Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE OOMPH FACTOR  (Read 23076 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:THE OOMPH FACTOR
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2004, 04:02:50 PM »

Jose I would think there will be more people than usual at those sales, unless Sunday football, which I know nothing about, keeps them home.  I know our son is trying to get the early morning shift off so he can come home for Christmas.

JMK which is the largest mall in Portland?

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2004, 04:05:48 PM »

I think the people downstairs are HHW lurkers. The minute I posted about the noise, it stopped. Hallelujah!

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2004, 04:06:43 PM »

Time to feed and walk the Abester. Is this his first meal today? We'll never know.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2004, 04:07:01 PM »

There isn't supposed to be any snow in NYC until tomorrow.  I'm sure there will be lots of pictures taken.  We might even get pictures of people taking pictures!

We've got our travel arrangements made, from the ferry to Cape May on up, with a supply of muffins and sodas to sate us.  I've still got to swap CDs in the car, but that shouldn't take long.  And Fletcher will be dropped off early tomorrow for his kenneling, with extra treats ready to be packed.

Other than getting some laundry done, all I've got left to do is fix dinner.  Tonight we're feasting on Bambi Stroganoff!   8)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2004, 04:09:35 PM »

Okay - the little tyke downstairs is starting to get on my nerves. The noise from downstairs is unbelievable today. Loud music, screaming, slamming, running around like crazy. It's actually not his fault - he's a kid - but, really, his parents should be aware of the fact that other people (ME!) live in this building. What do I do is the question?

Kids in comas cause no problems.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2004, 04:10:35 PM »

This afternoon we saw SIDEWAYS.  Jay should see this and give one of his brilliant reviews.  I will simply say we are expecting this film to pick up several Academy nominations.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2004, 04:11:57 PM »

I put off laundry until tonight, so I had to turn my dear friend BK down for Joe Allen tonight.  It was great to hear his voice and to know he's back in this neck of the woods.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2004, 04:12:27 PM »

I have heard both yay and nay on Sideways.  In a few brief moments I shall be on my way to our very own Joe Allen for the first time in a year-and-a-half, when we did the Jeepers Creepers album.  I shall be meeting dear lurker Iris, whom I met in LA at What If, along with whoever else deigns to show up.

Danise

« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2004, 04:13:15 PM »

Kids in comas cause no problems.

I was going to suggest something along those lines but I was afraid to.   :)

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2004, 04:13:27 PM »

Der Brucer is happy.  I just bought us some fresh nutmegs, and now he can properly garnish his egg nog.  Amazing how the fresh stuff can spoil one from the pre-ground stuff.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Danise

« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2004, 04:13:56 PM »

But, BK,  what about my $54.00 question?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2004, 04:16:04 PM »

This afternoon we saw SIDEWAYS.  Jay should see this and give one of his brilliant reviews.  I will simply say we are expecting this film to pick up several Academy nominations.

I really want to see this.  After DRPennyO and I saw TEAM AMERICA, I suggested we this next.  Soon, I hope.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2004, 04:16:25 PM »

Panni: It sounds to me like your neighbor's kid needs a pet.  I suggest a kitty-cat.  A puma should do the trick.

:o

Jane

« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2004, 04:19:52 PM »

SIDEWAYS received a 97% on Rotten Tomatoes and there were multiple reviews expressing their opinion Paul Giamatti should win the Oscar.

Jane

« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2004, 04:21:27 PM »

SWW after using fresh nutmeg I wondered how I ever liked the ground stuff in the jar.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2004, 04:26:37 PM »

Jane, Washington Square is the biggest mall in this neck of the woods (not to be confused with the Washington Square in BK's neck, or possibly elbow, of the woods.

BeeGee rang the doorbell to come in again this morning.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2004, 04:46:43 PM »

Good afternoon all

DR Jed and I did indeed see our dear cyberfather in Scrooge last night, and I can honestly say that our dear dad stole the show.  And a marathon show it was for him...barely a minute to rest during the whole 2 hour show.  If, as he said, it was second-show-slump type performance, I can only imagine what it was like on Friday night.  It was a good community production, by community production standards, with TCB a stand out talent within it.  I can hardly wait for the next production we get to see him in...and I was very glad to again get a chance to hear him sing in this one.  I last heard him in Oliver, and I was blown away then, and still am.  My deepest sympathies, though, to him and the entire cast...no one should be made to do a show to canned music *shudder*

Here, as promised, is the pic I took of us on my phone.  It is a cell-phone quality pic, of course...but it came out rather well.  

Jane

« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2004, 05:05:47 PM »

JMK are you teaching BeeGee other tricks?  He is so smart.  A good one I taught Echo is too “pick up” which is how she knew to hunt for and find my cell phone in the fields.  On second thought with young children in the house that might be a problem.  Echo often finds things to “pick up” so she can have a treat, such as paper from the trash and pot holders hanging on a hook.  

Ann, thank you for the photo and the review. :D

MBarnum

« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2004, 05:06:38 PM »

Jed, TCB, and Ann...you all look dashing, dapper, and beautiful, respectively! Very nice picture and glad that you were able to see each other!

« Last Edit: December 05, 2004, 07:04:32 PM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2004, 05:08:13 PM »

For some reason whenever I take a nap now-a-days I tend to "nap" for 2 hours! Thus I closed my eyes on the couch at 3pm and awoke to darkenss at 5pm...I hate that (although it felt good to nap).

JMK

« Reply #110 on: December 05, 2004, 05:22:32 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]AAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH[/move][/font][/color]

This priceless moment brought to you by eBay.

DR Jane, BeeGee already "picks up" items he shouldn't, including Legos, manuscript paper, Betsy's beret, etc., etc.  What he needs work on is "letting go again."

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2004, 05:24:46 PM »

Jed, TCB, and Ann...you all look dasing, dapper, and beautiful, respectively! Very nice picture and glad that you were able to see each other!

Well, lest I make myself into a fool like I did here many moons ago when I questioned the word "divoon," (silly me, I had never heard it before), I won't say it's not a word.  But, DRMB, what is "dasing"?

JMK

« Reply #112 on: December 05, 2004, 05:25:42 PM »

I got it!! It's Savion Glover's follow up musical, "Bring in Da Sing!"

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #113 on: December 05, 2004, 05:27:37 PM »

Hello folks!

Last night I saw Baltimore Waltz over at Signatures. Very well done, very interesting play... and I accosted the Press Guy and asked for his digits, since i am quite hard up for a press rep, with march 16 hurtling toward me.. and Jose. Tix go on sale Friday! I'm stoked!

And can't wait to meet and greet the mob at the bk book signing tomorrow. I'll leave my BMI workshop early, and probably get down there by 8 or so. I'm stoked!

What a lovely day it was here today - I didn't get out until after 4 - but noticed said lovely day from the window, as I was deciding what to take with me to LA and what to leave for when I come back in January. Long busy day tomorrow, longer, busier one on Tuesday. Then just sit on my duff for a few hours on Wednesday, hang out in the Chicago airport for a couple of hours, and sit on my duff again to LA. Oy. I'd rather have a busy day.

But i do bring my tarot cards with me on flights, and do readings on various topics. Maybe I'll bring a book...

Okay, helped the old couple I'm staying with trim their tree today. That was a lovely warm fun time. Now I'm hittin' the rack for my BIG DAY tomorrow. Jose, we'll miss you!
PennyO

Danise

« Reply #114 on: December 05, 2004, 05:34:04 PM »

Lovely picture, Ann.  I'm glad some of us were able to share DR TCB's performance.  I just some of us could be there for you others.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2004, 05:36:57 PM »

Penny I wish us both good weather on Tuesday.  I don't want to be snowed in on my birthday and you need to take only one day to get home.

Did you get the press guy to work for you?

Jane

« Reply #116 on: December 05, 2004, 05:38:08 PM »

JMK do you know how to teach a dog the word "leave"?

JMK

« Reply #117 on: December 05, 2004, 05:57:27 PM »

I was only joking, Jane.  BeeGee knows "drop" and usually complies.

OOOOOHHHHH.  I'm so excited.  I just found some laser dreidels that I've been looking for for two years.  Just ordered 4 of them and hopefully they'll be here before Channukah is over.  We love to turn out all the lights and spin them--they do these really cool light shows and play The Dreidel Song and Tziv vi Fon (sp?).

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #118 on: December 05, 2004, 06:01:35 PM »

Back on November 14 I posted bullet reviews of a number of films I had seen in the previous week.  At that time, I said:

Sideways:  Lovers of fine wine and poignant small-scale character-driven comedy/drama should run to see this film.  My kind of movie.  This and Garden State are probably the two best films I've seen yet this year.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Jane

« Reply #119 on: December 05, 2004, 06:07:33 PM »

JMK I have never seen a laser dreidel- cool.

If you say “leave” first you don’t need to say “drop” after the item has teeth marks and/or slobber on it. ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up