Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: I DO! I DO!  (Read 83500 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:I DO! I DO!
« Reply #180 on: January 03, 2005, 03:35:03 PM »

What red "x"s?  I don't see no stinkin' red "x"s.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #181 on: January 03, 2005, 03:35:18 PM »

Juliana may make herself available to be a haineshisway.com bride.  She's very interested in the concept.

And you didn't offer yourself to her as a groom, bk??  I'm shocked...  :o

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #182 on: January 03, 2005, 03:37:02 PM »

Well, I can't possibly offer myself as a groom until she's actually offered herself as bride.  As soon as she commits to the idea, then it's no holds barred.  There IS a slight age difference, but when has THAT ever stopped the likes of elderly Jews?

Isn't it funny - I mention eleven GUESTS and three GUESTS immediately hit the road.  

Jed

« Reply #183 on: January 03, 2005, 03:42:54 PM »

Juliana may make herself available to be a haineshisway.com bride.  She's very interested in the concept.

Must dust off my HHW Womanizer hat...
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #184 on: January 03, 2005, 03:48:23 PM »

Isn't it funny - I mention eleven GUESTS and three GUESTS immediately hit the road.  

Okay, the x's are gone but why do you mention the guests when it tends to chase them away?  ;D

Jane

« Reply #185 on: January 03, 2005, 03:48:52 PM »

Jed-LOL-Go for it!

Jennifer

« Reply #186 on: January 03, 2005, 03:53:05 PM »

DR Dan, thanks for trying to help re: the telnet thing.  I did what you said, and it sort of brought something up.  But it was on a black screen (and I cannot work that way).  I couldn't get it to load though.

It's just so frustrating, because the other computer I was using had telnet right on the front page when you logged in.  I know there are sites that I can probably download telnet from.  I just don't know anything about such things!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #187 on: January 03, 2005, 03:58:56 PM »

And I 2nd DR JRands, Yikes!, DtM  What exactly did it say?  

I wish I broght the page home to scan and post.  I'll try to use the scanner in the office tomorrow.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #188 on: January 03, 2005, 04:04:42 PM »

It only chases CERTAIN guests away - you know, CERTAIN guests.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #189 on: January 03, 2005, 04:04:44 PM »

First computer I ever used with a Commadore PET Computer in 6th grade.  I remember buying a Commadore VIC 20 from a friend of mine for use at home, you hooked it up to the TV, it was fun.  I remember copying programs out of magazines in my spare time and saving them on CASSETTES!!!  I eventually acquired an Atari 800 XL and eventually a PC.  I still use PC's and I have an iBook for portable stuff.

DR Matthew, did you make the hot air balloon that floated across the TV screen?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #190 on: January 03, 2005, 04:05:37 PM »

Good Afternoon/Early Evening!

On you Mark... Get Set... Bake!

Or as the English prefer:

Ready... Steady... Bake!

I haven't started any actual baking yet, but I did spend some time in the kitchen getting things in order.  The counters are wiped down and disinfected and wiped down again.  All my measuring cups and spatulas are washed.  Both work bowls for my Kitchen Aid stand mixer are also washed.  I also washed a bunch of pots and pans that have been gathering dust since the last time I used them - which I think was all the way back in March!  WOW?!?!?!?  I even have a couple of sticks of butter sitting out and coming to room temperature so that they may be able to creamed with sugars and vanilla and extracts later on this evening.

I'm just taking a break right now.  And I also need to get some dinner too.  Thankfully, there's nothing on Monday night's TV schedule that looks tempting, so...  -I think that's why I started baking on Monday nights in the first place, since there was nothing on TV worth watching.

And my foot is feeling a lot better.  A lot better.  Whew!  -I also realized that I was probably not feeling too well earlier since my blood sugar was low.  I had dinner last night between shows, and that was around 6:00pm.  I got up at 11:30 this morning, but I didn't head out for my walk and my lunch until around 2:00.  You do the math.  Food good.  No food for 14 hours not good.

OK... Time to get this laptop of my lap or you know what might happen... (DR DerB).

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #191 on: January 03, 2005, 04:06:24 PM »

WARNING - SPOILER AHEAD!

I just returned from a trip to the future and brought back this pic from an up-coming episode of "Lost":

der Brucer

(Kate gets something to replace her tank-top!)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #192 on: January 03, 2005, 04:06:57 PM »

I got another box of Edgar Wallace movies - this one box number six (boxes one and two are still on their way) - sadly, two of the four films therein are in German with no subs or dubs.  The other two are fine.  Three of the films are in color (all the others are black and white).  The series of films basically only had a handful of directors, but two of the films were directed by Brits - Freddie Francis and Cy (Zulu) Endfield - sadly, both of the latter two are in German only.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #193 on: January 03, 2005, 04:07:49 PM »

However, since I've picked up a good deal of German from having watched ten of these films, I can probably get through them all right, just by reading a synopisis on the imdb.  I must go in the other zimmer and watch.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #194 on: January 03, 2005, 04:10:44 PM »

Re: chat.  I don't do chat.  I really don't understand the concept.  How is it any different than communicating here?  I waste enough time on the internet as it is.  I need no other distractions.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #195 on: January 03, 2005, 04:15:08 PM »

DR Dan, thanks for trying to help re: the telnet thing.  I did what you said, and it sort of brought something up.  But it was on a black screen (and I cannot work that way).  I couldn't get it to load though.

It's just so frustrating, because the other computer I was using had telnet right on the front page when you logged in.  I know there are sites that I can probably download telnet from.  I just don't know anything about such things!

Jennifer, one more thing to try--HyperTeminal.  It should be located in Programs, Accessories, Communications.  It looks to me that this is the same as Telnet.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #196 on: January 03, 2005, 04:20:53 PM »

Back from a lovely lunch with the ever-lovely Juliana A. Hansen.  I never run into people I know, but I saw my pal Gordon Hunt, and I saw my cousin Alan.  Go know.  Juliana looked ravishing, and I have a phograph to prove it which, of course, I will be posting from my new Powerbook.  I do have the feeling that the photos I'm taking with the Canon will be too many pixels, so someone may have to talk me through converting them to less pixels.

BK, my favorite picture utility is called IrfanView.  There is a "Resize/Resample" option under "Edit" on the menu that allows one to, er, resize or resample your pics to the size you want.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #197 on: January 03, 2005, 04:22:51 PM »

All guys here now.  We should make a sweat lodge and bond.
-- Anaïs Nin

Danise

« Reply #198 on: January 03, 2005, 04:33:26 PM »

I beg pardon????   ;)  ;D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #199 on: January 03, 2005, 04:34:21 PM »

If we all sweat, won't we just "stick" together?  

Or were you thinking there'd be some Krazy Gluing goin' down?

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #200 on: January 03, 2005, 04:36:39 PM »

:o

DR Joey - Are you still there?

:D
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #201 on: January 03, 2005, 04:36:43 PM »

Chat is not for everyone, but I must say some of the wildest, wooliest and funniest things on this site have happened during certain chats.  It's a totally different vibe than the board - but, yes, it is hard to keep up and is definitely not for slow typists.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #202 on: January 03, 2005, 04:39:06 PM »

Ummm... Lady in the room... Lady in the room now...

HI! DR DANISE!  How are you?!?!?

;)

<zip>
Make Your Own Luck.

Danise

« Reply #203 on: January 03, 2005, 04:41:31 PM »

Hummmm, Methinks there is something a foot or at least a hand.

Good evening.  Gentlemen.   :D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #204 on: January 03, 2005, 04:46:55 PM »

That's okay, DR Danise.  Women are welcome in the lodge.  In fact, two women I know regularly lead sweat lodges.

DR RLP, your sweat is sticky?  Mine is more on the slippery side.
-- Anaïs Nin

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #205 on: January 03, 2005, 04:48:10 PM »

Re computers - More info on my first hybrid  typewriter computer mix -- a Xerox (6200 maybe?).  It eventually saved to a 5 1/2 floppy in DOS text. I thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. SO modern.

It suddenly got very dark here. And thunder is rumbling.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2005, 04:48:51 PM by Panni »

Danise

« Reply #206 on: January 03, 2005, 04:59:59 PM »

That's okay, DR Danise.  Women are welcome in the lodge.  In fact, two women I know regularly lead sweat lodges.

DR RLP, your sweat is sticky?  Mine is more on the slippery side.

FYI.  Ladies don't sweat, we perspire.   ;)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #207 on: January 03, 2005, 05:04:20 PM »

I am here. I had to get caught up.

When I was working at the library our online catalog was actually telnet/hyperterminal based. We moved over to a Sirsi web-based system about 3 months before we moved to the new building. I noticed that it was the same system that my college uses so I have taught several of my friends how to use the online catalog. They know how to search for things, but they have no idea you can renew materials online and make reserves/holds or whatever you wish to call it.

I spend way too much time on the computer now that I think about it. Creating DVD projects, making multimedia slideshows, etc. One of my minors is Digital Media Design. I actually have a picture slideshow I am working on for my church where I livel. A lot of the resident parishoners have no idea what the college students have going on there so we are working on it for a presentation. I've got a very rough copy uploaded to my website and I have been asking my friends to tell me if there is anything about it that needs changed or edited so it will be better.

It's just really exciting to see where media is going in daily life. I am not talking about it's use for entertainment so much as its applications in education, business, and personal use. But I am rambling! :-)
There is no music without silence, only noise...

Jane

« Reply #208 on: January 03, 2005, 05:15:50 PM »

FYI.  Ladies don't sweat, we perspire.   ;)

I don't do either well which is the reason I avoid sweat lodges.  I tend to simply pass out.  ;D

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #209 on: January 03, 2005, 05:15:55 PM »

The sky is really ominous - quite black in certain sections.

Dan TM - That was quite an eerie story about the calendar.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up