Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: GOBBLE-GOBBLE  (Read 19958 times)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
Re:GOBBLE-GOBBLE
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2004, 09:02:36 AM »

A quick good morning. Must prepare for a meeting at 2. Had a much needed dentist appointment this morning that I had to reschedule because I realized that no way could I go to the dentist and be ready for the meeting.

Am looking forward to preparing a Thanksgiving feast tomorrow -- allowing for the fact that I have never used this oven before. I may ask the woman downstairs for stove hints -- assuming she has a similar stove. She's written a cookbook, so she might be a good source of info.
Will report in later.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2004, 09:08:05 AM »

My question for ASK BK day - and I remembered it from Monday - who is the BEST director you worked with (so far) in your TV acting career, and did you realize it at the time?

Since I did mostly series work (guest shots) the directors really didn't do all that much, and the sitcoms they tended to do even less (more of a writer and producer thing).  My favorites, in terms of niceness, were Dick Kinon, Mel Swope, Joel Zwick, Hy Averback, and I'm zoning on the name but whoever directed the George Kennedy pilot I did - Charles someone I think - well known TV director.  Strangest: E. Swackhammer, who did the MASH episode I did - I never actually saw him.  I liked working with Corey Allen, Bill Asher (not easy, but we just hit it off and I never had a prob), John Newland (my first TV director - loved him), Jerry Paris (a maniac, but I had a great time), Jim Burrows, and I just can't remember the others.  Oh, and Leo Penn was wonderful to work with and very helpful.  Worst: the gal who directed the episode of Alice - Kim something I think, and the guy who directed the episode of Angie (which actually was one of my favorite guest shots and one of the best things I ever did - but that had nothing to do with the director, who was a jerk).  

In commercials my faves were Stan Dragoti and Frank Oz.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2004, 09:09:59 AM »

Dear Friend BK, what is your planned itenerary while you're in NYC?  Besides the reading, are you planning to see anything?

We have to figure out the get-together - I haven't booked anything until that happens.  Anyone want to take on the planning of it?  It could be Sunday evening, Monday after the signing, or Tuesday evening.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2004, 09:10:40 AM »

............................................................ dance!
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2004, 09:14:29 AM »

Am looking forward to preparing a Thanksgiving feast tomorrow -- allowing for the fact that I have never used this oven before. I may ask the woman downstairs for stove hints -- assuming she has a similar stove. She's written a cookbook, so she might be a good source of info.
Will report in later.

Cool!  A cookbook author!  Do you have the name of the cookbook?

;)

I guess she would also come in handy should you need a cup a sugar, some flour, or some spices.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2004, 09:22:41 AM »

............................................................ dance!

I'll take the one in the center, and hold the mayo!  :D
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2004, 09:30:13 AM »

For Ask BK Day, a seasonal question:

Was there ever a dish that sat on the Thanksgiving table that looked amazing, smelled amazing, but once you bit into a spoonful of it, it didn't taste amazing?

And what was the most surprising Thanksgiving dish you've had?

I can't remember the exact dish, but it was some dessert looking thing.  And it was someone's attempt at making a sugar-free dessert.  It looked wonderful, but after taking a bite into it, it tasted like chemicals.  Ewwww.  Apparently, the cook did not pay attention to the "do not cook over 350 degrees" warning on the box of artficial sweetener.

Most surprising would have to be the first time I tried an oyster stuffing.  Yum!
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2004, 09:42:13 AM »

Dan, that Ebay item was way cool! And the price so far...yikes!! That Penelope was quite a gal!

I fear that I might break down and get that DVD set too...but I don't know how many episodes of Wacky Races I could really sit through, childhood memories or no.

Now, LANCELOT LINK, SECRET CHIMP I could watch many times over! Unfortunately it isn't on DVD.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 09:48:16 AM by MBarnum »

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2004, 09:44:51 AM »

Fun filled day-before-Thanksgiving.  This afternoon, I'm seeing the tour of "Little Shop of Horrors" and then in the evening EL Eric and I are getting together with my favorite girlfriend, Raegena, and we're going to have cocktails, make s'mores, and watch the DVD entertainment, "Free To Be... You and Me"  a favorite of mine and Raegena's.  I'm sure EL Eric will just sit back and laugh at us.  

I'm on a "Phantom of the Opera" kick, I'm going NUTS knowing that the soundtrack to the movie is in the stores and mine hasn't arrived from Amazon.com yet!  Right now, the Vienna Cast CD is on, I'm amazed at home much more material there is than any English language recording.

Speaking of Andrew Lloyd Webber, I've been listening to "The Woman in White", so far it's rather good.  Not a lot of reprising musical themes, the usual ALW repeating himself or re-constructing melodies, for the better here, I think, but not as much as usual.  The main orchestral theme reminds me of something from "Whistle Down the Wind", but serves itself better here than in "Whistle...", which is just bad bad bad!

« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 09:46:43 AM by Matthew »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2004, 10:04:16 AM »

Was there ever a dish that sat on the Thanksgiving table that looked amazing, smelled amazing, but once you bit into a spoonful of it, it didn't taste amazing?

The only thing I can think of is a couple of weird attempts at stuffing - they almost made me want to vomit on the ground.  I love stuffing, but there's nothing worse than BAD stuffing.  I can't remember any surprising Thanksgiving dish - surprising would be if someone served hamburgers, but that's never happened.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2004, 10:33:02 AM »

I wouldn't say it looked amazing, but it sounded interesting:  one year my sister (the former chef) made jalapeno chutney.  I spread a little on a piece of turkey and ate it.  I began to sweat in places that I didn't think were possible to sweat from.

The most surprising thing to ever turn up on the table was home made  spanakopita.  I never have found out why my sister began and continues to make it for Thanksgiving.  But it shure is tasty, and if you want any you better get a slice of it early.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 10:35:41 AM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2004, 10:52:01 AM »

Off work in ten minutes. Then to the grocery store to buy some Thanksgiving items, up to Wilsonville to luncheon with my buddy Mark, then Mark and I will hie ourselves up to Vancouver, Washington to have a Turkey day with Terry and his boyfriend Jim, then back home to crash! Then Thursday more turkey in Corvallis!

Better get going!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2004, 10:56:28 AM »

Time for my walk... in the rain... again... ah, well...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2004, 10:59:06 AM »

Your John Barrowman picture for today.  Here he is with our very own Susan Egan.
--Wayland Flowers

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2004, 11:15:38 AM »

Your John Barrowman picture for today.  Here he is with our very own Susan Egan.

And - mirabile dictu! - he's actually keeping his clothes on and not flashing anyone!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2004, 11:17:15 AM »

Amazon calling WFO, amazon calling WFO.  There has been a WFO sighting.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2004, 11:17:29 AM »

I dunno, I'd prefer to see more of John Barrowman... if one knows what  I mean :)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2004, 11:20:15 AM »

John Barrowman...nice looking fellow who bears an uncanny resemblance to James Marsden...who, as it turns out, also has a magnificent singing voice.

Thanksgiving:  I don't, as a rule, "do" a Thanksgiving meal.  Primarily, it's because my family is 3,000 miles away.  But it's also because I've long hated the formality of Thanksgiving that was imposed upon me as a child making it one of my most-loathed holidays (whether eating with relatives or having them at our house, I was constantly being chastised/ordered around/corrected even though I was always on my best behavior and eager to be helpful -- i.e., I stayed the frell out of the way whenever I could).

As an adult, I've prepared scrumptious Thanksgiving meals for myself...and hosted a couple of large gatherings at my villa in Italy during the years I was there (in other years there I went to other villas and feasted).  I loved those.

But I really prefer my current habit of cooking up something special for myself.   This year, I'm doing a big batch of "Brunswick Stew."  It's going to cook overnight in my large crockpot, and I'm going to bake some fresh cornbread tomorrow!  

YUM! YUM!  YUM!

I "may" do some turkey/stuffing/sweet potatoes over the weekend, only because there will be sales, etc., and I do like the meal, if not the endless leftovers that a single person generally winds up with.

But my real sights are set on my upcoming annual trek to South Carolina to fete and be feted, feast and frolic with the relatives and old friends of the relatives (i.e., what my mom calls "friends of the family").

I fly out the evening of Dec. 14th and return Dec. 29th.  I will return to work Jan. 3rd.

I have been planning for this, and saving vacation days for this, all year!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 11:22:33 AM by RLP »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2004, 11:23:48 AM »

DR George, I LOVED that fairy from last night.  Really beautiful.

Question for DRs:  I wanted to copy that fairy and send it to someone.  What would be the simplest way.  I ended up copying the pic to a disk and then attaching it to my email.  But there must have been an easier way to click and copy, right?

Thanks, Jennifer!  But the way you did it is the way I usually do it, but right-clicking and chosing "E-mail Picture..." is another option.  My e-mail isn't set up to do this here at work, but it does work on my home computer.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2004, 11:31:54 AM »

DRJENNIFER you can click and save it to a file on your hard drive.

But I usually do it as you did, save it to a disk, then I can just delete it when I am done.

Sometimes depending on your browser, when you right click you have the option of "Send Image" and when you click that - am email box comes up with the file already attached.

I thought there was a way I could just right click and copy it into my message.  Even if I had to use some [img] brackets or something. :(

Btw, I will probably finish Olivia Joules before starting Writer's Block.  Although I am tempted to read them simultaneously.  I have listened to the cd though and I like it very much.

Can someone tell me what Alet sings?

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2004, 11:33:09 AM »

Just got back from Media Play where I picked up the latest HARRY POTTER (Circuit City had it for $1 cheaper, but was $1 worth of gas to get there). I was happy to see that the racks featuring the widescreen edition were 1/2 to 2/3 empty and the racks with the full frame edition had hardly been touched. Routinely the best seller lists have the widescreen editions of films outselling their full frame counterparts. Maybe people are starting to get the message. Hope so anyway.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2004, 11:33:47 AM »

Oh my MRBK you have worked with some of the BEST of all.....

Corey Allen = Buzz from REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE!

DRMBARNUM - I have the Lancelot Link LP!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2004, 11:44:31 AM »

But John Barrowman doesn't collect rent money from BK.  Poor baby!
--Wayland Flowers

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2004, 11:53:35 AM »

DRMATTHEW I have been listening to the excerpts of the POTO soundtrack on Amazon.com - I can't decide whether I want it or not....

Hmmmmm....I guess today is my day of indecision.

td

• td
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2004, 12:37:39 PM »

I hope DR td has a lovely sojourn in NYC. I know he's been tlooking forward to this for quite some time.

Why thank you!  You are a perfect southern gentleman, and you do possess all the charms that go along with being one.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2004, 12:55:35 PM »

George, if you still have it please send me the happiness fairy.  I have a friend who could use her.

Thanks anyway Jennifer.  

Noel-still working on that table- ;D

RLP-interesting post.  Enjoy your stew and cornbread.  I have been having a craving for good cornbread all morning.

td I know you will have a great time in NY-next time though plan your trip when I’m there. :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2004, 12:55:43 PM »

Have fun in the Big Apple, DRtd!

Jane

« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2004, 12:56:21 PM »

SWW please stop writing about that ham without a spoiler for me-YUCK!   ;D

Having seen National Treasure I have to say you wrote an excellent review of the movie.  We also enjoyed it and found it a fun, entertaining movie.

Did you have fun at The Incredibles with the Grandlands?

Jane

« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2004, 12:58:06 PM »

We have plumbers here installing sinks and I don’t know what else.  As Keith left for the gym he warned me “there are a lot of but cracks showing, you might not want to go in there”.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2004, 01:13:56 PM »

LOL DRJANE - we did a Plumber's Christmas Ballet called The Buttcracker...they carried plungers and everything!!  ;D

Went to EBAY in search of toys I wanted for Christmas many years ago, and finally found one of these.  $110!!!  :o
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up