Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE X-RATED GEESE  (Read 30386 times)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
Re:THE X-RATED GEESE
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2004, 01:22:11 AM »

Yes!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2004, 01:22:13 AM »

Well, I myself must WUSSIFY because she of the Evil Eye will be knock-knock-knocking upon my door very soon.  Keep the home fries burning.  Can you imagine how surprised our early morning denizens will be when they see three count them three pages of postings?  And we shall laugh and laugh and then just when we think we cannot laugh any more, we shall laugh again.

Panni

« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2004, 01:23:56 AM »

Okay, I'm leaving the partay. It's been real... in a surreal sort of way.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2004, 01:24:18 AM »

Leave it to Panni to take us directly into the toilet.

Leave It To Panni - isn't that a musical comedy from the golden age.  I believe it is, and I believe it was adapted from the three act play, Abie's Evening Pee.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2004, 02:00:11 AM »

THREE PAGES OF POSTS!!!

AM I SURPRISED....YOU BET I AM!!!

The Amazon rating of WRITER'S BLOCK at this early EST time is holding at 33,357!

Happy Birthdays to DR PENNY-O and the DR DtM!!!!

Now it is 5 a.m. and I must go to the grocery store before anyone else in the entire town of Mooresville gets there!  yes, I must be first.

I will think about my television choices and get back to you on that...them...those...  Uh...I will think about it.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2004, 02:01:02 AM »

LEAVE IT TO PANNI was indeed a short-running show on the DuMont network that featured Rose Marie as Panni and Morey Amsterdam as Guy Haines......no kinescopes exist....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2004, 02:57:32 AM »

Well - well - I pulled up to the Kroger Store in the JackMobile, as I always do at 5 a.m. on Saturday, and on the door was a handwritten sign:

"Store will be closed from 5 am to 6 am Saturday.  Sorry for the inconvenience."

Oh my!  Well what to do, go home and wait an hour?  Nope, I went to the Marsh Supermarket, the only other grocery store that I have a SuperSaver Scanner card for.  

I tell you, I am a Virgo, I am a creature of habit.....and going into a different and unfamiliar grocery store is like journeying to another planet.  Everything is in the wrong place....and do not know which aisles to walk up and which aisles to walk down....I do NOT know how to shop.  It was a  nightmare, Dear Friends....a Nightmare.  It was like....it was like Fellini Shopping.

I did not buy everything I needed, I just bought what I could find.

I am now going to rest....hopefully the rest of the day will not be such an ordeal.....or rather....such an ordeal should be the most gruesome one I face in my life, and I will consider myself LUCKY!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2004, 04:21:25 AM »

I was about to say good morning, all! and I had to read three pages of posts!  This only happens when I oversleep and it's around 7:10 am on the East Coast!  What a partay for the West Coast, and I slept through all the noise.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
 :-* :-* :-* :-* HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DR PENNY O!!!!! :o :o :o :o ;D :) ;) :D ;D :-* :-*
[/move]
 [move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
                                                                            HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DR DAN-THE-MAN!!! :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o :-* ::) :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o :-* ::):) ;) :
[/move]

Not to kick a corpse, but, Dear Friend BK, you were the producer of the album for Miss Mayes.  Of course she was nice to you!  She just didn't have to be nice to other folk like the orchestrator.  And she still owes me for the CDs of UNSUNG MUSICALS I left for her at SHE LOVES ME while she was still being nice.   Before the recording sessions.  

TV of 2004?  Right now, it's DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, and last spring it was WONDERFALLS and DEADWOOD on HBO.   I think the biggest disappointment was JOEY, since I thought Matt LeBlanc was wonderful on FRIENDS, but I find the show a letdown in so many irritating ways.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 04:27:09 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2004, 05:30:24 AM »

Happy Birthday Penny and Dan. Does that make you fraternal twins?
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2004, 05:31:00 AM »

DR. Elmoore:

How are you doing? You have a clean bill of health?
Never stop dreaming.

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2004, 06:15:45 AM »

Happy Birthday to You, DR DAN (THE MAN) !!!
and
Happy Birthday to you, DR PENNYO !!!

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2004, 06:25:52 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Happiest of Birthdays to

Dan The Man
[/move]

from the "other one" (a Bells Are Ringing reference)

Ben

« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2004, 06:38:43 AM »

Happy Birthday Wishes to bi-coastal Penny O and east coastal Dan-the-Man.

I don't watch much television so I have to agree with the esteemed BK in my choices for top television moments of 2004.

So many posts at 9:39am on Saturday. What a pleasant surprise.

I'll try to check in later.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2004, 06:40:33 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]BEST OF BIRTHDAYS TO DR PENNY O![/move]

td

• td
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2004, 07:08:27 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU AND TO YOU,
HERE'S A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR TWO
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM THE WHOLE DAMNED CREW
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU AND
TO YOU!

Best Wishes Dan and Penny!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2004, 07:15:36 AM »

DR BK, It's 12:17am. I'm in seventeen hours ahead of you, and other LA dear readers.
You're in seventeen hours behind me.  So it's hard for us to meet here on the board, always chasing each other...

Why don't you make a musical comedy movie like the golden age's? I want to see a REAL  American musical film, again.  I think it's possible for you to make it.

Good night.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2004, 07:43:30 AM »

Last night, BK wrote: "This whole Writer's Block thing makes me want to put aside what I'm working on and write another mystery."

I really think you should, BK. You seem to have a knack for it, and everyone's enthusiasm should make you eager to try your hand at it again.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2004, 07:44:39 AM »

Happy Birthday to DRs PennyO and Dan. Hope you both have great birthdays today!

Matt H.

« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2004, 07:48:10 AM »

My favorite TV moments of 2004:

The final episode of FRIENDS, beautifully written and performed and filled with laughs and quite a few tears.

The season finale of '24' with a breathless plot finally brought to an exhilarating conclusion and followed by one of the most heartrending private moments ever shared by a leading male action character in a drama.

The astonishing series premiere of LOST, one of the most surprising, action-filled and yet thoroughly character-driven pilots I've ever watched. And the subsequent series has lived up to this fantastic first episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2004, 07:56:00 AM »

A few more:

The AMERICAN IDOL episode where Fantasia Barrino first sang "Summertime," by far the best solo of this year's competition.

ANGELS IN AMERICA (actually I think this premiered in December 2003, but what the heck! It was great enough to deserve inclusion for this year, too).

The series finale of SEX AND THE CITY with each of the characters have satisfying and believable conclusions to their stories.

and from a purely lascivious point of view:

the episode arc on QUEER AS FOLK which featured Matt Battaglia as a bisexual pro football player having a clandestine affair with one of the show's main characters. The sexiest scenes of 2004 in my eyes.

Matt H.

« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2004, 07:58:06 AM »

Another party to attend tonight, so I have to get my DVD watching done this afternoon. However, that's up to question, too, since a friend has asked me to accompany him as he buys components for his new home theater.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2004, 08:13:50 AM »

Oh, you dear dears! I'm about to head off to the airport for my day in LA - and find three pages of lovely birthday wishes!! I had no idea that Dan the Man was my Twin! Happy Day to you, DtheM!

I'll be back at the cabin tomorrow - then hit the road in my car for LA and BK's annual Christmas Eve bash. I've been living on the road for 4 and a half years... maybe at some point I'll perch somewhere semi-permanent... I love this life, but I do get weary sometimes.

Okay - Birthday Wish - somebody find me a sublet in NYC for at least Feb-March, while my JEWISH THIGHS are off-Broadway!!! Otherwise, i do have everything I ever wanted. (as my friend Felice used to say, "Penny's so lucky -- she doesn't WANT anything..." Well, I DID-DO want: freedom and time. Those have been-are the greatest gifts of my life, and I have them)

And to you, DR's, my Family of Choice, my birthday wishes for you are joy, wisdom, astonishment, clarity, love, serenity, self-awareness, choice, courage, optimism, freedom, and TIME. Bless you all, with my whole heart. Happy Birthday to me. To you. Every day.
PennyO

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2004, 08:27:52 AM »

Happy Birthday, PennyO!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2004, 08:29:25 AM »

Happy Birthday, Dan (the Man)!!!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 08:30:55 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2004, 08:36:53 AM »

Good Morning!

Well... I slept in.  Actually, I did find myself awake at 5:30AM?!??!  -Must have been all the late-night denizen-ing going on here.  But I eventually made it back to bed... The next thing I knew it was 10:30, so...

As for TV moments.. Hmm... I didn't get to watch much TV either...  But...

"Sex and the City" - The final episode. -Actually, episodeS.

...And there were some surprising room reveals on "Trading Spaces" and "While You Were Out"... ;)

Hmm....
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2004, 08:50:38 AM »

DR Panni - Even the best of ovens have hot-spots, so... The next time you bake a batch of cookies, just rotate the sheet(s) back to front and/or top to bottom halfway through the cooking time.  Yes, it takes a little extra effort, but it can be worth it.  However....

Your cookies look wonderful!

*And I'm really hoping I can get some baking done early next week... Of course, now they're forecasting our first possible snowfall, so...
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2004, 08:53:19 AM »

Good morning!  I can’t believe I am up so soon.  It seems like I barely went to bed (barely being how I normally go to bed).  I went to bed with high hopes of reviewing my scenes for this morning’s rehearsal, but fell asleep immediately.  I am indeed very sore today and very tired, but I thank those of you who sent Good Vibes.

Thank you again, DR George, for journeying through the hinterlands to see SCROOGE.  It was such a pleasure to finally meet you.  I apologize that I didn’t have more time to chat.  The theater is very small and very cute, but I am very impressed with the quality of the production in such a small space.  And what is it about everyone thinking that damn Tiny Tim is so adorable?  He should get his own damn musical and leave me in peace! (KIDDING)
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Panni

« Reply #87 on: December 18, 2004, 09:01:13 AM »

LEAVE IT TO PANNI was indeed a short-running show on the DuMont network that featured Rose Marie as Panni and Morey Amsterdam as Guy Haines......no kinescopes exist....

Wrong, DR Jr - I believe it was Mary Tyler Moore who played Panni. Or perhaps Joi Lansing.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 09:01:55 AM by Panni »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2004, 09:01:25 AM »

elmore - of course I know Miss Mayes can be a pill, but at least she knew better than to be a pill with me.  Just a couple of other performers were pills to me and they learned that being a pill is not the way to win with me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2004, 09:01:54 AM »

Well - well - I pulled up to the Kroger Store in the JackMobile, as I always do at 5 a.m. on Saturday, and on the door was a handwritten sign:

"Store will be closed from 5 am to 6 am Saturday.  Sorry for the inconvenience."

Oh my!  Well what to do, go home and wait an hour?  Nope, I went to the Marsh Supermarket, the only other grocery store that I have a SuperSaver Scanner card for.  

I tell you, I am a Virgo, I am a creature of habit.....and going into a different and unfamiliar grocery store is like journeying to another planet.  Everything is in the wrong place....and do not know which aisles to walk up and which aisles to walk down....I do NOT know how to shop.  It was a  nightmare, Dear Friends....a Nightmare.  It was like....it was like Fellini Shopping.

I did not buy everything I needed, I just bought what I could find.

Dontcha just hate when that happens?!?!?!?

What I don't like is when stores in the same chain have different layouts.  Yes, I know, sometimes building codes come into play, but, come on!!!  It's called planning!?!?!?!?

Targets have this "problem".  Some of the location are just flipped around.  Even my beloved Ukrop's in Richmond have interesting layouts for some of the "other" locations. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up