Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE POST-GOBBLE GOBBLE  (Read 17685 times)

Dan-in-Toronto

Re:THE POST-GOBBLE GOBBLE
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2004, 09:49:40 AM »

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2004, 09:50:13 AM »

I'll be contacting Canada Post, for sure. Meanwhile, I wonder who's listening to the CD? Would he/she be able to figure out the context/theme without the book?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2004, 09:55:19 AM »

And I'll make sure you get a replacement - but you should absolutely insist that they pay for the shipping costs of your opened package.

Jennifer

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2004, 10:30:10 AM »

BK is there any chance at all that you might not have included the cd in DR DIT's first shipment?  Or maybe it was the people at DR DIT's apartment complex that opened it like he said.

I find it really hard to believe that Canada Post would remove something from a package.

But that said, definitely contact them.  I have had to contact them a few times to get money back.  And they always do it quickly.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2004, 10:33:29 AM »

The CD was definitely in the package.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2004, 10:34:49 AM »

And the package was definitely pre-opened.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2004, 10:44:55 AM »

Yesterday I found a nondescript floor lamp in the garbage room. I thought I'd give it a try, and it absolutely floods my little office with light - something the room (and my eyes) really needed. I was moving the lamp from corner to corner, and asked the Dear Partner where he thought it would look best. "Back in the garbage room," he answered.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2004, 10:46:10 AM by Dan-in-Toronto »

Tomovoz

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2004, 10:52:24 AM »

I was expecting your wishes to come true DiT.  Wrong lamp.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2004, 10:55:04 AM »

Well, I did it, I got up at the un-goshly hour of 5am and by 5:35am I was in line in front of K-Mart! I wanted to check out the $1.99 Christmas DVDs. Picked up a few..one looks quite interesting, it is THE GREAT RUPERT and stars Jimmy Durante and Terry Moore along with a stop-motion animated squirrell care of George Pal. Looks like it may be a cute movie. I also got a 1950s TV special of MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET starring Thomas Mitchell and little Sandy (THEM!) Descher. The rest were assorted Christmas type cartoons. I also stopped in at Best Buy which was a mad house. The lines for the checkstands circled the perimeter of the entire store! I decided that I did not need to purchase anything there!

Now I am home with a cup of coffee and feeling very sleepy! Unfortunately I need to get to the grocery store to buy milk...but I guess it will wait.

Bryan had to open the store in the Clackamus Mall at 6:00.  Now I know there really are crazy customer's who were there so early in the morning. ;D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2004, 10:57:06 AM »

Hello, all!  5 weeks after the surgery, and you'd think this damned abscess would heal!  It's been a very unpleasant morning, so I'm taking the remainder of the day easy so I can run around with DRtd and his friend tomorrow.  I do have to hit the Post Office later, but I can't get the energy going to do it now.

DRTCB, break a leg tonight.

I watched DRPanni's Showtime movie THE GIFT OF LOVE: THE DANIEL HUFFMAN STORY yesterday afternoon, and I enjoyed it quite a lot.  I love Debbie Reynolds, and I thought she was wonderful in it.  Thank you, DRJane, for calling my attention to it.

I have thought about nothing concerning VHS, DVD, or CD today, so I have nothing to report.  Maybe I'll just nap for a while.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2004, 10:58:28 AM »

Michael Shayne, if only I had turned the computer off a few minutes later-darn.  I will have to put the movie in my TIVO wish list.

Joey I enjoyed the story of your sister’s engagement.  Have a great surprise party.  Now there will be two joyous reasons to celebrate.

Noel, yes dear elmore did send me LEAVE IT TO JANE, JANE, JANE - the girl with the brains.  I love it.

George Scarborough Fair Stuffing not only sounds delicious, but pretty.

Panni I haven’t heard of Tahitian Blend vanilla, will have to check it out.
What photos do you have to go with your marvelous stereopticon?

While I was in NY my niece said the woman I purchased the tickets to WICKED was going to give me the CD. I was hoping for one signed by the cast.  Nothing so far.  I think it is time I just pick up one so I can listen to the music.

Jane

« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2004, 11:03:34 AM »

Elmore I hope your rest today makes a difference and you are better tomorrow.  Healing can take way too long, just ask RLP with that arm of his.

Panni I hope you are happy with your new carpet.

Keith will be home soon and we are taking Echo to the vet.  She did something to her front leg and without the support of her front legs to hold up her back legs she can’t walk.  Now she seems depressed and isn’t eating.  

Jane

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2004, 11:08:37 AM »

Panni I couldn’t find much on Tahitian Blend Pure Vanilla Extract.  Does anyone else use this?  I’m curious as why your neighbor prefers it to Madagascar Bourbon or Mexican vanilla.

elmore glad you enjoyed the movie.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2004, 11:26:12 AM »

BK,

I sent you an e-mail, but it bounced back to me. So: Thanks kindly for the offer of the replacement CD (and I will be contacting Canada Post). But don't send it yet. (Add it to my upcoming order for a second copy of the book.)

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2004, 11:52:18 AM »

I am eating PIE.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

François de Paris

« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2004, 11:57:22 AM »

BK,

To answer your question from yesterday. (Was the CD in the pre-opened envelope that contained my copy of Writer's Block?) Sadly, no. So, someone from Canada Customs or the loading dock of my apt. building is probably listening to it right now.

Tan-In-Doronto!

That is totally DISGUSTING!
I can't do that for you but I'm sure someone here might be able to send you a copy of their copy!

I just hope that whoever stole your cd is enjoying it and will join us here, even though I don't think we want that person as a new kimlet/hainsy!
Some people are really rotten! >:(
« Last Edit: November 26, 2004, 12:18:28 PM by François de Paris »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2004, 12:00:08 PM »

Where did you send the e-mail?  If it's to bruce@haineshisway.com, some of those go awry for reasons that have to do with our host's server, because that address isn't real - those e-mails get forwarded to my HHW aol account.  What happens occasionally is when one of these cretins harvests e-mail addresses, whether real or not, sometimes the IP address of that waystation gets flagged as spam and things get bounced back and end up not getting to me at all.  We've set up a safeguard, which delivers the mail to a separate address outside of aol, but sometimes things fall through the cracks.  So, best to send mail directly to haineshisway@aol.com

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2004, 12:03:17 PM »

DIT: Got both e-mails, so no worries.

François de Paris

« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2004, 12:03:40 PM »

DR Michael S,

I had always wondered who those two actresses were in that scene with Michael Shayne. Thanks for the info in yesterday's post.

As MBarnum would say: "LOL!"

Tan-In-Doronto: you're a riot!
A Riot Grande, of course! :)

François de Paris

« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2004, 12:08:22 PM »

In case you don't check out last night's posts, TCB, may I repeat... Merde!
You'll be swell, you'll be great...

Off to Santa Monica to get my carpet.

Ditto, TCB!

You'll be swell!
You'll be great!
You'll have the whole merde
On a plate!

-- Pardon my French! -- ;)

François de Paris

« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2004, 12:16:36 PM »

I was expecting your wishes to come true DiT.  Wrong lamp.

Well.... his name is AllaDan, not Alladin! :D

Sorry; i should respect the American spelling!!
Aladdan and Aladdin! right?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2004, 12:36:52 PM by François de Paris »

Tomovoz

« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2004, 12:27:11 PM »

Quite a lad in Toronto too!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

François de Paris

« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2004, 12:40:56 PM »

Dan is a lad who's not glad because..... his cd's missing!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2004, 12:58:58 PM »

I'm back in Richmond!  Good drive back.  Nice, clear, sunny day.

DR Jane - For all things vanilla you can check out:

http://www.vanilla.com

Or, here is the link to one of the premier vanilla manufacturers (and my personal favorite too):

http://www.nielsen-massey.com

Vanilla prices truly have gone through the roof the past couple of years for various reasons, and there are some factoids available on the two sites.  There was a very good article in Gourmet Magazine at the literally cut-throat vanilla trade. Sad, but true in some countries.

Well... I need go stretch my legs...

Laters...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2004, 12:59:52 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2004, 01:11:43 PM »

Well, a little earlier than planned I've begun writing the non-fiction book.  Already having a grand time with it, although I'm still futzing around with its structure and tone which, I assume, will make itself known to me as I go on.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2004, 01:54:49 PM »

What?  You're writing another book?  Why wasn't I informed of this?  What's it about?  And, more importantly: How thick will it be?  You see, there's another piece of furniture that's developed a wobbly problem.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2004, 02:06:54 PM »

Well, it sounds like a good time was had by all yesterday!  My sister woke me up at 11:30 this morning (how rude!) saying that I had to help Larry (her boyfriend) put a tarp over the little wooden shed in my back yard because the roof is leaking.  Okay, so it does benefit me, but she could have given me a little warning...say a day or two.  Anyway, they had gotten a tarp and not too difficultly, Larry and I managed to get it on the roof.  We hammered some nails and screwed some eyelets into the walls of the shed.  Then we hooked the grommets over the nails and strung rope through the eyelets so that (hopefully) it's securely secured over the little shed and the stuff inside won't get any more damaged than it already is (the lawnmower doesn't seem to be working anymore).

All the while we were covering the roof, it was quite sunny and not too cold at all.  Now, only a couple of hours later, its completely overcast and not a speck of blue is in the sky.  I guess it was a good thing that my sister called me when she did!  But the best part is that I have nothing that I need to do, so I can stay at home, GO NOWHERE AND BUY NOTHING and record a concert from the Internet that Audra McDonald did.  Click HERE to go to the NPR site that has the concert.  Sounds quite interesting and I LOVE Audra McDonald!  She played the Ayah in the national tour of The Secret Garden that came to Seattle and I saw it!  Also in the cast were Roger Bart as Dickon and Amanda Naughton as Martha, who played Betty in REMEMBER WENN!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Michael

« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2004, 02:22:25 PM »

I heard on the news that actress Shelly Long tried to kill herself last week with an overdose of painkillers. The National Enquirer and all those tabloid news shows are going to have a field day now that the Kobe Byrant and Scott Peterson trials are over.
Never stop dreaming.

François de Paris

« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2004, 02:36:17 PM »

I heard on the news that actress Shelly Long tried to kill herself last week with an overdose of painkillers. The National Enquirer and all those tabloid news shows are going to have a field day now that the Kobe Byrant and Scott Peterson trials are over.

I would be doing the same, NO paper would care! :P

Story of my life! :D

Was not Shelly Long married to Martin Short once? ;D

François de Paris

« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2004, 02:38:03 PM »

Was not Shelly Long married to Martin Short once? ;D

Just to make a Long story Short, of course!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up