Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE AVOIDANCE OF CHRISTMAS POST PARTUM DEPRESSION  (Read 24344 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:THE AVOIDANCE OF CHRISTMAS POST PARTUM DEPRESSION
« Reply #120 on: December 26, 2004, 05:25:02 PM »

td when shall we see the new photos of Dixie Belle and Minx?

Pani, Craig was sitting here playing with Echo so I relayed the Jessica story.  He asked if you live in L.A. ;D

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #121 on: December 26, 2004, 05:32:23 PM »

Panni's DD brushes elbows with Jessica Simpson the day after I play a party where I'm embraced by Red Buttons.

Just shows the wide variety of celebrities you can find in Los Angeles.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #122 on: December 26, 2004, 05:46:13 PM »

Panni's DD brushes elbows with Jessica Simpson the day after I play a party where I'm embraced by Red Buttons.

Probably would have been more fun for you to be embraced by Jessica
Simpson... ;)

Panni

« Reply #123 on: December 26, 2004, 05:48:15 PM »

Panni I was very excited about the brownie recipe until I saw raspberries which I don’t care for.

I bet you could replace them with something you do care for.

François de Paris

« Reply #124 on: December 26, 2004, 06:06:40 PM »

Jessica Simpson???

I only know THIS Jessica Simpson, and I don't need 3D glasses to look at her!

http://cabanedebart.free.fr/grabpics%2Bother/jessica.gif

« Last Edit: December 26, 2004, 06:13:24 PM by François de Paris »

td

• td
« Reply #125 on: December 26, 2004, 06:14:06 PM »

td when shall we see the new photos of Dixie Belle and Minx?

I'm working on it right now. . .got the pix to the ofoto site, now, they're on their way to . . .
http://photobucket.com/albums/v305/minx_the_dog/Dixie%20Bell/

(new digital pix are:  myminx.jpg, missdixiebelle.jpg, minxsleeps.jpg, image_015.jpg and dixie.jpg)  image_015.jpg actually shows Minx playing with Dixie, I'm sure my camera skills will improve with time.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

« Reply #126 on: December 26, 2004, 06:43:26 PM »

Panni I thought of that put am way too tired to pursue it. ::)

td You don’t exaggerate do you!.  I enlarged the pic of Mix playing with Dixie Belle, only the pup was a white blur of fluff.   ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: December 26, 2004, 06:45:17 PM »

I thought Jessica Simpson was one of The Simpsons cartoon characters.

I went to amazon and found the camera I just purchased from Good Guys thirty bucks less, so back I go with my receipt and the amazon page and they should price match.  I also read a lot of reviews of my camera, with most people loving it (it also takes small but sharp videos!) with but one caveat - it's not as easy as most to do instant reviews of what you've just taken (apperently it's a button or two away, which is just too much for certain folks).  But it does say you can take up to 200 pix on one battery charge using the LCD screen, so that alone is worth the price to me.

Jennifer

« Reply #128 on: December 26, 2004, 06:51:29 PM »

Hey, I only spent like $20 on all that stuff!

It's fun though.  And I suppose people do go early to beat the crowds.  But I sort of think they go early to see which stores will open early.

The most popular stores are electronics like Future Shop.  My dad went there and there were like 1000 people lined up just before 1pm.

For some reason people here are just trained to go shopping on Boxing Day.  I find it amazing, that the day after people spend all their money, that they then come out for Boxing Day sales.  In fact Boxing Day is the most popular shopping day of the year here.

The malls were busy right before Xmas.  But they were way busier today.  In fact as we were leaving it was incredible to see the "interesting" parking some people did.  I guess there were no parking spots to be found.  So many SUVs were parked up the curbs on grassy areas in the parking lot.  Crazy.

Jennifer

« Reply #129 on: December 26, 2004, 06:56:14 PM »

And I of course know who Jessica Simpson is.  In fact I think her Newlywed show is absolutely hilarious.  I think we finished Season 2 a while back here in Canada (I believe you guys finished Season 3).

Btw, my aunt made the most delicious strawberry cheese pie I've ever tasted.  I think this is the recipe (with perhaps a few modifications).

http://pie.allrecipes.com/az/StrawberryCheesePie.asp

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #130 on: December 26, 2004, 07:27:43 PM »

Earthquake and tsunami....frightening.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

« Reply #131 on: December 26, 2004, 08:03:02 PM »

I just washed tonight’s dishes in all of five minutes.  Thank goodness that is all is took as my body is still sore from all the cleaning up I did yesterday.  I didn’t cook, just cleaned after Keith and Bryan.  Keith spent much of the day outside with Echo.  I assure you I would rather be inside where it is warm. Craig spent his free time trying to find a hotel in Vienna for the New Year.  It did find a hotel just outside of the city.  On further investigation he realized it was the same hotel we stayed at in Bratislava.

This morning I finally used my new whirlpool tub.  It is a little too big for me and I have to climb over a step to get in and out of it, otherwise it is wonderful.  It sits next to a bay window and my view of snow covered trees was an extra treat. :D

Jane

« Reply #132 on: December 26, 2004, 08:09:06 PM »

We did go shopping today but only because Craig needs to return to Romania with gifts and a few things for himself.  While at Circuit City I picked up WICKED.   Tomorrow we have the mall, Toys R U, Barnes and Noble and I don’t know where else.  The plan was to go to Barnes and Noble before Bryan left today and take advantage of his employee discount.  Instead we sat around while Craig continued to look for a hotel in Vienna.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #133 on: December 26, 2004, 08:17:55 PM »

Since I was late going downstairs and had no time for SPIDER-MAN 2, I put in another STAR TREK episode and followed it with two episodes from THE DICK VAN DYKE SHOW Season 4. Absolutely love "The Ghost of A. Chanz." Hilarious, and the first time I saw it as a kid, kind of scary, too, even hearing the audience laughing.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #134 on: December 26, 2004, 08:20:13 PM »

I know who jessica Simpson is, and frankly, I don't care. As far as I've been able to ascertain from the few times I've stumbled across her on TV, she's relatively talentless and famous for being famous.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #135 on: December 26, 2004, 08:23:53 PM »

Der B and I just watched the rerun of the Desperate Housewives pilot episode.  I can see how easy it is to get hooked on this show.  Unfortunately, der B is hooked on Cold Case, so we might have to "discuss" what we'll be watching from now on.

Or take up watching Monday Night Football promos.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #136 on: December 26, 2004, 08:27:14 PM »

I still get confused about ratio.  Now...I thought widescreen had to be done with lenses.  So if a movie is shot in a couple of ratios - is it shot with lenses and projected with lenses but masked differently?  Or is it just shot with more information on the film and masked?

Depends on the method of shooting. These movies we were talking about earlier were shot for 1.85 projection but had safety area above and below the part that would be projected. Some films were printed that way and some were probably sent with instructions to the projectionist on how they were to be matted.

But DR JRand, "widescreen" is a fairly generic term because there are so many widescreen aspect ratios, some that require anamorphic lenses (like Cinemascope or Panavision) and others that are wider than the old Academy (square) ratio but not shot with spherical lenses at all.

And then you have Super 35 which allows filmakers to have a ratio as wide as Panavision or matted off to 1.85:1 if the filmaker prefers. I forget which film it was, but there was a very popular release a couple of years ago which was shot in Super 35 and projected in the theater at 2.35:1 but when the time came for a DVD release, the filmmaker reframed it for DVD at 1.85:1. That did not make a lot of people happy.

Matt H.

« Reply #137 on: December 26, 2004, 08:28:36 PM »

Der B and I just watched the rerun of the Desperate Housewives pilot episode.  I can see how easy it is to get hooked on this show.  Unfortunately, der B is hooked on Cold Case, so we might have to "discuss" what we'll be watching from now on.

Or take up watching Monday Night Football promos.

Once football season is over and there aren't football overruns, you won't have a problem. They aren't supposed to air opposite each other. One's at 8 p.m. (COLD CASE) and the other's at 9.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #138 on: December 26, 2004, 08:41:56 PM »

I am pleased to report that thanks to the chefs at HHW, the ham and bean soup is delicious.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #139 on: December 26, 2004, 09:22:03 PM »

Good Evening!

...And from Richmond again!

Good show tonight.  Fun show tonight, as it turned out.  Beforehand, most of us just kind of made it known that we'd rather not be there tonight so to speak... So we just treated the show as a two and a half hour interruption to our holiday weekend.  ;)  So, once that was acknowledged, we just played and performed.  And we also had a very full and responsive audience which made the night go faster too.

-I did feel sorry for our guitar player.  He drove up to NYC for the holiday.  It took him seven hours to drive back today.  Seven hours!  -Normally takes four hours.  No accidents, just lots of people on the road.  -And from listening to the traffic reports on the way down to Richmond, it sounded like there were still a lot of people on 95 between New York and DC.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #140 on: December 26, 2004, 10:27:56 PM »

No posts in over and hour?

SKAMMEN!

Hmmm... Must have been the goulash I had earlier.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: December 26, 2004, 10:47:31 PM »

It must be that post partum Christmas errant and truantness, that's what it must be.  I'm still trying to figure out if I want a new computer or not.  A new laptop, that is.  I've been a PC boy all my computing life, but I must say I was looking at the Apple Powerbook G4 with the 17" screen and it looks pretty fab.  There is one available that has the Windows for Apple software included, which, I think, is a must if I were to switch over.  On the other hand, I don't really feel like relearning things, computer-wise.  Then I've been looking at the new top of the line Dell 17", which is six hundred bucks cheaper, and available in a fully-loaded version with an extended warranty, etc. on eBay from a good seller.  What to do?  Always interested in comments, that is if anyone were AROUND to comment.

Panni

« Reply #142 on: December 26, 2004, 10:55:29 PM »

My comment is to get the Apple Powerbook G4.

Just watched the screener of IN GOOD COMPANY. Really enjoyed it.

Panni

« Reply #143 on: December 26, 2004, 10:57:56 PM »

...However, the enjoyment of the film was marred by the fact that my new $19. (after rebate) DVD player would freeze the picture every half hour or so. Guess I'll have to return it and get a $29. model.

Tomovoz

« Reply #144 on: December 26, 2004, 10:59:11 PM »

"In Good Company". Is that about a group of kimlets?
I can't remember the collective nouns appropriate for hainsies and kimlets.

I'd avoid the need for learning a new computer system too Bk. Maybe it's a Sagitarian thing.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #145 on: December 26, 2004, 11:34:07 PM »

BK - Ordinarily I'd say get the Apple Powerbook...they are REALLY nice computers.  But knowing your dislike for change..go with the PC

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: December 26, 2004, 11:37:08 PM »

This is a very tough decision - I HATE change - however, the Apple Powerbook is so sweet-looking, and just fooling around with it in the store was so easy and fun.  It's going to boil down to whether the Windows for Apple software (and especially Word) looks the same on the Apple as it does on the PC.  That's what I wouldn't be able to deal with - if Word didn't look and operate exactly the same.  Also, I have to make certain that all my stuff on the PC would be able to be ported over easily.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: December 26, 2004, 11:37:22 PM »

I love that picture of Ann, don't you?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: December 26, 2004, 11:38:05 PM »

Let's have more discourse on this subject.  Like, for example, why doesn't occasional poster/lurker dear reader Iris speak up on this issue.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: December 26, 2004, 11:41:28 PM »

Welcome six GUESTS.  We're talkin' about Macs and PCs.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up