Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BIG MAC  (Read 67259 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:THE BIG MAC
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2004, 09:37:10 AM »

BTW  DR MBarnum nice family snaps, thanks for sharing!

:D

Are they still "snaps' if they're digital? :-\

Not a shiney face among them!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2004, 09:39:15 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]

:) ;) :D ;D >:( :-* :-* :-* :-* ;D ;D ;DPAGE THREE :) ;) :D ;D >: :-* :-* :-* :-* ;D ;D ;D ;D

[/move]

Who's that strange interloper?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 09:40:22 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2004, 09:44:44 AM »

Sad news about Jerry Orbach - wish I'd seen him perform in person, but, alas, will have to remember him on recordings.  DRvixmom, your story about him singing "Be My Guest" to your daughter brough tears to my eyes.

DRMBarnum - thank you for sharing your family photos with us.  I also use a Kodak EasyShare and have had some battery problems.  The tips provided on this site have been very helpful to me.  Of course, my forgetting to turn off the camera when it's not in use seem to be the biggest problem!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2004, 09:44:47 AM »

DR Jennifer, I missed last nights TAR...totally spaced it, so I am glad it was just a recap...although it would have been fun to see.

That said, I really like the dad and daughter (whose names I can never remember). The older couple were my favorites, but I was always afraid they were going to keel over or get hurt. Kris and Jon seem nice, but for the life of me I could swear they have not even been in this show until recently...I guess they have kept a REALLY low profile! And I have to admit to liking Bollo...but his wife is a maniac...but Bollo amuses me...!

MBarnum

« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2004, 09:48:50 AM »

Not a shiney face among them!

I don't know why my face is always shiny in pictures...or most pictures! And the older I get the less photogenic I get..I hate that! Or good G*d maybe I look like my pictures in real life! Argh!

Ginny

« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2004, 09:50:03 AM »

Oh, I forgot to mention health vibes for DR's Ann and Elmore!

Also, bk, welcome to the world of Mac users!  I didn't have a chance yesterday to mention that I use a Mac at home (we were early adopters due to my husband's work) and a PC at work.  Never, never, never have I sat at my desk at home and thought, "Boy, I sure wish I had a PC!"  I have even worked on Word documents in one place and emailed them to myself and continued to work, regardless of platform.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2004, 09:58:18 AM »

Just talked to Heidi at the Mac place I'm ordering from - very sweet.  She is suggesting I don't actually place the order until 1/10 because Mac World is coming then, and they frequently announce upgrades, and this computer I want would be cheaper then, or I could go with the upgraded one.  This came up because I want the larger 128 Graphics card rather than the one that comes installed.  They don't have any in stock that way (they usually do) and they said that it would take five to ten days to get it because of Mac World - so, I've called Mr. Mac Man and he's looking into all this for me.  I'll keep you updated, of course.  Waiting until January 10 is not a horrible problem except I was now excited to get it.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2004, 10:05:29 AM »

I don't know why my face is always shiny in pictures...or most pictures!
A light application of powder... ::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2004, 10:07:14 AM »

Dear BK, I have a question for you, on this the very last  "Ask BK Day" of 2004... if this is YOUR site, why are you member 12?
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2004, 10:09:53 AM »

I don't know why my face is always shiny in pictures...or most pictures! And the older I get the less photogenic I get..I hate that! Or good G*d maybe I look like my pictures in real life! Argh!

Perhaps some vaseline on the lens?  Or linoleum?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2004, 10:11:05 AM »

Dear BK, I have a question for you, on this the very last  "Ask BK Day" of 2004... if this is YOUR site, why are you member 12?

Wow!  What a great question.  I need to look at the member numbers more often.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2004, 10:17:47 AM »

The weather in Olympia is a little brisk and foggy, but that's about it.  No problems here.

I wonder how many episodes of Orbach's new LAW & ORDER: TRIAL BY JURY series Jerry was able to film before he got too sick to work? Anyone have any clue. There was nothing about this in any obits I read this morning.

It's very, very sad. :'( And I can't imagine how they're going to write his death into the show.  That's never easy but it has to be done.  They can't just have his character leave.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2004, 10:19:32 AM »

Bk question of the day:
Of the Edgar Wallace Krimi films, you have not named the titles of those you particularly enjoyed...so my question is which ones did you enjoy the most..I need titles!!

BK question #2: Is Paul Haber single? Just curious. ..

And do you plan on working with him again in the future...he has such a wonderful singing voice...IMHO, anyhow, and I would enjoy hearing it again.

George

« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2004, 10:22:01 AM »

Being  only a junior, I need some  technical advice.  How do I upload pictures to this site?   ???

When you "Reply" or "Quote" a message, below the "Message" box where you type your message is a box labeled "Attach:"  Just click on "Browse..." and find the picture that you want to attach to the message then click "Open."  The file path will then be in the "Attach:" box.

The only problem is that you can't preview the message with the attachement (unless that's changed).  You have to do all your previewing (for spelling and placement and all that) before you attach, which has to be the part of the last step before you "Post."  Hope that helps!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2004, 10:26:24 AM »

And Vixmom, you can always click the "Home" button at the top and bottom of every page and go to the Technical Support section of the board.  There are many topics with questions and answers to peruse!  And you can create your own topic and have questions answered by people who know things. ;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2004, 10:26:42 AM »

Just talked to Heidi at the Mac place I'm ordering from - very sweet.  She is suggesting I don't actually place the order until 1/10 because Mac World is coming then, and they frequently announce upgrades, and this computer I want would be cheaper then, or I could go with the upgraded one.  This came up because I want the larger 128 Graphics card rather than the one that comes installed.  They don't have any in stock that way (they usually do) and they said that it would take five to ten days to get it because of Mac World - so, I've called Mr. Mac Man and he's looking into all this for me.  I'll keep you updated, of course.  Waiting until January 10 is not a horrible problem except I was now excited to get it.

Just make sure that once January 10th comes around, you pounce on the closeout deals!  They go VERY fast.  Late July-early August is usually another Apple/Mac "special deal" time since they release some new models in time for the new school year.

-I actually would have ordered a new iBook back in August, but I got sidetracked by What If?. ;)

Does this place you're getting your Mac from get their Mac from Mac World?  Or was she talking about Mac World magazine?

Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2004, 10:27:34 AM »

As far as I know, Paul is indeed single.  I'd certainly work with him again.

The numbers in the member list are not accurate.  I believe both Mark and Craig registered before me, so they could do testing, but I certainly was the third.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2004, 10:29:49 AM »

Actually, if you look at the member list, I'm number five and Craig is number six - the others before me were the people helping with the site design and testing.  I don't know what these other numbers under our avatars mean.

vixmom

« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2004, 10:31:15 AM »

When you "Reply" or "Quote" a message, below the "Message" box where you type your message is a box labeled "Attach:"  Just click on "Browse..." and find the picture that you want to attach to the message then click "Open."  The file path will then be in the "Attach:" box.

Hope that helps!

Thanks!! I am going  to try to post my picture to my profile.  Is that the same technique?  I need to have someone take a picture of me as well, perhaps I should use DR Elmore's suggestion and take the precaution of afixing some linoleum on the lens first, to avoid nightmares amongst the squeamish
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 10:35:05 AM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2004, 10:33:52 AM »

Actually, if you look at the member list, I'm number five and Craig is number six - the others before me were the people helping with the site design and testing.  I don't know what these other numbers under our avatars mean.

Well, you're numbero uno in our HHW hearts :-*

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2004, 10:36:37 AM »

They must get their Mac from Mac World.  My guy is on this and will be calling me back later - what will be will be.  Either I'll have it Monday or Tuesday or the following week - no biggie either way except that I want it NOW.

My favorites of the Edgar Wallace films (thus far) are:  Das Indishce Tuch (The Indian Scarf), Zimmer 13 (Room 13), Der Hexer (The Magician), Die Gruft Mit Dem Ratselchloss (something about The Hidden Vault).  I'm enjoying the non-Edward Wallace one - it's all the same people and crew, just based on a James Hadley Chase story instead - it's not quite as wacky as the EW films, but it's really well done.

MBarnum

« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2004, 10:40:45 AM »

Thanks for the info on the movies BK. I will have to see which one Alpha has on DVD. I don't recall if THE INDIAN SCARF is one of them or not..although I have heard of it...I am trying to remember which ones I saw when I was in Jr. High School...DEAD EYES OF LONDON was one, I know that for sure.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2004, 10:41:26 AM »

Thanks!! I am going  to try to post my picture to my profile.  Is that the same technique?  I need to have someone take a picture of me as well, perhaps I should use DR Elmore's suggestion and take the precaution of afixing some linoleum on the lens first, to avoid nightmares amongst the squeamish

DR vixmon - If you were already able to load up/select the "Coming Soon" animated gif to your profile page, then you're already more than half way to posting your own pic on this site.

On you Mark... Get set....
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2004, 10:44:31 AM »

Good Afternoon!

-I slept until 12:15-ish... Just in time for lunch!  -My mom ordered Chinese Food!  -And this time, the Chinese Food was very good...

I'm still waking up...

And I need to make up my bed...
Make Your Own Luck.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2004, 10:46:32 AM »

Catcher in the Rye has never been made into a film, Dear Brother/Reader Stuart.

Note the following, however, from the IMDB, regarding My Foolish Heart:

J.D. Salinger so despised this adaptation of his short story "Uncle Wiggly in Connecticut" that he never again allowed any of his work to be adapted to film.

Thank you for this clarification.

Jennifer

« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2004, 10:48:44 AM »

Re: my dad transferring everything from VHS to dvd.

Your dad's a smart cookie!  I should follow his example.

And here I thought he was being crazy.  Well it just seems crazy.

Btw, the dvd recorder is a Panasonice DMR E55.

He seems to be thrilled with it.  

vixmom

« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2004, 10:49:14 AM »

DR vixmon - If you were already able to load up/select the "Coming Soon" animated gif to your profile page, then you're already more than half way to posting your own pic on this site.

On you Mark... Get set....

well, that was already available in the gifs on the profile setup page, so I just had to "click" on it, I nearly chose WFO's just to see if anyone would notice, but I didb't want him to get blamed  for my inane chatter ;)

or bad typing/spelling
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 10:50:24 AM by vixmom »

Jennifer

« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2004, 11:01:05 AM »

DR MBarnum, I wonder if they replay TAR episodes at all!

It was a really good recap.  It's funny but I dislike the teams you seem to like (the father/daughter are nice but seem slightly useless and will not win).

Umm, if you like Bollo (the wreslter, who I CANNOT STAND), then you might have been amused by what they showed last night.

One thing they rarely show on the shows is when the teams have to go through customs.  Anyhow, last night they showed how the wrestlers got through faster than the other teams.

Bollo (the guy) pretended to be "challenged".  So he would walk funny (like he was crippled in one leg) and they would announce the crowd that they needed to get through the line quicker cause her friend "was special" (or something similar).

I think Bollo being "mentally challenged" was actually not far off from the truth. :)

Jennifer

« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2004, 11:09:08 AM »

More TAR:

DR MBarnum, re: Kris and Jon

They showed some stuff last night which I am surprised that they didn't show before.  Kris is a darling.  They showed her helping out the friends (maria and someone) when their car kept stalling.

They also showed her at the beach in africa i think. She was swimming in the ocean with the kids saying how much she loved them.  They showed that in contrast to kendra whining about the poverty and how much she hated that "these people" kept breeding.

To answer your question, Kris and Jon have finished first a lot.  And I think they have not been the focus because they will be in the final 3.  And they are telling their story slowly.  I am in love with this couple.  They seem truly nice.

And because of the editing (and how much they showed kendra whining), I think her and freddie will also be final 3.  And of course we have the bad guy jonathan.  They will be top 3 or 4.

I can't figure out hayden and aaron.  I do really like them. And they seem to always finish near the top.  But as the teams continue to be bunched together, it's possible at any time for any team to go.

But i'd guess the wrestlers should go next week, followed by adam/rebecca and father/daughter.

Tomovoz

« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2004, 11:10:15 AM »

Sad indeed to hear the news re Mr Orbach.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up