife who met doing Les Miz (Original run), their daughter, the protege, the competitor (and last minute replacement for the originally booked singer) who replaced the husband in Les Miz and then was replaced by the husband. Finally there was the mistress (as it was joked) who was the first American to play Eponine in the original Broadway version and worked with the husband and wife.. The husband and wife also were producers of Tale of Two Cities which the mistress appeared and the original booked singer was also in, but he was currently playing the title role in long running musical and I guess couldn't get out to appear in the show. The protege has been studying voice with the husband and wife since he was nine and (in at least my version) is dating the daughter although he might be gay. They all live together in one big house in New Jersey and when they need to get into NYC they are driven across the river in a tug boat by the protege who also is a tug boat captain. Also at home are two identical twin boys (Think Full House) with a grandma who acts and looks younger than her years. There is also 12 year son who is an right wing arch conservative

This sounds like a lot of fun.  What channel/station is this on?

George

« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2015, 11:46:22 AM »

From DR George:
All the books that I downloaded are still there because it doesn't sync up with Amazon and OverDrive to turn them in and remove them from my Kindle.

I decided I do not like using my kindle app on my Nook and will only do so if it is the only way to read the book, or Keith already purchased it.

I return my physical (paper) books, of course, but whether my Wi-Fi is turned on or not, the e-books that I check out from the library for my Kindle are automatically "checked in" in OverDrive when my loan period is over and the next patron DOES get to check them out.  That happens even when I don't sync up my Kindle through Wi-Fi and the e-books aren't actually deleted from my Kindle.  Those are two separate functions.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 11:48:00 AM by George »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2015, 12:06:45 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - woke up at eleven after eight hours of sleep.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2015, 12:07:24 PM »

Sorry to hear about James Best - married to a very good friend of mine, Dorothy Collier (LACC chum) for many years.

Jane

« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2015, 01:13:07 PM »

From DR George:

I return my physical (paper) books, of course, but whether my Wi-Fi is turned on or not, the e-books that I check out from the library for my Kindle are automatically "checked in" in OverDrive when my loan period is over and the next patron DOES get to check them out.  That happens even when I don't sync up my Kindle through Wi-Fi and the e-books aren't actually deleted from my Kindle.  Those are two separate functions.

I always click on the return/delete button when I finish reading.  I think only once or twice has the library actually had to take the book back.

George

« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2015, 01:18:56 PM »

From DR George:

I always click on the return/delete button when I finish reading.  I think only once or twice has the library actually had to take the book back.

It might be that way because you have a Kindle app on a Nook and I have an actual Kindle.  The problem with OverDrive is that (maybe it's for Kindle e-books) once an e-book is checked out, it cannot be checked back in or returned.  It's no longer available for any other patrons until YOUR checkout loan period has expired, even if you finished the e-book very quickly.  It's not an option at all.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 01:21:24 PM by George »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2015, 01:23:43 PM »

DR George, do you have Netflix?  They have both the Broadway Archive TARTUFFE and the F.W, Murnau German silent film. which id like to see.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2015, 01:25:21 PM »

Oh, dear, did I forget to log out when I left for Dayton this morning?  Sorry!

Anyway, I got back just in time to put a roasting chicken in the oven for tonight's dinner.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2015, 01:32:28 PM »

From DR Jennifer:
Don't turn your wifi on.  I am pretty sure that if you move they still wouldn't delete your account unless 1) they know you moved 2) your card expired.

I thought of that, however, I will want my wifi on my Nook if I don't have a computer.

I am thinking, if there is time, we should buy me a large laptop and transfer all my stuff from my computer to the laptop.  I could use a new computer so why put mine into storage.

I obviously didn't mean to never turn on your wifi. Obviously you will need it since your Nook is a tablet. I just meant if you were in the middle of a book and wanted to be sure that you could finish it.

Jennifer

« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2015, 01:34:37 PM »

From DR Jennifer:
What would be annoying having to renew your library card every year?  How else will they know that people still live in the area?  We have to show proof of residence.

Once when I didn't use my card for awhile I received an email asking to verify I still lived here.  Using the card on a regular basis no one asks.  I can't recall any area I lived that required me to prove my residency every year.  Of course if I went into the library on a regular basis it wouldn't be a big deal.  For some people it is difficult to go to the library.

If you didn't have to prove your residency then did you just stop using your card?  I guess this is the first library where you are getting e-books (obviously you can't take out real books if you've moved).  Here you have to show them your driver's license every year. it makes sense since residents don't have to pay to use the library but others do (if you don't live in the suburb).

Jennifer

« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2015, 01:36:57 PM »

From DR George:

DR George is very odd. He never turns on his wifi which I still don't understand. He puts his e-books on his kindle through his computer.  This is impractical for people who need to use their wifi or who have tons of e-books. My favorite part about e-books is that i just turn on the wifi and the books appear. I absolutely hate having to plug in my kindle to my computer to put e-books on that way.

Jennifer

« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2015, 01:39:09 PM »

From DR George:

I don't borrow e-books from the library. But i do borrow a lot of lendable kindle e-books from friends through amazon. I always return the e-book as soon as i finish reading it. But i find it easier to do it on my computer/through my amazon account. I just delete it and it gets returned immediately.

Jennifer

« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2015, 01:40:34 PM »

It might be that way because you have a Kindle app on a Nook and I have an actual Kindle.  The problem with OverDrive is that (maybe it's for Kindle e-books) once an e-book is checked out, it cannot be checked back in or returned.  It's no longer available for any other patrons until YOUR checkout loan period has expired, even if you finished the e-book very quickly.  It's not an option at all.

That does not seem right. You should be able to return your e-book when you are done so the next person can have it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up