Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BIG MAC  (Read 66906 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:THE BIG MAC
« Reply #180 on: December 29, 2004, 10:31:35 PM »

ACK--- I just found out that the materials for "Zombie Prom" do NOT include vocal books... Damn Samuel French... damn them ALL!!!!

Hmmm... I wonder if this means that they just go ahead and send out extra copies of the p/v/c score.  When I did Three Guys Naked from the Waist Down a couple of years ago, this was the case.  -The show was not a "regular" property in their library, so there was no justification to spend the time and money to come up with vocal books.

*I still remember MTI's first set of books for Into the Woods - or maybe it was Assassins.  They had literally just cut and pasted the vocal lines from the P/C score into a part!  Of course, since the books were the standard vocal part size, the notes and words had been reduced to very small print.

OH, so does this mean you've settled on Zombie Prom?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #181 on: December 29, 2004, 10:32:42 PM »

DR Matthew - I've been meaning to ask... You told us what you True Love gave to you this past Christmas, but what did you give your True Love?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #182 on: December 29, 2004, 11:00:33 PM »

The Pogues have departed - we had a splendidly splendid evening, about which more in the notes.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #183 on: December 29, 2004, 11:27:34 PM »

Back from the dinner party. Wonderful food, interesting people. And Ruff, the dog, who is now 15. I knew him when he was a rascal of a pup. He's mellowed. As have I.
G'night.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: December 29, 2004, 11:37:17 PM »

"G'night"  What are you, an Australian WUSSBURGER all of a sudden?  How dullsville.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #185 on: December 29, 2004, 11:38:14 PM »

Welcome six GUESTS.  Perhaps one of you can replace the tired old WUSSBURGER.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #186 on: December 29, 2004, 11:38:46 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I'M a tired and old, too, but never a WUSSBURGER.  I don't believe in it.

Tomovoz

« Reply #187 on: December 29, 2004, 11:52:23 PM »

"G'night"  What are you, an Australian WUSSBURGER all of a sudden?  How dullsville.
Me thinks I have just been insulted by our host!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #188 on: December 29, 2004, 11:55:47 PM »

Not you, Tom of Oz, for you are an authentic Ozzie - I was mocking your imitator.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #189 on: December 29, 2004, 11:55:54 PM »

There was one chipper guy who was manning one of the registers, and he seemed OK.  But then I heard him answering a query from a lady who was waiting to be rung up.  She pointed out that the woman who was being rung up on the other side of the counter had actually gotten there after she had, and wondered why she was not the actual next person in line then.  Well, the clerk responded, "Well, it's up to you to speak up and put your merchandise down on the counter."  -What kind of an answer is that?!?!?  At least she was then the "next" person in line, and since two registers had opened up, she was being rung up at the same time the that the lady who had "cut in" was being rung up.  In any case...
With today's computerized cash registers, clerks usually have to "log in" to use the register.  And, of course, a clerk can only log in to one register at a time.  Mr. Chipper was probably logged into Ms. Cut's register.  This keeps in-house theft down, and also helps management keep track of which clerks are making errors and need extra training.  

It would have made more sense if a sign had been placed on the other side of the counter, asking customers to use the side where the clerk was standing.  Not that many customers read signs when it makes them do extra work.   :P
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #190 on: December 29, 2004, 11:56:55 PM »

I am quite full of food and ready to plotz.  But I shall not be a WUSSBURGER because that is not in my nature, and no matter how hard we try we cannot change our natures.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up