Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: A SYSTEM CALLED RECIPROCITY  (Read 3570 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
A SYSTEM CALLED RECIPROCITY
« on: August 08, 2015, 12:02:33 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had reciprocity, and now it is time for you to post until the reciprocated cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: A SYSTEM CALLED RECIPROCITY
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 12:03:43 AM »

And the word of the day is: EXUNGULATE!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 12:08:52 AM »

While the campaign was a disappointment, we did get to 41% which is better than Inside Out's Indiegogo campaign did.  In the end, we probably would have done better had I been listened to at any point, but the real fact is an awful lot of people who have been befriended by the family and who the family has given both financial and emotional support to, sat on their complacent ASSES and did nothing to reciprocate.  That was the eye-opener for her and believe me she is not happy about it and those people will never again get the benefit of any positivity from her family.  One especially wealthy person actually said to her husband, we'd contribute if you were sick or in financial trouble but don't feel comfortable contributing to this.  Really?  REALLY?  It's for their DAUGHTER and her career.  A pox on you, sir, a major league big ugly pox on you, you entitled little twerp.  But it's great when they'll give money for your little children's Bar Mitzvah - that's perfectly fine, you entitled little jerk.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 12:39:29 AM »

First post after BK!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 12:40:04 AM »

Doin't I just leave this joint?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

FJL

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 02:11:09 AM »

BK, You've seen, of course, that so many people considered offering assistance with what you do for musical theater - and what Kritzerland as a label does for the theater world in general - as a valuable and worthy cause, both now and over the years.   

But I'm getting confused about the Bar-Mitzvah and Bat-Mitzvah custom you seem to be talking about, which I assume you're hearing from the family.  For example, my cousin just had her Bat-Mitzvah not all that long ago, and except for a few close relatives, just about no one who didn't come (as far as I know) contributed to the Bat-mitzvah, but the ones who came gave gifts for having come to the big party - gifts which when added up didn't begin to cover the cost of the event.  Here in NY, and with my cousin in PA, it works very much like a wedding; it can cost, say, $30,000 or $40,000, you get some amount in gifts.  Are things done differently in California - do people actually contribute to help someone have a Bar-Mitzvah or Bat-Mitzvah celebration?

« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 02:55:34 AM by FJL »

FJL

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 02:18:12 AM »

I think i must be misunderstanding something about what the parents are thinking of.

FJL

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2015, 02:20:46 AM »

Or else it's just too early in the morning (5:15 am EST) and I'll get the point later when it's light outside.

FJL

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2015, 02:34:17 AM »

But it's a few posts on the way to page 2.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2015, 03:00:26 AM »

Hi, Fred!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2015, 03:02:40 AM »

I don't know from Bar-, or even Bat-, Mitzvahs.  :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2015, 03:04:02 AM »

I certainly know of them, and have read about them, but nothing else.

George

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2015, 03:04:39 AM »

And a Happy Bithday to former DR DERBRUCER!

FJL

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2015, 03:05:26 AM »

Good morning, George, or is it good evening?

FJL

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2015, 03:05:55 AM »

Happy birthday to Der Brucer!

George

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2015, 03:10:46 AM »

Last night's "An Improbable Peck of Plays, Vol. IV" went very well!  We had a large (for the space) audience, but it wasn't full.  They were responsive, so that's good.  We're off to a good start!

George

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2015, 03:12:01 AM »

Good morning, George, or is it good evening?

Even though I'm still up from yesterday, I consider this morning.

George

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2015, 03:15:59 AM »

After the show last night, I went to my friend's house and they were just finishing up showing a movie on the side of their large shed.  What little I saw wss really cool!  It looked great!  I missed all of the festivities, but there was some birthday cake left over.  It was quite delish!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2015, 03:23:11 AM »

All I know is what I was told - that for each of these Bar and Bat Mitzvah's they gave a couple of hundred bucks - whether that was a gift or a contribution I know not.  And since Sami and Sarah chose NOT to have Bat Mitzvahs the least these scum suckers could have done was also contribute SOMETHING to something that is Sami's dream.

I understand the Kritzerland love and why, thankfully, we had a pretty successful Indiegogo campaign.  Again, I was off on the sidelines for the most part in this campaign - but it irritated me no end to hear these endless stories of fair-weather friends either saying no, not making a contribution ( like buying some damn tickets in advance, or the CD - no one was asking for free money), or promising they'd do it and then not doing it.  They suck, these people, sorry.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 03:25:41 AM by bk »

George

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2015, 03:23:32 AM »

And now, I'm off to bed.  Good night, Fred!

Have a good day, all.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2015, 03:25:54 AM »

And I am up why exactly?

George

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2015, 03:27:11 AM »

All I know is what I was told - that for each of these Bar and Bat Mitzvah's they gave a couple of hundred bucks - whether that was a gift or a contribution I know not.  And since Sami and Sarah chose NOT to have Bat Mitzvahs the least these scum suckers could have done was also contribute SOMETHING to something that is Sami's dream.

I understand the Kritzerland love and why, thankfully, we had a pretty successful Indiegogo campaign.  Again, I was off on the sidelines for the most part in this campaign - but it irritated me no end to hear these endless stories of fair-weather friends either saying no, not making a contribution ( like buying some damn tickets in advance, or the CD - no one was asking for free money), or promising they'd do it and then not doing it.  They suck, these people, sorry.

Hopefully, Karma will really teach them a lesson.

;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2015, 03:45:09 AM »

I don't even think it will be karma.  I think they will need the support and or assistance of the family and they will not get it.  They'll be all hurt and not understanding and she will more than happily explain it to them.  This was very hard for her to do - she really doesn't like asking anyone for anything, but she did it, did it nicely, did it positively, promises were made by certain people who didn't end up keeping the promise, and others just ignored or dismissed her.  None of that would be a problem if she was not the person she is and hadn't been so very supportive of them.  Support is a two-way street.  It's like The Godfather - "I'll do this thing for you, but the time may come when I need you to do a thing for me."

FJL

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2015, 03:45:59 AM »

Jane  - Someone linked to this article on Leslie Odom, Jr. in HAMILTON

http://www.wsj.com/articles/playing-the-man-who-shot-hamilton-1438896589

The link keeps giving pop-up ads, but with a little patience, it's worth reading, a good solid interview.

FJL

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2015, 03:47:12 AM »

I don't even think it will be karma.  I think they will need the support and or assistance of the family and they will not get it.  They'll be all hurt and not understanding and she will more than happily explain it to them.  This was very hard for her to do - she really doesn't like asking anyone for anything, but she did it, did it nicely, did it positively, promises were made by certain people who didn't end up keeping the promise, and others just ignored or dismissed her.  None of that would be a problem if she was not the person she is and hadn't been so very supportive of them.  Support is a two-way street.  It's like The Godfather - "I'll do this thing for you, but the time may come when I need you to do a thing for me."

Was that the "Favor Bank" concept?  :) :)

« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 03:49:31 AM by FJL »

FJL

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2015, 03:47:51 AM »

Hmm, can we get to page 2 before 7 a.m.?

FJL

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2015, 03:52:22 AM »

Someone who usually seems oddball on another site came up with a fun line about HAMILTON's capitalization:   Certainly its fireworks budget is higher than that of any other show.

(Again, it's a terrific show!)

FJL

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2015, 03:55:12 AM »

And I liked the response of someone from HHW when someone mentioned the "credibility" of the All that Chat site, that the mention of credibility for that site made them do a spit-take.

FJL

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2015, 03:56:02 AM »

That sounds like one of those blind items from La Daily Musto.

FJL

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2015, 03:56:42 AM »

But it's helping us to page 2.  Will we make it by 7 am?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up