Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MEAT OF THE NOTES  (Read 26091 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:THE MEAT OF THE NOTES
« Reply #180 on: October 27, 2003, 10:04:23 PM »

Me at rehearsal tonight!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]GOOD NIGHT, ONE AND ALL![/move]
« Last Edit: October 27, 2003, 10:07:17 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #181 on: October 27, 2003, 10:24:26 PM »

My, what a lovely chat tonight. I'm sorry I had to leave early. But  I came back quite late, and td and I closed up.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jed

« Reply #182 on: October 27, 2003, 10:48:51 PM »

So sorry to have missed what sounds like a wonderfully wonderful chat!  Ah well, rehearsal does interfere at times.

As good as chicken sounded tonight after all the sumptuous dishes discussed here today, I already had some hamburger thawed, so it was a taco night here.

According to blockbuster.com, our local store does have The Piano Teacher (a pleasant surprise, given the dismal state of their foreign section), so I'll be sure to pick it up soon.  Foreign films are a real downside to living in Eastern Washington (far from a cultural mecca).  For example, I have been unable to find Umbrellas of Cherbourg in any video store in the 3 towns in which I've lived!  Arrgghhh!!!

Addendum - Actually, now that I think back, there was one fabulous independantly-owned video store in my home town that did have "...Cherbourg," (this is how I saw the film in the first place) but that store sadly closed about 6-7 years ago after losing too much business to the evil national chain stores (which have crappy selection if you want something older than 1998).
« Last Edit: October 27, 2003, 10:54:34 PM by Jed »
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #183 on: October 27, 2003, 11:05:03 PM »

Here's my 2nd obligatory after-chat-post:

After I left chat (early, at about 6:30--it was quite sparkling and lively and one had to be quite quick with the typing) I went to a class at the local Y, then I went to my sister's house for dinner.  Our parents were there as well, so there was a sparkling and lively chat in person.  I'm now at home and "Reno 911" (on Comedy Central) just ended.  These people (on Reno 911) are so stupid, but so funny.  This is my new favorite show.  I especially love the improvisation aspect of it.  "Life With Bonnie" is also mostly improvised and I love that show, too.  After "Reno 911" is "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" which also is pretty darned funny.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2003, 11:05:50 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #184 on: October 27, 2003, 11:43:33 PM »

TCB: Is that how the new look pick pockets look? With that disconcerting smile and you might get more than a handkerchief from the pockets!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #185 on: October 28, 2003, 12:18:46 AM »

Post now, late-night dwellers, or forever hold your peace or, at the very least, your piece.  

The new notes are up and let's see which of you will be the first post.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #186 on: October 28, 2003, 12:19:32 AM »

Good morning... Yes, it's late/early... 3:15a.m.-ish  (3:15 Amish?)... I was back home in Richmond for my day off, but now I'm back up in Fairfax.  I decided to make the drive tonight instead of having to wake up at 5:00, and dealing with the horrible traffic on I-95 for 15 miles!  So, now I just have to wake up 7:00, and deal with about a 5 mile stretch of bad traffic.

The baking went well... I only got one pumpkin cheesecake, oatmeal cookies and chocolate "crack-ups" done.  I had hoped to make another cake, but time and energy and motivation didn't seem to materialize.  In any case, I have plenty of baked goods.  I just hope the cheesecake tastes all right - after I put it in the oven, I realized I had forgotten the vanilla!  Horror of horrors!  I'm sure it will be fine.  At least now I'll have a chance to compare and contrast.  ;-)

As for chicken dishes - I had a WONDERFUL fried chicken breast at a great little bistro in Middleburg, VA last summer.  There were bits of lemon zest and basil in the breading.  Soooo good.  And it was a free-range chicken breast, bone-in - very flavorful.  But the extra "zing" in the breading really made the dish.

Well, I do have to be up in a few hours... So glad to see some of you in chat... And I'm so sorry I've been so errant and truant lately.  CAMELOT is going well, but I'm in the middle of editing and proofing orchestra parts - we have first read next Tuesday(!!!!).  So, time is precious.

Bonne nuit.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up