Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: DIAL 'M' FOR MUSICAL  (Read 7539 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: DIAL 'M' FOR MUSICAL
« Reply #180 on: May 18, 2017, 07:53:37 PM »

PAGE 7 DANCE!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Laura

« Reply #181 on: May 18, 2017, 07:56:10 PM »

Last week when I went to the doctor the receptionist handed me a piece of paper with my name, address, etc and asked me if it was all correct. Yes. Then another piece of paper asking there purpose of my visit. They KNOW the purpose of my visit--I'm required to give it in order to schedule the appointment. I asked about all this extra paper. It turns out they recently confused two patients--very similar names, I was told--and have added this to try to do better. They DO need to do better, but I doubt that this is the way to do it. My dentist takes a picture of each of his patients and adds it to their file so that the staff can recognize them better. I think that makes sense!

A few months ago I got an email from Walgreens that my prescription was ready to be picked up. I haven't used Walgreens in years. She insisted it was me, gave my date of birth and everything. I finally convinced her that I since she was in the east somewhere and I was in Arizona that she had clicked on the wrong name in the computer. I guess there's another one of me out there.

So now I give my name, date of birth, and my street name. Just in case.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 08:00:14 PM by Laura »
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Laura

« Reply #182 on: May 18, 2017, 07:59:23 PM »

The phlebotomist forgot to clear the previous patient's name out of the label-maker. It was a man's name.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Laura

« Reply #183 on: May 18, 2017, 08:00:55 PM »

Hugs, Danise. Sometimes I can't believe how long it has been since my mother died. It doesn't seem that long ago.
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: May 18, 2017, 08:06:21 PM »

Linda is, indeed, a lovely person.  Last time I saw her was at Dayton's Schuster Center when we were there for a Broadway tour and she was ushering. 

Sometime around 1975, I learned that Linda was ushering for the Cincinnati Summer Opera and I told her that I would love to do that.  She got me on the usher's list and I worked every production the summers of 1976, 77, and 78.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #185 on: May 18, 2017, 08:09:17 PM »

I just learned that my friend, author James Spada, has died.  He'd been ill for some time, but I thought he was improving.  Sad.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #186 on: May 18, 2017, 08:13:26 PM »

Linda is, indeed, a lovely person.  Last time I saw her was at Dayton's Schuster Center when we were there for a Broadway tour and she was ushering. 

Sometime around 1975, I learned that Linda was ushering for the Cincinnati Summer Opera and I told her that I would love to do that.  She got me on the usher's list and I worked every production the summers of 1976, 77, and 78.

Was that at the Zoo?

ChasSmith

« Reply #187 on: May 18, 2017, 08:14:44 PM »

Damn it to hell, I have the "happily ever after" (end of Act I) chorus from Into the Woods running through my head.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #188 on: May 18, 2017, 08:28:22 PM »

Was that at the Zoo?

Nope. Music Hall.  They'd been performing there since 19 or so.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #189 on: May 18, 2017, 08:30:33 PM »

My laptop is working again. Yay!

What did you do to it?

Someone from IT finally came to fix it. I can't repair Jack.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #190 on: May 18, 2017, 08:32:23 PM »

I just learned that my friend, author James Spada, has died.  He'd been ill for some time, but I thought he was improving.  Sad.

So sorry for your loss. Don't know that I've read any of his books. Any one you'd recommend?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #191 on: May 18, 2017, 08:33:32 PM »

In Feb. or March 1979, family madness drove me out of my parents' home.  i had nowhere to go, so for about a week, I lived at the Arts In Middletown building where I was directing The Beggar's Opera.  I was sleeping on the floor, and bathing every day at the YMCA, thanks to my membership there.

One day at rehearsal, Linda Lehmkuhl, who played oe of the whores, asked me if the rumor was true that I was essentially living at the AIM Building.  When I admitted it, she said, I've got a spare room and you can come and live with me and my boys.  So, from then until I moved to New York in the middle of June 1979, I had a large, wonderful bedroom in Linda's home.  She's a wonderfully crazy lady with an enormous heart, and I am still grateful for her kindness in the midst of major turmoil. Her sons were in high school and junior high school, and it was probably my happiest time of six years in Middletown. 

Tonight on Facebook, on a theatre page, a Vance Lehmkuhl asked me: didn't we live together?  The answer is yes.  we are now Facebook friends and today is Linda's birthday.

great story.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #192 on: May 18, 2017, 08:34:40 PM »

Perhaps she saw John G's post about how chili shouldn't be sweet and came to HHW to set the record straight.

Thanks Jeanne I nearly forgot.   John would HATE my chili... No beans and the meat is nicely minced but I use tomatoes AND the dreaded brown sugar....

The chili starts out tasting sweet but builds to a medium burn...

I don't see the sense of burning your mouth off either...some at the chili contest don't think the chili  is hot  enough unless you experience actual physical pain upon ingesting it

Your idea of acute physical pain is probably my idea of mildly piquant.

:)
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #193 on: May 18, 2017, 08:35:46 PM »

Evening all.  Not much to say-I'm feeling a little down.  Today marked the 10th anniversary of my Mom's passing.  Sometimes I think is it really 10 YEARs or was it just yesterday?

Peace vibes for DR Danise.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #194 on: May 18, 2017, 08:38:11 PM »

Some wonderful posts today.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #195 on: May 18, 2017, 08:40:18 PM »

Ushered tonight for Whose Live Anyway, the live version of the TV show, Who's Line Is It Anyway. It had several of the original stars, though not Drew Carey. 

The audience was in hysterics for most of the evening, and the people they called up on stage were funny. The first woman was an anesthesiologist who was there with her friend, Chris, an OBGYN. There were jokes about Chris all evening.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #196 on: May 18, 2017, 08:40:37 PM »

Back to my writing. I need to finish this article tonight.
― Voltaire

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #197 on: May 18, 2017, 08:54:03 PM »

My laptop is working again. Yay!

What did you do to it?

Someone from IT finally came to fix it. I can't repair Jack.

Well of course not, you're not a doctor
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #198 on: May 18, 2017, 08:54:34 PM »

I am sorry for your loss

vixmom

« Reply #199 on: May 18, 2017, 08:55:50 PM »

Ushered tonight for Whose Live Anyway, the live version of the TV show, Who's Line Is It Anyway. It had several of the original stars, though not Drew Carey. 

The audience was in hysterics for most of the evening, and the people they called up on stage were funny. The first woman was an anesthesiologist who was there with her friend, Chris, an OBGYN. There were jokes about Chris all evening.

They were out here on Long Island last ,into I didn't find out until the day after or I would have gone

vixmom

« Reply #200 on: May 18, 2017, 08:58:25 PM »

Perhaps she saw John G's post about how chili shouldn't be sweet and came to HHW to set the record straight.

Thanks Jeanne I nearly forgot.   John would HATE my chili... No beans and the meat is nicely minced but I use tomatoes AND the dreaded brown sugar....

I don't see the sense of burning your mouth off either...some at the chili contest don't think the chili  is hot  enough unless you experience actual physical pain upon ingesting it

I suppose you don't approve of topping chili with sour cream :D

vixmom

« Reply #201 on: May 18, 2017, 09:01:28 PM »

Last week when I went to the doctor the receptionist handed me a piece of paper with my name, address, etc and asked me if it was all correct. Yes. Then another piece of paper asking there purpose of my visit. They KNOW the purpose of my visit--I'm required to give it in order to schedule the appointment. I asked about all this extra paper. It turns out they recently confused two patients--very similar names, I was told--and have added this to try to do better. They DO need to do better, but I doubt that this is the way to do it. My dentist takes a picture of each of his patients and adds it to their file so that the staff can recognize them better. I think that makes sense!

A few months ago I got an email from Walgreens that my prescription was ready to be picked up. I haven't used Walgreens in years. She insisted it was me, gave my date of birth and everything. I finally convinced her that I since she was in the east somewhere and I was in Arizona that she had clicked on the wrong name in the computer. I guess there's another one of me out there.

So now I give my name, date of birth, and my street name. Just in case.

Some years ago I went to a new doctor for the first time. He came in to see me with what he said was my file....it was for another woman with my same name and I had trouble convincing him of that fact.... I did not go a second time

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #202 on: May 18, 2017, 09:10:03 PM »

Listening to my new Shostakovich rare box - it's terrific and right up there with the Kondrashin box, but certainly in better sound.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #203 on: May 18, 2017, 09:10:58 PM »

Unfortunately, it clearly came from a smoker's home - you could smell it a mile away and it's made my eyes itch and I hate it so it's going in the cupboard and far away from the likes of me.

John G.

« Reply #204 on: May 18, 2017, 09:18:05 PM »

I see nothing wrong with that, though I like cheese better myself. And more hot sauce.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #205 on: May 18, 2017, 09:19:36 PM »

Finally finished my freelance piece. I'm so rusty when it comes to writing that it took much more time than it should, especially for the small amount of money I'll make from it.
― Voltaire

vixmom

« Reply #206 on: May 18, 2017, 09:20:01 PM »

I see nothing wrong with that, though I like cheese better myself. And more hot sauce.

Cheese, salsa and sour cream for me

John G.

« Reply #207 on: May 18, 2017, 09:20:10 PM »

It helped having the Two for the Road soundtrack playing in the background. Just easy and relaxing.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #208 on: May 18, 2017, 09:20:24 PM »

Good night, all.
― Voltaire

vixmom

« Reply #209 on: May 18, 2017, 09:20:47 PM »

Having trouble keeping my eyes open

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up